• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeef said:
The resistance is designed for defense. The stickies take longer to become active and you have to be looking at them to make them explode.

Pros are that you can lay much more stickies (14 vs. 8), it shoots faster and you can destroy enemy stickies with your explosions.
I find it somewhat useful in Offense, but kind of like defensive offense since they have to be placed in a way where you anticipate your enemy is going to walk there.

It's also hilarious to prevent any exit other than the sewers just by hanging out ontop of the 2Fort bridge building. You can block all 4 doors.

(._.)

Banned
You may be able to sticky jump a bit further. I can't remember since I never use it. It is on the same level as the backburner. It is so useless.

Chinner

Banned
Drkirby said:
What is the pros and cons of the Scottish Resistance over the normal sticky bomb launcher?
in terms of bullet points:
- able to lay 14 stickies instead of 8
- able to counter normal stickies
- you have to look at the stickies to detonate them.
- faster firing speed
- slower detention speed.

theoretically you should be able to make some sweet traps. it can be useful in some really specific cases; clearing stickies that a demo has laid at the gate on a payload map at the beginning of a round, or on some capture points.

practically, i would say its pretty useless compared to the normal sticky launcher with the biggest hindrance being the slower detention speed. this makes it pretty much a defensive only weapon. i usually see demos take this too far, they'll make some nice traps at the second capture point and just sit there until the enemy comes while the rest of team needs them on the front line for some basic area denial or sticky traps.

when you do get a demo with the sr on the front line then you find hes pretty useless because the detention speed is slow and almost every other class are taking them out quickly. making improvised offensive attacks is pretty much useless because the detention speed is too slow. admittedly, you can become good with the pipe launcher (which any demo should be anyway), and this will help with your handicap. i really can't stress how much the time delay makes you a sitting duck.

it's not even worth ubering or kritzing them. because the detention speed is so slow it slows down the attack in general, gives the enemies time to juggle/separate them and clear the stickies the demo has laid.

i play demoman pretty much exclusively and i think every demo goes through a sr stage because you think of the sweet stuff you could pull off, but in reality it sucks. just stick with the sticky launcher it's just more effective both offensively and defensively.

edit: forgot that both plain and tactical retreats are made more difficult because you have to be looking at the stickies to detonate them. sticky jumps are made harder and less effective because you have to be look at the sticky when you're jumping...

Yeef

Chinner said:
sticky jumps are made harder and less effective because you have to be look at the sticky when you're jumping...
Not true. Any sticky underneath you will detonate regardless of if you're looking at it or not. It's good for sticky jumping, but not so good for not blowing yourself up without realizing it.

Chinner

Banned
Yeef said:
Not true. Any sticky underneath you will detonate regardless of if you're looking at it or not. It's good for sticky jumping, but not so good for not blowing yourself up without realizing it.
last time i tried if you tried to wait until the last second so you took the least amount of damage while getting some decent distance then it wouldn't do it.

maybe they've changed it since i've last tried then.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Got an Engineer cap for my spare Nappers, yay.

Should I try to track down some Indubitably Green paint and repaint it? Maybe Purple, I mainly want something to get it to stick out more.

Yasae

Banned
Drkirby said:

Should I try to track down some Indubitably Green paint and repaint it? Maybe Purple, I mainly want something to get it to stick out more.
something something Buddha something true happiness something letting go of all possessions

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Drkirby said:

i have two purples if you want one.

Boonoo

HIGHLANDER UPDTATE
HIGHLANDER UPDTATE
HIGHLANDER UPDTATE
HIGHLANDER UPDTATE

Match is at 8eastern Saturday.

HIGHLANDER UPDTATE
HIGHLANDER UPDTATE
HIGHLANDER UPDTATE
HIGHLANDER UPDTATE

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Ze Goggles = best Medic hat, though the Prussian Picklehaube is snapping at its feet for coolness factor.

I've still got neither and running around with that pathetic cheater's lament instead.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Boonoo said:
HIGHLANDER INFO!

How does SATURDAY Nov 14 at 8 Eastern sound?
That works for me.
rac said:
Sounds good. Just let me be scout :U.
Nop. Well, unless we get another good soldier. Just pewpew their sniper.

I played a bit of demo today and was hitting my pipes. Felt pretty awesome.

Blizzard

Banned
Boonoo said:
HIGHLANDER UPDTATE
HIGHLANDER UPDTATE
HIGHLANDER UPDTATE
HIGHLANDER UPDTATE

Match is at 8eastern Saturday.

HIGHLANDER UPDTATE
HIGHLANDER UPDTATE
HIGHLANDER UPDTATE
HIGHLANDER UPDTATE
Welp, n0b gets to be heavy then, I've got plans that evening. :(

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Anyone want a physician's mask? I found another one tonight, will trade for a hat or sexual favors.

Oh dear.....which one of you did this...

1eo29y.png

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Boonoo

Well, since the Online section is going public, and more threads are being placed in here I don't think we need a gaming side TF2 thread anymore. Plus I'm really lazy about making it.

On an unrelated note it's nice how quickly TF2 bounces back to normalcy. The Halloween event wasn't the best, but by now there's almost no sign it was even here.

So I'm getting unsolicited messages from TF2 collectors I am guessing that there is a list of current elusive item owners. I'm going to start trolling each one of them.
me: who you be?
TheLion: o hey mate
TheLion: sorry for disturbing you
TheLion: we dont know eachother
TheLion: i saw on tf2items you got a soldier medal up for trade
TheLion: and im open
TheLion: to offer you
TheLion: hats you like for it
me: it's not for sale
TheLion: not even for 2-3 hats of your choice?
me: i don't really play TF2 anymore anyway
me: sorry
TheLion: so don't you want to trade it away
TheLion: please :D ?
me: why do you want it so bad?
TheLion: well my favourite class is soldier
TheLion: and i want to have a misc item for him
me: would you suck my dick for it?
TheLion: LOL
TheLion: maybe
TheLion: as im gay
Guy has a furry avatar so I'm not doubting him.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Visualante said:
So I'm getting unsolicited messages from TF2 collectors I am guessing that there is a list of current elusive item owners. I'm going to start trolling each one of them.

Guy has a furry avatar so I'm not doubting him.
Yeah, there is a list of everyone who owns one:
http://www.tf2items.com/lists/medals/#1

Whats your Steam ID, there is a chance that its due to medal number that you are getting haggled as much as your are.

Boonoo

moojito said:
That quote to read trick is pretty awesome. Having to use it, not so much!

I don't think it will really need to be used too terribly much. I can't really think of anything its necessary for besides something like Minecraft where you would want gaffers only.

Blizzard

Banned
I might have made it to the event earlier, but Vista apparently failed a chkdsk and automatically rebooted, so I'm stuck waiting hours to try to recover it. In the meantime I'm using a laptop. :( Pity, since I was trying to spend this weekend doing driver development. I guess it's time to back stuff up and buy yet another backup hard drive...

Milabrega

Someone rage quit on the Gaf server saying he'd crash the server, everyone's ping shot to 900+ and its no longer on the server list after I tried to quit/rejoin. On the plus side I found my second hat ever, the Prussian Pickelhaube!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom