• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

Arghhhh, so close to crafting a Family Business and I have the complete Heavy set, minus the hat. The only thing I need is a Frontier Justice. I have one but it's Vintage and I don't want to craft that. Does anyone have an extra one they're willing to trade?

Here's my backpack, make me an offer and I'll tell you what I think: http://www.tf2items.com/id/Hylian7

Yeef

Forkball said:
What's this nonsense about the Pyro set? More baseless speculation or is there actually some truth to it?
Pyro was spotted with some hard-to-make-out-but-clearly-new weapons in the free-to-play trailer. That set is what Ballad and SPUF seems to think it is.

Soule

Anyone else get a massive 4gb download today? I'm getting downloading well below my max speed at 133kb/s and have already downloaded nearly 2GB and am pretty over it considering my friends i play with said they only downloaded 128MB or something.

Blizzard

Banned
Has anyone gotten one of the uber update set hats yet and checked for sure whether or not there is an effect like the polycount hats? I got the impression that there had been a description of that set bonus before, but the description was removed, yet polycount hats still cause a set bonus. Or something. I would just be curious if anything appears on the character screen when you equip the whole set.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Soule said:
Anyone else get a massive 4gb download today? I'm getting downloading well below my max speed at 133kb/s and have already downloaded nearly 2GB and am pretty over it considering my friends i play with said they only downloaded 128MB or something.
No, what likely happened is something caused a bunch of your files to fail the hash check. Try to verify the game cache once the download finishes.

And the new hats have no set bonus at all. Valve seems to have completely gone away with it, and is now just using it to show items that go together. With some luck, Valve may work in the effects from the other set hats into the weapons.

Yeef

Blizzard said:
Has anyone gotten one of the uber update set hats yet and checked for sure whether or not there is an effect like the polycount hats? I got the impression that there had been a description of that set bonus before, but the description was removed, yet polycount hats still cause a set bonus. Or something. I would just be curious if anything appears on the character screen when you equip the whole set.
There's no set bonuses. The hats are part of a set so that they have specific crafting recipes (4 refined + set weapon).

Forkball

Yeef said:
Pyro was spotted with some hard-to-make-out-but-clearly-new weapons in the free-to-play trailer. That set is what Ballad and SPUF seems to think it is.
I found the post, interesting. I always thought that Polycount pack was pretty good, the best after the gas jockey one. It's strange that Valve put the garbage soldier pack and this weapon in the F2P trailer. One one hand it could be an accident, as they might have wanted to include them but decided to take them out at the last second, but on the other, Valve is probably trolling us again.

Also, it seems the Pocket Medic is now craftable. I haven't seen anyone with it, nor have I seen trade requests for it. When it was first leaked everyone went crazy about it, but now it seems that no one cares. I thought it would be more wanted than the Teddy or Villain's Veil.

As for baseless speculation, some people are thinking these hats might be included in the summer crates. This is pure speculation, but the hats do come from Facepunch where users have had a lot of their stuff uploaded, so I'm sure Valve takes their submissions into consideration.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think you may be right, they may of held back some weapons due to balance issues, or decided to move something up (Maybe the Medic Update should of hit later, maybe the free to play update and the medic weren't going to be one and the same, ect)

Dug

Banned
-Mikey- said:
The 1 time I want to use the Mann Co. Store it is down. : (
Just be glad you can access the Mann Co. store. My Steam Community Overlay hasn't worked in months which means I can't access the store period.

:(

Mafro

So the Detonator wasn't bugged? They would have been as well just not giving the Pyro anything in the Uber update, just like Engineer. I think I'll just smelt my two Detonators and craft something usable.

Hylian7

Mafro said:
So the Detonator wasn't bugged? They would have been as well just not giving the Pyro anything in the Uber update, just like Engineer. I think I'll just smelt my two Detonators and craft something usable.
I haven't gotten one, what was wrong with it?

Wallach

Strange proposition, but I have a lot of CE rotting in Spiral Knights, so if anyone plays that game (or is interested in trying it) and wants to trade stuff for CE I'd be interested. Especially basic stuff that is common trade currency like metal or keys or whatever.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wallach said:
Strange proposition, but I have a lot of CE rotting in Spiral Knights, so if anyone plays that game (or is interested in trying it) and wants to trade stuff for CE I'd be interested. Especially basic stuff that is common trade currency like metal or keys or whatever.
You remind me of the server I joined when Waiting for the gaf server to have a spot open. They were talking about trying to make a guild for the game ect ect, but in relation to TF2, my team just sucked at capping points. If I wasn't capping the point, they couldn't hold or cap anything them selves. The map was 5Gorge, and I was able get to the final point by my self as a back burining pyro, before they finally killed me, they then managed to roll all the way and get the final point them selfs in a little over a minute (Their Heavy Medic Combo did a great job taking me out each time it popped up).

Wallach

Drkirby said:
You remind me of the server I joined when Waiting for the gaf server to have a spot open. They were talking about trying to make a guild for the game ect ect, but in relation to TF2, my team just sucked at capping points. If I wasn't capping the point, they couldn't hold or cap anything them selves. The map was 5Gorge, and I was able get to the final point by my self as a back burining pyro, before they finally killed me, they then managed to roll all the way and get the final point them selfs in a little over a minute (Their Heavy Medic Combo did a great job taking me out each time it popped up).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4Q108If5WU&feature=related

QuantumBro said:
So I ended up trading 2 Refined and 2 Reclaimed for a key and a crate hoping to get a strange weapon and instead I get a Hound Dog hat. God damn it.
I've got 3 Strange Shotguns and 1 Strange Direct Hit if anyone is interested?

Also I'm looking for a pair of 'Ze Goggles' (vintage preferred) if anyone out there is interested.

Mafro

Hylian7 said:
I haven't gotten one, what was wrong with it?
In the beta the flare jump height was comparable to rocket jumps, but it's been nerfed to fuck to the point where it's completely useless. Perfect example is this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqNxrcH4ccM

And like the poster above said, the blast radius when you detonate the flare is tiny. I genuinely don't know why they bothered with it at all. I don't see why anyone would use this over the shotgun or flare gun.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Cuban Legend said:
I've got 3 Strange Shotguns and 1 Strange Direct Hit if anyone is interested?

Also I'm looking for a pair of 'Ze Goggles' (vintage preferred) if anyone out there is interested.
I'll trade a Professional's Panama for one of the Shotguns.

commissar

Cuban Legend said:
done and done.
I'd be interested in a shotgun and a direct hit for a friend, what are you interested in?

tyrants helm
vintage drill hat
vintage pot
guadalajara
nappers respite
western wear
prancers pride

?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Crafted a Maul after about 5 tries, now to try and craft a Three Rune Blade. Glad I got a Maul, since that is one weapon I may actually use once in a while.

Edit: And I just did anther 5 attempts for the Three Rune Blade, no dice. Two fish, a Sand Man, a Fan, and a Boston Basher.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Up to 225 kills on my Strange Grenade Launcher, thanks to the guy who gave it to me =D

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Zomba13 said:
I think I have a new favourite class, at least on noob servers. Spy is so fun (Dead Ringer and Your Eternal Reward).

That combo wrecks shit on almost every server right now, it seems. Hell, even Dead Ringer alone confuses the hell out of the noobs throughout the TF-verse. I kept hitting higher and higher kill-streak records with the Dead Ringer + Big Earner yesterday. No one just questions how you ever die so damn quickly.

Kuro Madoushi said:
They're not worth getting...

Quick-Fix is worth it, at least in accordance to the way I like to play medic. If you aren't going to stick with a single Heavy/Solider the whole round, the Quick-Fix allows you to be more like a Battle Medic but with the ability to patch people up quickly on the battle-field. It's a nice change of pace from just "Follow the Leader" type play.

Blizzard

Banned
ahoyhoy said:
Quick-Fix is worth it, at least in accordance to the way I like to play medic. If you aren't going to stick with a single Heavy/Solider the whole round, the Quick-Fix allows you to be more like a Battle Medic but with the ability to patch people up quickly on the battle-field. It's a nice change of pace from just "Follow the Leader" type play.
I think Kuro changed his name to something like "quick fix sucks" right after the update came out, so I'm not sure he can be trusted in this regard. =P

DerFeef, I may have an extra Quick-Fix. I shouldn't play tonight but if you have me on your friends list drop me an IM or something and I can trade you.

derFeef

ahoyhoy said:
Nice, I like to play that way and I think the QF suits me pretty well.

Blizzard said:
I think Kuro changed his name to something like "quick fix sucks" right after the update came out, so I'm not sure he can be trusted in this regard. =P

DerFeef, I may have an extra Quick-Fix. I shouldn't play tonight but if you have me on your friends list drop me an IM or something and I can trade you.
:D Don't think I have you on the list, but I am in the GAF group. I have nothing worthwhile to trade, sadly.

Ceebs

ahoyhoy said:
That is how I already play medic and dislike the Quick Fix. The lack of overheal is just too much to give up.

Also I have a Doctor's Sack and Medic's Mountain Cap for trade. I would like a decent spy hat or a Western Wear.

Yeef

Re-enabled replays, removed password and updated to the latest version of UMC.

Risible said:
Ok, I searched around and can't find the password. Someone want to help an idiot out? :(
Stupid babies need the MOST attention!

Evlar

Banned
ahoyhoy said:
That combo wrecks shit on almost every server right now, it seems. Hell, even Dead Ringer alone confuses the hell out of the noobs throughout the TF-verse. I kept hitting higher and higher kill-streak records with the Dead Ringer + Big Earner yesterday. No one just questions how you ever die so damn quickly.
They just say to themselves, "Take that, you damn spy! Hah hah, they die so easily!" Whatever else they intend to say is garbled by the blood flowing up from a punctured lung.

Blizzard

Banned
derFeef said:
Nice, I like to play that way and I think the QF suits me pretty well.

:D Don't think I have you on the list, but I am in the GAF group. I have nothing worthwhile to trade, sadly.
If you can link to your profile (or PM me with a link) I can try to add you, maybe 9-10 EST. If you have scrap metal or a couple of items that would be fine. Or, one of the new items I don't have, but I suspect you won't have any of those you'd want to part with. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom