• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Drkirby said:
Odd, it looks like you may also get a cube pin if you preorder Portal 2. Does that mean there will be two version of that pin going around?
http://www.teamfortress.com/companioncubepin/

Maybe the one for the Potato pack will change once this one comes out?
YAY!!!!! My complaining finally paid off!

Also, bacon suggested going to the Windows 7 sound settings (control panel), in communications, and turning off the option that cuts sound by 80% when communication is active. Hopefully that fixes it. *edit* Yep, that did it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Blizzard said:
YAY!!!!! My complaining finally paid off!

Also, bacon suggested going to the Windows 7 sound settings (control panel), in communications, and turning off the option that cuts sound by 80% when communication is active. Hopefully that fixes it. *edit* Yep, that did it.
Done and done. Thought that was a glitch, didn't realize it was a feature of windows.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Forkball said:
What about the potatoes? I HAVE TWO POTATOES AND DEMAND SOMETHING.
Mystery! We will find out soon. Maybe we redeem them for prizes like tickets. With 10 of them you can get a piece of candy worth less then a penny!

Blizzard

Banned
Forkball said:
What about the potatoes? I HAVE TWO POTATOES AND DEMAND SOMETHING.
You already get a portal pin AND a potato hat for having the potato pack, AND a gold potato for getting all the potatoes. And now you want a fourth possible prize?! For all we know, your potatoes may have contributed to powering up Glados.

(I have 3 potatoes so I won't complain if there is a prize for small potatoes)

Yeef

Hazaro said:
Surprisingly good comeback for BLU on that plr stalemate map.
All glory to the HypnoYeef. I was surprised I was able to ride the cart all the way to the top uncontested. I can only assume my team was keeping the red team at bay.

Jzero

All i know is that i want my items back
LLShC.gif

Yes i've already said this like a million times

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
This glitch is back?
fishglitch.jpg

Or maybe it never went away. It used to happened to me a lot when the medieval update came out.

2Crisis

Took a few month break but I'm gonna reinstall this tonight and hopefully start playing with the TF2 gaf crew. Is the server in the OP still the right one?

Chinner

Banned
I think theres a glitch with the training achievement - if you've already completed the solly training before the update then it wont mark it as completed in the achievement counter and you're stuffed.

commissar

Chinner said:
I think theres a glitch with the training achievement - if you've already completed the solly training before the update then it wont mark it as completed in the achievement counter and you're stuffed.
You have to redo the soldier one + do the dustbowl training when prompted and you'll get it.

I saw nothing Portal related in the training either.

Speaking of Portal/Achievement whoring, I was trying to get one of those cheerful little radios up onto a ledge with me, so I flung it through two portals and then the little bastard scone'd me in the back of the head and I died :V

Yeef

Showmeyamoves said:
This glitch is back?
fishglitch.jpg

Or maybe it never went away. It used to happened to me a lot when the medieval update came out.
Never went away. I have that happen all the time, usually after I get a kill. Swapping weapons and back to the fish fixes it, but obviously you can't generally do that in medieval mode.

Yeef

So, as I'm sure everyone realized, the Hatless update broke SourceMod. The guys at allied modders already have a working update in the dev channel, but no stable release yet. From what I've heard these guys usually work fast and with any luck they'll have a stable version by the end of the day. If not, I'm sure we'll all be playing Portal 2, so it won't matter, but with that in mind I'm going to enable the in-game voting until the SourceMod stuff gets fixed.

Also, they said it was a Hatless update, but check out this cool new hat I got!

5FBB7105E69A0CA5E1DBF6A8A5075F968FAE0A31

I'm surprised Valve has let jigglebones be glitched for so long

We're almost at 6 month since we had working jigglebones.

Oh yea, and for fans of Nappers and the Tosselcap's old paint styles, they are coming next week.

Pyromancers+Orange Paint+Full Paint Style = Charizard's head

Checking the Steam forums, seems like I'm not the only one who can't access their backpack/loadout.

There seems to be a 'fix' but reading those threads seems to be temporary, when you exit TF2 you lose the access to the backpack again.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeef said:
So, as I'm sure everyone realized, the Hatless update broke SourceMod. The guys at allied modders already have a working update in the dev channel, but no stable release yet. From what I've heard these guys usually work fast and with any luck they'll have a stable version by the end of the day. If not, I'm sure we'll all be playing Portal 2, so it won't matter, but with that in mind I'm going to enable the in-game voting until the SourceMod stuff gets fixed.

IMG]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/560905960430129645/5FBB7105E69A0CA5E1DBF6A8A5075F968FAE0A31/[/IMG]
That is Hilarius.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
n0b said:
What noooooo why did they ruin my backburnerrrrr? ):
Your live with the 5% less damage, it is still "Better" then the flame thrower since you don't like using air blast, as it does 10% more damage still.

Pyromancers+Orange Paint+Full Paint Style = Charizard's head
Gah, wish I did that instead now. I quickly painted the hat purple and put it to Stylish, and I even have some Orange Paint.

Forkball

Mazer Rackham said:
been thinking of buying this, would it be ok to join you guys for some games?
Of course. I don't get why people ask this, it's not like we're some elite club.

Although TF2 is kinda borked right now because of the most recent update, so maybe wait a day or so until the fix it.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Forkball said:
Of course. I don't get why people ask this, it's not like we're some elite club.

Although TF2 is kinda borked right now because of the most recent update, so maybe wait a day or so until the fix it.

Naw, we are an elite club. We're just also very, very bad at being elite.

Clydefrog

Mazer Rackham said:
well, since I would be new to the game, I just didnt wanna be the guy that would fuck up the night by playing poorly/learning the game

just because we play a lot doesn't mean we're good ;)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Forkball said:

No reason to wait, $10 is still going to be worth $9.999 dollars tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Yeef said:

Reminds me of this hat I got.

24giq7r.jpg

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Drkirby said:
Gah, wish I did that instead now. I quickly painted the hat purple and put it to Stylish, and I even have some Orange Paint.

You can be Ridley instead. That's what I have going on.
rrqp1z.jpg

Now if I can just get those pyro eyes.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
What is being done about the lack of mic spamming ability?

What is TF2 without green peaness!?

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Borgnine said:
What is being done about the lack of mic spamming ability?

What is TF2 without green peaness!?

It's not full of country goodness I'm afraid.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
FINALLY! Freaking took 5 goddamn months. Job search is over. TF2 installing. Life is good. Not sure if I'll be on tonight since this damn thing is 10GB and needs patching, but this weekend for sure.

Artistduuuuuuuuuuuude I'm such a n00b will you be my coach? :D

Nikolai13

Neo Member
Kuro Madoushi said:
FINALLY! Freaking took 5 goddamn months. Job search is over. TF2 installing. Life is good. Not sure if I'll be on tonight since this damn thing is 10GB and needs patching, but this weekend for sure.

YAY. Glad to have you back :)

webrunner

Kuro Madoushi said:

If you're installing off of steam (which if it's 10gb it suggests it is.. i think the disc version is only a few gigs) it installs the latest version! No need to do any extra patching!

Javaman

Kuro Madoushi said:

Congrats and welcome back Kuro!

Argg... I hate being stuck with my 2fort lulz loadouts when playing on regular maps.

Like Cloak and Dagger YER Spy, or Sandman/FAN Scout. When I play on 2Fort I like to use loadouts I couldn't use well on other maps, but now I want to change them and I can't ;_;

Worst off, Medic is stuck on his medieval loadout. I'm stuck with Soldier, Demoman and Pyro who managed to have decent enough loadouts, although I wish Soldier didn't have the Concheror and had the Shotgun instead, but what am I going to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom