• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

Apparently you can scale down and turn off the 'clue indicators' and go sans assistance into the crime scenes. Def doing this on my first playthrough to get maximum Noire

RankoSD

DevelopmentArrested said:
I watched the vid yesterday and forgot but... it looks like you are automatically transported to the next scene when you get in your car right? (you dont drive there yourself)
You can choose, let your partner take you to the scene (skip the driving) or drive yourself (I think you can still choose if you want to skip it).

RankoSD said:
You can choose, let your partner take you to the scene (skip the driving) or drive yourself (I think you can still choose if you want to skip it).
thanks

toronto people - check out local wal-marts and flea markets for game tonight.

the video's down again.. rockstar really pulling out all the punches to embargo everything about the game.

I watched the vid yesterday and forgot but... it looks like you are automatically transported to the next scene when you get in your car right? (you dont drive there yourself)

It looked like he pulled out his notebook once in the car and clicked 'Current Destination', and auto-transported there. I'd assume you can manually drive there as well, but I have no idea if this is actually the case or not.

edit: already answered by someone who knows lol

Gorgon said:
More and more I come to the conclusion that these reviewers are incompetent fucks who don't even understand the difference between free-roaming and sandbox.

Seriously, there is a clear difference between a linear game, a game set in an open world, and an open world sandbox game. Anyone saying stuff like "They've done away with free roaming..." will give the wrong impression to someone who has no idea that the world isn't linear.

Gacha-pin

the video's down again.. rockstar really pulling out all the punches to embargo everything about the game.

not sure but press △ to a driver seat and hold △ to a passenger seat.

Sethos

Banned
Okay, also put in an order for the PS3 version - Then I got both ordered just in case, then I can always cancel one of them =P

graywolf323

BurritoBushido said:
This actually makes a lot of sense. Still getting 360, I doubt the differences will be significant other than disc swapping.

disc swapping alone would be enough for me to get the PS3 version

I love Amazon

Subtotal of Items: $59.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$20.00 (Portal 2 pre-order!)
Game Credit Applied: -$0.00
------
Total: $39.99
Gift Cards: -$28.00 (Portal 2 trade in!)
------
Total for this Order: $11.99

(*sigh*)
Delivery estimate: May 20, 2011

Feeling pretty secure about my PS3 choice here. I can live without achievements (my gamerscore is crap anyway) the only real bummer is playing without my beloved 360 controller. Man, I really do dislike the DS3... maybe I should switch back... aaaargh!

RisingZan

Neo Member
Gary Whitta said:
Feeling pretty secure about my PS3 choice here. I can live without achievements (my gamerscore is crap anyway) the only real bummer is playing without my beloved 360 controller. Man, I really do dislike the DS3... maybe I should switch back... aaaargh!

This. So hard. I really want to use my 360 controller.

Oni Jazar

Gary Whitta said:

RisingZan said:

Get the best of both worlds:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001O89YTU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

CyReN

BurritoBushido said:
I love Amazon

Subtotal of Items: $59.99
Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$20.00 (Portal 2 pre-order!)
Game Credit Applied: -$0.00
------
Total: $39.99
Gift Cards: -$28.00 (Portal 2 trade in!)
------
Total for this Order: $11.99

(*sigh*)
Delivery estimate: May 20, 2011

Not bad..

Item(s) Subtotal: $59.99
Promotion Applied: -$5.00
Promotion Applied: -$5.00
Promotion Applied: -$20.00
Promotion Applied: -$10.00
-----
Total Before Tax: $19.99
Estimated Tax To Be Collected: $0.00
Gift Certificate/Card Amount: $19.99
-----
Grand Total: $0.00

Tuesday can't come soon enough, thankfully Fallout New Vegas dlc comes out so i can kill time until UPS comes.

Gary Whitta said:

I've got the same problem which is why I went the 360 route. I just feel like the 360 controller is perfect for me and that the ps3 controller always feels a little bit off.

Got release date delivery for this for the 360 for Amazon. $30 after my promotional credit.

Hopefully there's no glaring port issues for the 360 but I dont expect there to be since it's usually an easier process porting from PS3 -> 360

cackhyena

TheLegendary said:
Got release date delivery for this for the 360 for Amazon. $30 after my promotional credit.

Hopefully there's no glaring port issues for the 360 but I dont expect there to be since it's usually an easier process porting from PS3 -> 360
So, recently? It's available again?

Gary Whitta said:
Wired? No thanks.

Starting to seriously wonder if I should switch back to 360 based on controller preference. Getting up a couple of times to swap discs is nothing to compared to the whole experience of playing on a preferable controller.

Do it! Play on the comfy side.

jergrah

Hollywood Duo said:
Any word on a track listing for the classic tunes in the game?

Here you go -- http://www.rockstargames.com/lanoire/features/soundtrack

They just updated that today. Pretty much all of the info about the original soundtrack on there with lots of info. The soundtrack is all original score and recording stuff - but lots of other classic tracks will be in game --

In addition to L.A Noire's score and original torch songs, you will hear licensed classics from the era including timeless standards, big band tunes, and chic jazz recordings that helped define the genre. Over thirty songs from artists like Billie Holiday, Dizzy Gillespie, Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong, Thelonius Monk, and many more can be heard as Detective Cole Phelps works to tame the criminal elements of 1940's Los Angeles.

jergrah said:
Here you go -- http://www.rockstargames.com/lanoire/features/soundtrack

They just updated that today. Pretty much all of the info about the original soundtrack on there with lots of info. The soundtrack is all original score and recording stuff - but lots of other classic tracks will be in game --

In addition to L.A Noire's score and original torch songs, you will hear licensed classics from the era including timeless standards, big band tunes, and chic jazz recordings that helped define the genre. Over thirty songs from artists like Billie Holiday, Dizzy Gillespie, Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong, Thelonius Monk, and many more can be heard as Detective Cole Phelps works to tame the criminal elements of 1940's Los Angeles.
Thanks!

The Lamp

RisingZan said:

It's the opposite for me. I can't bring myself to use the 360 controller unless it's playing an exclusive for that system that I can't play on PC/PS3.

Those face buttons! Those obnoxious, bubbly face buttons! Oh gosh, the horror!!

Moatman

The hype has pushed me to the buying point but Amazon is tempering that... I have a $20 credit so it's my first choice, I loaded the ps3 version on amazon and it says it has the "release day shipping" until I login to my amazon account...then it no longer lists it. Wonder if this is just a display bug or they only let some people get the release day shipping.

cackhyena

I've already put in a complaint to Amazon saying it's most likely driving away sales with all the other incentives other places are offering. I'm sure they'll totally listen to me.

cackhyena said:
I've already put in a complaint to Amazon saying it's most likely driving away sales with all the other incentives other places are offering. I'm sure they'll totally listen to me.

It's a good point though, free release date shipping was pretty much all they had going for them. Well that and the $15 coupon.

Dammit - why wouldn't they still have release-day delivery? I assumed they wouldn't have shipped it yet anyway so no big deal that I had waited until today. I guess with that kind of volume they may have started preparing RDD's and it's too late to "guarantee" more?

Anywhere else I can get this on release without paying the full $60 (including credits for future purchases, which I count as real money), or am I boned?

Ferrio

Banned
So anything like GTA? I remember buying Red Dead thinking it was different... just was just GTA without radio stations. I really don't want another mission based sandbox game.

Gary Whitta said:

Suck it up women, id keep the ps3 preorder mate. Ds3 isnt too bad you will forget about it if the game is as good as expected.

Ferrio said:
So anything like GTA? I remember buying Red Dead thinking it was different... just was just GTA without radio stations. I really don't want another mission based sandbox game.

From all accounts so far - nothing like GTA actually, except for the fact that it's sort of open world and sort of has the same shooting system.

Gorgon

LyleLanley said:
Man, I'm really digging these songs. Looks like rockstar Team Bondi put together another [a] good soundtrack.

Just sayin.

Ferrio said:

Then you'll be happy: it's mission based, free-roaming, but it's not sandbox.

Top Bottom