• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proven

It's definitely borked. And only for TF2. I heard Valve was doing something about server CPU loads, but should that effect the server browser? jeez...

commissar

Blizzard said:
Well at least he can appeal it and get the account back! (oh wait)

Definitely make sure to use a different email password and Steam password though. =(
This kind of thing is why my email name, password, steam logon, steam password, steam community id, and steam friend id are all different and all unrelated.

fingers crossed thats enough :/

What is Valves stance on idling? I assume they would swat them down with bans, since they are receiving items that they could be buying from them.

Trouble or no trouble?

DarkKyo

Pookaki said:
What is Valves stance on idling? I assume they would swat them down with bans, since they are receiving items that they could be buying from them.

Trouble or no trouble?
They're fine with it as long as it's not an idling program.

I think I'll make a TF2 GAF circle with google plus. Cool people only! That means no Kuro!

Just kidding!

I'll start bugging people tomorrow morning so they give me their email, probably.

Kuro Madoushi said:
yup
amidst all the trolling

Forgot to tell you guys I got my "meet the medic" lithograph. It's smaller than I thought it would be. And I'm going to get it framed and then take some pics and post

YOU GAIZ JELLY?! D:
If it were a mug, then yes. Otherwise nope!

Kuro Madoushi said:
yup
amidst all the trolling

Forgot to tell you guys I got my "meet the medic" lithograph. It's smaller than I thought it would be. And I'm going to get it framed and then take some pics and post

YOU GAIZ JELLY?! D:
Show scale if you can. I thought it'd be a bit big, too.

XeroSauce

Pookaki said:

Trouble or no trouble?

Don't use a program. Sitting in a server is no problem though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah so, I've got an extra Family Business that I'm willing to trade if anyone's got any offers. Looking for new weaps mainly.

I've also got Gift wrap, a Strange GRU and a shitload of paints if anybody wants to make a deal.
Paints on first page.

Weenerz

Banned
Cloudius12 said:
Its seem you don't even have to be in a server to gain items while idling. You can be in offline training.

Just make your own server.

Change the launch options of TF2 inside of steam and add this.

Code:
-textmode -novid -nosound -nopreload +map_background ctf_2fort

TF2 will launch like normal for a few seconds, then close and then open command prompt, it will automatically create a server and you will idle in it until you close command prompted. Next time you want to play TF2, just take that out of your launch options.

desh

Weenerz said:
Just make your own server.

Change the launch options of TF2 inside of steam and add this.

Code:
-textmode -novid -nosound -nopreload +map_background ctf_2fort

TF2 will launch like normal for a few seconds, then close and then open command prompt, it will automatically create a server and you will idle in it until you close command prompted. Next time you want to play TF2, just take that out of your launch options.
Or, just make a batch file with this inside:

Code:
"C:\Games\Steam\steam.exe" -applaunch 440 -nosound -textmode +sv_password "ffffffffff" +map ctf_2fort

Then you don't have to mess around with changing your launch options when you actually want to play.

Grinchy

Banned
Drkirby said:
Good amount. Some Refined Metal, or a hat.
Sweet. I was mad about the key purchase. So like one refined, or do you mean it more?

XeroSauce said:
Depends on the weapon. Something you can get kills with easily is worth more, but generally a good hat is a decent trade. (as in a 1-3)
Ok, good. I just traded it for a vintage Glenglarry Bonnet. The google doc says it's worth 3+ refined, so I am hoping to trade that for a crocleather slouch. *edit: sweet, already got the slouch.

XeroSauce

Grinchy said:
Sweet. I was mad about the key purchase. So like one refined, or do you mean it more?

Depends on the weapon. Something you can get kills with easily is worth more, but generally a good hat is a decent trade. (as in a 1-3)

Yeef

Server changes!

• Added ctf_turbine_pro, edited version of turbine with new routes and some bugfixes.
  • Added koth_chapel random map that I stumbled upon.
  • Added a small nomination reminder at the beginning of a match.
  • Free players should now have a * in front of their names. This is purely satiate my own curiosity and I'll likely remove it eventually.

(._.)

Banned
Yeef said:
Server changes!

• Added ctf_turbine_pro, edited version of turbine with new routes and some bugfixes.
  • Added koth_chapel random map that I stumbled upon.
  • Added a small nomination reminder at the beginning of a match.
  • Free players should now have a * in front of their names. This is purely satiate my own curiosity and I'll likely remove it eventually.
add cp_snakewater please. I have never played it on a normal map rotation.

markot

Banned
I want a summer crate >_<

Anyone else thay cant stand playing sniper with gun, but love him with the huntsman?

Also I cant play servers that arent insta spawn anymore >.> I hate waiting...

derFeef

5 hours of play yesterday, not a single drop. TF2 hates me.
Also, is there a chance a non-functional replay (all of them for me) can be repaired in some way?

Forkball

derFeef said:
5 hours of play yesterday, not a single drop. TF2 hates me.
Also, is there a chance a non-functional replay (all of them for me) can be repaired in some way?
Did you get drops earlier in the week? Drops cap at 6-12 items per week or eleven hours playtime a week and is reset every Wednesday night.

But I played for about an hour today and didn't get a drop. Valve doesn't want to give me the new weapons.

Ferrio

Banned
I started playing against since the uber update (haven't played since the first year+beta). I just spent 5 dollars buying virtual items and a key to open a virtual chest.... i feel dirty.

derFeef

Forkball said:
Did you get drops earlier in the week? Drops cap at 6-12 items per week or eleven hours playtime a week and is reset every Wednesday night.

But I played for about an hour today and didn't get a drop. Valve doesn't want to give me the new weapons.
Oh I did not know there is a cap, I may have hit it then. I got 3 crates and 5 other drops since the update. Thanks for the heads-up!

KarmaCow

Just wondering, if I setup another steam account, then bought two keys with that account, traded them to my main account, that would count as upgraded a F2P version of TF2 right? Kinda want to setup an idle account just to get the new weapons.

derFeef said:
Oh I did not know there is a cap, I may have hit it then. I got 3 crates and 5 other drops since the update. Thanks for the heads-up!

Crates don't count toward to the drop cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom