• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKyo

Acerac said:
One last question since everyone has been so helpful here.

Is there any easy way to transfer items between accounts? My new account just got a liberty launcher I'd like on my main and my main has a few extras I want to toss this account just in case i feel like messing around on it.

I suppose I could download tf2 on my laptop, but it'd be nice if there was some less cumbersome way.

Thanks again for all the advice guys. $1 for shades on my main, double drops weekly, and a free hat for my alt account? Was an easy sell. Quick tip for those considering the same, use the leftover money from the account to gift a game to your main account. That way you don't need to worry about having one "stranded" game so as to not waste money.
The only way to trade is client to client, account to account. You need two systems to trade.... unless there is a way to open 2 steam clients on one pc, but I doubt it.

Baha

Dechaios said:
The only way to trade is client to client, account to account. You need two systems to trade.... unless there is a way to open 2 steam clients on one pc, but I doubt it.

Sandboxie. Keep in mind that you will need space on your C drive if you go this route. Otherwise you can use a laptop for the alt account, just run tf2 on low settings.

Chavelo

Anyone wanna trade a normal hat for the Professor Speks? Just upgraded my other account to premium and they're available. Add ADSSZero and we'll work it out. :D

Forkball

I'm surprised there hasn't been an update yet to give us the shades and to sell us summer keys. It's like Valve doesn't even want our money!

Evlar

Banned
For some reason I haven't received my Professor Speks yet. A friend sent them my way, but I've received nothing. Does it typically take a while?

So uh, I'm returning to TF2, and I noticed a Play Now feature where you can click your favorite game mode and it'll automatically connect you to a server. It does a very good job of choosing a good server IMO. I love that feature, because I always disliked physically picking/choosing a server.

However, Arena (the best game mode!) isn't on that list. Is there any easy way to join a good Arena game without physically choosing a server? It may sound like a silly question, but yeah.

Baha

Evlar said:
For some reason I haven't received my Professor Speks yet. A friend sent them my way, but I've received nothing. Does it typically take a while?

Go to the mann co store? Maybe restart tf2, mine showed up in my backpack w/o any fanfare for what it's worth.

Weenerz

Banned
Forkball said:
I'm surprised there hasn't been an update yet to give us the shades and to sell us summer keys. It's like Valve doesn't even want our money!

Same, maybe they are too busy with the sale and fixing the VAC ban issue to send it out.

thefil

I have two extra Liberty Launchers. Trading for any new item except for:
Enforcer
Detonator
Whatever the new shield is called

jdogmoney

Weenerz said:
Anyone have a Big Earner they want to get rid of? Offering Mantreads.

I'll take the Mantreads, but is there anything else you're wanting to get rid of? Name's jdogmoney on steam.

EDIT: never mind, I have use for Mantreads.

EDIT 2: Trade complete! Thankya sir.

parasight

thefil said:
Got three liberty launchers in a row today :(

I like the original launcher best

I love the Liberty Launcher so much I fear of the nerf bat. Speed of Direct Hit, splash of regular Rocket Launcher.

Yeef

EmCeeGramr said:
At least I found a Soda Popper (and discovered that even when I hit a Medic dead on with a minicrit meatshot it doesn't register and never will)
Hooray for Source engine's subpar hit detection!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6rrwNtWzO8&hd=1

parasight said:
I love the Liberty Launcher so much I fear of the nerf bat. Speed of Direct Hit, splash of regular Rocket Launcher.
Lack of ammo of the Black Box. I like the launcher and the new shotgun, but using them together is extremely crippling. I like to switch it up; Liberty Launcher and default shotgun or reserver shooter and default launcher.

jdavid459

Could someone recommend a good server that plays official maps. A server with some custom music/quake sounds preferably. Need somewhere to play when I can't get in the gaf server. Thanks.

DarkKyo

thefil said:
Anyone have a spare Persuan Persuader they could be persuaded to trade?
I have one on one of my alts... is there any chance you have an extra detonator you'd part with? I'd also take a Shahanshah.

thefil

Dechaios said:
I have one on one of my alts... is there any chance you have an extra detonator you'd part with?

Absolutely. My SteamID is omoiphobia.

Also try filkr or thefil if that doesn't work...

thefil said:
I have two extra Liberty Launchers. Trading for any new item except for:
Enforcer
Detonator
Whatever the new shield is called

Still got an extra one? I got a Reserve Shooter for trade.

edit: crap just remembered I'm still reinstalling the game and need like another 2 hours lol :(

Forkball

The Liberty Launcher is pretty awesome. Yeah, the lack of a fourth rocket does hurt, but man it is a ton of fun to use. It's great for nailing scouts before they can escape and to put pressure on heavies. I crafted the new Spy gun and traded for the Mantreads, but I haven't used them yet. Last week I got six drops, with only one new weapon dropping and this week I've had five drops with zero new weapons. Meanwhile people are getting new weapon drops left and right.

Proven

Why would you do that? said:
So uh, I'm returning to TF2, and I noticed a Play Now feature where you can click your favorite game mode and it'll automatically connect you to a server. It does a very good job of choosing a good server IMO. I love that feature, because I always disliked physically picking/choosing a server.

However, Arena (the best game mode!) isn't on that list. Is there any easy way to join a good Arena game without physically choosing a server? It may sound like a silly question, but yeah.
I just keep a 24/7 Arena server on my favorites list that's usually populated. There's so few of them that you should be able to easily find one you like.

thefil

Grimm Fandango said:
Still got an extra one? I got a Reserve Shooter for trade.

edit: crap just remembered I'm still reinstalling the game and need like another 2 hours lol :(

Would be up for it, but I have to go to bed.

Acerac

Banned
I've sucked with spy for the two months I've played this game. It's been frustrating. I know the routes, know how players think, and can usually anticipate their movements but still came up short.

Then this week I got The Dead Ringer and Your Eternal Reward.

Holy fuck. This is AMAZING.

Liberty Launcher is indeed the shit.

14E2DEAE7FC4A9A718D56E89B2A7E580E5EC23BA

GGs GAF.

DarkKyo

Pookaki said:
I just received a Direct Hit. Anyone want to trade a hat or some refined metal?
Just giving you some friendly advice.. The direct hit has been out for a long while now. Everyone who has ever wanted one probably has one at this point. You're going to find a pretty hard time trading it for anything, nevermind hats or metal. You probably couldn't even trade the new weapons for hats/metal at this point.

KarmaCow

Harvest with the Headless Horseman was a lot of chaotic fun.

Still unsure about the Quick Fix, how uber look like from the targets perspective? It seemed like whenever I used it on someone, they didn't even notice.

Yeef

Horsemann is great, but unfortunately there's no way to make him spawn naturally. I had to spawn him manually each time.

Also, it seems like very few of the regulars were playing. Lots of new faces.

Also, also, apparently the free player marking plugin has another plugin as a dependency, which is why it's not working. Whenever the server empties I'll thrown that one up there.

jdogmoney

Acerac said:
I've sucked with spy for the two months I've played this game. It's been frustrating. I know the routes, know how players think, and can usually anticipate their movements but still came up short.

Then this week I got The Dead Ringer and Your Eternal Reward.

Holy fuck. This is AMAZING.

Welcome, child. Truly, it is a potent combination.

And I just got on a trading server. Sweet Baby Buddha, I'm poor. Four refined metals for a Familiar Fez? I crafted together every spare weapon I had and came up with ONE refined, a reclaimed, and two scrap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom