• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

StuBurns

Banned
AEREC said:
Is this 100% confirmed somewhere? I keep hearing it but Ive never seen any proof and the game looks like it's using RAGE (aside from the faces).
Now you ask, I'm not sure, I disagree it looks like a RAGE game, but I don't know it's not.

aristotle

Picking this up day 1. I finally figured out what makes most of these characters look stupid though. Eyebrows (or the lack thereof). No wonder I think the facial stuff looks goofy as hell.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Great thread, Raptor.

This game is very promising. I really want to play it but with money being tight and TW2 out on the same day, it may be a month or two before I can have a chance. :(

tc farks

This better be the greatest game of all time.

Seriously though, hype still strong on day 1 purchase, despite not being the richest of men.

Zoibie

I can't wait for this game, I've been staying away from the trailers for a couple of months. Does anyone know when the reviews will hit? R* are usually embargoed up till launch aren't they?

Grisby

Forgot to say good thread TC, not too overdone, :D.

I was sad about ot bering able to play the Witcher 2 but damn if LA Noire isn't going to be in my 360 come tuesday.

Tiktaalik

The images in the OP are obscenely large.

edit: Aside from the concerns of laptop users, even those who are reading on a large desktop monitor shouldn't have to fullscreen the window to read a forum post.

Teknoman

Got a few gift cards waiting for this. I havent been disappointed by any of Rockstar's free roam action titles this generation, so i'm hoping this will continue the trend.

ascully

Really looking forward to this but hoping the freeroam is not like it was in Mafia 2, ots of places to go but nothing to do.

Will this work without PSN? I don't want to need an update or something after it installs, and 3-discs is something I'd like to avoid if at all possible.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
After falling for the hypetrain for GTA 4 and RDR, I'm going for a wait and see approach for LA Noire.

Also, I'm disappointed that Rockstar made the game in color instead of black & white to match the film noir atmosphere.

I am definitely getting this one :) Shame it's coming out on the same day as The Witcher 2... I'm getting both but I hate having attention split like that.

richiek said:
After falling for the hypetrain for GTA 4 and RDR, I'm going for a wait and see approach for LA Noire.

Also, I'm disappointed that Rockstar made the game in color instead of black & white to match the film noir atmosphere.

Rockstar didn't make this game.
Totally different developers from GTA and RDR. Rockstar is PUBLISHING.

Level complaints/etc. at Team Bondi.

Darkgran

MuseManMike said:
Great OT.

Still waiting for reviews before going through with my purchase.

I think I am going to wait for impressions here before I purchase. I really don't trust reviewers on Rockstar games.

GrayFoxPL

timetokill said:
Rockstar didn't make this game.
Totally different developers from GTA and RDR. Rockstar is PUBLISHING.

Level complaints/etc. at Team Bondi.

Which is why I'm really interested in this. I was disappointed in rockstar games for years.

I don't get the RDR hate! it is probably my favorite game this generation! I really enjoy period games and this looks like its right up my alley.

JetBlackPanda said:
I don't get the RDR hate! it is probably my favorite game this generation! I really enjoy period games and this looks like its right up my alley.

I loved RDR as well. It was one of the only games that gave me a genuine emotional reaction. Loved the hell out of it.

ToyBroker

Banned
Great OP.

But you think you'd emphasize that the PS3 has exclusive content more than just a small blurb in the FAQ. I'd say that's pretty important.

Pre-ordered from Buy.com when it was $45! Seriously cannot wait for this game, one of my most anticipated this year.

Edit:

Also, nice job on the OP! Especially for your first OP ever.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Cautiously optimistic. Game looks nice, but it seems very experimental. I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around how a heavily procedural, linear game meshes with an open-world setting. I just don't see the benefit of the game being open world, at all. With the game split into distinct cases and chapters, couldn't Team Bondi have created a higher quality, more controlled setting by creating distinct sets, instead of an open-world city?

Gives me vibes of Mafia II... cool city, with (potentially) nothing to do in it.

Also, Rockstar has a pedigree, but they're only publishing. Lots of people seem to overlook this, or be confused by it. The actual developer has no track record.

Anyway, I'm not down on LA Noire... it looks very nice. It's just one that I'm def. going to wait on the reviews for, before diving in.

Excellent (first) OT!

Anyway, I'll be renting LA Noire from Gamefly. I didn't really like Red Dead Redemption (felt it completely fell apart in
Mexico
).

I'm cautiously optimistic for this title, looks a different from RDR and a little from GTAIV.

StuBurns

Banned
ToyBroker said:
Great OP.

But you think you'd emphasize that the PS3 has exclusive content more than just a small blurb in the FAQ. I'd say that's pretty important.
If it's anything like the scope of the exclusive RDR content, it's not very important.

I honestly didn't realise this wasn't a Rockstar developed game. o_O

That's interesting. With a Rockstar game you kinda know what you getting, this has just become a bit more of an unknown for me now.

Foliorum Viridum said:

That's interesting. With a Rockstar game you kinda know what you getting, this has just become a bit more of an unknown for me now.

from the videos I have seen you can tell R* has guided the product to its final stage, I also don't think R* would plaster there logo all over the game if they didn't do much or thought it was not good.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Foliorum Viridum said:

Rockstar's doing more than people think. I guess people hate giving them credit? Just like RDR was far from JUST San Diego.

JetBlackPanda said:
from the videos I have seen you can tell R* has guided the product to its final stage, I also don't think R* would plaster there logo all over the game if they didn't do much or thought it was not good.

zoner said:
Rockstar's doing more than people think. I guess people hate giving them credit? Just like RDR was far from JUST San Diego.

Yeah, it does look very Rockstar-ish, which is why I was surprised it wasn't an in-house thing.

Looking at wiki this is Team Bondi's first game then? If it lives up to the hype I can see them working with Rockstar again.

ToyBroker

Banned
StuBurns said:
If it's anything like the scope of the exclusive RDR content, it's not very important.

Different dev...but still.

Although I don't even remember what the exclusive RDR PS3 stuff was.

Its Rockstar so I'm interested, but I'm hesitant because I'm not sure how this game really plays or whether the 360 or PS3 version is the one to get.

Are there any in depth previews out there yet? Otherwise I guess its wiser just to bide my time and wait on reviews.

GrayFoxPL

Anyone else bummed that you don't get to play as bad guys? Serial rapist or something?

It would be all about mgs or splinter cell mechanic but with more dick, I mean kick.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
ToyBroker said:

Go grab a stagewagon and take it to town without dying. that was it.

...And exclusive less foliage.

shwimpy

Foliorum Viridum said:
Looking at wiki this is Team Bondi's first game then? If it lives up to the hype I can see them working with Rockstar again.
The main core of the team worked on the Getaway series before breaking away from Sony's Team Soho.

Solo

Red Dead Redemption is my GOTG (playing through it for the second time now, and the first since it released last summer, and god damn, it is just as incredible as it was on my initial playthrough). I don't expect LA Noire to live up to that kind of achievement, but it is quite possible that two straight Rockstar published games might be two of the best of the generation.

Got damn.

Luigi87

zoner said:
Go grab a stagewagon and take it to town without dying. that was it.

...And exclusive less foliage.

Plants are for hippies, and RDR was about being a man!

Anywho, never really looked into L.A. Noire before, despite so many people hyping it... Read the OP, now... kinda want to pre-order...

StuBurns

Banned
ToyBroker said:

But it's the same publisher, and it's a publisher's call in regards to things like exclusives I imagine.

Top Bottom