• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Only person I can think of is Kak, due to him not playing TF2 in forever. I am pretty sure he preorded Shogun 2, since he is always playing it. No clue if you know who I am talking about or not though.

snack

Drkirby said:
Only person I can think of is Kak, due to him not playing TF2 in forever. I am pretty sure he preorded Shogun 2, since he is always playing it. No clue if you know who I am talking about or not though.
KakTheInfected?

Nikolai13

Neo Member
Not sure if this has been brought up, but what does everyone think of the new hats? Has anyone traded (wow, the prices are high) or crafted any yet?

Ceebs

Nikolai13 said:
Not sure if this has been brought up, but what does everyone think of the new hats? Has anyone traded (wow, the prices are high) or crafted any yet?
Will be trading for a Grimm Hatte once the price comes down to like 4 refiend to pair with the Blighted Beak.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It will come down eventually. I think I am going to try and grab that eye, once you can change the style to make it a robot eye it should be awesome.

Now, lets play some TF2!

I just need 1 for ref and 3 engi weapons so I can try my luck. If I get another I'll trade the hat for some keys and then the keys for some ref and keep trying until I get that Teddy.

I crafted the Big Country, it looks great on the Engineer, but I wanted one of the Googly Eyes sets or the Teddy. So I traded and had the Pyro's Sore Eyes very briefly, like for a minute, but I figure those will get cheaper faster than the Engineer version, and someone had the trade ready for the Engineer version immediately, so I didn't get a chance to enjoy them. I'm going to see if I like the Engineer Googly Eye, and if not I'll swap for the bear if I can, or just cash in for more lasting trade investments.

I liked the Polycount version of the Professor's, but they kind of botched it up trying to avoid legal problems. Especially those glasses.

Yeef

Drkirby said:
Didn't even bother to look at the bat.

Yeef, Sandman is brown, the normal Bat is Metal)
During huliliation all weapons glow in the winning team's color (red). Your brown vs. metal doesn't work for that picture!

Drkirby said:
Hey Yeef, why not just make the Custom Maps show up on normal votes?
That was the way I had it originally, and people would get mad when every option was some map they never heard of.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Do it anyway. Gather up all the custom maps to one zip file, have people download it, and those who don't can just download it the normal way of one at a time.

Have any of you worn headphones while leaving it to "join server when a spot is available"? I did a while ago and the noise when it accepts you in almost gave me a heart attack. Goddamn.

Yup, I crashed, too.

I finally equipped the kritz. I feel so vulnerable without an Uber. It also feels like I'm cheating on the Medigun.

Javaman

dragonlife29 said:
Yup, I crashed, too.

I finally equipped the kritz. I feel so vulnerable without an Uber. It also feels like I'm cheating on the Medigun.

When used on the right person it is carnage incarnate.

Since the gaf server never let me connect after hoodoo I decided to farm My Brilliant Career in 2fort, I was doing so well then this shit happens.

4EAF2872A66E825FBC438BA408B0D9C9FA9F25C4

THREE TIMES

At least I got Jumper Stumper.

dragonlife29 said:
Have any of you worn headphones while leaving it to "join server when a spot is available"? I did a while ago and the noise when it accepts you in almost gave me a heart attack. Goddamn.

I fucking hate it. It seems so much louder than the rest of the game noises.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Mmmmmmmm love those Kritz, Dragonlife.

dragonlife29 said:

I get silence... unless you're playing on another server or something when it switches, I've never done that.

Blizzard

Banned
Borgnine said:

I get silence... unless you're playing on another server or something when it switches, I've never done that.
Yeah, it might be if you're in another server or have the game started. You get this really loud BZZDLLWHOOT noise that scares you half to death. D8

Borgnine said:

If we're on the same team you'll get used to it, I think. I'm warming up to it a lot. I think I'll keep using it for a while.

And damn, I love being an aggressive attacker with the Medic now. It feels so gooood killing enemies as him, haha. I even got Placebo Effect (kill two enemies while having an ubercharge ready but undeployed) :eek: I never thought I'd get that or Group Health legitimately. Tonight was a good night! I still need to work on getting the damn saw out, though. Curse my slow fingers!

As for the noise, I got it while I wasn't playing anything, so I don't know.

And sorry Carl Sagan on that last map. I kept seeing you as Spy :p SO CLOSE!

After dicking around for a while in a trade server (around 1-2 hours) I finally got someone who traded me a fez for 3 ref. :D

And there was a Speculawyer special appearance.

Edit: And my stats are such bullshit right now, smh.

TF2EngineerGoogly.jpg

Wonderfully horrifying. If there's one thing I don't like about it, it's that it pretty much is 1/2 of a weapon idea I had for the Demoman. I mean it's sort of obvious, but this really tromps on its toes. But I'm obviously not going to hate it for that.

I have the most amazing idea for a map... But it goes way beyond my n00b Hammer skillz. But then again, I've heard that Cashworks is the first map that it's creator made...

With the amazing Brickyard under my belt, WHO KNOWS?!

MNC

ArtistDude88 said:
I have the most amazing idea for a map... But it goes way beyond my n00b Hammer skillz. But then again, I've heard that Cashworks is the first map that it's creator made...

Just practice for a bit and make some small maps, don't release them. Build on the knowledge you have and soon you'll be releasing community maps :) I love Hammering.

You could also let the GAF server test-run it for feedback instead of not releasing them. I'm sure we'd help you out. You did that for your other map, right? I think I caught wind of that one time while playing, but I'm not sure.

ArtistDude88 said:

go for it dude if not a good map we'll get something to talk about :)

Yeef

ArtistDude88 said:

That explains why it's so poorly optimized!

Kulock said:
http://www.mooglecavern.com/gaf/TF2EngineerGoogly.jpg

Wonderfully horrifying. If there's one thing I don't like about it, it's that it pretty much is 1/2 of a weapon idea I had for the Demoman. I mean it's sort of obvious, but this really tromps on its toes. But I'm obviously not going to hate it for that.
A lot of the reason it looks so horrifying is because Valve messed up some of the materials, giving it odd lighting and less details than the one submitted.

EDIT: Why is it when I see screenshots posted in this thread, they're usually at the absolute lowest settings that you can have the game at.

Yeef

I got some nice screens last night. Remember this? A heavy spy capping? How ridiculous! lol

Team_Fortress_2-20090405151136.png

balladofwindfishes said:
EDIT: Why is it when I see screenshots posted in this thread, they're usually at the absolute lowest settings that you can have the game at.
No idea what you're talking about.

Ahhhhhh! Burn it!

I guess I can show you guys the futility of my previous (and only) PC before I upgraded to my current (and actually GAMING) PC.

kIN9d.jpg

It was a simple 2005 PC and it was the only one I've ever had before I upgraded last December. I must have been stuck at the campaign intro for over 5 minutes. What's even funnier is that at 2 FPS, I managed to get an Achievement, haha. The one for killing a Spitter before she could spit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom