• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goon Boon

Banned
Well alot of people liked it before it became a crate hat, but now that so many hats have been in crates its a non issue (also it is the best medic hat in my opinion except for that set hat).

Proven

Hazaro said:
It's because you play medic :lol

Playing against wartiem sux, I wonder what playing against myself feels like.
Depends on whether or not you're on my team... and whether or not you're playing Sniper while I'm not playing Soldier

Drkirby said:
I have two extra Warfans and one extra half zatoichi if anyone needs one.
I need one, although I'm not sure I have much to offer. Which site do you guys prefer for showing off items again?

Nikolai13 said:
I hope your kills haven't dipped since I went MIA :p

BTW, have you gotten the 1 million fire damage as pyro achievement yet?

I think my Spy mojo is gone again, or the server has learned my wily ways. And nope... I've been trying though... I'm around 450k :(

ArtistDude88 said:
I think my Spy mojo is gone again, or the server has learned my wily ways. And nope... I've been trying though... I'm around 450k :(
What's your Pyro playtime? I'm around 15 hours and I'm slightly above 500K.

Forkball

opticalmace said:
I want to get some copies for friends, does anyone know if I can find some old retail copies on clearance somewhere? Or maybe there's a sale coming up? I'm in Canada so I can't order the $10 copies from Amazon.com.
Best Buy has them for $10 as well. But yeah, the 200th update is the next one, so people are suspecting they will do something big with it. Although I wouldn't be surprised if it is delayed a bit since the 100th update turned out to be the 119th update, and some unexpected things came about such as the Japan earthquake relief items. Honestly, they HAVE to do some sort of Portal 2 bonus, and the game comes out in about two weeks, so it's gotta be soon, right? RIGHT?

desh

Forkball said:
Best Buy has them for $10 as well. But yeah, the 200th update is the next one, so people are suspecting they will do something big with it. Although I wouldn't be surprised if it is delayed a bit since the 100th update turned out to be the 119th update, and some unexpected things came about such as the Japan earthquake relief items. Honestly, they HAVE to do some sort of Portal 2 bonus, and the game comes out in about two weeks, so it's gotta be soon, right? RIGHT?

I know. Right.

Sgt.Pepper said:
What's your Pyro playtime? I'm around 15 hours and I'm slightly above 500K.

I have... 35 hours as Pyro, and 25k away from 500k :S

Man I feel bad. Not to mention I've reset my stats twice... So I probably have a lot more than 35 hours on him lol...

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
The next update will be on the 6th. It will, at minimum, add the Potato hat and remove the Japan charity hats from the store. I don't expect much more than that, because this is Valve we're talking about; they won't get around to it until about Patch #231 or something.

Got a tip from a high ranked modeler who works closely with Valve over at Facepunch. A new huge update has been in the works for the last few months and was finished before Valve went on vacation last week. It is expected to be released this week to celebrate the 200th update, and is the reason that the Potato hat was delayed to the 5th.

Contents will be the Electric Pack for Engineer, plus several "bonus" Polycount contest items (not tied to set bonuses), new hats (including the Potato), new noisemakers, possibly new achievements, possibly PL_Barnblitz, possibly Meet the Medic.

This is rumored to be one of the largest updates Valve has done to the game, and is believed to be on the same level as class specific updates in terms of production values (like taunts, voice clips, etc).

But this is all rumor and may not happen. Just tipping off you guys to the latest gossip from around the TF2 community. And not just random SPUF threads either, this comes from a fairly reliable source.

PS: I love the Engineer set. That entry really deserved to be added.

snack

balladofwindfishes said:
Got a tip from a high ranked modeler who works closely with Valve over at Facepunch. A new huge update has been in the works for the last few months and was finished before Valve went on vacation last week. It is expected to be released this week to celebrate the 200th update, and is the reason that the Potato hat was delayed to the 5th.

Contents will be the Electric Pack for Engineer, plus several "bonus" Polycount contest items (not tied to set bonuses), new hats (including the Potato), new noisemakers, possibly new achievements, possibly PL_Barnblitz, possibly Meet the Medic.

This is rumored to be one of the largest updates Valve has done to the game, and is believed to be on the same level as class specific updates in terms of production values (like taunts, voice clips, etc).

But this is all rumor and may not happen. Just tipping off you guys to the latest gossip from around the TF2 community. And not just random SPUF threads either, this comes from a fairly reliable source.

Awesome!

leroidys

balladofwindfishes said:

Damn how did the stupid soldier set make it in over that one? Would be awesome if this rumor is true.

Proven

It's possible that the rumor is true... The last really big update they did was the Engineer update. Since then, they just added the store/trading, and then have been pushing out community designed stuff in between balance and beta updates.

At the very least I want the beta Backburner already.

Blizzard

Banned
I checked, and I do have all of the sniper, heavy, pyro, and spy achievements. For pyro, I supposedly have just under 100 hours played, so I'd guess it took me 70-80 hours to get the achievement.

Dug

Banned
balladofwindfishes said:

KOqMF.png

Awesome, MORE items...

When I can't even get my hands on the stupid Shogun set because of the broken ass drop system.

Clydefrog

balladofwindfishes said:

wow! JAWESOME

but guess what? this
6XTow.jpg

SIMPSONS DID IT
KG7M5.jpg

Evlar

Banned
I figured everything was being delayed while all hands were on deck for the final Portal 2 push. Hope the rumor is true.

EDIT: Certainly looks more than rumor, heh.

Forkball

balladofwindfishes said:

I will kick you in the face if this isn't true.

Also, SPUF is going crazy over this post.

I hope it includes the new replay editor from the beta. That seems done and polished, and I haven't heard of any big problems with it. It's really nice to have, and I think will even settle a few "How the hell did they just get me?" moments, since you can see it from their point of view.

It will finally confirm that some Spies can actually phase through solid matter.

ArtistDude88 said:
I have... 35 hours as Pyro, and 25k away from 500k :S

Man I feel bad. Not to mention I've reset my stats twice... So I probably have a lot more than 35 hours on him lol...
I have a lot, but I was wrong. I'm around 400K, which I got using mostly backburner.

Yeef

I finished up the Spy Master (1000 backstabs) achievement. It was ridiculous how many backs I was getting on Egypt. There was this one sniper that had the razorback on and he'd always be in the way between me and backs, but I managed to kill him a few times without being noticed and continue consuming backs.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeef said:
I finished up the Spy Master (1000 backstabs) achievement. It was ridiculous how many backs I was getting on Egypt. There was this one sniper that had the razorback on and he'd always be in the way between me and backs, but I managed to kill him a few times without being noticed and continue consuming backs.
Stop hacking Yeef :mad:

I got a rare engineer achievement.

Bluth54

Hopefully that rumor is true, that Polycount pack looks great.

leroidys said:
I traded a ze goggles for a noh mercy a couple days ago. both were yellow text. seems like a good trade to me! Is ze goggles super rare or something? Its not even the best medic hat.
I think it's the best medic hat.

Then again Ghostbusters is my favorite movie of all time.

I love the SPUF post. haha.

I think I'm going to spend today going through the TF2 wiki. So many items and hats. I need to understand. Also, I don't think I was terrible last night! Yay!!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
balladofwindfishes said:
Anywhere you see Ned_Ballad, that's me.

A lot of sites wont let me use Balladofwindfishes because it's too long, so I use Ned_Ballad.
So, where did you hear this rumor, or did you just want to yank the SPUF chain.

Drkirby said:
NeoDement (skullcutter, wiki cap, kill icons, close communication with Valve) posted something on Facepunch about a new update, teasing the things I listed.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I hope they do the update today and not tomorrow. I want it now!

But the Potato Hat is after April 5th.

Also, now Facepunch is quoting you!

(PS: Just what is your Steam User name, I don't know which TF2 player to connect your user name to)

Forkball

Drkirby said:
He explained it in his post.

balladofthewindfishes said:
Got a tip from a high ranked modeler who works closely with Valve over at Facepunch.

Anyways, if ballad isn't a lying asshole, I suspect it would be released on Thursday since I don't think they'd upload the items before the drop count resets for this week. It would also make sense to have the update hit Thursday, and then have a TF2 weekend deal/free weekend on the same day.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
While they do normally do it on Thursday, I want it now :/

Maybe they will redo the drop system/reset the cap early! I could of been something that was supposed to come out the 31st but had the finish date slip. (Which would explain why the Potato hat didn't go live the day the Potato pack did)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
A few of these look like they could pass for TF2 Achievements

Rush_potato.png

Mainly the Band Aid and the Tea. I was thinking a few days ago the Spy or Medic should have a cup of Tea as a food item, I just couldn't think of anything it could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom