• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Blizzard said:
And then you have a l4d1 vs. l4d2 situation. If they update the AI director in TF2 to TF3, and give us four new classes, is that REALLY enough of an upgrade?!?!!! :D
:lol I think l4d2 shows valve they COULD do it, but its better if they don't. The main reason they did it IMO is because the 360 version of the game kicked off really well.

Slavik81

Iadien said:
I purchased keys... never again. What a waste of money. May as well go gambling.
Yeah. I just bought a key too. The end result was that I gave $2.50 to Valve and got nothing in return. But donating the money to Valve was pretty much the reason why I bought it in the first place.

I mean, even if I did get something, it's pretty clearly not worth it. A pair of keys is more expensive than a lot of full games.

dorkimoe

i have like 8 crates, i have no intention of paying $2.50 cents. i thought keys were lootable and or cheaper like .99 cents

Boonoo

You can usually get 2 or so scrap per crate, so with 8 you can easily get a refined. Crates are pretty nice drops if you can take the time to trade them.

Fox318

LTlV2.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
And that damn Sackston Hale achivement is done. Had to trade 4 scrap for the last 3 masks, but I am done with it.

Now to work on slowly getting enough metal for the Attendent hat. I am half way though (Though I am waiting for my untradable scrap to turn tradable before crafting it into larger metal), but I am going to try and trade my Extra Vintage/Spare Polycount weapons/Crates for scrap metal/2 weapons each, which should give me enough. I am really hoping the 10% speed boost can help out a lot.

(._.)

Banned
I traded one refined for all nine. Did this on Friday I think. Overall a pretty crappy event. Would have been great if they didn't do the random gift thing and just made them drop a fuck load for everybody.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Should of had the gifts just show up more often, and not announced. Like, every 2 minutes have one just pop up.

Hope you can't get the Achievement after the event is over, I still want the masks but I am not offering much more then a weapon for each. I am sick of hunting them though, not worth THAt much effort.

(._.)

Banned
The thing that ruined it for me is how every server went 24/7 Mann Manor. I recall Halloween Harvest being much more bearable. Nobody went 24/7 for that iirc. I got three of those paper masks in one night. Since then I haven't encountered any more and they stopped dropping for me. The achievement required grinding for some (including me) which made this event peak two days after it started.

Javaman

(._.) said:
The thing that ruined it for me is how every server went 24/7 Mann Manor. I recall Halloween Harvest being much more bearable. Nobody went 24/7 for that iirc. I got three of those paper masks in one night. Since then I haven't encountered any more and they stopped dropping for me. The achievement required grinding for some (including me) which made this event peak two days after it started.

I gave up after 4+ hours of not getting any masks and failing the gored achievement. That event was the worst thing ever.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
I got all the achievements without becoming a bitter husk of a man. If people had patience, they wouldn't have had a hard time. A few days after the event started, most people were trading away their spare masks for whatever. I got a lot of the masks I needed by just trading off duplicate weapons I had lying around, it wasn't that hard at all.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Spire said:
I got all the achievements without becoming a bitter husk of a man. If people had patience, they wouldn't have had a hard time. A few days after the event started, most people were trading away their spare masks for whatever. I got a lot of the masks I needed by just trading off duplicate weapons I had lying around, it wasn't that hard at all.

8+ hours = 1 mask for me. fuck you valve.

Teknoman

<_> for some reason my game is in a constant state of updating. One minute it'll show that its downloading, the next, auto suspended. Keeps switching back and forth between the two.

EDIT: Odd...switched download servers from Houston to Dallas, and it started downloading just fine...

I have a Demo, Medic, Spy, Heavy, Engie, and Pyro mask and I'm looking to trade for a Soldier mask. It's the last one I need to have every class mask and I know the event is ending and I need to sleep, so there's no hope for me to find a Soldier mask through gifts anymore.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Iadien said:
8+ hours = 1 mask for me. fuck you valve.
Even on 10 ppl servers? When I started to just "grind" for them, my chances of spotting/picking up the gift shot up tremendously when I starting going to 10 ppl servers.

There were also a few servers out there that forced people into a waitlist and froze everyone except you when it was your gift. Even if no one was idling you are locked in to get one mask per hour.

I really need to find some time to right to Gabe/Robin. This event was fun for 10 minutes... then it was just ass.

MNC

Ugh fucknuts I am missing one refined metal for my Horseless Headless Headmann axe. I have the haunted metal; can I craft it outside of halloween as well?

Chinner

Banned
i think unusual metal isn't limited to halloween so don't fret. worst comes to worst you'll just have to wait a year until you can craft a eyelander reskin.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Chinner said:
i think unusual metal isn't limited to halloween so don't fret. worst comes to worst you'll just have to wait a year until you can craft a fuckawesome eyelander reskin.
Fixed.

Chinner

Banned
i dunno. i play demoman exclusively and i do want it to be completionist, but demoknights just arn't really that effective or contribute enough to the team.

what i'm trying to say is that i'm not really in a rush to get a weapon i'm not going to use.

(._.) said:
Event ends tomorrow, yessss

I tried playing for a while, but the drops and horseman don't seem to be happening anymore. I wanted to get a full set of the normal masks, but at least I got the Saxton Hale one.

MNC

Does anybody even want crates here? And I dislike having a steamwallet for keys so I don't plan on opening them.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't know, I think the value of crates is going to just keep going down. There doesn't seem to be that much demand for them.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Chinner said:
i dunno. i play demoman exclusively and i do want it to be completionist, but demoknights just arn't really that effective or contribute enough to the team.

what i'm trying to say is that i'm not really in a rush to get a weapon i'm not going to use.

Heh...you haven't see a competitive demoknight then...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
(._.) said:
All those people who bought a million keys are starting to realize how stupid the system is.
Yeah, now a decent time to add in CRAFTABLE KEYS :eek: :eek: :eek:

You may even get more people willing to buy them if you make it 1 refined metal per key, since it would be $2.49 vs ~2 Weeks of item Drops.

Valve could alternitivly just lower the crate drop rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom