• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikolai13

Neo Member
B9AEE322AC0F0155491B59395BC7964321246495

Blizzard!!

Proven

Yeef said:
Demoman has been nerfed quite a bit and is still overpowered.

That's because they neutered the pyro. At launch the standard flamethrower did more damage than the current backburner does and there were far fewer ways to get rid of afterburn. The pyro did get the airblast in exchange for its big damage nerf, but since the airblast is hugely effected by latency it's a bit of a crap shoot. Since the airblast is reactionary your timing has to change based on your ping, which generally means you have to more of less guess when your opponent is going to shoot/throw something at you unless you're at long range. That's a whole different discussion though.

But at launch there were no payload maps and only 1 push map (dustbowl, which is an awful map). The game is very much designed around the symmetrical game types (ctf, 5cp) when it comes to classifying the classes. Obviously the game has changed a lot since then, but I think it's important to keep the class roles to their original classifications to maintain balance.
Well, we agree on the Demoman and Pyro, but even you admit the game has changed. Classes have been altered, along with new maps coming out revealing the emphasis the game has turned towards. Overall, this has meant mostly Payload, 5CP, and A/D. CTF, Payload Race, KotH, and to a lesser extent Arena, are all still popular but are generally second string.
That's true of payload, but only because the cart works as a moving dispenser which means Heavies can stay spun up and not worry much about health or ammo. In non-payload game types heavy is all about find a choke point and holding it, not advancing. In an evenly matched game you're not going to have heavies being the first to push a point or capping the intel.
Outside of the midpoint rush on 5cp maps, when I'm playing Medic I tend to drive my teammates to follow me and create different situations. A Heavy alone must depend on chokepoints, yes. A Heavy with just a Medic, a Soldier or Demo, and a lightweight class becomes a functional unit and roaming base. Or the "team" when people cry out "where's my team?" Now, this doesn't have to be a Heavy, and as 6v6 comp play has shown, the main core is essentially a Medic, a high DPS class, and classes to help protect those two so that they can get health inbetween fights. I just like what the Heavy contributes to those team engagements.

You seem to focus more on 1 on 1 engagements, and so having a Heavy rush in and be able to hold his own easier with what feel like gimmicky items comes off as annoying. I see those same items as allowing the Heavy to keep up with a team to help create more 4+ on 4+ engagements. When a new engagement starts, from pushing the second point on Granary to dropping into a sentry nest on the last point of Badwater, one of the oft use strategies is to throw the Heavy in first, as he's a tank in size, health, and DPS. The other classes in tandem come in and fan out, acting as your foot soldiers and artillery that both cover for the tank's blind spots, as he can't aim everywhere at once, and then pick off those enemies that can get behind cover and leave traps for the tank.

I guess I should also say that when people complain about two or three Heavies on the cart, I generally just see it as two or three Heavies on the cart, and everyone keeps running at them one by one (in part thanks to their different speeds allowing them to get to the battle at different times). And how is it ever stopped? Either the stream of players going in by themselves manages to whittle down the menace, or more often, a handful of players gather together and attack the Heavies at once.
I've already expressed my dislike of the GRU and the Fists of Steel. Suffice to say, I completely disagree, I think they very much hurt game balance. I don't see how they 'speed up the game' since all they do is make the heavies faster. Demos and spies are better at taking out sentry nests and in general on non-payload maps heavies aren't nearly as necessary for pushes.

Which is why I don't like the fists of steel. The sniper rifle is balanced in such a way that it can 1-shot any class if your aim is true and you wait for the charge. With the fists of steel that means it's possible to spot and non-ubered enemy that can't be killed. It sets the Heavy up in such a way that the only class he has to worry about while he's traveling is spy. Any other class will have to get in close to melee where the heavy can immediately do a bait and switch and deal his insanely high close range minigun damage. Basically, I feel like the Heavy used to be a high risk high reward class, but now it feels more like a low risk high reward class.

As I have admitted time and time again, I hate Snipers, so it's hard for me to comment on this without giving an unfair answer. I may have too heavy of a strategy game background, and so I don't tend to care much for how high skill a certain strat requires. Most of what I think about and find challenge in comes down to getting to a key position that allows you to lay down fire or do your job, and a Sniper just seems way too extreme of an artillery class. Despite the high skill ceiling and the number of bad Snipers in the game, you will often consistently find a competent one, and so I'm always going to have to worry about death not only from a trap or ambush, but also from a person who is often outside my immediate area of combat.

As for combating the Fists of Steel, I view it like the Wrangler. It's a weapon that provides a shield by limiting DPS potential (the Wrangler doing this by doing away with the Sentry's auto-targeting, which often catches enemies like Scouts that you may not react to quick enough, as well as just being an extra gun to cover your back). And as with the Wrangler, you either fire and pick off everyone who is not covered by the shield and then runaway, or you prepare an overwhelming amount of DPS and target fire at the start of the fight.

As for it neutering the Sniper's advantage of the Heavy, I see it as part of the point of the weapon; i.e. decreasing the Heavy's weakness to extra long range fire, from Snipers to just general projectile spam. It's the whole point of many of these weapons. You take decrease or remove one of the class's usual vulnerabilities, while increasing or introducing another vulnerability or advantage. In this case that vulnerability comes from the fact that his need to weapon switch and spin up combined make it easier to perform hit and run tactics against him.

From the Medic's Kritzkrieg to the Spy's Dead Ringer, these items fundamentally change the balance of the game while introducing a new dynamic, which then requires the other person or team to change their strategy, and sometimes weapon or class, in order to deal with it, all of this changing being intentionally forced by the design of these weapons to lead both teams toward a new field of balance. The people who complain are essentially saying they dislike the change of dynamics ("The Pyro shouldn't be a tank class! He should have to ambush!").

I will admit that it's a shame that the game has a lack of actual sidegrades (like the Pyro's flamethrowers have finally become) instead of weapons that shake up the entire balance of everyone around them, but I've come to love the game for being this way.

The only valid argument I see against all this is that the change of balance causes a change in what skills and attributes are emphasized, and that change can and will cause a dislike ("Stun doesn't belong in an FPS!"). Personally, I don't play on the PC in general, dislike using the keyboard for anything that requires me to move my fingers off of WASD, left shift, and space bar, and don't have any aspirations to much improve my mouse aiming skills very much past the abysmal state they're currently in. From this, I tend to not like hitscan weaponry, but I do have a degree of fun aiming projectiles like rockets or flares thanks to experience in other types of games. I play TF2 because it has these classes that cater to those lacking the general aiming skill that almost all other FPS games focus on, instead allowing them to bring skills from other types of games, and then combing all of those mechanics into team dynamics. All of my memorable moments in this game have not come from killing sprees but instead from using some new item like the Buff Banner or the Kritzkrieg in tandem with other players.

Basically we prefer and play the game differently, and although the two sides of the debate aren't completely mutually exclusive, they affect each other enough that I can love the fact that the GRU and Fist of Steel are in the game, while you find them to be abominations that should have never been born. Who's right, and who should Valve cater to more if it's impossible to properly make both happy?

got some odd lag tonight on the server, oh and hats. Good thing for trading, or I'd never have accumulated so many soldier ones. But, I don't play soldier much anymore, so I guess I have to start collecting demo hats.

hats-1.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
I'm glad you have lag, wartime. Get MORE lag and stop killing me!

Also I got a second sniper hat! It was the panama kinda thing. At least it's more interesting than the little hat with teeth on it I already had.

Damn, some of you are super paranoid with spies. We were only 4 but they were spy checking even though it was only me at the beginning. o_O

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, but it makes GAF great practice, for that very fact. I am super paranoid I am going to be caught on a lot of maps, since it can be hard to get into a position where you look natural.

Yeef

Proven said:
You seem to focus more on 1 on 1 engagements, and so having a Heavy rush in and be able to hold his own easier with what feel like gimmicky items comes off as annoying.
It's not about being annoying, it's about game balance (I use both the GRU and the Fists of Steel when I play Heavy). The heavy's high health and DPS is supposed to be balanced by his slow movement which also makes him an easy target for the one hit kill classes. The GRU gives him a huge movement bonus with an unequal downside. Likewise, the steel fists negate teh ability of one of the heavy's hard counters (sniper) without a comparable downside. It's been fixed slightly in the beta (damage reduction dropped to 40% instead of 60% and it increase the time it takes to switch weapons) which will help for other classes, but it's still a big bonus with an uneven downside.

I see those same items as allowing the Heavy to keep up with a team to help create more 4+ on 4+ engagements.
That's what I have the fundamental problem with. The Heavy isn't supposed to 'keep up with the team.' The team is supposed to slow down to compensate the Heavy. It's a tactical decision. Do you risk slowing down and give the enemy a chance to build up their defenses or do you take your chances and go in without the heavy while the enemy defenses are still weak? It's a trade off for his high DPS and survivability. The GRU lets the Heavy get to the front lines more quickly AND helps a medic pal build uber more quickly with virtually no downside.

I guess I should also say that when people complain about two or three Heavies on the cart, I generally just see it as two or three Heavies on the cart, and everyone keeps running at them one by one (in part thanks to their different speeds allowing them to get to the battle at different times). And how is it ever stopped? Either the stream of players going in by themselves manages to whittle down the menace, or more often, a handful of players gather together and attack the Heavies at once.
Dealing with Heavies on the cart isn't that big a deal (depending on the map), but, again, the GRU means that a heavy can get to the cart just as fast (and faster in some cases) than most other classes and the downside is completely negated just by touching the cart.

As I have admitted time and time again, I hate Snipers, so it's hard for me to comment on this without giving an unfair answer. I may have too heavy of a strategy game background, and so I don't tend to care much for how high skill a certain strat requires.
It's not about twitch skills. The game is designed so that every class has one or two hard counters and then a few soft counters. Pyro is a hard counter for spies. Sentry guns are a hard counter for Scouts. Snipers are a hard counter for Heavies and so on. Breaking that balance without an equivalent negative is just poor design.

Most of what I think about and find challenge in comes down to getting to a key position that allows you to lay down fire or do your job, and a Sniper just seems way too extreme of an artillery class. Despite the high skill ceiling and the number of bad Snipers in the game, you will often consistently find a competent one, and so I'm always going to have to worry about death not only from a trap or ambush, but also from a person who is often outside my immediate area of combat.
Part of that is map design, but it's also how the sniper is meant to play by design. He's got high burst damage, at a slow rate of fire. it allows him to take out key targets instantly, but not an entire team. On crappy maps (like dustbowl) it sucks, but good maps will have a few alternate routes that are harder for a sniper to lock down, but take longer to travel, which plays into the Heavy's movement penalty.

As for combating the Fists of Steel, I view it like the Wrangler. It's a weapon that provides a shield by limiting DPS potential.
Wrangler actually doubles the DPS potential of a sentry which cutting the damage it takes to 1/3. It's real downside is that it increases the danger from the engineer's hard counter (spy) and also opens him up to danger from a class classes that he normally counters (scout and pyro), but that's neither here nor there. The problem with the fists of steel is that the decrease in damage potential is minimal. Heavy DPS sucks at long range anyway. The negative is that you take double melee damage, but in order to take advantage of that weakness the enemy has to get in close range where the Heavy dominates. It'd be like giving a weapon that makes a demo take extra damage when an enemy is standing on his stickies.

As for it neutering the Sniper's advantage of the Heavy, I see it as part of the point of the weapon
Well, yeah it's the point of the weapon, but what I'm saying is it was a bad design choice.

From the Medic's Kritzkrieg to the Spy's Dead Ringer, these items fundamentally change the balance of the game while introducing a new dynamic, which then requires the other person or team to change their strategy, and sometimes weapon or class, in order to deal with it, all of this changing being intentionally forced by the design of these weapons to lead both teams toward a new field of balance. The people who complain are essentially saying they dislike the change of dynamics ("The Pyro shouldn't be a tank class! He should have to ambush!").
My problem isn't with introducing new weapons and strategies to the game. My issue is with balance. With the kritzkrieg the bonus (faster charge and criticals) are balanced by the negatives (no invulnerability). High risk and high reward. The dead ringer removes the blink from a cloaked spy and reduces damage while cloaked, but limits when you can cloak, decreases the length you can cloak and forces you to take damage to make the false death convincing. It also has an extremely loud decloak sound and since you can more or less only use it on the front lines you've got to strategize where and when to bait enemies so you can get far enough away to decloak without giving yourself away.

The only valid argument I see against all this is that the change of balance causes a change in what skills and attributes are emphasized, and that change can and will cause a dislike ("Stun doesn't belong in an FPS!"). Personally, I don't play on the PC in general, dislike using the keyboard for anything that requires me to move my fingers off of WASD, left shift, and space bar, and don't have any aspirations to much improve my mouse aiming skills very much past the abysmal state they're currently in. From this, I tend to not like hitscan weaponry, but I do have a degree of fun aiming projectiles like rockets or flares thanks to experience in other types of games. I play TF2 because it has these classes that cater to those lacking the general aiming skill that almost all other FPS games focus on, instead allowing them to bring skills from other types of games, and then combing all of those mechanics into team dynamics. All of my memorable moments in this game have not come from killing sprees but instead from using some new item like the Buff Banner or the Kritzkrieg in tandem with other players.

Basically we prefer and play the game differently
I don't think that's accurate. I complain about my terrible aim all the time and my favorite class is one where it makes a huge difference (Scout), but I play and enjoy every class (even though I like Heavy the least I still do like it). What makes the game good are the team dynamics and the fact that there isn't really any dominant strategy (at the team level, at least), but making imbalanced items makes the game lean toward dominant strategy and it's extra bad because new players don't start out with the extra weapons. Playing Pyro without access to the Axstinguisher, for example, puts you at a huge disadvantage.

I can love the fact that the GRU and Fist of Steel are in the game, while you find them to be abominations that should have never been born. Who's right, and who should Valve cater to more if it's impossible to properly make both happy?
I'm right and Valve should cater to me, obviously. What a stupid question.

AcciDante

Drkirby said:
Yeah, but it makes GAF great practice, for that very fact. I am super paranoid I am going to be caught on a lot of maps, since it can be hard to get into a position where you look natural.
I love accidentally hitting you with huntsman arrows because you where cloaked in front of someone :D

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think the GRU should lower max HP also, or maybe toss in something like "Any hit while active will Crit".

I would also argue that Sentry guns are also a Pyro's Hard counter (Or at least soft), he can't get near one without being killed. A Mini-Sentry is usually enough to take out stray Pyro, and a Level 2 and up Sentry is an area that a Pyro has no chance to survive without other players to take the blunt of the attack, and he has no way to take them down at range. Heavy is also hard to take down as a Pyro. Doable, but damn hard, you are usually much better off not engaging. Pryo can hold his own against a Solider and a Normal Demoman, but a Chargin' Targe Demo can be quite annoying to take down due to his +50% fire damage resistance (Though the shotgun works pretty well, but it isn't always an option, and you would have to process the fact the enemy has a Targe on).

And while on the Subject of Pyro, I feel the 10% speed boost is well worth the 10% extra bullet damage, since it allows you to get close enough to the enemy and stay on them to do the max damage possible.

Wrangler actually doubles the DPS potential of a sentry which cutting the damage it takes to 1/3. It's real downside is that it increases the danger from the engineer's hard counter (spy) and also opens him up to danger from a class classes that he normally counters (scout and pyro),
Yep. While engineer's have gotten smarter about their placement, it is still pretty common for them to be open enough that you can just walk up around them and set them on fire.

Blizzard

Banned
Drkirby said:
I think the GRU should lower max HP also, or maybe toss in something like "Any hit while active will Crit".
Only if we can activate server mods so that you always have a 200% flame vulnerability as spy. :mad:

I've got my flamethrower set to EXTRA CRISPY.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
That reminds me, using the Buffalo Steak Sandvich and an ubercharge IS CHEATING!

Also, I think making the Heavy even slower when he has Fist of Steel out would also be a decent Nerf. Trading movement speed for better protection.

commissar

Drkirby said:
That reminds me, using the Buffalo Steak Sandvich and an ubercharge IS CHEATING!

Also, I think making the Heavy even slower when he has Fist of Steel out would also be a decent Nerf. Trading movement speed for better protection.
I thought there would be a movement penalty when I first saw them.
If I had some Fists of Steel I think I'd give them a description of "A, E, B, C, D"

Squash

Womp womp womp.

Not too shabby on this Goldrush 3 shutout...
pl_goldrush0035.jpg

So is there anything I can do with these crates I have if I plan to never spend a real dime?

So sense I have been playing I've picked up a lot of things, weapons and stuff. But the other day I picked up a crate of things. It says I need a key to open it, but I have no clue where to get this key. Is it another random pick up? Or can I get it someway specifically?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
RepairmanJack said:
So sense I have been playing I've picked up a lot of things, weapons and stuff. But the other day I picked up a crate of things. It says I need a key to open it, but I have no clue where to get this key. Is it another random pick up? Or can I get it someway specifically?
Valve trollin you, bud...
IT BEGINS!!!!!!!

Wolf Akela said:
Big Kill was that rare? I had a guy wanting to sell me his Big Kill for one refined a few days ago. :|

Alright, tell me this magical trade server you hang out on, because I will go there and clean them the fuck out.

Proven

Yeef said:
It's not about being annoying, it's about game balance (I use both the GRU and the Fists of Steel when I play Heavy). The heavy's high health and DPS is supposed to be balanced by his slow movement which also makes him an easy target for the one hit kill classes. The GRU gives him a huge movement bonus with an unequal downside. Likewise, the steel fists negate teh ability of one of the heavy's hard counters (sniper) without a comparable downside. It's been fixed slightly in the beta (damage reduction dropped to 40% instead of 60% and it increase the time it takes to switch weapons) which will help for other classes, but it's still a big bonus with an uneven downside.

That's what I have the fundamental problem with. The Heavy isn't supposed to 'keep up with the team.' The team is supposed to slow down to compensate the Heavy. It's a tactical decision. Do you risk slowing down and give the enemy a chance to build up their defenses or do you take your chances and go in without the heavy while the enemy defenses are still weak? It's a trade off for his high DPS and survivability. The GRU lets the Heavy get to the front lines more quickly AND helps a medic pal build uber more quickly with virtually no downside.
Unfortunately the main reasons the weapons were added were because this wasn't how it was working out. Waiting some time for your Heavy to push was often not that viable, considering the enemy team could often add a Heavy to their defense much faster, sticky doors, build sentries up in the same time the Heavy was traveling, and then the Heavy was still vulnerable to being picked off in travel.

Then again, this is mostly considering pub play. With even a semi-coherent group, like on the GAF servers, I'd often wait for Yasae or whoever was the Heavy of the day to catch back up anyway. It still didn't produce that much more of an advantage, but it was a preference.
Dealing with Heavies on the cart isn't that big a deal (depending on the map), but, again, the GRU means that a heavy can get to the cart just as fast (and faster in some cases) than most other classes and the downside is completely negated just by touching the cart.
I don't completely disagree about the Heavy getting there just as fast, which can cause problems for the defense and can mainly be used specifically to help break stalemates. I can say that when you consider the Detonator, assuming it'll be added to the main game, every class with over 150 health (the combat classes) will be able to get to the front lines faster than most of the support classes, and with a Medic in tow will be able to arrive fully buffed. I think Valve has pretty much decided that this was a way to increase his and the Pyro's overall effectiveness vs. the more airborne classes. And personally, I don't find this change at all appalling as I see it the same way as running into a Soldier or Demo quickly making it to the cart and killing me quickly if I don't get out of the way.
It's not about twitch skills. The game is designed so that every class has one or two hard counters and then a few soft counters. Pyro is a hard counter for spies. Sentry guns are a hard counter for Scouts. Snipers are a hard counter for Heavies and so on. Breaking that balance without an equivalent negative is just poor design.

Well, yeah it's the point of the weapon, but what I'm saying is it was a bad design choice.
It was how it was originally designed, but the Demo still threw it out the window, and you don't seem to want to see it in the light of many of these weapons changing balance. Demoknight is better at close range combat and at running away from bad situations. The Wrangler helped with the Sentry's total loss against long sight lines. Bonk helps the Scout get out of bad situations involving spam and Sentry fire. The Vita-Saw and Blutsauger are both there for a Medic who constantly finds himself ambushed. The Equalizer made the Soldier still a crazy dangerous threat even after running out of ammo or needing to reload, which could happen often after the alternate secondaries were released. It was even nerfed a bunch of times because of this, but is still extremely useful for getting away from situations where you would have died.

Some of these are extreme examples, while some of them have a negative that's on par with the Heavy gloves. They all allow the classes to get away with things they couldn't before.
Part of that is map design, but it's also how the sniper is meant to play by design. He's got high burst damage, at a slow rate of fire. it allows him to take out key targets instantly, but not an entire team. On crappy maps (like dustbowl) it sucks, but good maps will have a few alternate routes that are harder for a sniper to lock down, but take longer to travel, which plays into the Heavy's movement penalty.

Wrangler actually doubles the DPS potential of a sentry which cutting the damage it takes to 1/3. It's real downside is that it increases the danger from the engineer's hard counter (spy) and also opens him up to danger from a class classes that he normally counters (scout and pyro), but that's neither here nor there. The problem with the fists of steel is that the decrease in damage potential is minimal. Heavy DPS sucks at long range anyway. The negative is that you take double melee damage, but in order to take advantage of that weakness the enemy has to get in close range where the Heavy dominates. It'd be like giving a weapon that makes a demo take extra damage when an enemy is standing on his stickies.
I know the Wrangler doubles the DPS, but only when the Sentry gets to focus fire. It however ruins much of the Sentry's potential when it comes to area denial, both opening up the Engineer to close range weaknesses and forcing the Engineer to have to repair and babysit it more often, and thus one less gun patrolling the battlefield.

Now that I think about it, it may stop long range spam coming from one direction, but is not as effective when the spam comes from multiple places, and that still puts the Engineer in danger as well. Also, most people use it to lock down one major chokepoint; When there are two or three directions you need to be on the look out for, while you can wrangle a number of people just leave it on auto.

If I wanted to be pedantic I could also say that the gloves increase the Heavy's DPS potential as well, the GRU getting him to battle faster. The Fists of Steel increase his potential by allowing him to get closer to closer combat before firing or having the Medic pop uber.

The Fists of Steel combined with it's weapon switch nerf, which I agree with, gives you enough time to run away before he can switch if you run into him close range. At the same time, I still feel like the best way to deal with him is to just use hit and run tactics, as while he enjoys damage reduction he can't possibly fire on you, and the Sniper can just take him out in two shots. The Fists of Steel also do not change the fact that when the Heavy is busy shooting at someone, the Sniper still gets his 450 dmg shot, which is when the Sniper most often kills a Heavy anyway as it's when he's least mobile. The only class that still threatens the Sniper consistently is another Sniper.

If you're arguing that the Heavy should be weaker in the areas of the weapons stated vulnerabilities, then I can see your point. But my point is that it doesn't make the Heavy that much more effective against his weaknesses. He still takes forever to get to battle, if he's spammed at long range he either has to push through it and throw a Sandvich soon, or run away, and before the nerf the fact that he had to switch weapons and then spin up before firing was analogous to the Heavy before his spinup buff. If you still don't find it enough, then you could ask for a larger nerf to his weapon switch, and perhaps even his spin up time, while the fists are in his inventory.
My problem isn't with introducing new weapons and strategies to the game. My issue is with balance. With the kritzkrieg the bonus (faster charge and criticals) are balanced by the negatives (no invulnerability). High risk and high reward. The dead ringer removes the blink from a cloaked spy and reduces damage while cloaked, but limits when you can cloak, decreases the length you can cloak and forces you to take damage to make the false death convincing. It also has an extremely loud decloak sound and since you can more or less only use it on the front lines you've got to strategize where and when to bait enemies so you can get far enough away to decloak without giving yourself away.

I don't think that's accurate. I complain about my terrible aim all the time and my favorite class is one where it makes a huge difference (Scout), but I play and enjoy every class (even though I like Heavy the least I still do like it). What makes the game good are the team dynamics and the fact that there isn't really any dominant strategy (at the team level, at least), but making imbalanced items makes the game lean toward dominant strategy and it's extra bad because new players don't start out with the extra weapons. Playing Pyro without access to the Axstinguisher, for example, puts you at a huge disadvantage.
That's something I can't really help with. The playerbase at large found the Heavy and Pyro underpowered enough that Valve finally agreed with them and allowed them unlockables to increase their effectiveness as there wasn't much they could do to the core class. This is also essentially what happened to the Spy with the release of the Dead Ringer, and the other watches only caught up in effectiveness with the release of new knives.

Honestly, I wished the Heavy was given some kind of charge up shield ability instead, perhaps only for him, essentially like the Battalion's Backup. It'd be charged by taking damage, would only last a short while, and would be activated by hitting reload while the Minigun was out. But then they released that very same charge shield idea for the Soldier instead.
I'm right and Valve should cater to me, obviously. What a stupid question.
Agree to disagree, heh.

Thing I hate about goldrush in tf2 is even if you are a good player it wont help if the rest of your team sucks, there is like this skill ceiling that hits and basically I lose because my team had more shitty players than the other.

sad.

Your team matters most, but Goldrush is a map that favors defense. I'm sleepy right now so I can't think properly, but the only asymmetrical map I found very balanced is Badwater.

Wolf Akela said:
Your team matters most, but Goldrush is a map that favors defense. I'm sleepy right now so I can't think properly, but the only asymmetrical map I found very balanced is Badwater.
Sans badwater, most attack/defend and Payload maps favor RED, especially at the last point.

Sgt.Pepper said:
Sans badwater, most attack/defend and Payload maps favor RED, especially at the last point.
That's a design choice by Valve. In theory, the time addition is enough of an advantage for BLU team, that RED team needs an advantage to counter that.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Orellio said:
So since we're all talking about hats and stuff, I crafted a spare Fez last night, if anyone needs one I wouldn't mind trading it for a Pyro hat. Maybe something else, I can be persuaded. A new heavy or medic hat perhaps..

Anyone?
mememememememememmememememememememememememememe

I have some stuff I can trade. Or give you 2 refined. Oreoleo on steam?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Wolf Akela said:
Maps that favour defense even with a bad team?

Egypt. Fuck it's so easy to defend. I like the map, but damn the sentries on that map.

I remember joining on Egypt on the last point and completely denying the other team as an engie. Wish I remember who else was there...on GAF server...with regulars and dr. kirby was on for sure. All I was using was the baby troll sentry too. :D

Goon Boon

Banned
zombieshavebrains said:
Yeah i had some guy offer me $40 for max's head. I have the head, big kill, and lugermorph still.
So little people bought sam and max season 3 that some people will pay like $150 for the set.

yes that sounds retarded as hell, and yes I hope that this blows up in their faces.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Goon Boon said:
So little people bought sam and max season 3 that some people will pay like $150 for the set.

yes that sounds retarded as hell, and yes I hope that this blows up in their faces.

Well shit, $150 might be my breaking point for selling them lol. I don't value them at $150 but if someone else does who am i to prevent them from having them?

At last check Max's Head by itself goes for about $110-$120, and that's not "maybe with wishful thinking someone will pay it" price, that's "I want to sell it the same day" price. That guy was trying to cheat you at $40.

Yeef

Sgt.Pepper said:
I have only gone twice to a trade server, but I'm that fucking spy.

Edit: I need to practice my quick sniping, what's a good sensibility for practice? I have it quite high, so I tend to miss headshots that could have been easy kills.
Somewhere between Meatloaf and the Queen of England.

(Sensitivity isn't a good measure of anything without your mouse DPI. Also, it all comes down to preference.)

Yeef said:
Somewhere between Meatloaf and the Queen of England.

(Sensitivity isn't a good measure of anything without your mouse DPI. Also, it all comes down to preference.)
I guess, I'm just missing too many shots lately.

PS: Sensibility is a synonymous of sensitivity, so ha!
At least that's what the dictionary says!

So I reinstalled team fortress 2 but on the right corner there is a listing of my fps, ping, in, out and what not.

How do I get that off?

Its very annoying.

Soooo... I'm at a loss on how to re-organize my inventory.

I like keeping all of one class's items in a row. But with the last update, the Scout now has 1 too many items to all fit in one row. So I thought about giving each class 2 rows... But this does not work with my setup.

I like keeping my first page empty for new drops, 1 page dedicated to hats & misc, and one for crates & metals. If I double space, it doesn't work very well. There's only 5 rows per page, and even if I account for the gap on the next page to continue the last page items, there's just not enough room to fit on 3 pages.

Wat do?! No I will not buy the 100 space inventory upgrade.

http://tf2b.com/?id=76561197973207923

I need to be organiiiiized!

Nikolai13

Neo Member
ArtistDude88 said:
Soooo... I'm at a loss on how to re-organize my inventory.

I like keeping all of one class's items in a row. But with the last update, the Scout now has 1 too many items to all fit in one row. So I thought about giving each class 2 rows... But this does not work with my setup.

I like keeping my first page empty for new drops, 1 page dedicated to hats & misc, and one for crates & metals. If I double space, it doesn't work very well. There's only 5 rows per page, and even if I account for the gap on the next page to continue the last page items, there's just not enough room to fit on 3 pages.

Wat do?! No I will not buy the 100 space inventory upgrade.

http://tf2b.com/?id=76561197973207923

I need to be organiiiiized!

How about doing your class weapons in columns rather than rows?

Yeef

I had to rearrange my backpack for the same reason Artist. I nearly bought an extra page, but decided against it in the hopes that Valve gives us another free one sometime soon. I also had to delete a half a page of crates, but that was no big loss. Spy is still on scrunched up with Misc. but other than that it works great.

http://www.tf2b.com/yeef

[Edit] NEW PAGE!

GAF TF2 Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Neogaf-TF2
GAF TF2 SERVER: tf2.langui.sh or 174.143.208.222:27015

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, here is how I have them ordered, maybe use my idea?

http://www.tf2items.com/id/Drkirby

Page 1 has stuff to be crafted, Page 2 has Hats and Misc, Page 3 has all Weapons released since the Mann Co. Update, Page 4 has just been cleared out to hold future weapons, Page 5 Holds every Vintage Pre-Mann Co item, and Page 6 hold action items and metal (Along with all the Halloween stuff)

The items on Pages 3 and 5 are ordered by Class, and then by slot, and then by oldest to newest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom