• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
The_Technomancer said:
Man, tonight of all nights I try to get my friend into both Steam and TF2 and both are absolutely running like crap on all fronts.
Too damn many people. Especially from "third world countries", they love free stuff, I should know. So many people I know started playing TF2 because it is free now, and they lack dollars so...

Got around to giving this a go last night. Did the tutorials and played a couple practice bot matches.

Probably spend a bit of time doing those to learn the maps and get a feel for the game modes, so I'm not completely annihilated from the get-go online.

Looks great though, loving the classic Half-Life sounds and stuff, brings me back to the old HL multiplayer.

Loot/crafting and stuff looks a little daunting, but I guess it'll make more sense when I jump online and start getting some gear.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My Client didn't crash, the server was shut down without informing us.

Yeef: "Hmmm, there seems to be a match going on. TO BAD SUCKERS, UPDATE TIME!"

*Kills Power and Laughs Maniacally*

corn_fest

Sounds like there might be a replay-related memory leak... related to the server problems, maybe?
9muCt.png

DogWelder

Drkirby said:
My Client didn't crash, the server was shut down without informing us.

Yeef: "Hmmm, there seems to be a match going on. TO BAD SUCKERS, UPDATE TIME!"

*Kills Power and Laughs Maniacally*
No, it crashed. When Yeef kicks you, you see a console message saying you were kicked by admin. Besides, Yeef kicked you on Harvest, server crashed on Hoodoo.

Yeef

I stopped the server to do the update. Then it started itself back up for some reason even though it didn't update. So, I shut it down again to try updating again. I will keep doing it until the update is successful!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeef said:
I stopped the server to do the update. Then it started itself back up for some reason even though it didn't update. So, I shut it down again to try updating again. I will keep doing it until the update is successful!
Have you tried killing the ghost in Havest with the Pain Train? I believe the problem lies there.

DogWelder

Yeef said:
Oh so you are a jerk and here I was defending you.

Bluth54

SenseiJinx said:
My TF2 won't update. =\
Yeah it seems like US servers are being hammered right now, change your download region to Europe and you should be okay (which requires you to restart Steam, even logging in was a bit iffy for me a required a few tries).

yeoz

yeoz said:
hat_bonus.jpg

WTF at the set listing like the other polycount hats. Does that mean there's a set bonus?!
So, someone told me why these hats are in sets, and I feel stupid that I didn't realize it earlier.
Since they are in sets, the old polycount-update craft set headgear recipe works for crafting these hats! Duh!
You can stick the new uber-update items into that crafting recipe to get the new hats (of course, I wasted almost all my refined metal already).

Wallach

EmCeeGramr said:
where the server at

i want the server

gimme the server

Man the forums are down over there too. I can't traaaaaaaaade

Any of you guys want a Killer's Kabuto or Hound Dog? I hardly ever touch those classes. I'd trade 'em both for a nice Scout hat, as I learn how to play the Scout. Or more accurately learn how to play not Sniper.

Firebrand

I should make hats from all the junk I've got in my backpack. What's the way to go, 3 refined or 4 + class token? I'll probably just get bald scout or something though, I'm cursed with badhattery.

Yeef

yeoz said:
I liked that video. I'm this close to posting a thread over on gaming asking for other (non-CoD?) games have dual-wielded-shotguns in them.

edit: is the server back up yet :((((((((
The server refuses to cooperate, so we've going to go pick up its family and MAKE it cooperate!

(Don't know what's wrong, maybe the update was corrupted, gonna try reapplying it).

Firebrand said:
I should make hats from all the junk I've got in my backpack. What's the way to go, 3 refined or 4 + class token? I'll probably just get bald scout or something though, I'm cursed with badhattery.

Depends if you're just looking for a hat or a specific hat. The Uber Update ones are apparently craftable with 4 + appropriate Uber weapon, according to yeez, but I have not tried it.

Grinchy

Banned
Yeef said:
Tearing can be annoying, but depending on your specs you can get stable frame rates with no tearing. I have VSync off and never get any tearing in TF2 with my max frames set to 121. In single player games and games that don't need such fast reaction time I always turn VSync on.

*edit: i think i figured out what my problem was. Windows and catalyst both thought my monitor's refresh rate was different. now things are looking really smooth without vsync. awesome!

Sweet, got my first item. I was just saying how I wished I could see enemy health so I could know who to shoot first and then I found a solemn vow item that does just that lol. The loot is making me want to play a ton of this.

BlisterBrown

Neo Member
Just lucked out and crafted the new demoknight hat. Are the new hats worth more than a normal hat? I've been out of the trading loop for awhile.

BlisterBrown said:
Just lucked out and crafted the new demoknight hat. Are the new hats worth more than a normal hat? I've been out of the trading loop for awhile.
New hats are always very expensive, so get some advice for a good trade. Or you can go to tf2tp, put on your wishlist offers, and post here what offers they are giving you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom