• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria |OT| - Sorey, Modders did what Bamcouldn't!

SaintZ

Hexen Island... those damn Aqua Skunks and Pixies jsdkjskdfjhsk, who thought those were a good idea?! The skunks can paralyze you as well. It's hell.

So the shrine bosses can be a real pain if you aren't playing as Sorey. Took me a bunch of tries to finally down the water shrine boss, and then I guess Sorey was supposed to end the fight with a special move because my attacks stopped doing damage and then Sorey died and then I wiped. Annoying because I get to do the whole fight overand I really have no idea what I'm supposed to do to finish. This is only my second shrine and I don't honestly remember the first.

Edit: tried and true cry on the internet strategy. Went back in and rocked his shit. Not sure if there was supposed to be a special move after all.

oh wow, they messed up the catalog for it. Look for the PS3 Zestiria, then in the addon section and you should see Eva for both PS3 and PS4 there.
It comes up on the store if you search for Evangelion it turns out.

Khilandros

I've been using his fix for a while and it keeps getting better and better with each update, amazed at how fast they figured out the 60fps tweak.

Now the game looks amazing and runs beautifully :)

MegaPanda

So that excuse about ruining animations was bullshit?

From one of the modders:
And I'd like to express my thanks to Kaldaien for TZFix. It really cleans up everything there is to clean up with the port. And without it, I probably wouldn't have made the 60FPS tweak, since without TZFix's general stutter improvements, it's really not an enjoyable experience (and this is probably what BANDAI Namco were talking about when they said 60 FPS wasn't practical.)

So it's more like 1/2 bullshit

MilkBeard

I'm about three hours into the game now. I have to say, I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far. The graphics, while a bit simple, look very clean and enjoyable in the PS4 version. The steady 30 helps a lot with performance. The cutscenes have been nice. The only downside so far is that the battle system seems a little bit like a step backwards from previous Tales games. It should get better with more artes and more characters, though. I'm thinking of stepping up the difficulty again because it's fairly easy so far (I'm playing at moderate, currently).

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Crazy that someone managed a mod for 60fps, gotta love PC gaming and the community.

I beat the game this weekend, but I'm still playing through the optional content and going for achievements, so there's still a lot to go through. Not to mention that new game+ will be a whole new experience.

Layell

does going to
the island place with the cameo batles
require a ng+ run, or is it tied to the crucibles that I never touched?

Edit
Ah it's the room right before the final boss, right after you beat him.. of course.

What level were you guys when you beat the dragon at Spiritcrest?
I got the item that reduces the healing factor after that dragon battle at the Basin.
. Currently playing on whatever the normal difficulty is.

Soriku

I just got the game today. Can someone please explain in layman's terms (lol) what my goal is with the skill system? What should I be aiming for, optimally?

Btw, I think the game looks really nice on PS4. Yeah it's not a ground up next gen game, but the colors are nice—and more importantly it's sharp. Not really concerned about the 30 FPS either. Too bad there's still some pop up.

yami4ct

I just got the game today. Can someone please explain in layman's terms (lol) what my goal is with the skill system? What should I be aiming for, optimally?.

I don't think there is an 'optimal' skill setup. Some give you certain resistances to status elements, some boost certain types of damage, some boost HP, some allow you to inflict certain ailments more easily. Early on, I really liked the +20% HP column skill, but that gets outclassed. Later on, I liked the BG+ skill. It all depends on what you want for your play style.

I grabbed the 60 FPS mod and boy does it make it seem more fluid/faster. Just beat the first trial. I haven't fully grasped the more advanced systems within the battles just because of the stop and go style I am playing. The armatize system makes it pretty easy to survive and rotate through the different seraphim to keep everyone alive, I just do not know the nuances of all the different activations and chaining them together.

I did a brief check and I think the first trial of Fire is roughly the half way point or maybe ~40%, does this sound about right?

I'm gonna reinstall the game and feast on that 60fps patch.

Tales of Zestiria |OT| - Sorey, I'm breaking the speed limit

Perfect.
Too bad this thread won't reach OT2 though.

I grabbed the 60 FPS mod and boy does it make it seem more fluid/faster. Just beat the first trial. I haven't fully grasped the more advanced systems within the battles just because of the stop and go style I am playing. The armatize system makes it pretty easy to survive and rotate through the different seraphim to keep everyone alive, I just do not know the nuances of all the different activations and chaining them together.

I did a brief check and I think the first trial of Fire is roughly the half way point or maybe ~40%, does this sound about right?

Yup, I'd say so.

Bladenic

I don't think there is an 'optimal' skill setup. Some give you certain resistances to status elements, some boost certain types of damage, some boost HP, some allow you to inflict certain ailments more easily. Early on, I really liked the +20% HP column skill, but that gets outclassed. Later on, I liked the BG+ skill. It all depends on what you want for your play style.

I think I saw (not that I have them) skills that cut casting time significantly which you'd totally want on your Seraphim.

yami4ct

I think I saw (not that I have them) skills that cut casting time significantly which you'd totally want on your Seraphim.

I wish I had done that on my Seraphs. By the end, I was switching equipment so often to try and get better stats that I kind of had to stop paying attention to skills so I wouldn't go insane. I really dislike the skill system overall in this. I think it gives you a ton of interesting options, but it's way too much to really grasp on and plan and the fact it relies on RNG really sucks.

Falk

that puzzling face
Oh man did Sakuraba compose this track? Beautiful theme and was pretty surprised to hear it. Does someone know the name?

rofl here we go again!

It's the same melody as the boy's choir section of Journey's End. The full 13 minute version (with vocals) plays near the end of the game.

In context, a lot of Go Shiina's stuff usually gets rearranged and/or mashed together for the soundtrack. He likes doing OST-specific cuts. Not just Zestiria-specific, either. Probably why you can't find it.

edit: Here, at this timestamp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sXut-uosys#t=5m25s

Possible endgame spoilers from the lyrics, I guess?

Top Bottom