• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKyo

Dandare4444 said:
So, i just crafted a pocket medic, and was wondering what they are worth on the trading scene. Can anyone tell me?
It's a hot item right now but it won't be 3 months down the line.

If you're interested in trade, you could get a bunch of metal probably, multiple keys, multiple hats, etc... I doubt it would go for any of the promo items(but you could try).

Baha

Dandare4444 said:
So, i just crafted a pocket medic, and was wondering what they are worth on the trading scene. Can anyone tell me?

What craft #? They're in high demand atm so you shouldn't have a problem getting good offers for it. Try www.tf2tp.com and see what offers you get. We can tell you which ones would be worthwhile and which offers to avoid.

4ylKn.jpg

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Wallach said:
Oh my goodness, that sounds hilarious. I need to see that.

wlzps6.jpg

What I have. I haven't tried but it's possible to color the entire googly eye one color right?

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Tkawsome said:
I got some strange ticket for a Rift hat. Is this a hat I can use in TF2 or do other Steam games have hats now?

I hope you like MMO's.

Yeef

Risible said:
That's odd - asked me for a password earlier today, which is why I asked.
There was a password that we had set during the update weekend, but I had just removed it when you'd asked.

Baha

Dandare4444 said:
Cool, dunno if i wanna trade it in yet though...it's too cute :)

Considering that you have a low craft # and that it's a heavy misc, it'll still be worth a lot even if you hold onto it for a few months.

why do neither of you have the Shotgun

aka the best weapon the Pyro has

(also both the Backburner/Rake and Degreaser/Axetinguisher combos are viable for different purposes)

derFeef

I saw someone with a purple "Valve......" weapon. Could it just have been renamed? It was the big axe for the Demo, sorry don't remember the name.

Dug

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
why do neither of you have the Shotgun

aka the best weapon the Pyro has

(also both the Backburner/Rake and Degreaser/Axetinguisher combos are viable for different purposes)
Well, the thing that sucks about my combo is that when I run into another Pyro I am SOL. So you could use shotgun in that combo too, I guess.

corn_fest

derFeef said:
I saw someone with a purple "Valve......" weapon. Could it just have been renamed? It was the big axe for the Demo, sorry don't remember the name.
Not if it was purple. Probably a real employee, unless it was some kind of server mod.

Yeef

Shotgun is still the best secondary for the pyro, but the recent buff to the flare gun has made it much more viable. beta detonator could have taken the thrown, but alas.

derFeef said:
it was just the Unusual headtaker renamed, sounds like.

Valve weapons have ridiculous stats and can only be wielded by Valve employees (barring server mods) and have a darker purple than unusual items for the text.

Wallach

derFeef said:

Purple named text should be a Valve employee weapon, as name tags don't change the color of the name text.

Edit - Oh yeah, the headless horseman axe does have purple text, so it could have been one of those with a name tag.

Dug

Banned
Wallach said:
Purple named text should be a Valve employee weapon, as name tags don't change the color of the name text.

Edit - Oh yeah, the headless horseman axe does have purple text, so it could have been one of those with a name tag.
Might have been some type of serverside sponsor mod, there is a lot of those...

I was looking at crafting a HHH axe (yeah, I still have the haunted metal, big whoop, wanna fight about it?), and the craft wasn't purple in the tooltip... So I didn't craft it :S

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Blizzard said:
I think Kuro changed his name to something like "quick fix sucks" right after the update came out, so I'm not sure he can be trusted in this regard. =P

DerFeef, I may have an extra Quick-Fix. I shouldn't play tonight but if you have me on your friends list drop me an IM or something and I can trade you.
Not like I'm one of the more experienced medics on the server that played competitively or anything...

I've asked other comp players and they had nothing good to say about it.

If you're a battle medic, you already fail. A medic more focused on attack than healing = lulz.

The lack of the overheal is huge! It allows players to go off by themselves and increases survivability vs quick shit healing you faster. The overhealed class will have the advantage.

Thus, kritz and uber >>> quick shit.

Also doesn't help that players don't know what to do with the charge AND a kritz demo will destroyed a quick shit charge.

Ceebs

So I have been practicing spy on pub servers and have been doing ok with the normal knife+dead ringer. Any tips on things I should be working on to get better?

Wallach

Kuro Madoushi said:
Not like I'm one of the more experienced medics on the server that played competitively or anything...

I've asked other comp players and they had nothing good to say about it.

If you're a battle medic, you already fail. A medic more focused on attack than healing = lulz.

The lack of the overheal is huge! It allows players to go off by themselves and increases survivability vs quick shit healing you faster. The overhealed class will have the advantage.

Thus, kritz and uber >>> quick shit.

Also doesn't help that players don't know what to do with the charge AND a kritz demo will destroyed a quick shit charge.

Lack of overheal is definitely my big problem with the Quick Fix. It really makes it underwhelming, especially when the other two medi-guns are already so good.

derFeef

I recorded the sixth replay now and not a single one works :( I had this neat killstreak with my demoman right now but it just crashes everytime I try to edit or render it. This feature is broken for me.

Ceebs

Wallach said:
Lack of overheal is definitely my big problem with the Quick Fix. It really makes it underwhelming, especially when the other two medi-guns are already so good.
Yeah I think this is it. The QF is not bad, it's just the other 2 guns are just so much better.

commissar said:
I'd be interested in a shotgun and a direct hit for a friend, what are you interested in?

tyrants helm
vintage drill hat
vintage pot
guadalajara
nappers respite
western wear
prancers pride

?
k, pmed you.

Hey GAF, what do you all find to be the best (fastest) way to switch between weapons?

Are you using the scroll wheel? Number keys? Special buttons on your mouse?

Also, did you enable "quick" switching?

I ask because sometimes I really fail at quickly switching weapons in a gun fight and have never really even tried to do it with the class it was made for (Pyro).

Ferrio

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:
Hey GAF, what do you all find to be the best (fastest) way to switch between weapons?

I ask because sometimes I really fail at quickly switching weapons in a gun fight and have never really even tried to do it with the class it was made for (Pyro).

Quick switching is a must. Then just having the keys bound to whatever you like best (number, mouse keys whatever)

Ceebs

Dreams-Visions said:

Isn't quick switching the toggle to make the switch with one button press instead of like a chance to confirm it?

I use "q" (Previous weapon) mostly.

Ceebs said:
So I have been practicing spy on pub servers and have been doing ok with the normal knife+dead ringer. Any tips on things I should be working on to get better?

Here's something fun you can do if you're on defense.

Disguise
Bring out DR
Walk backwards into Blu base
???
Profit

Nabs

Dreams-Visions said:

My setup: Q = last weap. Shift = Melee. C = Main. X = Secondary.

Dreams-Visions said:

Forward button on mouse = weapon 1
Scroll wheel click = weapon 2
Back button on mouse = weapon 3

Did it this way to quickly use the Degreaser then the Axtinguisher with the two buttons.

fascinating. thanks for the insight, guys. I think I'll try some of these setups tonight.

Shame that I've put like 300 hours into the game but have not perfected these basic techniques.

Blizzard

Banned
I use the scroll wheel and probably the number keys too. I use the quick setup for the spy where everything is on 1234 or whatever instead of 123456789. It took me a while to get used to but now it seems easy. I mostly use Q a lot for quick switching, typically for melee (i.e. axetinguisher).

By the way, HL2.exe crashes every single time I exit these days. Anyone else have that happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom