• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boonoo

balladofwindfishes said:
Pre-order Poker Night at the Inventory and get a new visor for Heavy

http://pc.ign.com/articles/113/1132307p1.html

Win in-game and win TF2 items including a new russian themed minigun, a new Penny Arcade watch, Lugermorph, a police badge and some Strong Bad sunglasses.

Item pics
http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/85703...night-at-the-inventory-20101103012536797.html

•The Iron Curtain weapon for The Heavy

•Max's Lugermorph handgun for the Scout and the Engineer, along with a Freelance Police badge for any Team Fortress 2 player

•A Wrist watch from Penny Arcade's Tycho for the Spy (Pac-Man!)

•Strong Bad's styling "Dangeresque" sunglasses for the Demoman

I will pre-order when I get home :)
For 5$, it's worth it for the sick Minigun

Oh ho. I think I just might do that. Telltale <3

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Excellent. I've had it pre-ordered since it was announced (I'm a huge fan of PA and TF2, and its $5 for crying out loud)

snack

balladofwindfishes said:
Pre-order Poker Night at the Inventory and get a new visor for Heavy

http://pc.ign.com/articles/113/1132307p1.html

Win in-game and win TF2 items including a new russian themed minigun, a new Penny Arcade watch, Lugermorph, a police badge and some Strong Bad sunglasses.

Item pics
http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/85703...night-at-the-inventory-20101103012536797.html

•The Iron Curtain weapon for The Heavy

•Max's Lugermorph handgun for the Scout and the Engineer, along with a Freelance Police badge for any Team Fortress 2 player

•A Wrist watch from Penny Arcade's Tycho for the Spy (Pac-Man!)

•Strong Bad's styling "Dangeresque" sunglasses for the Demoman

I will pre-order when I get home :)
For 5$, it's worth it for the sick Minigun
Delicious.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
(._.) said:
I have an idea. Next time when everybody is on wanting to play TF2 we all meet up in the group chat and crash another big server like a SourceOP or Lotus server (GAF STACK)
Depending on the server, we may be the ones who get stacked against :p

Yasae

Banned
Boonoo said:
That may just be your CPU. I'm able to max everything out with my 460, and it stays smooth.
The 460 is one of the Palit overclocks @ 800 MHz. It was $190, so...... No way I was going to pass that up.

I haven't played TF2 yet, so we'll see if the stuttering is around. Went from not being able to play the Mafia 2 demo at all (my ancient X1900 is unsupported) to butter smooth and incredible looking. Great card at a great price.

I hope it's not the CPU.

Boonoo

Yasae said:
The 460 is one of the Palit overclocks @ 800 MHz. It was $190, so...... No way I was going to pass that up.

I haven't played TF2 yet, so we'll see if the stuttering is around. Went from not being able to play the Mafia 2 demo at all (my ancient X1900 is unsupported) to butter smooth and incredible looking. Great card at a great price.

I hope it's not the CPU.

What cpu do you have? I have a q6600 that at stock 2.4 drops below 60 constantly and at 3.6 never does--this is with multicore enabled. If I take it off it can't hit 60 either.

TF2 has gotten incredibly cpu hungry. I can't imagine what it would be like trying to play at the original required (1.7 single core) specs now. At the recommended specs on my brother's old computer I had trouble staying at 20.

(._.)

Banned
Just preordered poker night. I knew when they announced HWG was gonna be in it that there was going to be some TF2 stuff. $5 also for a fun poker game is a deal.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
:lol I kinda wanted to buy Poker Night anyway (since I don't know Poker very well, and playing as the Heavy would motivate me to try), put those bonuses - I'm in.

Javaman

Yasae said:
See the inverse of this statement is always true. If you're old
unlike Java
, nothing's loud.

"Was it 110 dB? I couldn't tell." :lol Just fucking put a jet engine in your living room... At least they keep time.

EDIT: Oh and I upgraded to a gtx 460. Let's see if I get stutters!
Magic 8 Ball says yes

What? What did you say? Damn whippersnappers, get off my lawn!

Weenerz

Banned
I've spent like $50 on keys for crates for random shit, hell yes will I spend $5 for a bunch of pre-order goodies! Do we get access to the items instantly or do we have to wait for the game to come out?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Weenerz said:
I've spent like $50 on keys for crates for random shit, hell yes will I spend $5 for a bunch of pre-order goodies! Do we get access to the items instantly or do we have to wait for the game to come out?
You get the Visor when the game comes out if you preorder, you have to play the game to get the other items, And don't have to preorder for them, meaning they will gradually go down in value if you are into that

Trouble

Banned
Drkirby said:
You get the Visor when the game comes out if you preorder, you have to play the game to get the other items, And don't have to preorder for them, meaning they will gradually go down in value if you are into that
You get the visor right now if you preordered. They just released a tiny update.

Blizzard

Banned
Well I don't like paid DLC and items that require other games to get, but a heavy hat? They're FORCING me to buy this game I probably would have anyway. :mad:

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Yeef said:
Well I'll definitely pick up poker night now.

For those of you having CPU-based framerate issues try out some of these configs:

http://fakkelbrigade.eu/chris/configs/

They fixed most of my issues.

I knew I shouldn't have done that, I'm getting all kinds of weird graphical bugs now. Even after removing the file and the launch settings. =(

Boonoo

Make sure you do -autoconfig for one game launch then take it off. Also take off steam cloud both in game and through steam.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Boonoo said:
Make sure you do -autoconfig for one game launch then take it off. Also take off steam cloud both in game and through steam.

ah, that fixed it. thanks

Yeef

I dyed my visor black!

Also, why has the server been empty for like the last week and a half. I joined randomly on Tuesday afternoon and then when people saw just 1 person on the server like 6 other people joined. You people need to just join the server and invite people/wait for like 5 minutes.

Yasae

Banned
Boonoo said:
What cpu do you have? I have a q6600 that at stock 2.4 drops below 60 constantly and at 3.6 never does--this is with multicore enabled. If I take it off it can't hit 60 either.

TF2 has gotten incredibly cpu hungry. I can't imagine what it would be like trying to play at the original required (1.7 single core) specs now. At the recommended specs on my brother's old computer I had trouble staying at 20.
It's an E6550. The multicore rendering option really doesn't seem to make a difference, I get the same performance and the occasional crash either way.

I'm gonna play now and see if I get stuttering. Cross your fingers
or claws, or whatever it is you filthy scouts have at the end of your arms

Drkirby said:
Make me group admin, I'll announce us up a storm!
Me too!

Edit: also, update details:
Valve said:
Team Fortress 2 Update Released
Product Update - Valve
Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Team Fortress 2

* Fixed a bug that prevented Mac players from getting the Halloween achievements
* Fixed a bug that prevented Mac players from receiving the in-game notifications for items, duels, etc.
* Fixed Engineers being able to build under the final capture point in Mann Manor
* Added the Dealer's Visor for players who pre-purchase Poker Night from Telltale Games. See http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=4608&p=1 for full details.
Yay, I was getting kind of annoyed that I wasn't getting some of those achievements.

Oreoleo

corn_fest said:
We need more steam group admins to make announcements, really.

I've been on the other side of this fence before, and you are absolutely right. A few people who are still playing regularly should be made admin for the Steam group.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm always on Steam in the evenings and I don't mind making an announcement if anyone asks me. Hardly anyone ever does, though! I might have actually joined tonight except the server didn't seem to be updated/working.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Weird. I have a friend already gifted to me the Poker game, and I have already received and claimed it. However, the visor isn't showing up in TF2.

Volcynika

Ookami-kun said:
Weird. I have a friend already gifted to me the Poker game, and I have already received and claimed it. However, the visor isn't showing up in TF2.

Did you go into a game and die/respawn? That's how items normally show up.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
(._.) said:
It was given to me through the new ingame alert window.
You could get it the old way, but I do like how they added that feature in without ever stating it. Like if you get an item drop but just disconnect from the server rather then dying, it will say so in the alert window instead of you having to wait till your next death.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Volcynika said:
Did you go into a game and die/respawn? That's how items normally show up.
You can also just check the store now.

Edit: Beaten. Blah, I should really read further down.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I love going to the TF2 message board for a good laugh, its nothing but bitching, bad jokes, and item value talks :lol

How does Sales Tax work on Steam Wallet stuff?

Am I charged Sales Tax from the wallet or when I add funds to the wallet.

Because I want to buy the Poker game at 4.50 and have enough to buy a Sticky Jumper. But if I'm charged tax on the Poker game (despite using points) I won't have enough.

So what I'm asking is
-Is tax added when I buy the points?
-Or do I have to use those points to pay the sales tax?

corn_fest

balladofwindfishes said:
How does Sales Tax work on Steam Wallet stuff?

Am I charged Sales Tax from the wallet or when I add funds to the wallet.

Because I want to buy the Poker game at 4.50 and have enough to buy a Sticky Jumper. But if I'm charged tax on the Poker game (despite using points) I won't have enough.

So what I'm asking is
-Is tax added when I buy the points?
-Or do I have to use those points to pay the sales tax?
I think it's when you use the points.

corn_fest said:
I think it's when you use the points.
boo

That means I can't buy a Sticky Jumper using the leftover points from the Poker Night.

I guess I'll just pay for the Poker Night in real people money

Why doesn't the Mann co store use real people money?

Wait, I just went to buy the Poker Night and it says I don't pay sales tax on it.

I live in NY, we pay tax on everything. So I guess I can get a Sticky Jumper. Weird

corn_fest

balladofwindfishes said:
boo

That means I can't buy a Sticky Jumper using the leftover points from the Poker Night.

I guess I'll just pay for the Poker Night in real people money

Why doesn't the Mann co store use real people money?

Wait, I just went to buy the Poker Night and it says I don't pay sales tax on it.

I live in NY, we pay tax on everything. So I guess I can get a Sticky Jumper. Weird
Yeah, I was going to ask, but I figured you lived in WA. Only residents of WA pay tax on Steam.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't been on due to exhaustion from work. I spend all day staring at a computer screen...last thing I want to do is come back, stare and the computer screen, and yell at noobs on my team.

I guess people aren't on cause school and work is ramping up? Or they need a break from the madness that was Halloween?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom