• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeef

Grimm Fandango said:
Can all admins get him to spawn or just you?

I'd love to fight him again.
Anyone with rcon access. Remy and I are the only ones with direct rcon access, but SourceMod has a built in rcon (sm_rco), but I don't know if admins have access to it. If you do, what you'd want to do is bind something to "sm_rcon sv_cheats 1;ent_create headless_hatman;sm_rcon sv_cheats 0". It'll spawn a Horsemann wherever you're looking. You can spawn as many as you want, but if you spawn multiple they'll attack each other and they kill each other in 2 hits, so it's pretty pointless.

Also, he uses the same navigation files as all other bots, but I only bothered to put the nav files for manor event and harvest event on the server. If you spawn him on any other map he'll just stand in place (but he'll still attack when you get close).

I was trying to find a plugin that would make him auto-spawn as normal on manor_event, but apparently none exists, so I just settled for manually spawning him.

Baha

Yeef said:
Anyone with rcon access. Remy and I are the only ones with direct rcon access, but SourceMod has a built in rcon (sm_rco), but I don't know if admins have access to it. If you do, what you'd want to do is bind something to "sm_rcon sv_cheats 1;ent_create headless_hatman;sm_rcon sv_cheats 0". It'll spawn a Horsemann wherever you're looking. You can spawn as many as you want, but if you spawn multiple they'll attack each other and they kill each other in 2 hits, so it's pretty pointless.

Also, he uses the same navigation files as all other bots, but I only bothered to put the nav files for manor event and harvest event on the server. If you spawn him on any other map he'll just stand in place (but he'll still attack when you get close).

I was trying to find a plugin that would make him auto-spawn as normal on manor_event, but apparently none exists, so I just settled for manually spawning him.

I couldn't find the automatic spawning plugin but there's a manual version, this might work for all admins though: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1335413

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Teknopathetic said:
Liberty Launcher is indeed the shit.

14E2DEAE7FC4A9A718D56E89B2A7E580E5EC23BA

GGs GAF.
wtf, YOU'RE tre?! :mad:

was the server full of n00bs or something? Next time I'm on, I'll make sure you have a challenge then.

Oh....and everyone dominates spaceb0y.

leroidys

I hate the liberty launcher/black box. Mainly from a design perspective. Balancing a weapon by giving it a buff and reducing the clip is the laziest shit ever. I wish they would spend more time on weapons and make them really differentiate themselves like huntsman/rifle, targe/stickies, etc. I hate that the pyro, heavy, and soldier just have slightly different iterations of their primary weapons.

Grinchy

Banned
leroidys said:
I hate the liberty launcher/black box. Mainly from a design perspective. Balancing a weapon by giving it a buff and reducing the clip is the laziest shit ever. I wish they would spend more time on weapons and make them really differentiate themselves like huntsman/rifle, targe/stickies, etc. I hate that the pyro, heavy, and soldier just have slightly different iterations of their primary weapons.
That's a good point that I hadn't really thought about before. I love going huntsman sniper. I like the rifle too, but not as much. They are just really different play styles.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
derFeef said:
Two summer crates! I saw them drop like crazy since yesterday.
I've got 2 on both my accounts last night, I really hope they're filled with rubbish or I'll end up opening them all :lol

Been having some good drops on my alt account so far, two uber weapons and two hats so far. Three crates on each account, hoping they give away keys through the summer tickets.

GatorFan

Banned
Is the only way to upgrade a ftp account to put 5 dollars in the steam wallet and buy something? I'd like to create an alt account

Weenerz

Banned
So Sandboxie works damn good. Just got done trading my collection of TF2 drops on one of my alt accounts. Took no time at all, once I put the game in windowed mode (I know I should have it already bit I likes my full screens!)

Evlar

Banned
Still no coolers. Hopefully I won't miss out... If someone is willing to trade for a cooler I have some miscellaneous crap lying around, probably doesn't amount to more than a reclaimed or two. Also have a Strange Direct Hit I might be willing to part with.

thefil

Grimm Fandango said:
thefil, I got TF2 up and running. If you still want to trade my name is either GPGrimm or grimmmrgrimm. I forget which one works.

Sure, I'll be on in one minute.

*Edit* Thanks man. Now to close Steam and get some work done :(

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Kuro Madoushi said:
was the server full of n00bs or something? Next time I'm on, I'll make sure you have a challenge then.
As far as I can remember, this is par for the course for him. He's just a mass murderer with grenades.

Oh....and everyone dominates spaceb0y.
I was having a pretty off game tonight... and I think my single dom there was over spaceb0y. :\

Evlar said:
Still no coolers. Hopefully I won't miss out... If someone is willing to trade for a cooler I have some miscellaneous crap lying around, probably doesn't amount to more than a reclaimed or two. Also have a Strange Direct Hit I might be willing to part with.
I can trade you one, if you have a newerish (polycount or later) item that I don't have.

The Judge

Yeef said:
I will give you the ultimate gift.

The sweet embrace of death.

While on topic, I would like to state that my birthday is not everyday and that I would like for you to stop giving me gifts.

Thank you for your comprehension.

:(

leroidys said:
I feel like the reason they do that for the pyro, heavy, and soldier is that those are the easiest, simplest classes to play, with the lowest entry level of skill. You can get good enough by just using your fundamentals, you don't need some crazy class-altering stuff.

The demoman is kind of a weird case because obviously someone at Valve thought, "What if we could make a new class without having to actually make a new class?" and then slapped it onto a class that sorta thematically fit.

Forkball

Yeef said:

Bind a key to the command that respawns him. Then write a script where the key is pressed every X minutes. PROBLEM SOLVED.

We better get those glasses today.

Inkwell

Banned
Any word on these summer crates? Don't know if I missed anything, but have we found out how to get keys for them? I completely missed the whole holiday thing with holiday crates. Not sure if people think it will be similar to that.

I should probably apologize to wartime for the other night. I had a horrible day. When i got on TF2 I was being a bit snarky, and made a jokey compliment that actually came off as an insult. Sorry :(

Orellio said:
It's my birthday. Give me hats and/or new weapons!
Happy birthday!

Firebrand

Aaaah. 3 refined. Choices. Trade? Craft? Wear them as a hat?

I don't see the hats I want at nearly that few refined (Team Captain / Teddy lol), but with my luck I'll get... hatless sniper. Or headless, even. Actually, that'd be pretty cool.

Baha

Firebrand said:
Aaaah. 3 refined. Choices. Trade? Craft? Wear them as a hat?

I don't see the hats I want at nearly that few refined (Team Captain / Teddy lol), but with my luck I'll get... hatless sniper. Or headless, even. Actually, that'd be pretty cool.

Save it. Chances are the new crates will contain new weapons/hats so wait a bit and see if there's anything worth crafting when the new update hits.

Inkwell said:
Any word on these summer crates? Don't know if I missed anything, but have we found out how to get keys for them? I completely missed the whole holiday thing with holiday crates. Not sure if people think it will be similar to that.

I should probably apologize to wartime for the other night. I had a horrible day. When i got on TF2 I was being a bit snarky, and made a jokey compliment that actually came off as an insult. Sorry :(

Happy birthday!

:). I was fucking around too, I was drunk at the time, so fake outrage all around that night!

DarkKyo

webrunner said:
Hm, my TF2 just started updating
Woo here come the summer shades!

Team Fortress 2
Added lots of new Summer items, including the Refreshing Summer Cooler Key
Added a new achievement: Escape the Heat
Fixed a case where the client-side voting dialog would have an incorrect list of items
Fixed a bug where some items would not update their team colors correctly
Fixed a client backpack crash
Updated the Lo-Fi Longwave to be paintable
Updated the localization files

Nice...

DarkKyo

For anyone interested in what the TF2 achievement is in today's update:

Escape the Heat - Jump into a pool of refreshing water while on fire

Yeef

Forkball said:
Bind a key to the command that respawns him. Then write a script where the key is pressed every X minutes. PROBLEM SOLVED.
You are a fool who speaks in theory and not practice. Using rcon to spawn a Horsemann just crashes the server, because the command makes him spawn wherever you're looking (the server isn't looking anywhere, but everywhere).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeef, update the server, my gut says believe in magic and that we will get a Summer Key for the new Achievement.

Edit: Where is the new stuff Valve? I see no new hats or items, no sunglasses, nor any keys.

Forkball

Drkirby said:
Yeef, update the server, my gut says believe in magic and that we will get a Summer Key for the new Achievement.
Yeah they'll give us a free key or sell them to us for $2.50, which sounds more likely?

And I remember the days when I got TF2 updates immediately instead of fifteen to thirty minutes after everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom