• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

GrayFoxPL

iNvidious01 said:
you could always go down to the store and pick it up on in the morning of release

In long coat, scarf and a detective hat covering whole face. Just to look right for the occasion.

Angry Fork

dreamfall said:
Shit, these days are hard to get through- losing sleep in anticipation! The main theme is fucking incredible off the soundtrack.
I used to play the original teaser from 2005 over and over just to hear the little bit of music in it. So glad that the theme has been released and I can't wait for the game. The music just sounds so perfect for what this kind of game should be.

Edit - I just realized, I'm not sure if this has been asked before but does this game feature other weather environments like rain and stuff? I know it might seem odd to ask that considering it's a normal feature now but you never know. If there's no nighttime rain that'll be disappointing. What about radio stations in normal cars etc. stuff like that?

Interfectum said:
I guess I'm one of the few that really liked the original Getaway.

For the story and the characters and for the amazing atmosphere, yeah, I'm totally with you. It's just a shame it played like shit.

The sequel still played like shit and it didn't have any of that other good stuff that made the original a flawed gem.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Amir0x said:
*swoon*

Oh god this game is going to be rad. Amazing tracks so far

I got to agree here, the music is so damn awesome. I want this game to come out now :(

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
CrazyDude said:
I want to know the length of the game. If it is somewhere along the lines of RDR I will be happy.

25-30 hours for the campaign, what has been said in the past :)

dreamfall

Angry Fork said:
I used to play the original teaser from 2005 over and over just to hear the little bit of music in it. So glad that the theme has been released and I can't wait for the game. The music just sounds so perfect for what this kind of game should be.

Yes! This teaser, right?! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eEtRIMpTHw&feature=related

I just remember three years ago, playing it over and over after ripping it to my hard drive. I swear a lot of growing up has happened since then, but whenever Rockstar has their fingerprints on a game, I conjure up the same feeling I had when experiencing GTA III for the first time. And it devolves into pure gaming bliss!

And even this generation of gaming, I still play GTA IV a couple times a week just to drive around the city, and enjoy its atmosphere. I'm very excited to drive around L.A. in a sharp suit, with Billie Holiday blaring out the speakers!

CrazyDude

ZombieFred said:
25-30 hours for the campaign, what has been said in the past :)
Is that what they said with RDR too? Usually the developers like to stretch the numbers. Either way I am still buying the game.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Amir0x said:
Who spouted this 'figure'?

A Rockstar representative has revealed that it will take players between 25-30 hours to complete the main story in Team Bondi's upcoming LA Noire.

The numbers were revealed during a closed-door demonstration for press at PAX East, which wrapped up yesterday.

Rockstar said this

They are normally right on the spot when they say how long it takes when finishing the campaign. It's going to be good :)

Amir0x

Banned
ZombieFred said:
Rockstar said this

They are normally right on the spot when they say how long it takes when finishing the campaign. It's going to be good :)

From my experience, i've never had a right estimate from Rockstar or anyone else. Usually whatever estimate a dev/publisher gives I can lop ten hours right off the top.

Anyway, if it IS good I hope it's meaty. Because when else are we going to have the opportunity to play a game quite like this? The breadth of investigative options looks amazing.

Sethos

Banned
Amir0x said:
From my experience, i've never had a right estimate from Rockstar or anyone else. Usually whatever estimate a dev/publisher gives I can lop ten hours right off the top.

Anyway, if it IS good I hope it's meaty. Because when else are we going to have the opportunity to play a game quite like this? The breadth of investigative options looks amazing.

3 Discs, 'nuff said =P

Kintaco

InsertNameHere said:
Anyone know if you preorder it online from Best Buy for in-store pickup if you can go to the midnight release?
That's my worry there, but I already pre-ordered it from Best Buy and I plan on attending the midnight launch. Worst case scenario I'll have to return a copy back to Best Buy.

Amir0x said:

If this game turns out as good as I expect it to, I would hope that rockstar / team bondi would put the work in to make a bunch of downloadable missions or stories.

LProtag

Kintaco said:
That's my worry there, but I already pre-ordered it from Best Buy and I plan on attending the midnight launch. Worst case scenario I'll have to return a copy back to Best Buy.

I guess I'll call them if I decide to get it from Best Buy.

Sethos

Banned
This is one of the very, very games where I welcome DLC. Imagine that, a meaty game to get through and then they add some exciting cases on top for you to solve as we go along, never have DLC been so welcome.

Fjordson

jergrah said:
Here you go -- http://www.rockstargames.com/lanoire/features/soundtrack

They just updated that today. Pretty much all of the info about the original soundtrack on there with lots of info. The soundtrack is all original score and recording stuff - but lots of other classic tracks will be in game --

In addition to L.A Noire's score and original torch songs, you will hear licensed classics from the era including timeless standards, big band tunes, and chic jazz recordings that helped define the genre. Over thirty songs from artists like Billie Holiday, Dizzy Gillespie, Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong, Thelonius Monk, and many more can be heard as Detective Cole Phelps works to tame the criminal elements of 1940's Los Angeles.
Nice. The songs from the OST proper sound great. Perfectly captures the atmosphere they're going for. Think I might have to actually pick it up on iTunes if it's all this good.

Amir0x

Banned
Sethos said:
This is one of the very, very games where I welcome DLC. Imagine that, a meaty game to get through and then they add some exciting cases on top for you to solve as we go along, never have DLC been so welcome.

Any opportunity to flex my investigative mind in steamy back alleys and run down coffee shops <:D

Biggzy

LyleLanley said:
If this game turns out as good as I expect it to, I would hope that rockstar / team bondi would put the work in to make a bunch of downloadable missions or stories.

No doubt they are already being developed. What people have to realise is that DLC is planed months even years in advance.

Biggzy said:
No doubt they are already being developed. What people have to realise is that DLC is planed months even years in advance.

And they've already said a 'two desks' worth of content was cut, which will undoubtedly appear as DLC.

"We've got two full desks - burglary and bunko - that never made it into the game, so we've been thinking [about] those and whether we'll do them."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/301027/news/la-noires-cut-content-coming-as-dlc/

Stampy

More than voice acting and facial animation, the music and subtle notes in the first 15 minutes really sells me the game. Too bad for the clunky combat.

I hope that there will be more ways to investigating places and objects, rather than just being prompted to press x while walking to start an animation or just rotate object(s) in your hand. But nonetheless my hopes are high.

Grisby

CrazyDude said:
How many cop games are there anyways?

w7TxN.png

Well, one of my favorites anyway.

Oh and, the Condemned series. Both had crime scene forensics.

bonesmccoy said:
If LA Noire can even give me one PQ moment, I'll be a happy man. I loved the crime scene investigations in PQ 1 through 4. Such a good time.

That's really all I'm looking for too. It's been too long, Sonny.

LOL out people bringing down the 360 version because of disks. It's such a big burden to get off your ass and swap 2 times through the course of the ENTIRE game. If it was like Star Ocean where you had to swap to go back to planets for side quests, yes, that blew. They already confirmed that you'll never have to swap back to previous disks during the course of your game.

The 360 version will be just fine people, if you want to get it because you prefer the controller/live over psn/cheeves over trophies, then go for it. I'm getting the 360 version with full confidence.

Sethos

Banned
Grisby said:
w7TxN.png

Well, one of my favorites anyway.

Oh and, the Condemned series. Both had crime scene forensics.

Never understood that, Swat 4 was so bad compared to the epic pile of sex that was Swat 3 ... Guess that's just me :(

Chesskid1

Banned
it's not only the 3 disks, the ps3 version has an exclusive case (while 360 has a uniform iirc) + ps3 is lead platform. the exclusive case is swaying alot of ppl.

MK9 outsold on ps3 cause of kratos, right?

Sullen

Chesskid1 said:
it's not only the 3 disks, the ps3 version has an exclusive case (while 360 has a uniform iirc) + ps3 is lead platform. the exclusive case is swaying alot of ppl.

Why would a case sway people? People have some serious issues.

Amir0x

Banned
Chesskid1 said:

plus the PS3 is the lead platform - likely there will be some technical bonuses as well. The PS3 version has an exclusive case?

Sullen said:
Why would a case sway people? People have some serious issues.

Why would MORE gameplay content sway people?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. I wonder why more content to PLAY with in your videogame that you PLAY would sway people.

DeepThinker.gif

Sethos

Banned
Chesskid1 said:

360 has exclusive cases too, varies depending on country / retailer.

Shurs

Amir0x said:
Why would MORE gameplay content sway people?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. I wonder why more content to PLAY with in your videogame that you PLAY would sway people.

DeepThinker.gif

Maybe he thought the exclusive case was a slipcase.

Top Bottom