• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreoleo

Charron said:
I hope they turn to X's when he dies.

i-cant-see-shit.jpg

Me too :3

Edit: I find my own post offensive now that I realize Ray Charles is dead. Being blind doesn't even enter into it.

Orellio said:
This is really annoying. It seems like 90% of the time my drops are the same 6-8 items. KGB, buff banner, buff banner, kritzkrieg, backburner, KGB, sandman, backburner, buff banner, kritzkrieg etc etc I can't stand it.

As of late I've been getting an awful lot of boston bashers. But I don't mind much since it makes it easier to pair up to make metal lol.

Clydefrog

Ceebs said:
Also I just saw the posts about Swiftwater. That map looks really cool. We should give it a try sometime.

I think you're the fourth person to mention this, including myself. Who do we contact to get this map added into the rotation?

Baha

Clydefrog said:
I think you're the fourth person to mention this, including myself. Who do we contact to get this map added into the rotation?

I think it's already on the server, we just need to nominate it more often before map voting begins.

Yeef

I must have that Teddy bear!

Also, for new maps Remy may have to put them on; I don't think I have access. I'll play around with it tomorrow during the day when the server's empty. If there are any other maps you guys want just let me know.

Also, I'm thinking of removing the option to extend maps in favor of just adding an extra map option in its place. A lot of people seem to get annoyed when 3 or 4 or the 6 maps are ones they don't want to play (also, you all have horrible taste in maps).

Additionally, I upped the timelimit to 45 minutes on Monday because people were complaining about not getting a chance to attack/defend after long games.

Orellio said:
This is really annoying. It seems like 90% of the time my drops are the same 6-8 items. KGB, buff banner, buff banner, kritzkrieg, backburner, KGB, sandman, backburner, buff banner, kritzkrieg etc etc I can't stand it.
I got three Eyelander's last night. Last week, I got two pair of gunboats in a row. honestly, though, I'd rather have lots of the same items than no items. There was one week, a couple of months ago where all I got the entire week was a cloak and dagger and two crates. ;(

Ceebs

Yeef said:

Also, for new maps Remy may have to put them on; I don't think I have access. I'll play around with it tomorrow during the day when the server's empty. If there are any other maps you guys want just let me know.

Also, I'm thinking of removing the option to extend maps in favor of just adding an extra map option in its place. A lot of people seem to get annoyed when 3 or 4 or the 6 maps are ones they don't want to play (also, you all have horrible taste in maps).

Additionally, I upped the timelimit to 45 minutes on Monday because people were complaining about not getting a chance to attack/defend after long games.

I got three Eyelander's last night. Last week, I got two pair of gunboats in a row. honestly, though, I'd rather have lots of the same items than no items. There was one week, a couple of months ago where all I got the entire week was a cloak and dagger and two crates. ;(
I like this idea.

I also hope this mystery update has those new payload maps in it. Payload is the bestest thing about TF2.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yep, I love Payload, though n0b strongly disagrees. Payload and Attack Defend are my two favorite modes, though It is true that the map is all about choke points, but that is why I love it. Always love it when I find that we or the enemy comes up with an unconventional choke point.

After A/D, koth is 3rd, and the rest are eh. 5 point capture tends to steam roll far to often (I have never seen badlands last most then a few minutes), a good back and forth is great though (Which is why I like Cold Front)

I don't really like CTF, due to the odd mix of attacking and defending. Someone has to stay behind to defend, while others advance to attack. Usually is fun as a spy though, which has made me realize that a Pyro really should act more as defense on CTF then attack.

Arena is pretty fun, and it is great to see it getting voted more often. The only annoying thing is when you have to sit out. Hydro should just be a Five Point Capture and be done with it.

Is there any versions to the multlipart Attack/Defend maps that join them all into one big map rather then 3 stages? Most of the maps have the points literally one after anther, would love to see what kind of dynamic pops up when you turn the maps into the huge stomping grounds.

Ceebs

I love Attack and Defend maps as well. I think I only played Dustbowl for a solid 6 months at one point. When I play CTF maps I tend to jump on the 24/7 servers since they are super relaxed so I can screw around trying the classes I am just not very good at. I am not a big fan of KOTH myself since I spend most of the match running from spawn back to the point. Arena is easily my least favorite mode (Watchtower is one of my favorite looking maps though, just wish it was a different gametype).

Yeef said:

You mind trading me one of those Eyelander? I need one to craft the katana.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Sgt.Pepper said:
Those crates.

AwsRk.jpg
What else am I supposed to do with them? It is cheaper to get a $5 TF2 account then a $5 backpack extender. Plus, the extra items when I feel like booting up my laptop are far better then playing the trading game.

dragonlife29 said:
So what's this update that's "true"? What's in it? I feel out of the loop :p
TF2 API was updated with some new hats. Some people have already had them drop, however since they're not in the game yet, they don't show up.

We're getting an update tonight that adds those items, and probably a lot more.

balladofwindfishes said:
TF2 API was updated with some new hats. Some people have already had them drop, however since they're not in the game yet, they don't show up.

We're getting an update tonight that adds those items, and probably a lot more.
How do you know it's tonight? :O

nvm, both versions of the eye are getting in, along with a new system that allows for two different styles of an item to exist

This was posted by a Valve employee on SPUF
The robot one wasn't submitted until just recently. We'll add it as an alternate appearance (a "style") once that system goes in.

Oreoleo

balladofwindfishes said:
nvm, both versions of the eye are getting in, along with a new system that allows for two different styles of an item to exist

This was posted by a Valve employee on SPUF

wtffffffff

vintage
genuine
paint
unusual effects
different styles

when will it end???

Followup from Greenmarine (Valve)
Styles let you pick between appearances. People with the white eye version will get the robot eye version as an alternate option. When they pick that option, other players will see it.

This feature is still a little ways out. It's dependent on some hat-optimizations currently in the TF2 beta that need to ship first.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Odd, just 10 hats. I wonder if they went up by mistake so they just had to push them out.

Also, the patch is small, just 17 MB. But the Potato was just 3MB, they must be getting better at keeping these hats small.

Eh?

I know the Googly Eyes, the Engy's eye, and the Grimme Hatt were all submitted with paintable textures, yet none of them are paintable...

Does Valve hate paint or something?

Drkirby said:
Odd, just 10 hats. I wonder if they went up by mistake so they just had to push them out.

Also, the patch is small, just 17 MB. But the Potato was just 3MB, they must be getting better at keeping these hats small.

They lied
Prof Pecularity doesn't appear to drop, and is not in the store

It may have been cut, or was part of a larger update that included an Engineer set, and the hats accidentally got shipped.

EDIT: It's actually part of crate series 18, so maybe it does drop? Either way, it's not in the store.

EDIT 2: Store prices just refreshed. All new hats are 13 dollars, the bear is 18.

Nikolai13

Neo Member
ArtistDude88 said:
Whoa! Well then! If anyone's interested in Elite Agent status for $10 when the free patch goes live, let me know. I have half off promo codes still!

I can't wait for my elite status. I also can't wait to play when I get home :)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
balladofwindfishes said:
Eh?

I know the Googly Eyes, the Engy's eye, and the Grimme Hatt were all submitted with paintable textures, yet none of them are paintable...

Does Valve hate paint or something?

They lied
Prof Pecularity doesn't appear to drop, and is not in the store

It may have been cut, or was part of a larger update that included an Engineer set, and the hats accidentally got shipped.

EDIT: It's actually part of crate series 18, so maybe it does drop? Either way, it's not in the store.

EDIT 2: Store prices just refreshed. All new hats are 13 dollars, the bear is 18.
That hat does show up in the Mann Co Catalog, I noticed it wasn't in the store.

Also, the Portal 2 Pin and the Resurrection Associate Pin are two different items. So the Portal 2 Pin will remain the least common item in the game (Owned by our own Dacvak)

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Drkirby said:
That hat does show up in the Mann Co Catalog, I noticed it wasn't in the store.

The update does say 9 new hats and 1 new bear, but there's 11 new items. So yea, the Doc hair went up early so maybe the proper Engie Set will appear soon and enable that hat.

Bluth54

Yeef said:
(

I would love to try Pl_Boundary.

Clydefrog

pl_boundary is a really fun map EXCEPT for the giant ramp leading up to capture point #2. it's nearly impossible with a good team against you to get up that ramp. it's a huuuuge ramp and of course every time you fail to get up it, you go allll the way back down.

but i'd love for it to be added along with pl_swiftwater_frc12

Clydefrog

Drkirby said:
I wonder if the portal pin will be handed out for pre-ordering Portal, or playing along with the ARG.

It will be inside a drop called the Companion Cube Crate, which can be opened by purchasing a Heart Key at the Mann Co store for $3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom