• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria |OT| - Sorey, Modders did what Bamcouldn't!

Faenix1

Welp. Post office is full of idiots.

Game was processed in town then went out for delivery. Then it somehow ends up leaving my province? Umm.. ok.

Holmes

You don't know what it's like

You don't know what it's like walking around in GAF Tales threads, with the knowledge that I $15'd for Xillia 2 platinum.
Whoa. Shame.

The pay to win DLC is stuff you can get in the grade shop anyway...

Falk

that puzzling face
Whoa. Shame.

The pay to win DLC is stuff you can get in the grade shop anyway...

Actually, no.

As I briefly went into previously in the thread, the context was:

- Finishing off Xillia 2 platinum, on NG+, with the usual Grade Shop suspects already enabled
- Realizing I'm going to be about 4-5 hours short in finishing this off before crunch time for work came (I freelance audio, huge soundtrack work was lined up then which would take me out of commission for 3-5 weeks as far as gaming goes)
- Had $15 lying around on PSN since 2012 (I can't even remember what I bought prior, was remainder off a $50 PSN card)
- Bought +30 levels (level +10, level +10, level +5, level +5) which added up to a dollar under my wallet funds to just speed up the lv200 achievement by a few hours on top of the Grade Shop NG+ run
- Got platinum
- Started work, RIP Falk's gaming for a month.

The more contextual discussion here is, why even do that? Are platinum trophies really that important? Why not just hack trophies if they mean so much to you?

Xillia 2 is hardly the only Tales plat I have. Heck, Tales games are hardly the only plats I have. It's all about the journey, not the destination and funny as it sounds, I legit get nostalgic going through some of them sometimes (not just limited to PSN) sort of the way photo albums invoke nostalgia. As to hacking saves vs $ DLC, I guess it's a combination of "well the $15 is lying around not being used anyway" and a developer-sanctioned method* as opposed to a hack. Not that it really matters in actual practice but there you have it.

*And again, I think Bamco's DLC practices are terrible, it was pretty much an impulse-buy, and I wouldn't do it again given the choice, since I've finished plats for a shit ton more games since that crunch last year.

I'm well aware every time I bring it up it derails threads, but I thought it would have been funny one last time in the context of previous page. I'm all for self-deprecating humor if someone gets a kick out of it. That's all there is to it. ;p

edit: you can quote that other guy and stare at him though!

You hating on the Neps, fam?

I'm agreeing 100% with Durante in this case. For me, the dubs take Neptunia from an amusing, stylistic romp through Japanese gaming and pop culture (in Japanese) to straight-up cringeworthy (in English). A lot of the humor and the moe factor just... I dunno, doesn't localize well, I feel. You're welcome to disagree.

edit2: Although a completely different culture, Bollywood falls into this categorization. It's far easier to appreciate Bollywood movies for what they are when left in their original language, whether Tamil, Hindi or whatever. Subs are fine. Dubbing... really turns them from something amusing and cultural into downright hilarious.

SeanTSC

Whelp, just got my Tales of Zestiria CE in from Amazon...

and it's missing the Music CD. I'm pretty miffed about this. Would it be better to contact Amazon or Bandai-Namco?

Stuart444

Whelp, just got my Tales of Zestiria CE in from Amazon...

and it's missing the Music CD. I'm pretty miffed about this. Would it be better to contact Amazon or Bandai-Namco?

I'd say contact Bandai Namco first. Amazon will just tell you to return it probably.

Is the Classic Costume DLC up on PSN? I redeemed my code for it and it showed a picture of the costumes, but I can't see where to download them.

Falk

that puzzling face
Good call, I thought a code was the only way to get it. Downloading now.

It's a really bizarre setup (along with the release dates but I digress)

NA PS3/PS4 -> PSN

EU/etc PS3/PS4, AND Steam worldwide -> some VIP signup on Bandai Namco EU website, resulting in code arriving via email.

edit@below:

This?
If anyone wants to take screenshots and/or play without UI overlays (e.g. the minimap), you can use this with GeDoSaTo:

injectPSHash 7b2af8b6
injectDelayAfterDraw true

Durante

This minimap is killing me in this game. Does it always have to be on the screen?
If you're on PC (I think you're on PC?) then you can use GeDoSaTo to toggle the hud. I haven't pushed the config file to git yet, but I did post it somewhere in this or the steam thread (not on the right system to repost it right now).

Voror

How do I get my character DLC? Alisha is it? I see no code in the packaging.

I'm curious about this as well. I went to PSN but didn't see it along with the other DLC. I downloaded the two free ones for skits and some items but don't see the Alisha one yet.

Synless

I'm curious about this as well. I went to PSN but didn't see it along with the other DLC. I downloaded the two free ones for skits and some items but don't see the Alisha one yet.
I had to search "Tales of Zestiria" in the store and look through all the DLC before I found it. It is there though so keep looking.

RPGCrazied

Man, tomorrow can't get here fast enough! Waited so long to play another Tales game.

This should help the wait for Xenoblade X.

Voror

I had to search "Tales of Zestiria" in the store and look through all the DLC before I found it. It is there though so keep looking.

Yes I did that but it's not there. Only seven add ons are listed:three seaside resort packs, free starter, free skits, adventurers pack, and speed run pack.

The Alisha one isn't there.

I suppose I should mention this is on PS4.

So, how does local co-op work on PC? How do I activate it?
I've already set player 1 on gamepad and player 2 on keyboard/mouse but player can't still control another character on battles. I'm still on prologue though.

Knurek

So, for someone new to 'new Tales experience' (ie, someone who only played Abyss)...

Which difficulty is the right way to go? Will hard be too hard?

Weebos

Banned
So, for someone new to 'new Tales experience' (ie, someone who only played Abyss)...

This game has systems layered on systems, I might start on Normal until you get a handle on just what is going on in the combat.

Stuart444

I've already set player 1 on gamepad and player 2 on keyboard/mouse but player can't still control another character on battles. I'm still on prologue though.

Go to artes, set other character to anything but "auto" (auto = AI)

Other player can now play.

tip: if the camera gives you issues, make sure you both target the same enemy (and stay close together). MP camera focuses on the enemy while SP camera focuses on the player.

Durante

I'm not at my PC right now, but in the olden times in Tales you had to move characters from automatic to semi-auto or manual in the tactics menu.

Hah! Still the same.

Droplet

The game finally finished downloading when I came back today and...no Japanese opening in the files. So I guess my game already patched? :/

I really wanted it. :(

Other player can now play.

tip: if the camera gives you issues, make sure you both target the same enemy (and stay close together). MP camera focuses on the enemy while SP camera focuses on the player.

I'm not at my PC right now, but in the olden times in Tales you had to move characters from automatic to semi-auto or manual in the tactics menu.

Hah! Still the same.

Alrighty, thanks!
This gonna be my first local co-op Tales experience. I hope it's good. :)

oni_saru

Just got my CE ps4 copy!!! The chara figure set are really small. I expected them to be a little bigger then THAT.

Should i watch the ova before playing or after?

You can change difficulty at any time so its not much of an issue, but I've been playing on hard and I've not found it difficult, enemies just have a lot more health. The default difficulty is really easy though, I'd at least bump it up once.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Game is running smooth on my computer. I'm not asking much of it, 1080p with all settings maxed. Can't speak for the KBM controls since I'm playing on the TV with a 360 controller.

I did have one sound problem: the characters voices weren't working. Turns out you can't select surround or that happens, so I restarted and left it in stereo.

Stuart444

Just got my CE ps4 copy!!! The chara figure set are really small. I expected them to be a little bigger then THAT.

Should i watch the ova before playing or after?

Sure, it's just the opening section. Either play the opening section (up til the Op maybe?) and then watch the OVA or vice versa. Just shows you what it's like animated lol.

Just started playing Zestiria about an hour ago, and this may be a dumb question but how do you switch your targets in a battle? I get that if you hold LT you can run freely, but i cant seem to switch targets?

Top Bottom