• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

shwimpy said:
The main core of the team worked on the Getaway series before breaking away from Sony's Team Soho.
The Getaway?

Stop trying to kill my hype! :p

In all seriousness, I did like the ambition of that game, which is clearly evident here, but damn it was bad. Baddd.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
I've had this pre-ordered since it went up on Amazon, definitely looking forward to it.

That being said, I'm kinda scared to blind-buy it without reading reviews/impressions first, because I'm hoping, like others have mentioned, that the focus is on detective work and not on gunplay. I can live with some shooting, but please please please be packed with actual detective work!

Diseased Yak said:
I've had this pre-ordered since it went up on Amazon, definitely looking forward to it.

That being said, I'm kinda scared to blind-buy it without reading reviews/impressions first, because I'm hoping, like others have mentioned, that the focus is on detective work and not on gunplay. I can live with some shooting, but please please please be packed with actual detective work!

this release feels a lot like GTA 4 to me, not much information aside from a few videos and trailers cut from gameplay..

I still think its going to blow people away.

DryvBy

We need to quit calling these "OT". They need to be called "HT", for Hype Train. This game has me all jelly inside.

DrBo42

Diseased Yak said:

You have to remember that this game needs to sell. There's going to be a fair amount of gunplay and most likely an unfavorable amount of hand-holding in the detective work. Casuals, bro.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Gary Whitta said:
Pondering which pre-order bonus to get... any recommendations?
Gamestop gets a case and a gun(if you've got the little membership thing)
Amazon has a suit and 15 credit.

I'd go with either of those

ToyBroker said:
Great OP.

But you think you'd emphasize that the PS3 has exclusive content more than just a small blurb in the FAQ. I'd say that's pretty important.

It's a single traffic case. I can't see it being a big deal - and, right now, you wouldn't be able to download it anyway...

I KEED. But it's not a big deal. He made just the right amount of fuss.

keyrat

A lot of people like to say it's developed solely by Team Bondi, but if you look at descriptions, Rockstar is listed as publisher and co-developer.

Kung Fu Grip said:
None. Don't support that crap.
Nonsense. Why not? If I want to buy from Amazon (no tax, free shipping) and I want it day 1 (which I do) it makes perfect sense to me. I get free stuff (discount, weapon/suit) for something I was going to order before day 1 anyway.

In fact I think I just talked myself into getting the amazon version.

grkazan12

Ugh still contemplating on which version to get, if this is considered a derail then forget it but what version are y'all getting?

Plissken

Has anyone read the short stories they put up at the official site? I wouldn't mind getting some extra back story, but want to avoid any main story spoilers.

Absinthe

Great OP for a great game.

Gary Whitta said:
Nonsense. Why not? If I want to buy from Amazon (no tax, free shipping) and I want it day 1 (which I do) it makes perfect sense to me. I get free stuff (discount, weapon/suit) for something I was going to order before day 1 anyway.

Well now you've convince me too.

Thanks Gary

DangerStepp

I can NOT believe that we're this close already. Jeeeeez.

Between this and The Witcher 2 I'm going to be mentally unavailable for a while...

Azar said:
Must-watch film noir:

The Maltese Falcon
The Big Sleep
Double Indemnity
Touch of Evil
Laura

Neo-noir:
Chinatown
L.A. Confidential

I would also add Hollywoodland, The Black Dahlia, Blade Runner and Who Framed Roger Rabbit? to the list

Anticitizen One said:
I would also add Hollywoodland, The Black Dahlia, Blade Runner and Who Framed Roger Rabbit? to the list

Really? I thought that film was awful :(

Loved LA Confidential, went into it all excited, and felt super let down.

Gary Whitta said:

I don't know. I just think all POB's should be available no matter you by a game. The person shouldn't have to choose which store to buy it from.

But whatever. It seems like your going with the amazon version. Good deal i guess.

RedStep

Gary Whitta said:
Pondering which pre-order bonus to get... any recommendations?

I'm going for GameStop's because it seems the most substantial. It has a Vice case and some sort of badge challenge/hunt. Also, The Naked City sounds like it has some extra nudity, and I can't help but support that.

The other cases (Wal-Mart's and PS3) are Traffic cases, which seem like they'd be a little less involved. Amazon's and Best Buy's are just outfits/pistols, which don't do much for me. One comes free when you link to the Social Club, so I'll already have an extra if mine gets dirty.

Aspiring

Great OT! Looks amazing. Just one thing though, you say IRS release date in Australia is 19 may, but eb games say it's the 20th. Can't wait though shit gonna be amazing!

RedStep said:
I'm going for GameStop's because it seems the most substantial. It has a Vice case and some sort of badge challenge/hunt. Also, The Naked City sounds like it has some extra nudity, and I can't help but support that.

The other cases (Wal-Mart's and PS3) are Traffic cases, which seem like they'd be a little less involved. Amazon's and Best Buy's are just outfits/pistols, which don't do much for me. One comes free when you link to the Social Club, so I'll already have an extra if mine gets dirty.
Well it's not just a cosmetic outfit, it gives you extra health and melee damage!

Vestal

Hyped... Getting it for the 360 for two reasons.
1. PSN still fubard.
2. I prefer 360 achievements.

Also like has been said multiplats usually come out better on the 360....

Already took 3 days off next week for this and Witcher2.. Have no fucking clue how im gona find time for both after that lol.

Rockstar you already have my money.. NOW DELIVER!

Amir0x

Banned
i am so excited.

I'm going to be a real man and completely ignore that bullshit detective power they have for weakass gamers, though. I wish they had included a difficulty mode which removed that lame feature altogether.

Deduction Powers for real or bust imo

Luigi87

Amir0x said:
i am so excited.

I'm going to be a real man and completely ignore that bullshit detective power they have for weakass gamers, though. I wish they had included a difficulty mode which removed that lame feature altogether.

Deduction Powers for real or bust imo

Does being a real man also entail physically beating the answers out of a perp? 'Cause I'm down for that.

Amir0x

Banned
Luigi87 said:
Does being a real man also entail physically beating the answers out of a perp? 'Cause I'm down for that.

I mean, no, but I will do that anyway. Just because who doesn't want to beat the fuck out of a perp?

Blutonium said:
Wait this doesn't use Euphoria? That's very unfortunate :(

That's not what I heard. I'm sure I read that it's not Rage engine, but it uses euphoria. Looked like a tasty physics model in the videos either way.

devo1989 said:
Posted a couple pages back. Friend at Natural Motion told me it didn't.

Ah, well, there you go. As I said, looks good either way.

And, yes, it's a worry that they didn't dev it. Or, rather, it's a worry that McNamara was in charge of it. The Getaway 1 & 2 were both dreadful - full of promise, but absolutely calamitous to play - so I'm cautiously tredidatious. I'm sure that Rockstar have a) dipped their wick into the development process to ensure quality and b) won't publish something that's bad that the general public will assume is developed by them. They're involved in the promo process as well, so I'm guessing they're proud to be publishing it, so maybe any worry is unfounded. As guiding forces offering assistance, I sure trust Rockstar more than I do/did Sony London.

Top Bottom