• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

XeroSauce

Wolf Akela said:
I've played on a Korean server before that was exactly like that. Every class was overpowered. Been a long time, but from what I remember:

Soldier
+ Rocket Launcher becomes a nuke launcher. 1 shot that's extremely powerful.

I believe Advanced Weaponizer has that, called Army of One.

Demoman
+ 16 nades in a row. 100+ in reserve.

Engineer
+ Picking up a Sentry keeps it active. (so much lulz)

lolwat

Sniper
+ No cocking animation for the Sniper Rifle, which means you can keep shooting.
+ You can fire 12 Hunstman arrows in a row.

Spy
+ Knife is OHK no matter where it comes from.

Those are on top of general health buffs.

Did you guys see those paintable Cow Mangler and Bison pics?

Looks good, Dechaios!

One day... I'll stop procrastinating and try 3D modelling.

Then again... I need to stop procrastinating on Brickyarder first :(

Yeef

Baloonatic said:
I still can't aim in this game after years of play. I'll stick with Medic I think, or maybe I'll try and get better at Spy.
Play the explosive classes and you won't need to aim.

Yeef said:
Play the explosive classes and you won't need to aim.

I don't really like Soldier and sticky bombs make me feel like a jerk. Jarate ambushing people can be fun and I don't mind the Sydney Sleeper as I at least don't even have to think about headshots with it.

I don't really get how people are able to jump around and aim as a Scout.

XeroSauce

Baloonatic said:
I don't really like Soldier and sticky bombs make me feel like a jerk. Jarate ambushing people can be fun and I don't mind the Sydney Sleeper as I at least don't even have to think about headshots with it.

I don't really get how people are able to jump around and aim as a Scout.

It's like playing Unreal again but with more dispensers.

Dechaios said:
Any thoughts on the new hat I've been working on?
1rKRe.jpg

It'll be a black knight helmet with red/blu highlights... almost done with the model I think..

Dude thats awesome.

TGMIII

Still getting offers for my unusual soldier's stash /w sunbeams but I honestly don't know how much things go for. My current best offers are 200$ straight up and another guy offered an unusual soldier's stash /w hearts, unusual hustlers hallmark /w peace sign and 4 earbuds.

Someone help me.

moojito

Baloonatic said:
I still can't aim in this game after years of play. I'll stick with Medic I think, or maybe I'll try and get better at Spy.

The second half of this post talks about negative pointer acceleration which can apparently mess up some folks' aim. I'd give it a read and see if it helps.

yeoz

awwyeahgurrl said:
Still getting offers for my unusual soldier's stash /w sunbeams but I honestly don't know how much things go for. My current best offers are 200$ straight up and another guy offered an unusual soldier's stash /w hearts, unusual hustlers hallmark /w peace sign and 4 earbuds.

Someone help me.
Take the cash and run.

yeoz

awwyeahgurrl said:
So it's not worth much more than 200USD then?
Well, I'm not saying that. It's just hard getting money out of the system, so if you can, money out is money earned. Just stop uncrating crates and considering yourself a winner.

Kuro Madoushi said:
Someone offers 200 and you're still questioning? Take money unless you can get more.
Yeah, exactly this.

TGMIII

I guess I'll go with the 200USD, which is £121 to me. I wanted to try and get a max head out of it too but I guess that might be pushing it.

OMG Aero

awwyeahgurrl said:

Someone help me.
If you're having problems deciding what to do, I'll take the weight off your shoulders for $1.

Also if you could give me the details of the guy who offered $200 that'd be great.

Bakphoon

I got "The Planeswalker Goggles #871" today, but i dont know what they are worth, because I couldnt find them in the Pricing guide (I only found Genuine there)

Edit:

wartime1020 said:
On that spreadsheet, the amount on the left is for genuine/vintage (if there is one) on the right is the non vintage/ non genuine. So planeswalker is 4-6 genuine, and 2-3 non genuine.

Thank you, haven't known that

Bakphoon said:
I got "The Planeswalker Goggles #871" today, but i dont know what they are worth, because I couldnt find them in the Pricing guide (I only found Genuine there)

On that spreadsheet, the amount on the left is for genuine/vintage (if there is one) on the right is the non vintage/ non genuine. So planeswalker is 4-6 genuine, and 2-3 non genuine.

awwyeahgurrl said:
How much is an unusual defiant spartan /w burning flames worth?
It's probably one of the top 5 most valuable hats, brah.

Most popular class, extremely popular hat style, second most popular effect.

If someone is offering you one in trade for your hat, either they're stupid or trying to con you somehow.

TGMIII

Dreams-Visions said:
It's probably one of the top 5 most valuable hats, brah.

Most popular class, extremely popular hat style, second most popular effect.

If someone is offering you one in trade for your hat, either they're stupid or trying to con you somehow.

It's got a discrition tag and name tag on it. They can be removed right?

awwyeahgurrl said:
yes, of course. the only things that can't be removed that I'm aware of are:

1.) "Gifted by"

2.) "Not Tradeable"

YOU SONOFABITCH IF YOU GET THAT HAT I'LL HATE YOU FOREVER.

clear enough?

Goon Boon

Banned
awwyeahgurrl said:
Yeah, they can. And yeah, it's the most popular class, tied with medic if any. And some people disagree, sunbeams and burning flames are down to preference rather than value now. ALSO, IF YOU ARE TRADING FOR IT WATCH OUT. They may be a scammer who will switch it out for a defiant spartan with confetti. As soon as they check ready, hover your mouse over it to make sure.

awwyeahgurrl said:
Well ill find out in 30 mins or so.
again I say: Watch for scammers.

If they're willing to trade your hat for the hat you're talking about, they're either incredibly naive, ignorant about the value of their hat, or they're going to try to pull some sort of switch on you at the last minute to steal your hat for some extremely low-value version of the same hat.

watch everything in that trade like a fucking hawk. Don't hit that "Trade" button until after you've moused over the item one last time and confirmed the effect on the hat.

don't find yourself with a fetti hat worth $60 because you didn't notice someone had swapped out the flaming hat without you noticing.

TGMIII

So I just want to double check, this hat is for sure better than mine in value. If so I'm going to take it providing it's legit.

DarkKyo

viakado said:
sweet. I didn't know you can add skins.
fuck trading for hats.
time to work my maya magic. :D
I'd say most people make TF2 hats to submit to valve in hopes that it gets added to the game, but yeah you can replace things with skins. You can even go into the itemtest map and test the skins before you swap anything out for them.

Bakphoon

I have a strange problem...

I bought a stamp from the Mann Co. store, but i havent got a World Travelers hat...

TF2Wiki said:
The item is unlocked when a player purchases a stamp from the Mann Co. Store.

What should i do?

Boonoo

Bakphoon said:

I bought a stamp from the Mann Co. store, but i havent got a World Travelers hat...

What should i do?
I didn't get mine until I bought a second stamp. Not sure what was up.

Yeef

Bakphoon said:

What should i do?
It's a known bug. I thought it was fixed, but I guess not. I've heard of people contacting Steam Support and getting the hat.

What does it mean when it says that people are supporters of a certain map? Is it that they bought stamps for it? Cause sometimes I see myself in the load screens with a 9 next to the supporters and I've never bought a stamp... I'm assuming its just messed up.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
SteveWinwood said:
What does it mean when it says that people are supporters of a certain map? Is it that they bought stamps for it? Cause sometimes I see myself in the load screens with a 9 next to the supporters and I've never bought a stamp... I'm assuming its just messed up.

Yea, it's just buying the stamp. I got my hat pretty much right away when I bought one, though, so I can't really help on the bug matter.

Yeef

Update:

Source Engine Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)
  • Fix a crash bug during changelevel when the Steam client is unable to init
  • Reduced the frequency of diagnostic messages for out-of-range positions and velocities

Team Fortress 2
  • Added the Red Orchestra 2 promo items
  • Fix a crash bug related to the Righteous Bison
  • Fix a bug where the increased_maxplayers server tag was being set when the 25th internal player slot was added for replay
  • Fixed a bug that caused team color paints to appear to be coming out of the wrong cans for the store icons
  • Updated the main menu backgrounds to include Granary and Upward

[EDIT] New soldier and heavy hats:

Heavy:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/yeef/screenshot/560915367927219513?tab=public
http://steamcommunity.com/id/yeef/screenshot/560915367927221839/?tab=public

Soldier:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/yeef/screenshot/560915367927221197/?tab=public
http://steamcommunity.com/id/yeef/screenshot/560915367927220459/?tab=public

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom