• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria |OT| - Sorey, Modders did what Bamcouldn't!

I've had this since launch day but got side tracked by other stuff and just picked the game back up today and put 7-8 hours into it. I'm really loving the female cast so far, I hope they keep up the lawls for the rest of the game.

MilkBeard

As I play the game more, I can see how the big maps can become tiresome, having to walk across them multiple times. At the same time, I like how the maps actually feel like a real place and are connected, as opposed to having straight lines of short maps between towns like in Xillia. I suppose for the next game, perhaps they could find a sweet spot between the two, that way we still get better designed maps, but with less time spent trekking around.

Cornbread78

I feel like I'm taking waaaay too much time playing through this. I'm just getting to the part when you search for the
Pope
how much story is left from here?

Oldsql

I feel like I'm taking waaaay too much time playing through this. I'm just getting to the part when you search for the
Pope
how much story is left from here?

That should be around 40% I guess. My first playthrough was very long as well and I enjoyed looking in every corner.

That should be around 40% I guess. My first playthrough was very long as well and I enjoyed looking in every corner.
I still haven't beaten it yet tho i attempted...screw heldaf level 61 still cant beat his
armata form..i got to the last shot i needed on him and he wound up firing off that laser

Cornbread78

That's pretty much what I'm doing as well. I need to speed up m pace a little bit. I guess it would be a lot easier if I had the patience to master the item fusion to really max out their skill, but I can never find the right matches...

Oh wait, in the middle of the field there is a challange dungeon, what is the recommended level to tray and attempt to finish this horde mode style battle?

Oldsql

That's pretty much what I'm doing as well. I need to speed up m pace a little bit. I guess it would be a lot easier if I had the patience to master the item fusion to really max out their skill, but I can never find the right matches...

Oh wait, in the middle of the field there is a challange dungeon, what is the recommended level to tray and attempt to finish this horde mode style battle?

You should be able to do the them at the time you see them. It always depends on the difficulty level you play on. I did them all later down the road when I finished all the side stuff I missed

Cornbread78

You should be able to do the them at the time you see them. It always depends on the difficulty level you play on. I did them all later down the road when I finished all the side stuff I missed

Interesting, I'm playing on hard, but only got to about round 4-5. How many rounds are there per dungeon?

bobohoro

Meh, haven't touched the game for a week and TitS SC is taking up all my game time right now. Will probably rush thorugh the game on moderate during the weekend just to be done with it.

Question, spoilers for last third of the game:
I'm on my way to Tiamat, how much more is there left of the main story? And is there any missable side stuff, or can I power through to the credits and maybe come back later to clean up?

Crevox

Spell Casting Glitch (Video, Spoilers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-sJ-KnerHo

Why does this happen?

Every so often, when you cast a spell, you get stuck in the glowing animation after casting it as if you were holding the button. I guarantee you, I am not holding the button, and it happens even when you just tap the button ever so slightly. It greatly limits your ability to cast spells in succession.

This happens WAY more often than in the video if ANYTHING else going on (especially if party or enemies are also casting). It's like some kind of attempt at mitigating too many effects happening at once? It really hurts a spellcaster build and the Mistiq skill. This did not happen in any other Tales game. It's been going on for the entire game but now that I got the Mistiq skill, it's EXTREMELY obvious and destroys the potential of the skill.

Just fought Tiamat and wow....

Rising up has to be one of the most epic themes of all time. Literally gave me goosebumps it was that good. I really like Sakuraba but his Tales work seems so phoned in a lot of the time. I really hope they make Go Shiina the primary composer for the series because he had the best tracks in this and he killed it in Legendia as well. Is he coming back for Berseria?

Edna is my new waifu so far... And early game spoiler question.
I know Alisha is going to leave my party, when does it happen? I just saved the 2nd town about 8 hours in, can't remember the name. Beat the drake then went south west and killed the big plant monster and almost got her killed

Whogie

Edna is my new waifu so far... And early game spoiler question.
I know Alisha is going to leave my party, when does it happen? I just saved the 2nd town about 8 hours in, can't remember the name. Beat the drake then went south west and killed the big plant monster and almost got her killed

Very soon, and abruptly.

I still haven't beaten it yet tho i attempted...screw heldaf level 61 still cant beat his
armata form..i got to the last shot i needed on him and he wound up firing off that laser
I put that part on simple and died the next fight on purpose to up the difficulty. Fuck that fight to be honest.

So I think I'm at the last boss. Just doing side quests now. Around Level 70ish. Mopping the floor with almost everything
but man I would've loved a bit of warning before that Turtlez fight lol think I'll come back to that post game

So I think I'm at the last boss. Just doing side quests now. Around Level 70ish. Mopping the floor with almost everything
but man I would've loved a bit of warning before that Turtlez fight lol think I'll come back to that post game
That fight was idiotic worst part is I wasn't laughing when I found that out I hadn't saved in three hours

Bladenic

What I want to know is why my fucking Lailah is level 66 and still hasn't learned Lightning Blast. FUCK. I changed to a level 1 title in hopes that this will help, fuck.

Are Eizen and Turtlez beatable on the first play through? I think I've beaten most of the mutant hellions so I probably can't level up much more significantly without grinding (I'm level 64) and I'm barely getting them down to three quarters of their health before getting wiped out.

I managed Eizen at with everyone at about 66-69 without too much trouble, but the Dark Turtlez keeps wrecking my shit no matter what. Only playing on Normal though.

I managed Eizen at with everyone at about 66-69 without too much trouble, but the Dark Turtlez keeps wrecking my shit no matter what. Only playing on Normal though.

Ended up beating Dark Turtlez at level 75ish. Armatized Mikleo, Arcane bottles, and Life bottles are your best bet. You shouldn't have to use too many life bottles either, as Rose will eventually auto-revive/armatize so long as a spare seraph has HP.

squall211

Just beat the game before heading in to work today. Is it just me or is this one of the easier Tales games to come along in quite a while? I know Tales games aren't super difficult, but usually I'll get to a point where I need to do some grinding to proceed, but I never had that happen to me here.

Also, I really enjoyed this cast. This was one of the more enjoyable RPG casts to come down the pike in a while.

Are Eizen and Turtlez beatable on the first play through? I think I've beaten most of the mutant hellions so I probably can't level up much more significantly without grinding (I'm level 64) and I'm barely getting them down to three quarters of their health before getting wiped out.

I used a divide-all and I managed to defeat him at around 67/68

Oh Sony....

Oh Namco...

I accidentally deleted the game Icon on the UI on my PS4, I downloaded the Alisha Story DLC when I got the game but now when I go to the store they say I have to pay for it :\

I went to Namco site but the offer to download the DLC has expired already just my luck -_-

Anyway to reclaim my DLC again? or it's gone forever and If I want to play it I have to buy it?

I don't understand why Namco just didn't include the DLC in the game in the first place... or at less put it in the store with redeem code... why all the drama?

and Sony.... in your PS3 system all the downloadable DLCs and installed data were in separated folders, was it impossible to do the same for your new home console system?

Last question if I couldn't reclaim my DLC... is it worth it? do I really have to play it If I wanted to know the whole story of Zestiria?

Am I missing something?

Eizen was super easy...that damn turtlez tho...sigh screw him

Just came in to say this is absolutely my favorite Tales game so far. The OP is amazing, even without the vocals, a Tales game has never looked better, the writing is legitimately good and funny a lot of the time (I especially got a kick out of the one scene with the guard and the seraphim puppeteering Sorey around), the characters are likable, the battles are complex and satisfying. 15 hours in and its just a joy and one of my favorite games this year.

Criticisms: the soundtrack is mostly just okay. I don't remember too many songs. That's pretty much it.

Soriku

I'm playing on Moderate now and it's fairly easy (I'm at Marlind). Should I bump up to Hard?

Just came in to say this is absolutely my favorite Tales game so far. The OP is amazing, even without the vocals, a Tales game has never looked better, the writing is legitimately good and funny a lot of the time (I especially got a kick out of the one scene with the guard and the seraphim puppeteering Sorey around), the characters are likable, the battles are complex and satisfying. 15 hours in and its just a joy and one of my favorite games this year.

Criticisms: the soundtrack is mostly just okay. I don't remember too many songs. That's pretty much it.

But Go Shiina.
There's a lot of filler from Sakuraba yeah.

kewlmyc

Wait till you get to the trials. The music is fantastic.

Bladenic

I was kinda bummed about the battle themes all being about the same... But the 3rd one is legit great and builds enough upon the first 2 that it doesn't feel as samey.

Oceanwind

Neo Member
I finished the Alisha DLC a couple of days ago, and I really didn't enjoy it at all. The story was really boring, and Rose was incredibly unlikable and seemed a bit out of character to me. The ruins dungeon was really terrible as well. 11 floors with very large groups of enemies and narrow tunnels which messed up the camera even more than usual. The payoff at the end really wasn't worth it at all. I'm really glad I didn't actually pay any money for this, or I would have been pissed off.

The rest of the game was definitely better than this, at least, even though I didn't like it that much.

MilkBeard

I have to say that I'm really enjoying the game as well. So far, there has been a nice pace of exploration and cutscenes, with some pretty funny dialogue. I disagree with you about the music, I think it is definitely a step up compared to the last few Tales games we've had. My one gripe is that the battle system feels like a step backward in some ways.

I'm legitimately enjoying the game. I'm also playing with Japanese voices, so I wonder if that helps my enjoyment in some ways (I saw some clips of the English voices and felt they were too cheesy for my tastes).

Seems Alisha's Story is now on Steam for $9.99 / 9,99€. Though, I advise not to buy it. In console versions, at the end of the DLC, you have an option to save a clear data which let's you use Alisha's title and DLC specific costume in the main game. However, no such option is given in the Steam version.

There has been a discussion about it on the Zestiria's Steam forums:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/351970/discussions/0/496880203072159682/

Supposedly, a Steam user called Bench e-mailed Namco about it, and this was their answer:
We apologize, but we are only reporting what we were informed by the developer, which is that clearing the Alisha DLC and saving over your original Tales of Zestiria save will overwrite your main game save and erase your story progress. And, yes, we were also told that the PC version of the game does NOT ask you to save Clear Data. This is a developer decision, and we cannot comment on it, but the game is working as intended.

Here is a comparison how the Clear Screen is handled between versions. I've time stamped them, but please keep in mind that these videos, their title or comments could contain spoilers:
Console: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMuzqQnh200&t=33m25s
PC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGDXDK_3ULw&t=2h35m40s

I am now 26 hours in. I have cleared three of the trial shrines and I am around level 40 on everyone. I've enjoyed my past few hours of the game immensely as I have just been roaming around and exploring various areas an sweeping back through each of the cities for Iris Gem quests. Can someone tell me how many Iris Gems there are overall? I think I am north of 10, I wasn't expecting many more than that.

While none of the characters are amazing, none of them are stupidly annoying and they have a nice playfulness to them that I enjoy. I also like the idea that most of your party is invisible to the normal eye, so it seems like you are accomplishing these great feats with one or two people, but really there are others there helping. It kind of makes the idea of the Shepard work well in the world.

I don't think I am going to be seeking out the post-game content as I think I am going to tire of it by the end and I have no interest in grinding it out to face the extra bosses. A solid 4/5 for me so far though. It seems like a good entry JRPG to have on Steam.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I've gotten to what I assume I assume is the final dungeon and it seems like all the bad guys are huge wusses. But they're level appropriate so my own levels just keep soaring. What'st he deal with that.

I am now 26 hours in. I have cleared three of the trial shrines and I am around level 40 on everyone. I've enjoyed my past few hours of the game immensely as I have just been roaming around and exploring various areas an sweeping back through each of the cities for Iris Gem quests. Can someone tell me how many Iris Gems there are overall? I think I am north of 10, I wasn't expecting many more than that.

While none of the characters are amazing, none of them are stupidly annoying and they have a nice playfulness to them that I enjoy. I also like the idea that most of your party is invisible to the normal eye, so it seems like you are accomplishing these great feats with one or two people, but really there are others there helping. It kind of makes the idea of the Shepard work well in the world.

I don't think I am going to be seeking out the post-game content as I think I am going to tire of it by the end and I have no interest in grinding it out to face the extra bosses. A solid 4/5 for me so far though. It seems like a good entry JRPG to have on Steam.

Eventually you have to do all of them anyways.

Layell

I beat the Alisha DLC in 2 hours with the ng+

The dungeon was awful

If you didn't get it free through bamco eu don't bother please.

Durante

I played for 8 hours or so at 60 FPS today (still runs fine at 4k), and I have to say it makes an almost transformative difference. I'm not too hung up on framerate usually (unlike IQ), but between the fast-paced battle system, the art style and how the effects are handled the difference here is surprisingly huge.

It's a perfect example of how smoother framerate can not just play but also look a lot better.
(Also, the title is outdated :p)

Top Bottom