• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Yeef

Hey Borgnine, the mini-sentry issue should be fixed now.
Clydefrog said:
Friday TF2 Banter

If you could grab one item from the game and have it in real life, what would it be?

I pick the Medi-Gun.

Bonk! Atomic Punch.

I would hit by so many cars (and do other stupid shit) without fear of self-harm. It would be so much fun.

Alternately, a teleporter.

moojito

I really wish they'd get rid of the demo's "I didn't need your help y'know" 'thank you'. It's really annoying having to spam thanks multiple times so as not to appear like an arse to your medic.

Chinner

Banned
Yeef said:
$10k in almost a year isn't really that good. I mean, if it's supplemental income it's great, but it's not as though you could make a living off of it.
ooh look guess we know who the rich white kid is.

Is anyone else's Steam hogging a single core of their processor? Steam.exe always eats around 50% CPU for me no matter what I'm doing (even if all windows are closed). It bogged down my TF2 so much. 20-25FPS on any map at the lowest settings FTL.

Chesskid1

Banned
Grimm Fandango said:
Uh can the IRS tap that at all?

of course they can. all income is taxable.

hell, remember that one mobster? al capone or whatever?

got busted for not paying his taxes, not for murdering people or whatever. you have to claim it, even if you made the money illegally. of course you don't have to state how you make it when you file taxes.

Chesskid1

Banned
Yeef said:
$10k in almost a year isn't really that good. I mean, if it's supplemental income it's great, but it's not as though you could make a living off of it.

he could of made soo much more if he learned to play online poker (but sadly that bubble has burst).

but still a decent amount.

just sucks you have to take advantage of newbs to get stuff for cheaps.

and now there are things like unusual scanners (i don't know of it but read about it in the AMA) so when people find an unusual, they will get like 10+ friend requests overnight trying to rip em off, so it's pretty hard to do it now possibly.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
That just makes me wonder how much money these kinds of people will make with Diablo 3.

Clydefrog

Chesskid1 said:
and now there are things like unusual scanners (i don't know of it but read about it in the AMA) so when people find an unusual, they will get like 10+ friend requests overnight trying to rip em off, so it's pretty hard to do it now possibly.

guess nobody wanted my unusual when i found it like a week ago :(

*sad raincloud is sad*

Tenck

15 year old kid is a douche. His logic to scamming is hilarious. "If I didn't do it, someone else would."

Also, buying buds for $5. Just add me and don't tell anyone else you're doing it for this cheap...er I mean expensive.

@Clyde: I will give you $20 for it.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Clydefrog said:
If you could grab one item from the game and have it in real life, what would it be?

Your lifeless ragdoll. You can't say no to me anymore.

Hey Borgnine, the mini-sentry issue should be fixed now.

Cool. I just realized this also means Artemis was probably telling the truth when he claimed he destroyed so many of them with his huntsman, and I mocked him because the stats didn't back him up. I probably owe him an apology.

Welp, see you guys later!

Bakphoon

Chesskid1 said:
he could of made soo much more if he learned to play online poker (but sadly that bubble has burst).

but still a decent amount.

just sucks you have to take advantage of newbs to get stuff for cheaps.

I get spammed wit friend requests because of my team captain #26...

Everyone is trying to hefty lowball me and if i say thats not enough, they insult me and leave.
I think they should know that someone who has such a hat ACTUALLY KNOWS what its worth.

Clydefrog

Cuban Legend said:
Crates for Trade:
-Regular Crates Series 3-28 for trade @ 8 for 1 Scrap. 4 for 1 Random weapon.
-Strange Weapon Crates #19-#28 for trade @ 4 for 1 Scrap.
-Series #29 Crates @ 1 scrap each.

• Series 3 Crate x 6
  • Series 5 Crate
  • Series 7 Crate x 5
  • Series 9 Crate x 9
  • Series 16 Crate
  • Series 18 Crate x 4
  • Series 21 Crate
  • Series 23 Crate x 38
  • Series 24 Crate x 23
  • Series 25 Crate x 23
  • Series 26 Crate x 53
  • Series 27 Crate x 47
  • Series 28 Crate x 50
  • Series 29 Crate x 16

my tf2 backpack http://www.tf2b.com/?id=76561198044280440
add me if interested http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044280440

FvmOg.gif

and good lord that is a lot of crates. idle much?

Clydefrog said:
http://i.imgur.com/FvmOg.gif[IMG]

and good lord that is a lot of crates. idle much?[/QUOTE]
24 alts and counting are giving me a steady flow each month when translated to buds sold for paypal... it's supplemental income, just enough to pay for all the games I ever want to buy throughout the year.

I think it's decent business, I sell keys exclusively to GAF a discount against the mann co. store @ 2.30 (2.00 for 5+ each) , and GAF can save money when opening strange crates. (which i notice is sort of a thing now).

[QUOTE=Cloudius12]You sir posted in the wrong thread.[/QUOTE]
Oh shit, oops. Sorry fellas, moving my crates of shame to the trading thread...

[img]http://www.abload.de/img/charliebrownadc586.gif

Iadien

I thought valve only allowed 1 credit card per 2 steam accounts? is that not true?

Iadien said:
I thought valve only allowed 1 credit card per 2 steam accounts? is that not true?
I believe Visa Giftcards can be used the same way in $10 increments. I think it been said Paypal can do something with virtual credit card numbers or something. Someone help me out here?

Iadien said:
my credit card company allows for an unlimited number of virtual credit card #'s with custom spending limits.

Set 5 or so virtual cards to $10 USD each. Buy premium TF2 for 2 accounts on each card @ $5 USD, for a total of 10 accounts for those 5 virtual cards.

After a month activity, the idlers would have paid for themselves and you can start making a profit if you just smelt all the items into refined and convert the refined up to promo bills or buds to sell on paypal.

Iadien

Cuban Legend said:
my credit card company allows for an unlimited number of virtual credit card #'s with custom spending limits.

Set 5 or so virtual cards to $10 USD each. Buy premium TF2 for 2 accounts on each card @ $5 USD, for a total of 10 accounts for those 5 virtual cards.

After a month activity, the idlers would have paid for themselves and you can start making a profit if you just smelt all the items into refined and convert the refined up to promo bills or buds to sell on paypal.

I'll have to look into this, thanks.

(._.)

Banned
Yeef said:
That is actually pretty good considering he hasn't put that much time into the game

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Clydefrog said:
Friday TF2 Banter

I pick the Medi-Gun.

The Quick-Fix!

sixghost

(._.) said:
That is actually pretty good considering he hasn't put that much time into the game
I think he's probably underestimating how much time he's spent on trading forums or trade servers.

Considering he admitted that he makes most of his money finding people who don't know how much their stuff is worth, I find it hard to believe he's spending that little time.

He claimed it ended up around $25/ho, but I'd guess it was more like $15/ho, which is still great for a kid. He's probably learned more applicable skills doing this than he will throughout all high school. He basically created his own little business. That said, he probably could stand to take an accounting class. He thinks he doesn't need to pay taxes on that income :(

Tenck

Clydefrog said:
Whoa, Steam Gold? I'm in. Slim Shady, msg me!

You get free games and access you community and host your own matches.

Best of all, it's all free!!

I'm currently enjoying all these benefits right now! Join us Clyde!

Clydefrog

Tenck said:
You get free games and access you community and host your own matches.

Best of all, it's all free!!

I'm currently enjoying all these benefits right now! Join us Clyde!

you better not be foolin!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Cuban Legend said:
24 alts and counting are giving me a steady flow each month when translated to buds sold for paypal... it's supplemental income, just enough to pay for all the games I ever want to buy throughout the year.

I think it's decent business, I sell keys exclusively to GAF a discount against the mann co. store @ 2.30 (2.00 for 5+ each) , and GAF can save money when opening strange crates. (which i notice is sort of a thing now).

Oh shit, oops. Sorry fellas, moving my crates of shame to the trading thread...

charliebrownadc586.gif
Do you actually spend the time selling all the "older" weapons, or just craft them all away?

Bluth54

Clydefrog said:
Friday TF2 Banter

I pick the Medi-Gun.

I have to agree with you on the Medi-Gun, you could make a lot of money selling it to the government or a private company.

Top Bottom