• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

Dabanton said:
Nothing big. Just a note or something about being careful about spoilers.

Even more important seeing as the US gets this game a few days before europe.

Spoiler consideration / request / guidelines have been added to the OP.

Please, everyone read the new section in Post 1 and follow them :)

Oni Jazar

Game Analyst said:
Does anyone know why Gamefly has stopped renting the PS3 version but continues to rent the 360 version?

Whoa... that's very weird. I've had both on my queue forever and it's showing me that PS3 is not rentable. ????

pykBS.jpg

jgminto

That 15 minute video is such a tease. Just as it starts getting good it ends. Now I want to watch more but I know I can't. This is definately going to be a very cinematic experience.

Chaplain

Oni Jazar said:
Whoa... that's very weird. I've had both on my queue forever and it's showing me that PS3 is not rentable. ????

pykBS.jpg

I have a feeling this is the beginning of game companies not allowing Gamefly to rent games anymore.

JoeBoy101

Just saw the 15 minute video and yeah, game looks fucking TIGHT! Also, the video is pretty harmless spoiler wise. It gives a good taste of what to expect though, so I recommend watching it. Ended up liking Cole more that I thought.

ummo said:
so, no sub-hd port this time, RDR2 by team bondi please.

More like Rockstar needs to lead on PS3, and port over to the 360.

Also if they're willing to do 3 discs with LA Noire, I don't want to hear disc space as an excuse for the next GTA.

jdmonmou

I hope PSN network is up by Tuesday. I want to play the entire game while connected to my social club account and be able to download all the DLC missions before I start playing the game.

Solo

ummo said:
so, no sub-hd port this time, RDR2 by team bondi please.

Oh hell no. I want each every every last wonderful person at San Diego who worked on Redemption back for Red Dead 3.

cackhyena

Ugh, why did they take out release date delivery on Amazon? This is happening more frequently with games for reasons I can't understand. They always put it back up at the last minute as well.

cackhyena said:
Ugh, why did they take out release date delivery on Amazon? This is happening more frequently with games for reasons I can't understand. They always put it back up at the last minute as well.

Arghhh
I was holding off hoping to get an early copy locally, but it doesn't seem like it's going to pan out :/ Amazon was my backup

Good to know that the PS3 version should be up to spec with the 360 version. That was pretty much my last sticking point for me to get it on PS3 (other than, you know, PSN being down) so I think I will go ahead and pick it up on dat Triple.

Sethos

Banned
Really, really hope Lens of Truth of someone else does a head-2-head comparison before launch. Really want the 360 version as I hate the PS3 controller with a passion but on the other hand, I'm a big whore for graphics and framerates.

Saw this on Facebook via Twitter, the Kmart Gamer?

My internet is down so I will post the LA Noire deal and link to the blog tomorrow. If you are a Shop Your Way Reward Member you will receive a $20 gaming coupon with purchase of LA Noire and also be able go get any $19.99 and under game for free!

Kintaco said:
I hope you have a sixaxis then, you'll need a controller of some sort I think, I don't have a source though.

Yeah. I have the SIXAXIS that came with my 40 (now 320) GB PS3. I'm just wondering of the lack if vibration is going to screw me in the investigations.

Reknoc

PS3 for me, think I dislike disc swapping more than I dislike the DS3.

Watching the first 15min thing now. Seriously reminded of Shenmue when the dude picks something up and twists his wrist around.

sw33tclyde said:
So the general consensus is that Gamestop has the best DLC right?

Yes. Especially if you pre-ordered with a Power Up Card in or prior to April for the Chicago Piano gun.

To maximize your "bonus" (sigh) content you would have pre-ordered from Gamestop in or before April and selected the PS3 version.

Lame, but... this is 2011.

Kintaco

Gooster said:
Yeah. I have the SIXAXIS that came with my 40 (now 320) GB PS3. I'm just wondering of the lack if vibration is going to screw me in the investigations.
Some would say that it's better that way.

Kintaco

Reknoc said:
PS3 for me, think I dislike disc swapping more than I dislike the DS3.

Watching the first 15min thing now. Seriously reminded of Shenmue when the dude picks something up and twists his wrist around.
Well I would argue that Best Buy is just as good, if you go to the midnight launch. You get the sharpshooter suit, and a DLC case. Plus $15 GC and a $10 RZ coupon (GC).

Even still after watching those 15 minutes I'm not sure what the whole game will be like.

I think I'll have to wait until the reviews and until Giant Bomb's Quick Look of the game next week.

The game comes out Friday in the UK so I have enough time from when the reviews and the Quick Look go up until it gets released to make my mind up.

Sethos

Banned
The game looks so incredibly good. The atmosphere and the faces just capture me immediately! It's amazing how much believable characters does for a game.

Sethos said:
The game looks so incredibly good. The atmosphere and the faces just capture me immediately! It's amazing how much believable characters does for a game.

Which is why Enslaved was so awesome, coupled with the incredible world.

Chairhome

Kintaco said:
Well I would argue that Best Buy is just as good, if you go to the midnight launch. You get the sharpshooter suit, and a DLC case. Plus $15 GC and a $10 RZ coupon (GC).
I'd argue that this is the better deal since all the DLC cases are supposed to be purchaseable (is that a word?) in the future, and you could use the GCs to buy points to buy the cases.

graywolf323

Kintaco said:

yes but a LOT of Best Buy's locations aren't doing a midnight launch

TheExodu5

Banned
I should not have watched the 15 minute video. My expectations for this game were really low...and after watching that, my hype is going through the roof. Now I can't go anywhere but down. :(

edit: except for that fist fight...that was a little silly.

the video's down again.. rockstar really pulling out all the punches to embargo everything about the game.

I watched the vid yesterday and forgot but... it looks like you are automatically transported to the next scene when you get in your car right? (you dont drive there yourself)

Gorgon

LA Noire largely does away with the free-roaming that enhanced the appeal of Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption. As you drive around, you do occasionally hear of street crimes to which you can respond, and there are hidden vehicles and LA landmarks that completists can collect and visit, but the overwhelming focus is on the main story

More and more I come to the conclusion that these reviewers are incompetent fucks who don't even understand the difference between free-roaming and sandbox.

Top Bottom