• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
evlcookie said:
The soldier feels like a different class, a different speed when you go from the direct hit to the standard launcher.

I played on a training duel map and holy shit was I bad. I couldn't hit any middie or do any real damage with a direct hit compared to the standard launcher that the other guys were using. I got destroyed in points.
Pick Liberty Launcher and laugh all the way to the bank.

Yeef

Direct Hit is primarily used for taking out sentries, heavies and other stationary or near-stationary targets. in most situations the other launchers are going to be a lot better.

Proven

When I first got it, I got really good and started sniping Scouts well enough to still pocket. But then I got the Buff Banner and the rest is history...

One thing to remember about the Direct Hit is that the damage increase gives you stronger rocket jumps. You move overall faster and higher with it, which helps a lot with midrange shots. I need to try the Reserve Shooter with it...

I feel like I should start playing with the Buff Banner to force myself into better rocket reload management. I still feel like the shotgun is a better all-around secondary, but it also becomes a crutch for me to play a little more spammy since I have a decent backup at my side.

Nah, just get better at predicting. Gimp yourself with LnL+Targe. I sucked at first, but I could eventually make my way to the top 3. Switched to GL afterwards since it was really just a GL training wheel thing for me because I couldn't aim pills before. :S

vehn

For those with alt accounts, do you ever get the error "Steam.exe (main exception): Cannot open blob archive file..."? I had been running it fine from one folder for a few weeks then all of a sudden it gives me that error if I try to have more than one steam open using sandboxie. Any ideas on how to easily fix it?

Tenck

Just finished (more like TF2 crashed and was forced to quit) a 69-12 game as Spy. Don't know whether to be glad or sad.

I did really good but the match was nowhere near as tough and exciting as the ones I have on Gaf :'(

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn idiots!

Regular rocket launcher you don't need super good aim, you can rely on splash damage.

kirby troll FAIL!

wartime, you're also one to talk, ICANONLYPLAYDEMOANDSPAMTIME! Left-click, right-click, left-click, right-click

I for one, DON'T have good aim when it comes to scout (artistdude has excellent aim), I MOVE into my shot or I wait for you jumping idiots to land before I get in close to shoot you. I say I'm fairly good at dodging, but artistdude alway seems to track me and get all his shots in. Others like yz50 can still jump/double jump and aim really well.

Sniper, I also don't have good aim, I move my dot where I think you'll be and wait for you to be there. Some people like dbz#ss are ferocious and can scope headshot you if they see you. THAT is good ass aim

For DH, I kept playing it like a regular soldier and kept my distance, but I didn't hit shit. So a really experienced solly told me to move in real close and it helped a lot. There was still too much of a chance to fail so I've stopped using it.

(._.)

Banned
DH just sort of sucks in general. You can get away with using it though on most pub servers with a lot of players but even then it sucks compared to the vanilla RL. I don't think the normal RL will ever be surpassed by an added weapon. People just love it too much.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Grimm Fandango said:
Someone give me hints on how to continually shoot and detonate stickies so quickly.
left click, hold right click, left click, hold right click

edit: Let's not turn this into a Halo thread here, Chinner :D

I'm not like ICANONLYPLAYDEMOTIME...I try to get a handle on all classes.

I'm comfortable with everything except soldier. I just can't get to the same level of comfort as some sollys I see with RJing and coverage.

After watching the youtube vid before I started watching a few more outta boredom....can some you guys post up some of the best/your favs (idc if its a garys mod like YEAH TOAST! or just a kill remix)

DarkKyo

Damn. Just traded my vintage half-zatoichi for 2 keys and a reclaimed.

Surprising how much some vintage weapons go for and nice too since I don't much care about the vintage qualifier.

JackFrost said:
After watching the youtube vid before I started watching a few more outta boredom....can some you guys post up some of the best/your favs (idc if its a garys mod like YEAH TOAST! or just a kill remix)

My favorite.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7wuyJQSM5Q

EDIT: On another note, should I go hunt for an Attendant? Is the set bonus worth it? I definitely like the idea of increased speed, but does it really affect much in practice? And does the increased bullet damage vulnerability really hurt that much either?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
divisionbyzorro said:
My favorite.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7wuyJQSM5Q

EDIT: On another note, should I go hunt for an Attendant? Is the set bonus worth it? I definitely like the idea of increased speed, but does it really affect much in practice? And does the increased bullet damage vulnerability really hurt that much either?

I have a lvl 100 attendent. It's just more 'fun' to play the class and I like being able to chase down spies.

It makes for a fun chaos pyro since you can get in and cause chaos and get out.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What do you guys even mean when you say "don't make this like the halo thread guyz!!!1", I don't play Halo, I am sure a lot of people who play TF2 don't play halo, and I do no read the topic, so I don't know what you are condemning. I really want to tell you to shut the hell up and stop making your silly "Don't make this like X tread guyz" posts, other then trade spam from before, I have had no problem with this topic.

Kuro Madoushi said:
Goddamn idiots!

Regular rocket launcher you don't need super good aim, you can rely on splash damage.

wartime, you're also one to talk, ICANONLYPLAYDEMOANDSPAMTIME! Left-click, right-click, left-click, right-click

pst kuro...
jGdnAcxqVYQsa.jpg

Oreoleo

Drkirby said:
What do you guys even mean when you say "don't make this like the halo thread guyz!!!1", I don't play Halo, I am sure a lot of people who play TF2 don't play halo, and I do no read the topic, so I don't know what you are condemning. I really want to tell you to shut the hell up and stop making your silly "Don't make this like X tread guyz" posts, other then trade spam from before, I have had no problem with this topic.

as far as i can tell, the halo thread was a huge circle jerk of the same few people talking about the game and playing together. the only thing is you have to be friends with those people on xbox live to play with them, and they dont have a server where anyone who lurks the thread could join. i dont really see the connection. so basically yeah they need to shut the hell up.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You sunbitch! >:O

Edit: kirby, Chinner just be hatin'. Honestly, for all the grief I give you guys, I don't think it's unreasonable to compliment and have it interpreted as jeking others off. If anything, complimenting helps noobs out by giving them someone they can watch and learn from.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Kuro Madoushi said:
I have a lvl 100 attendent. It's just more 'fun' to play the class and I like being able to chase down spies.

It makes for a fun chaos pyro since you can get in and cause chaos and get out.

You can't really puff-and-sting as well with the Powerjack, though, so that does become a strategic downside. You can still do it, it's just not as effective.

Drkirby said:
Chinner brought it up, and it has become an inside joke.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Charron said:
You can't really puff-and-sting as well with the Powerjack, though, so that does become a strategic downside. You can still do it, it's just not as effective.
Pyros aren't bees, silly!

I never said anything about axtinguisher, I just said chaos pyro with spy checking effectiveness.

Smithy C

Charron said:
Well, if the Pyro does get to equip the Reserve Shooter, you could do a puff-and-sting with that and have the set on too. At least, that's what I'm planning to do anyway.

Smithy C said:
Well, if the Pyro does get to equip the Reserve Shooter, you could do a puff-and-sting with that and have the set on too. At least, that's what I'm planning to do anyway.
One thing I'm wondering: Would the Reserve Shooter's faster switch time stack with Degreaser's? If so, that would be insane.

Proven

Orellio said:
as far as i can tell, the halo thread was a huge circle jerk of the same few people talking about the game and playing together. the only thing is you have to be friends with those people on xbox live to play with them, and they dont have a server where anyone who lurks the thread could join. i dont really see the connection. so basically yeah they need to shut the hell up.
It was more than just that. But yeah, half the problem was how insular it quickly became.

Oreoleo

Proven said:
It was more than just that. But yeah, half the problem was how insular it quickly became.

i'm genuinely curious what else there was. i didnt really follow the thread a great deal.

at least it wasn't as bad as the rock band thread.

Top Bottom