• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

I guess if I could survive playing Heavy Rain on the DS3 I can survive this... might still see if my local Gamestop has any 360 pre-orders when I swing by later...

RedStep

Gary Whitta said:
I guess if I could survive playing Heavy Rain on the DS3 I can survive this... might still see if my local Gamestop has any 360 pre-orders when I swing by later...

This thread is like a window to your psyche!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Gary Whitta said:

Or just... buy one of those third party controllers that looks like a 360 one...

Gary Whitta said:

Just flip a coin.

Despera

Banned
What's up with people shitting all over the DS3. It's better than the 360 controller.

First 15 minutes vid gave me exactly what I needed to know. Gonna love this game.

I cancelled my Xbox 360 version order this morning so that I could use the credit from Mortal Kombat. On that order I had release date delivery. I made a new order, and now I don't have the option of release day delivery. I can select $3.99 one day shipping, and the estimated arrival date is 5/19/11--that's two days after release.

Does Amazon normally take down their release date delivery guarantees right before launch? They're doing a really good job of convincing me to betray them (I still love you) and get the game at Best Buy.

Hanzou

Despera said:
What's up with people shitting all over the DS3. It's better than the 360 controller.

First 15 minutes vid gave me exactly what I needed to know. Gonna love this game.

I really don't see how anybody can say the DS3 is better than the 360 controller but some people make the DS3 a lot worse than it actually is.

TheExodu5

Banned
Hanzou said:
I really don't see how anybody can say the DS3 is better than the 360 controller but some people make the DS3 a lot worse than it actually is.

Personal preference. I prefer the DS3 for most games.

I don't really mind either though. They both have their strengths and weaknesses.

RedStep

goldsoundz said:
Does Amazon normally take down their release date delivery guarantees right before launch? They're doing a really good job of convincing me to betray them (I still love you) and get the game at Best Buy.

No. Most likely, their first shipment is sold out. They usually have Release Date Delivery up until Sunday night or so.

RedStep said:
No. Most likely, their first shipment is sold out. They usually have Release Date Delivery up until Sunday night or so.
Argh. That's so lame that you can't apply credit to an existing order. Oh well, I'll just snag it after work on Tuesday at Best Buy.

Despera said:

All personal preference, I think the DS3 is fine for sports/racing games but I dislike it for most other genres and I can't stand it for shooters.

LProtag

Someone said Amazon often puts games up for release date shipping again after taking it down?

I guess I'll preorder if it comes back up... if not I might have to go to Best Buy or something, haha.

Grisby

Despera said:

I like the DS3 but the Xbox controller just feels so much sexier.

Cept when it comes to the Dpad.

The Lamp

Just watched the first 15 minutes.
Was enough to confirm that this is exactly the kind of game I was hoping it would be.

Ordered.

The Lamp

Kintaco said:
Amazon - $15 GC
Walmart - $10 GC
Best Buy - $15GC and $10 RZ coupon
Kmart - $20 GC and free $20 game for their reward program customers.

I think that's about it, also consider the bonuses if it matters to you. I like the Best Buy savings/bonus dlc combination myself.

Do I only get this if I pre-order, or also if I buy it in store the same day?

Coldsnap

Gary Whitta said:
Feeling pretty secure about my PS3 choice here. I can live without achievements (my gamerscore is crap anyway) the only real bummer is playing without my beloved 360 controller. Man, I really do dislike the DS3... maybe I should switch back... aaaargh!

Same here, getting it on 360 despite the obvious disc and compression thing.

bengraven

This is why we have OTs. I had little information about this game except the setting and developer. I just never found myself interested in it. That said, closer to release, the TV spots helped pique my interest.

So I come here, find the OT and it's fantastically done and gives a noobie a lot of information.

So thanks!

eshwaaz

Gary Whitta said:
I am thoroughly enjoying your flip-flopping on this, as I am doing the same thing over and over in my head.

If there are no performance differences, I'll likely go with 360 as I can live the disc swaps as long as the exploration/side mission/free roam are unaffected. At least that's my feeling at this particular moment...

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Gary Whitta said:
Feeling pretty secure about my PS3 choice here. I can live without achievements (my gamerscore is crap anyway) the only real bummer is playing without my beloved 360 controller. Man, I really do dislike the DS3... maybe I should switch back... aaaargh!

lol, man, just get the 360 version. If you prefer the 360 controller then that should take precedent over any of the PS3 bonuses.

Dyno

Gary Whitta said:

No no dude by all means, bask in those three discs. You know you want to.

You could set them up to reflect the sunlight and give you an all-over tan.

Hypereides

Gold Member
Those 15 minutes are very impressive. If its a peak of the upcoming detective gameplay then Im really fucking forward to the harder cases. Looks like Team Bondi will be redeemed after this, thinking about the Getaway fiascos.

Eric WK

I've never seen release date shipping end this early. Kind of a bummer, but I guess I can just head to Best Buy when they open and get the game a few hours earlier anyway.

highluxury said:
Those 15 minutes are very impressive. If its a peak of the upcoming detective gameplay then Im really fucking forward to the harder cases. Looks like Team Bondi will be redeemed after this, thinking about the Getaway fiascos.

Heh.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Eric WK said:
I've never seen release date shipping end this early. Kind of a bummer, but I guess I can just head to Best Buy when they open and get the game a few hours earlier anyway.

I don't know if I've ever seen it...? Perhaps they underestimated the interest in this game?

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
People are waiting until the second to last business day before release and complaining that they can't get release day shipping?

Interfectum

highluxury said:

I guess I'm one of the few that really liked the original Getaway.

timmy01

Neo Member
Plasmid said:
Last night I had release date delivery from amazon. Did they change it?
look in your order. It will say your estimated arrival date. Mine still says May 17. As others are saying, it just means Amazon has sold out of their first shipment. So any orders placed NOW will not get release date.

and yeah, it's rare for Amazon to run out of a first shipment like this. I suppose there is a chance this is selling massively. But more than likely it's just selling really great and amazon under-ordered it's first shipment by a bit.

Eric WK

shantyman said:
People are waiting until the second to last business day before release and complaining that they can't get release day shipping?

It's always been available through Sunday at least, so there was no reason to expect there to be an issue.

Plasmid

timmy01 said:
look in your order. It will say your estimated arrival date. Mine still says May 17. As others are saying, it just means Amazon has sold out of their first shipment. So any orders placed NOW will not get release date.

and yeah, it's rare for Amazon to run out of a first shipment like this. I suppose there is a chance this is selling massively. But more than likely it's just selling really great and amazon under-ordered it's first shipment by a bit.
Ahh I'm happy then.

Top Bottom