• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

TF2 has been acting strange lately, there's like a small pause every minute and my FPS dropped a lot. Checking the fragmented files I see the game's folder there.

It's been a long ass time since I defragged, this is gonna take a while.

Bluth54

Sgt.Pepper said:
TF2 has been acting strange lately, there's like a small pause every minute and my FPS dropped a lot. Checking the fragmented files I see the game's folder there.

I've been getting small 1-2 second pauses too. It happens every 15 minutes or so for me so I don't mind it too much. It just recently started so I'm guessing it's something from one of the last few updates. Hopefully Valve will fix it soon

Forkball

Yeah my TF2 framerate has plummeted recently. It used to be over 100 at all times, but sometimes it dips below 60 which is unacceptable considering I have an HD6850. I cleaned my graphics card and the rest of my computer, and I haven't noticed problems in other games. I'm going to try to defrag the files too.

Forkball said:
Yeah my TF2 framerate has plummeted recently. It used to be over 100 at all times, but sometimes it dips below 60 which is unacceptable considering I have an HD6850. I cleaned my graphics card and the rest of my computer, and I haven't noticed problems in other games. I'm going to try to defrag the files too.
Something something lod models something.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Bluth54 said:
I've been getting small 1-2 second pauses too. It happens every 15 minutes or so for me so I don't mind it too much. It just recently started so I'm guessing it's something from one of the last few updates. Hopefully Valve will fix it soon

Yea i've also been getting this. I think it was mentioned a few pages back along with others as well.

Would love to know what the heck is causing it.

Relax.MX

I'm tired of playing with my ping is 60 in a min and then go to 400...and just happen in TF2...(more in Gaf Server) i dont have good conexion but i play even RO2(64 players) without the ping of Gaf TF2 Server..

Edit: Happened to me since last week(maybe 2)

KarmaCow

Sgt.Pepper said:

How do you defrag TF2? Steam's defragger doesn't do anything (despite it taking forever).

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
evlcookie said:
Yea i've also been getting this. I think it was mentioned a few pages back along with others as well.

Would love to know what the heck is causing it.

I am also getting this. Should not surprise anyone, TF2 runs like shit with all the garbage they've added.

Proven

Strangely enough, I've been getting less overall pauses from TF2 lately. I'll still get the random complete disconnect though, but I attribute that to playing from a wifi connection on my laptop.

Emitan

For some reason when I play as Soldier and have the Equalizer out I start thinking I'm in Minecraft and get mad when I can't destroy parts of the level.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
KarmaCow said:
How do you defrag TF2? Steam's defragger doesn't do anything (despite it taking forever).

You can always use gfcscrape, which i just did then. Still get the odd freezing though.

Emitan

Tenck, I made a new spray.

lLeCu.jpg

If anyone good with art wants to put a Raichu face on Tenck's avatar I would be very happy

XeroSauce

Billychu said:
For some reason when I play as Soldier and have the Equalizer out I start thinking I'm in Minecraft and get mad when I can't destroy parts of the level.

I named my Equalizer "Diamond Pickaxe" ._.

Yeef

Just made a couple of small changes to the server:
  • Upped the waiting for players time to 45 seconds to allow more time for people to join teams before the scramble.
  • Changed the scramble method from Stats rank to stats points. So having 1 metaphorically on your team is worth 2 treecubeds (at present, anyway).
  • Reduced the time you're allowed to be idle to 1 minute down from 3 minutes.
  • If you're idle for too long you'll just get moved spectator now instead of getting kicked.
The changes should take effect on the next map change.

Emitan

Yeef said:
If you're idle for too long you'll just get moved spectator now instead of getting kicked.
Awesome. Sometimes I have to leave for a couple minutes so it's nice to not be kicked completely out of the server now.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Every time you vote Hightower, a small innocent kitten dies.

Please, think of the kittens.

Acerac

Banned
Pancakes said:
Every time you vote Hightower, a small innocent kitten dies.

Please, think of the kittens.
My new strategy is to nominate Degroot whenever I see Hightower.

You want a crappy map? I'll give you a crappy map.

Also, you're a bastard. At least cover my sprays with something other than Twilight.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Acerac said:

Also, you're a bastard. At least cover my sprays with something other than Twilight.

The pony wars have only just begun...

Yeef

Acerac said:

A. hightower is a great Map.
B.
xDpmE.png

C. Anyone who doesn't like hightower is a stupidbut

Blizzard

Banned
I think we should just delete hightower and replace it with 2fort. At least 2fort has a bigger area to run around in with some cool buildings where you can get sweet frags.

Blizzard said:
I think we should just delete hightower and replace it with 2fort. At least 2fort has a bigger area to run around in with some cool buildings where you can get sweet frags.
Don't forget those awesome sniper nests, bro. Total challenge but you can show off those bitchin scope skills.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man put that brain sentry in the game Valve. Would so give it some Andross related name and description.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The soldier feels like a different class, a different speed when you go from the direct hit to the standard launcher.

I played on a training duel map and holy shit was I bad. I couldn't hit any middie or do any real damage with a direct hit compared to the standard launcher that the other guys were using. I got destroyed in points.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
evlcookie said:
The soldier feels like a different class, a different speed when you go from the direct hit to the standard launcher.

I played on a training duel map and holy shit was I bad. I couldn't hit any middie or do any real damage with a direct hit compared to the standard launcher that the other guys were using. I got destroyed in points.
DH I've learned you need to be really close or have good aim.

Top Bottom