• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

divisionbyzorro said:
That last example was silly. Standing anywhere in tr_walkway is like standing in front of a resupply cabinet. He unloaded four straight shots into a heavy using a shotgun that only has 3 shots in the clip.
Yeah well DUH, tr_walkway uses ideal or better than ideal conditions, but it's still awesome otherwise.

divisionbyzorro said:
That last example was silly. Standing anywhere in tr_walkway is like standing in front of a resupply cabinet. He unloaded four straight shots into a heavy using a shotgun that only has 3 shots in the clip.

Yeah. Though ideally other people would be shooting at the Heavy during this time. And thankfully since it is impossible to aim straight down in TF2 the Heavy can't do shit to the Pyro.

Sciz said:
It does. That's very much on purpose, and why the saharan set is so incredibly absurd.

I kind of want to know the exact range of the Dead Ringer, and how load of a sound will drown it out.

Proven

Someone is claiming that with a wall you can airblast, reserve shoot, and still axetinguish before they hit the ground. That's about 300 dmg. And that video shows you can realistically shoot them twice before they land, tacking on another 100 dmg.

Obsessed said:
Yeah. Though ideally other people would be shooting at the Heavy during this time. And thankfully since it is impossible to aim straight down in TF2 the Heavy can't do shit to the Pyro.

I kind of want to know the exact range of the Dead Ringer, and how load of a sound will drown it out.
I think this is it.

Sciz

Probably because all you ever hear are rocket explosions and the IW and CnD blend right into those.

The DR's sound is incredibly distinct, though. If it's audible at all, you can pick it out of the background noise.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sciz said:
Probably because all you ever hear are rocket explosions and the IW and CnD blend right into those.

The DR's sound is incredibly distinct, though. If it's audible at all, you can pick it out of the background noise.
SHADDAP Scizzy!

You have headphones on and the sound turned all the way up. No WAY you should've heard me cloak around you sometimes...

That, or hacks!

Sciz

Kuro Madoushi said:
SHADDAP Scizzy!

You have headphones on and the sound turned all the way up. No WAY you should've heard me cloak around you sometimes...

That, or hacks!
Heavy hears one thing

Subtle noise of man with knife

Kuro dies again

All this of hearing DR spies during a regular fire fight, it is really hard sometimes. I may have distinctly heard it a couple of times. It is not possible to raise the volume of the DR cloak sound within your files, right?

Pffft. Sciz hacks.

I remember one time on Doublecross, he was a Sniper on the deck, and I was a Spy. I took the sewer route and got to the deck to kill him and he was waiting for me with a knife. His excuse was, "I heard you walking in the water.".

Sciz

Cloudius12 said:
It is not possible to raise the volume of the DR cloak sound within your files, right?
I don't think you can modify the GCF directly, but you can point the game at custom files instead of the defaults. Servers, in turn, have a variable (sv_pure) that can be set to prevent clients from being able to use those sorts of modifications.

ArtistDude88 said:
Pffft. Sciz hacks.

I remember one time on Doublecross, he was a Sniper on the deck, and I was a Spy. I took the sewer route and got to the deck to kill him and he was waiting for me with a knife. His excuse was, "I heard you walking in the water.".
I don't remember that at all. It sounds like something I'd do, though! Water provides a couple of different useful cues that most people ignore, especially for catching spies. When it's quiet, even footsteps at range travel, and the battlements are directly above the sewer access.

But then I also play a lot of Serious Sam, so listening for audio cues is just part of what I do in an FPS.

Boney

Banned
So it didn't let me join the Gorge map because it said it was different from the server's, so looked it up on the maps folder and it wasn't there. There was only a cache of it (whatever that is) and deleted that, but still couldn't join.

Halp?

Forkball

Beta updates are cool, but they are basically saying, "hey, check out this cool stuff you won't get to do for months!" Just give me loadouts now and keep the rest for later!

tf2modding114.png

342b251eae6c71b436b341045e476.jpg

jkrndz.png

luty2.jpg

h5GqJ.jpg

Also this would be cool:
wVgXJ.png

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sciz said:
Heavy hears one thing

Subtle noise of man with knife

Kuro dies again
You were actually an engie that time on Gorge.

I thought I decloaked far enough way...I was stupid. I saw you turn and face me and I still went for the stab.

XeroSauce

Tried out the Degreaser/Reserve Shooter on the Beta..not as easy as I thought it would be, but still effective.

The problem is, if you're going to be close enough to do a PB shot, you are close enough for Axetinguisher.

Yeef

http://tf2.gafserver.com/demos - Full-game demos from tonight.

On Monday I'll make it look prettier (same with the maps page).

For those of you that don't know how to load demos, basic instructions are here: http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Demo_Recording_Tools#Basic_recording_and_playback

There's a program to convert demos to replays, but I've never tried it, so I don't know how well it works. you can find it here: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1107048-Replayer-A-program-converting-.dem-files-into-TF2-Replays

Yeef

Drkirby said:
Maybe he means the glitch where a Pyro can go behind the door at A, and burn people though it?
Yup. Just watched the Steel match and crushed was doing that. it's funny how people didn't seem to learn. It's fairly easy to avoid once you know the pyro is there.

Yeef said:
http://tf2.gafserver.com/demos - Full-game demos from tonight.

On Monday I'll make it look prettier (same with the maps page).

For those of you that don't know how to load demos, basic instructions are here: http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Demo_Recording_Tools#Basic_recording_and_playback

There's a program to convert demos to replays, but I've never tried it, so I don't know how well it works. you can find it here: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1107048-Replayer-A-program-converting-.dem-files-into-TF2-Replays
This is awesome! Includes microphone voices as well. Expected the file size to be big, but its puny.

Converter works.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeef said:
Yup. Just watched the Steel match and crushed was doing that. it's funny how people didn't seem to learn. It's fairly easy to avoid once you know the pyro is there.
Since it's clearly a glitch that Valve has forgotten to fix, can we ban anyone who uses it? =D

*edit* I will also settle for a time-bomb.

Yeef

It's less a glitch and more a symptom of the way flamethrower hits are calculated. The same trick works at most spawn gates.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, time to set up my idler's. Been two weeks since they last ran, I have work at 8 AM, so I should get about 16 hours of time when I don't need my PC, meaning I can afford to have 90% of my systems Ram tied up in TF2 instances.

Yeef

Bluth54 said:
cp_Zinkenite Valley
*sigh*

Do I really have to post a link to the post where I post a link to the post where I added that map like a month and a half ago?

Silly Bluth and Forkball!

Also, I'll check out Mangrove tomorrow.

Tenck

Sciz said:
It does. That's very much on purpose, and why the saharan set is so incredibly absurd.

That's what makes me ignore it. I've seen spies who can make real good use of it without the saharan spy set (Metaphorically and Stabby) but when I use it I always get spotted and killed.

Bluth54

Yeef said:
*sigh*

Do I really have to post a link to the post where I post a link to the post where I added that map like a month and a half ago?

Silly Bluth and Forkball!

Also, I'll check out Mangrove tomorrow.

Well to be fair it appears the version of cp_zinkenite on the server is alpha 1 and the current version is beta 2.

But to be fair to you Yeef I was too lazy to look at the custom map link. ;)

Sianos

I need to stop playing on the Jank when I'm really tired. It's no fun for me screwing up the absolute basics, and its no fun for anyone to listen to me be tired. :p

Well, better luck tonight!

Prodigal

Banned
Are you guys checking your idle accounts from work or away from home or something? Because I thought that you had to actually die before the new pickups would show up...unless the TF2 backpack site shows 'em anyway regardless.

Prodigal said:
Are you guys checking your idle accounts from work or away from home or something? Because I thought that you had to actually die before the new pickups would show up...unless the TF2 backpack site shows 'em anyway regardless.

I use TF2B, which shows what you get as drops. Like, here's my account now, idling. I've gotten 5 new items :D

webrunner

Prodigal said:
Ah cool, thanks!

When you idle, do you just join a training match bot game and leave it on the chalkboard screen?

If you run TF2 with this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 440 -novid -textmode -nosound -nopreload +map_background itemtest

It'll run a local server that is good for idling.

Top Bottom