• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Lionheart1337 said:
I hate Steam. I`m stuck with a suspended update for 2+ hours......wtf.

I don't even have >2 cores.
Try changing your download region to Iceland or Toronto and restarting Steam. There are a variety of tricks to get updates working, so hopefully you're not out of luck.

Yeef

Jangaroo said:
Where the heck were you today Kuro? I had nobody to backstab :(
sad_clown.jpg

Boonoo

The team is all signed up, and we're sticking to our guns and not practicing at all! Hopefully more information will be out soon concerning matches and the like.

moojito

Does the steam community group have any actual use, or is it just like a facebook group, sort of "this player belongs to the following groups: tf2_gaf, i_like_cheese" etc?

Yeef

moojito said:
Does the steam community group have any actual use, or is it just like a facebook group, sort of "this player belongs to the following groups: tf2_gaf, i_like_cheese" etc?
Usually Java and others will make announcements that it is time to play TF2. It generally takes the server from empty to full in the span of 20 minutes.

Javaman

moojito said:

It really depends on what the admins want to do with it. There's chat functionality and other invite stuff to help organize people. Like Yeef said though, it makes it much easier to get a game going. In the past I had to PM each person individually to send invites. This is much quicker and less annoying.

moojito

Ah, that sounds pretty handy. I'll make sure and add myself to that so you can all benefit from some genuine Scottish laggy pipe bomb spam!

DogWelder

The group also has Player of the Week, which I've been for three straight weeks now.
3473_31.png

(The admins probably just forgot to change it).

Javaman

esc said:
The group also has Player of the Week, which I've been for three straight weeks now.
3473_31.png

(The admins probably just forgot to change it).

Actually that's given to the worst player to make them feel better about themselves.

Kamaki

Boonoo said:
Sounds like you need an fps config!

Here's one that was posted in the SA thread a while ago.

30hv6g3.jpg

1zp4q6b.jpg
So... if I tried this out and now want to get my nice looking graphics back how would I go around doing so?

Just changing my settings back up to high only changes my view model and the environment back to high, not all the others players. Also the character select screens are stuck using the low fps models :(

Boonoo

Kamaki said:
So... if I tried this out and now want to get my nice looking graphics back how would I go around doing so?

Just changing my settings back up to high only changes my view model and the environment back to high, not all the others players. Also the character select screens are stuck using the low fps models :(

Did you change your launch settings? Those seem to stick around more strongly than the config. going down to dx 8 mode especially.

I went ahead and just stuck -autoconfig in my launch properties, launched the game, then took it out again. This should set all graphical settings to default.

One thing that seemed left behind was r_decals 1; I went ahead and upped that.

There may be some more lingering effects. Post if any pop up.

-autoconfig in the launch options should more or less fix things, though.

Blizzard

Banned
Boonoo said:
Did you change your launch settings? Those seem to stick around more strongly than the config. going down to dx 8 mode especially.

I went ahead and just stuck -autoconfig in my launch properties, launched the game, then took it out again. This should set all graphical settings to default.

One thing that seemed left behind was r_decals 1; I went ahead and upped that.

There may be some more lingering effects. Post if any pop up.

So basically, -autoconfig resets some magical defaults? Once upon a time I tried the 360 controller option for fun, and it has STILL left some sort of auto-config commands by default, as far as I can tell. I think I tried changing .cfg files but at least one of them automatically gets overwritten when the game launches.

Boonoo

Blizzard said:
So basically, -autoconfig resets some magical defaults? Once upon a time I tried the 360 controller option for fun, and it has STILL left some sort of auto-config commands by default, as far as I can tell. I think I tried changing .cfg files but at least one of them automatically gets overwritten when the game launches.

I think it only affects visual settings. you could try sticking -nojoy into your launch options for full removal of 360 stuff.

Kamaki

Boonoo said:
Thanks that did the job.

Don't know where I would post this so I'll just drop it here. Decided to actually try my hand at making a hat for TF2, which is a fair feat for me as I haven't played with source or actually have the ability to model in 3D. I think I might be able to wrap my head around this.

Sim Plumbob Heavy Hat.
2ue2ype.jpg

Tony Tony Chopper Medic Hat.
25styk6.jpg

Kamaki

Yasae said:
Goddy hats are goddy.
Aww Thank You. :D I can assure they aren't though.
Kulock said:
Looks like a good start. How long did the Chopper hat take you?
Taking into account the amount of time I spent working things out, about 2 hours.
If you wanted me to make it now it would take less then 10 minutes.

Jcdragon

It was nice playing with you guys tonight. I'm still not that great thought. I had about 4 people dominating me at one point. :lol I was pleasantly surprised when I was the MVP for that one round. Good times, good times.

DogWelder

Did they tweak Upwards? It seems like the cart moves a bit faster. There's been a lot more caps recently than when it first came out.

This will be my last few days of TF2 for a while due to school. :(

rac

Banned
After playing with you guys yesterday I had to do some weapon crafting. LeMeilleur.dll made playing attack engi look fucking awesome and the equalizer looked so useful. After playing for an hour right now as an attack engi it didn't disappoint. Possibly the funnest time with TF2 I've ever had.

moojito

I got my first ever non sudden death non spy melee kill yesterday! Stuck in close quarters with an enemy pyro, out of pipe bombs, I whipped out the bottle and made with the chib. Good times :)

After putting in 5-10 hours with most of the classes (except sniper crying alone with 42 minutes played) I've decided to stick with the demo man for the moment and try and break out of the newbie level since I'm getting a fair understanding of the more common maps now.

Javaman

esc said:
Did they tweak Upwards? It seems like the cart moves a bit faster. There's been a lot more caps recently than when it first came out.

This will be my last few days of TF2 for a while due to school. :(

Noooooooooo Dog. Forget education, you've got to keep your priorities straight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom