• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got ripped off, but not "that" bad. I dunno where you would find "several unusuals" for the price of ear buds, unless that was a joke.

Edit: Gah Mace beat me there too with an edit.

Notrollious said:
What could I get for an Unusual Bombing Run? Scout is my least used class since I don't like it.

I'm still new to this whole hat/trading bidness.

I just see now that Mace beat me to it, but yes, the effects are tiered when it comes to trading. They matter more than the actual hat, with the exception of a few "works ironically" hats, like the Safe and Sound being a "Peace and Quiet", a Pyromancer's Skull with flies (or even a Tavish crown, "Lord of the Flies,") etc.

The magnificient mongolian was the hat I have been craving and one I didn't want to purchase.

I haaaate the unusuals' aesthetic.

I adore the fact that someone has sat down to work out the value of each hat.

I am now done collecting hates, I am happy with my haul of 44.

leroidys

I really, really hope they do something big for a Red Orchestra 2 pre-order bonus. They have already done a crossover with Tripwire for killing floor. RO is my favorite FPS ever, but the player base is (and has always been) depressingly small. Something akin to the Shogun 2 bonus would get a lot of people to pull the trigger and jump in.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeef said:
I don't think there will be a pre-order bonus. I think we'll see achievement items instead.
I am still expecting the pin, but you could very well be right. At the very least then I wouldn't have to worry about missing the items.

Heavy's Sandvich said:
147fpu.png

I like this. MAKE IT SO, VALVE!

El'Kharn

Am wondering if anyone can help me with an issue my wife is having with Tf2. She has a HP Dv6 3030 tx laptop and when she try's to play the sound absolutely will not go through her headphones. I've put the headphones as default (windows 7) in system settings as well as in game but i got nfi why it refuses to work. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nikolai13

Neo Member
El'Kharn said:
Am wondering if anyone can help me with an issue my wife is having with Tf2. She has a HP Dv6 3030 tx laptop and when she try's to play the sound absolutely will not go through her headphones. I've put the headphones as default (windows 7) in system settings as well as in game but i got nfi why it refuses to work. any help would be greatly appreciated.

did you try editing the audio settings in steam/in-game?

Yeef

corn_fest said:
Seems so. I was hoping there would be some games tonight...
There were games. Then the server crashed, so I rebooted it and no one came back except Spec and Technomancer. ;(

It's been a while since I played 2fort, man that map brings all the shittiest player you can meet. At least I got a new record for damage as an Engineer (5028).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
wartime1020 said:
So is the server name set to "Team Fortress 2 Arena Server" or am I just crazy?
Server must of crashed really hard, that is what it was when it was first set up for tests.

Proven

Drkirby said:
Server must of crashed really hard, that is what it was when it was first set up for tests.
Oh! That's why. I was about to jump on last night but when I saw that the few gaffers still playing were on an Arena server, I decided to just head upstairs early that night.

Oreoleo

wartime1020 said:
So is the server name set to "Team Fortress 2 Arena Server" or am I just crazy?
I noticed the other day the server switched to that name while we were on an arena map, then I,m pretty sure it switched back once we left arena.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Orellio said:
I noticed the other day the server switched to that name while we were on an arena map, then I,m pretty sure it switched back once we left arena.
I'll change the map real quick, lets see if the name changes.

Edit: Yep, server name changed. Maybe that Arena configure file already changes the servers name.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Sgt.Pepper said:
It's been a while since I played 2fort, man that map brings all the shittiest player you can meet. At least I got a new record for damage as an Engineer (5028).
My current best run as an engineer was racking up 128 kills by building in that little shed right in front of the spawn on Thunder Mountain 1
It was the worst Blu team I've ever played against, they just kept running in front of me for like ten minutes.

IceMarker

Drkirby said:
I'll change the map real quick, lets see if the name changes.

Edit: Yep, server name changed. Maybe that Arena configure file already changes the servers name.
Arena mode has a forced seperate server .cfg, make sure you set the server name in the file.

JonCha

So I bought this a while ago and it was the craziest things I ever seen. I couldn't get into it. Do people still play on here?

Yeef

570DFCF691871F09039EE4E83CAE893FAA656E12
We got a whodunnit on our hands! Someone killed this Spy in cold blood! Find the clues and see if you can tell who! (Hint: BLUE PENIS)

JonCha said:
So I bought this a while ago and it was the craziest things I ever seen. I couldn't get into it. Do people still play on here?
Yes.

tf2.langui.sh is the server address. We play just about every night at 9PM Eastern.

The Technomancer

JonCha said:
Yeah, all the time. If you want a good time, try hopping on the GAF server later tonight.

gotee12

The_Technomancer said:
Yeah, all the time. If you want a good time, try hopping on the GAF server later tonight.
How forgiving is the GAF community? I bought TF2 during the last Christmas sale and have just started playing over the last week. It's the most mp fun I've ever had but I'm still incredibly noobish...

Nabs

gotee12 said:
How forgiving is the GAF community? I bought TF2 during the last Christmas sale and have just started playing over the last week. It's the most mp fun I've ever had but I'm still incredibly noobish...
Don't stress it. Come play with us.

The Technomancer

gotee12 said:
Dude, its GAF, what do you think? :p
Hop on, have fun.

gotee12 said:

I think if you let them know who you are and that you're new, they'll take it easy on you and help you out with advice.

If you just pop on anonymously, they'll play at their normal level, which is much higher than the average pub server.

The Technomancer

gotee12 said:
That's what I'm afraid of! lol
We (and by we I mean most people except me) tend to be better then your average casual players, but you're also not going to get yelled at or griefed because you're new to the game. Its a very casual atmosphere.

You will die a lot though in TF2, weather you're a vet or a new player. Don't think you suck because you die every thirty seconds.

Blizzard

Banned
gotee12 said:
We're pro. ULTRA pro. *flex*

(Most people are silly and won't mind too much especially if they know you're new. I'll complain about everything but secretly I will love you. n0b will be very angry when you fail, but don't worry, he'll ragequit once a payload map comes up. Such are the days of our lives, on the TF2 Serverz.)

Proven

Kulock said:
I think if you let them know who you are and that you're new, they'll take it easy on you and help you out with advice.

If you just pop on anonymously, they'll play at their normal level, which is much higher than the average pub server.

Pretty much. Some people will even off class (not me) to help show you the ropes or give you a partner in crime to run the map with (better do as I say).

opticalmace said:
What's the effect? It actually matters a lot.

I would suggest you think carefully before you trade it. Put up a post on the steam tf2 trading forum and see what you're offered. A pic would help to get good bids.

I'm pretty sure you can't get several unusuals for a buds (unless someone is very ignorant), but yeah, you could've gotten quite a bit more for it.

Kulock said:
I just see now that Mace beat me to it, but yes, the effects are tiered when it comes to trading. They matter more than the actual hat, with the exception of a few "works ironically" hats, like the Safe and Sound being a "Peace and Quiet", a Pyromancer's Skull with flies (or even a Tavish crown, "Lord of the Flies,") etc.

hJln5.jpg

Again I am still relatively new to this whole thing.

Notrollious said:
hJln5.jpg

Again I am still relatively new to this whole thing.

Sorry, I don't think that's a very good one. I think Flies is regarded as the worst effect, or one of the worst anyway. It's still an unusual, so it's still more valuable than any single vintage hat (other than a Vintage Bill's I guess), but as unusuals go I think it's low tier.

You might be able to squeeze more out of a trade if you use a nametag on it and give it an ironic name, like "Flying Ace". That does honestly help I think. (Name tags generally trade for just 1 Reclaimed, they also drop normally.)

Hey all. I got a new computer recently, which means I can start playing TF2 again! I'm way behind with regards towards all the updates, but it doesn't matter. I'm going to try and hop on the GAF server tonight, so hopefully I'll see some of you on. I think my name on Steam is SavetheTurtles right now, so if you see that, it is me! Otherwise, I'll probably lurk this thread for a bit until I come to terms with all the updated content. Last time I played was vanilla TF2 I think. Back when the Orange Box came out (so long ago too, it is crazy. Can't wait for Portal 2).

Kulock said:
Sorry, I don't think that's a very good one. I think Flies is regarded as the worst effect, or one of the worst anyway. It's still an unusual, so it's still more valuable than any single vintage hat (other than a Vintage Bill's I guess), but as unusuals go I think it's low tier.

You might be able to squeeze more out of a trade if you use a nametag on it and give it an ironic name, like "Flying Ace". That does honestly help I think. (Name tags generally trade for just 1 Reclaimed, they also drop normally.)

Nah it's cool. Scout is my least played class, so I wanted to see what I could get for it. Got a couple offers via pm so I'll look into those

leroidys

FFFFFFFuuuuu can't make it for a second night in a row. Weekend gaf server is the best. And I'm missing out on inducting the freshmeat :(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
ArtistDude88 said:
Yay new people for the GAF server :D

Prepare for maximum janky-ness!
I still say the server we run the game on is actually having problems keeping up, lot of odd lag when the player count is high, even though the pings are all low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom