• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It was the map where Java and someone else was holding red off in their spawn room. I would of pushed it if I wasn't a spy.

Blizzard

Banned
Drkirby said:
It was the map where Java and someone else was holding red off in their spawn room. I would of pushed it if I wasn't a spy.
It's okay, we got our sweet revenge for Oreojava's spawn camping by stickying their spawn a few maps later, I think. >:D

Nikolai13

Neo Member
Drkirby said:
I am still annoyed we did not get the second capture of Upward. We had it, and then no one pushed the cart.

Yeah, I was a tad disappointed. I should've switched classes, but I didn't want to sacrifice our teleporter

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Blizzard said:
It's okay, we got our sweet revenge for Oreojava's spawn camping by stickying their spawn a few maps later, I think. >:D
Oh that reminds me, we got Rolled bad on Gold Rush. Horrible.

Blizzard

Banned
Heavy's Sandvich said:
Yep you have to play all.

I didn't play for that long on each, I'm sure you can just fire it up and hat would be enough.
Am I the only one who still thinks it's lame you have to buy 13 non-Portal 2 games to get a Portal 2 pin, but preordering Portal 2 gets you nothing (yet)? ;_____;

Clydefrog

Blizzard said:
Am I the only one who still thinks it's lame you have to buy 13 non-Portal 2 games to get a Portal 2 pin, but preordering Portal 2 gets you nothing (yet)? ;_____;

No, you're not the only one. It makes no sense. But I haven't pre-ordered Portal 2, so what do I care?

Audiosurf is a fun game! I bought it over a year ago

TF2FoundPartyPhantomLink.jpg

I had one a long while back from the Holiday Crates, but a good trade made me part with it. Nice to have one again, although I still hate having to choose between it and my Camera Beard.

Kulock said:
TF2FoundPartyPhantomLink.jpg

I had one a long while back from the Holiday Crates, but a good trade made me part with it. Nice to have one again, although I still hate having to choose between it and my Camera Beard.

Nice find! I wanted one of those, but I just love my beard too much. I don't think I'd wear the mask, lol.

Dante23 said:
You are a bad person, how are you so heartless that you stick not two but three arrows in the head of my pyro? : (

I shall bring the shame to Sgt Pepper.

http://i.imgur.com/XDVT1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
That was pretty funny, since you were behind the crates I didn't see you.

That reminds me, I wonder if bacon managed to kill someone with the Heavy's taunt.

Forkball

The only taunt kill achievement I ever got was the Sniper's skewer. It's the fastest taunt kill so I guess it's the easiest one to get. I've actually killed a few people with the attack, it's easier at the gate in the first stage of Dustbowl and in Degroot.

Clydefrog

Forkball said:
The only taunt kill achievement I ever got was the Sniper's skewer. It's the fastest taunt kill so I guess it's the easiest one to get. I've actually killed a few people with the attack, it's easier at the gate in the first stage of Dustbowl and in Degroot.

My favorite time to do it is after I lose a round and the other team is looking for free kills. I hide behind a corner and, when I see someone coming, I HIT IT! Works about 1/10 times.

Dante23

Sgt.Pepper said:
That was pretty funny, since you were behind the crates I didn't see you.

That reminds me, I wonder if bacon managed to kill someone with the Heavy's taunt.

I think the only taunt that manages to crack me up as the first time is the hadouken one, its just hilarious. But now that I think about it the soldier's one if done right can be just as hilarious.

If I remember correctly, bacon was trying to taunt kill me with the scout, or trying to kill me with the ball, but I managed to hadouken'd his ass :).

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Dumbass snipers camping 2fort are great bait for taunt kills.

Blizzard

Banned
Dante23 said:
I think the only taunt that manages to crack me up as the first time is the hadouken one, its just hilarious. But now that I think about it the soldier's one if done right can be just as hilarious.

If I remember correctly, bacon was trying to taunt kill me with the scout, or trying to kill me with the ball, but I managed to hadouken'd his ass :).
I did finally manage to scout-taunt-bat a sniper like a hundred feet out a window on doublecross which made me happy.

Two of my happiest tauntkill memories are hadouken ones though. I think one was a game where we were either being spawncamped or else we had lost horribly but still had a few pyros left alive. We had like 3 pyros lined up inside our spawn entrance doing hadouken taunts, and I think like 4 of the other team came rushing in and got toasted before we died.

The other hadouken one was on goldrush offense I think, Javaman had built an engineer nest at the bottom of the stairs that go up to the sniper nest on the right side, and for some reason I got ubered as a pyro. He saw it coming too late and was trapped in by his buildings, and I hadoukened like him and 2-3 buildings all at the same time. XD

I crafted the Sight for Sore Eyes last night! Totally didn't expect it. They are the new pyro googly eyes.

People have been giving me offers and I'm thinking about trading them actually.

derFeef

Portal pin aquired, thanks guys! I in fact just needed to boot up 3 games because I have played everything else before it seems.

Ceebs

opticalmace said:
I crafted the Sight for Sore Eyes last night! Totally didn't expect it. They are the new pyro googly eyes.

I am tempted to craft some of my metal into a hat, but the rational side of me says to just keep stockpiling it and just buy the new hats I want for like 3 refined in a month or 2.

Clydefrog

opticalmace said:

sweet, dude!

i'd trade it while it's hot

Volcynika

Not sure if anyone posted it yet, but charity results

Nice work, everyone! We're excited to share that, thanks to the generosity of the TF community, in two short weeks we managed to collect $430,543.65 for the Japanese disaster relief fund. It's been inspiring to watch gamers around the world come together for such a worthy cause.

We'd also like to give a special thanks to the good folks over at the Unusual Hats Club for taking it upon themselves to raise an additional $3,000 through their own Hats for Help campaign.

Thanks for taking part in our charity drive, everyone! Wear your hats with pride!

Meet the Medic is a long ways away, however Valve plans to dig into the backlog of quality contributions and start added them more frequently. They have a decent number of them lined up and are going to release them every so often when they feel like it.

More here

Forkball

Never underestimate the power of hats.

Fun fact: Albania, Laos, and North Korea donated less than that amount combined. TF 2 Community > those countries.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
opticalmace said:

Well shit I wouldn't mind trading some shit for it.

balladofwindfishes said:
Christmas set weapons and the hats that go with the weapons are 50% off.

I'm not sure how long the sale is going to go for.

They should have those sale prices stay forever, even lower them more. $9.99 for the bear claws? (laughs) The only weapons you should consider buying from the store would be the jumpers. Everything else is overpriced junk that you can easily get.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Sgt.Pepper said:
None of the charity hats can be traded. The ones who donated are the one who got them.
Yep, unless they change it in a few days, should stay like that, which I am fine with.

Also, on anther note, I am going to make the prediction now that the ARG will "Revive" GLADoS, since the pin is called "Resurrection Associate Pin"

Clydefrog said:
sweet, dude!

i'd trade it while it's hot
Good idea! Some guy offered me earbuds for it. I accepted!

I somehow also ended up with a medic mountain hat and someone offered me a Genuine Geisha Boy for it, I also accepted. Cool!

Oreoleo

Blizzard said:

I still say we weren't really spawn camping! Java and I would hang around the corner where engies usually build, and I'd jump out once in a while to get people AFTER they exited spawn!

Borsalino on the other hand lays a whole mess of stickies right at the spawn door and stands there waiting for people to come out :|

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Odd, seems like the servers for TF2 are down right now. Can't connect to servers and such. Maybe, anther patch!!! Or just maintenance/ they don' broke it.

Oreoleo

Drkirby said:
Odd, seems like the servers for TF2 are down right now. Can't connect to servers and such. Maybe, anther patch!!! Or just maintenance/ they don' broke it.

Servers show for me just fine.

Yeef

I'm doing some stuff to the server. Should be done soon...

The server is now at tf2.langui.sh. I keep forgetting to get a mod to change that.

Hmm, I log in and off a few times, it said I wasn't connected to Steam everytime.

Edit: I closed Steam and tried again, same shit. I can't changed my loadout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom