• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeef said:
Valve strikes again!

Apparently they've changed the way invites look!
It's been that way for like...weeks I think. Maybe months. Perhaps YEARS. Or decades. I guess we know who never gets invites now!

Yeef

Blizzard said:
It's been that way for like...weeks I think. Maybe months. Perhaps YEARS. Or decades. I guess we know who never gets invites now!
I think you are a liar!

February 24th is when that updated arrived. I don't think I've restarted my Steam Client between now and then (until tonight).

Blizzard

Banned
Yeef said:
I think you are a liar!

February 24th is when that updated arrived. I don't think I've restarted my Steam Client between now and then (until tonight).
That's like 2-4 days short of a month! Does the new voice stuff work ingame? Guess we'll find out! *edit* Apparently not!

Freaking mini-sentries man.

K5mnn.jpg

ArtistDude88 said:
Lol, damn those things!

PS: That Brickyard map was made my me. I know it's terribad. But admit it, you all had fun!

I don't dislike the map, I just didn't like my team. I also don't really care for 24 player KOTH.

Blizzard

Banned
wartime1020 said:
I don't dislike the map, I just didn't like my team. I also don't really care for 24 player KOTH.
Javaman? Borsalino? Master Kirby? Joefreakingfu? Come on man, what more could you ask for!

I was mostly joking about it being a horrible map...it's very small for 24 players though, and the spawn exit choke point is super exposed. Something like KOTH viaduct is much more roomy for 24 players in my opinion.

Instro

Btw, when the server switched over to that Black Mesa map last night it wouldnt download the map for me and just kicked me. Whats up with that?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Blizzard said:
Javaman? Borsalino? Master Kirby? Joefreakingfu? Come on man, what more could you ask for!

I was mostly joking about it being a horrible map...it's very small for 24 players though, and the spawn exit choke point is super exposed. Something like KOTH viaduct is much more roomy for 24 players in my opinion.
Well, I count as -1 players.

Yeef

Instro said:
Btw, when the server switched over to that Black Mesa map last night it wouldnt download the map for me and just kicked me. Whats up with that?
I don't know. I think HLDS' map check function is case-sensitive. For some reason it's cp_Blackmesa with an uppercase B which may be the problem.

If the future (or right now), you can get all of the maps on the server at http://tf2.alliedbiscuit.net/tf/maps
Drkirby said:
Well, I count as -1 players.
-5*

Nikolai13

Neo Member
Drkirby said:
What does the * represent? The more players on the team the more I bring the team down?

I think he meant to say that you count as -5 not -1. Asterisks usually serve as a correction :p

I think I might be worthy of a +0.5 but that's certainly up for debate

Yeef

Nikolai13 said:
I think he meant to say that you count as -5 not -1. Asterisks usually serve as a correction :p
That Nikolai is one smart fella!

[Edit] Also, having spent a little while playing on pubs today and yesterday (both in regular TF2 and the Beta) I realize that I am better than I thought I was. I normally only play on the GAF and GG servers and do merely adequately, but when I play in pubs I'm just about always at or near the top of the scoreboard.

Volcynika

Not sure if anyone posted this: http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=5170&p=1

If We Could Be Serious For a Moment...
March 23, 2011 - TF2 Team

Here at Valve, we've always been consistently blown away by the creativity and generosity of the TF2 community -- through art contests, map making, item creating, or any one of the hundreds of other ways that you manage to impress us every day.

japan_relief_aid.png

Today, we'd like to offer a chance to help out at a time when that help matters most. To support the relief efforts currently underway in Japan, we're introducing three limited edition hats and two special noisemakers to the Mann Co. store. The "Humanitarian's Hachimaki" ($7.99), the "Benefactor's Kanmuri" ($19.99) and the most prestigious "Magnanimous Monarch" ($99.99) will be available from now through April 6. All proceeds (net of applicable taxes) will go directly towards the Japanese disaster relief fund that the American Red Cross has set up. The hats can be equipped by all classes; however, they cannot be traded or used for crafting.

After April 6, none of these items will be available in any form. We encourage you to spend as much as you are comfortable with contributing to this good cause. While your Mann Co. store purchases cannot be written off as tax deductions, those who would prefer to donate directly to the American Red Cross fund can do so at their website.

Thanks.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Does the new hachimaki on the soldier look like this?

Backpack_Hero%27s_Hachimaki.png

Dante23

Hello, I know nothing about the trade system, so I was wondering if anyone can explain your take on the trade system, I mean, I have two Axtinguishers and I see a lot of people asking for one of those, what is ok to ask in exchange? can they take advantage of the system and scam me?

Any advice and tips would be greatly appreciated.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeef said:

[Edit] Also, having spent a little while playing on pubs today and yesterday (both in regular TF2 and the Beta) I realize that I am better than I thought I was. I normally only play on the GAF and GG servers and do merely adequately, but when I play in pubs I'm just about always at or near the top of the scoreboard.
Nonsense. I'm sure they were going easy on you so you could feel good about yourself!

Forkball

Dante23 said:
Hello, I know nothing about the trade system, so I was wondering if anyone can explain your take on the trade system, I mean, I have two Axtinguishers and I see a lot of people asking for one of those, what is ok to ask in exchange? can they take advantage of the system and scam me?

Any advice and tips would be greatly appreciated.

Axtinguishers are fairly common, people just want them so they can craft the kinda new Sharpened Volcano Axe (which I did tonight).

Check out this site for crafting recipes. Basically, any weapon that requires metal to be crafted (such as one item + one reclaimed) are worth more than items that have no crafting recipes. These items also don't drop as frequently as the other items. So, you are more likely to get something like the Force-A-Nature as a drop as opposed to the Crusader's Crossbow, therefore the crossbow is worth more. You should use this as a guide to know which items are worth more.

And I bought the Humanitarian's Hachimaki. I swore to never buy anything out of the Mann Co. Store, but this is going to a good cause. And props to Exclamation for making us all look poor.

Dante23

Forkball said:
Axtinguishers are fairly common, people just want them so they can craft the kinda new Sharpened Volcano Axe (which I did tonight).

Check out this site for crafting recipes. Basically, any weapon that requires metal to be crafted (such as one item + one reclaimed) are worth more than items that have no crafting recipes. These items also don't drop as frequently as the other items. So, you are more likely to get something like the Force-A-Nature as a drop as opposed to the Crusader's Crossbow, therefore the crossbow is worth more. You should use this as a guide to know which items are worth more.

And I bought the Humanitarian's Hachimaki. I swore to never buy anything out of the Mann Co. Store, but this is going to a good cause. And props to Exclamation for making us all look poor.

Thank you, I'll certainly use your answer as a reference for when I'm trading something!

By the way, do you have any tips for crafting metals?

Dug

Banned
Yeef said:
I didn't know there was an N64 version of TF2. And it gets all the updates in line with the PC version too? Valve are gods among men!

:p
Only way I get decently good frames per second.

(EDIT: But yeah, it is kind of funny.)

Forkball

Dante23 said:
Thank you, I'll certainly use your answer as a reference for when I'm trading something!

By the way, do you have any tips for crafting metals?
You should just craft any spare weapons into metal. Two class weapons make a scrap metal, three scraps make a reclaimed, and finally three reclaimed make a refined. The only thing to do with extra items is to trade and craft into metal.

leroidys

ArtistDude88 said:
You know, I just thought...

When Meet the Medic video is released, I hope the Medic will get new voice clips in-game. All the other classes, except for Pyro (which is understandable), got new domination sound clips and that stuff. But Medic didn't :(

I always figured it was because his voice actor was very busy (look him up), but when he's in the recording room for Meet the Medic, I really hope they add new voice clips!

That would be awesome.
Incidentally, have you guys ever checked out the other language options? I've only tried German and Russian, but both are excellent and pretty different in a lot of ways. The spy speaks Italian in the Russian version for instance.

Nikolai13

Neo Member
Yeef said:

Don't listen to that Bliz-zard. You are plenty good. GAF has a lot of quality players (except maybe Dog Chasing Cars)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Nikolai13 said:
That listen to that Bliz-zard. You are plenty good. GAF has a lot of quality players (except maybe Dog Chasing Cars)
I hear wrenches are super-effective when used on any dog that may or may not be chasing a car or cars.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
(._.) said:
Arena mode is so damn fun. you all should play it more often ;D
We would need to up the number of rounds for Arena, 2 is simply not enough.

Any way to increase the number of rounds, and change the maptime's default for a map, or to simply change it in the admin panel? Maybe lower arena to 15 minutes, and set it to like 5-10 rounds? Also, KOTH should be 3 rounds, so one team has a clear cut win.

Clydefrog

leroidys said:
That would be awesome.
Incidentally, have you guys ever checked out the other language options? I've only tried German and Russian, but both are excellent and pretty different in a lot of ways. The spy speaks Italian in the Russian version for instance.

whoa. what a fantastic idea :D

I remember Day of Defeat would have the Nazis voice commands actually German! It was crazy!

Someone was harassing me for my Big Kill. He couldn't quite understand that I just like the way it looks and that I don't use it simply because it's rare or anything. He also criticized the fact that I didn't collect hats just to have them. I guess just having the hats you like isn't good enough anymore?

Anyway, he finally offered 8 hats, but I still refused.

Remy

By popular request, my mic is finally "fixed". Expect my bullshit rambling on the server starting in about an hour!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
balladofwindfishes said:
Someone was harassing me for my Big Kill. He couldn't quite understand that I just like the way it looks and that I don't use it simply because it's rare or anything. He also criticized the fact that I didn't collect hats just to have them. I guess just having the hats you like isn't good enough anymore?

I am very disappointed in ArtistDude.

jk, but I know he is also looking for a big kill. I keep flaunting mine in front of him. Its a shame I don't use it to much, I find the other two guns work much better of my play style

Edit: Odd, tf2 beta just got a second patch today, this one being 54 bytes.

balladofwindfishes said:

Wow, 8 hats.

Here I was thinking 2 hats would be the highest I'd go on a trade for it... Guess I'll have to hang out in trade servers and hope for the best...

(._.)

Banned
balladofwindfishes said:

I'm trading off all the hats I don't use. Realized all this shit is garbage and I want to just refine my collection to rare hats and ones I like.

Dante23

Forkball said:
You should just craft any spare weapons into metal. Two class weapons make a scrap metal, three scraps make a reclaimed, and finally three reclaimed make a refined. The only thing to do with extra items is to trade and craft into metal.

Thank you, I will try that tonight :)

Is there way to track your kills with specific weapons?

Recently I've been getting a ton of Flare Gun kills and would love to see it stack up against my other weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom