• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

corn_fest

Also, the Black Box, Buff Banner (or maybe battalions' backup), Degreaser, Blutsauger, Powerjack, Sandvitch, Ubersaw, and Jarate got LODs, I think, according to the server update logs.

Those are some great decriptions. The Zatoichi worries me though, because if you're just rolling through your weapons or run out of ammo for a moment, are you stuck on it? Or does it only stay out once you take a swing?

Blizzard

Banned
If the scout fan effect never resets until the target dies, then it sounds like a funny/annoying troll weapon. Maybe going back to a spawn health cabinet will make it go away? If it's just a jarate effect or whatnot for 20 seconds then that's no big deal.

The soldier buff banner looks awesome, but I still feel like the buff banner is a good bit better. You could use the black box to try to heal yourself anyway.

The spy weapon...I'm not sure how well it will work out.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The Spy Weapon will work really well (for him) if it is like the Eyelander and ups your max HP for every kill.

I wonder how you get it. I want the Sword and Kunai now! Tell me the secrets to getting them valve!

I really like these new weapons. They all have unique effects that sound fun. Can't wait to try them out

untitled-2.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hey, I just realized something, if all the items are craftable, there are now craftable noisemakers! Prepaired to be annoyed with Japanese Sound effects! And they are dropable!

While all the stuff can be crafted, I'll likely craft up the Kunai and Katana and get the other two via trade or drop, as long as it isn't to costly of a craft.

Drkirby said:
Hey, I just realized something, if all the items are craftable, there are now craftable noisemakers! Prepaired to be annoyed with Japanese Sound effects! And they are dropable!

While all the stuff can be crafted, I'll likely craft up the Kunai and Katana and get the other two via trade or drop, as long as it isn't to costly of a craft.
Nope

You don't get the noise maker when you pre-order shogun. The store specifically says you can only get it via the store.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yep, they have a good deal of effort into them, which is why Valve most likely went "Oh god, we can't let these be preorder only."

At least its decent advertisement for Shogun 2.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The Canniver's Kunai has a 50/50 chance to be crafted with a Spy Token, Melee Token, and Scrap Metal.

Oh, and it seems the weapons DO have kill icons.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Seems like the update screws quiet a bit. Eyelander doesn't work right, and death by fall damage crashes the server.

Wait, so a Spy starts with 60 Health but what happens when you kill a class with more than average health (Soldier, Heavy)? I guess 125 health is the max?

Edit: Seems like Valve made a quick fix, since I'm downloading something again.

Kuro Madoushi said:
Eh, Kinda too late at this point. Nobody's forcing you to buy anything
It's mostly for the weapons, couldn't careless about the hats/misc items. Hopefully they won't be as ridiculously hard to craft like RIFT weapons (who am I kidding?).

Sgt.Pepper said:
Wait, so a Spy starts with 60 Health but what happens when you kill a class with more than average health (Soldier, Heavy)? I guess 125 health is the max?

Edit: Seems like Valve made a quick fix, since I'm downloading something again.
He can earn up to 125 "real" health and up to 175 "extra" health. The extra health decays like overheal.

So killing a Heavy would bring him to 175, but 50 of that would be overheal.

You literally have to backstab anybody who isn't a Sandman Scout and you'll make your health back.
I can see chain stabbing + dead ringer being godly with this weapon if the Spy is good.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Man I haven't played TF2 in forever, these look awesome though, and I'll have to jump back in after I hand in some papers D:

The Katana seems super OP in Medieval Mode just looking at the stats

Also, if you kill someone with a rocket, grenade or sticky while you have the Katana out, it counts as a Katana kill, so you get fully healed and can switch weapons.

This is obviously a glitch, so enjoy it while you can.

Ceebs

dragonlife29 said:
I NEED that Geisha bun for my Medic. NEED.

I've actually been interested in Shogun 2, but I don't know if I'll preorder. Oh, well.
Word. I am close to enough metal to craft a hat as well! Hopefully it has a specific recipe like the polycount stuff.

Forkball

The Kunai is kinda disappointing going from that description. You just get a brief overheal if you stab one of the slower classes. I was hoping for a 300 HP Spy, but I guess that would mean ArtistDude would be invincible.

Blizzard

Banned
I managed to use the internets to learn how to update the server and relaunch it. Unfortunately that apparently involves no sourcemod etc., and I didn't apparently launch with the hlds wrapper thing, so now I can't do anything at all. Remy has been offline for a day and yeef is gone...is he already in Vegas?

So anyway, it's 24/7 badwater, no alltalk, until further notice. >_>

Forkball

I just found out the samurai sword is a one hit kill against anyone else wielding it. It even has a unique kill icon for when that happens.

Also RIP GAF server

commissar

Wolf Akela said:
Strange, it should launch automatically with Sourcemod. We didn't even need to update Sourcemod unlike one of the older updates.
what did you launch it with so that it launches correctly though?

Katanas in TF2. Mind Blown. I think I need to drop down some money on getting TF2 for PC finally. I assume my PC that played it at launch won't handle it anymore? Have the required specs to play it changed enough that a dual core can't run it at a locked 60 fps anymore? 1024x768, 7800 GT, 4 gigs of DDR2.

commissar said:
what did you launch it with so that it launches correctly though?

A *.bat file.

@echo off
cls
echo Protecting srcds from crashes...
echo If you want to close srcds and this script, close the srcds window and type Y depending on your language followed by Enter.
title srcds.com Watchdog
:srcds
echo (%time%) srcds started.
start /wait C:\hlserver\orangebox\srcds.exe -console -game tf +map koth_lakeside_final +maxplayers 24
echo (%time%) WARNING: srcds closed or crashed, restarting.
goto srcds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom