• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Orellio said:
i'm genuinely curious what else there was. i didnt really follow the thread a great deal.

at least it wasn't as bad as the rock band thread.
Don't turn this into a Rock Band thread! :mad:

Prolly won't use reserve with pyro though. Prefer regular shotty. If I want the extra dmg after a blast I'd rather set on fire and ax.

Edit: rickenslacker that can work too, but you have to wait a bit. If I want fastest plosion I hold it RM.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
cooljeanius said:
One thing I'm wondering: Would the Reserve Shooter's faster switch time stack with Degreaser's? If so, that would be insane.

I believe it does.

As it is I find myself doing puff-and-sting as Attendant Pyro using the Flare Gun anyway, and it works... better than it should.

Kuro Madoushi said:
Edit: rickenslacker that can work too, but you have to wait a bit. If I want fastest plosion I hold it RM.
Yeah, I'm giving this a shot next time around. I need to improve my assy Demoman, he's by far my worst class, while fighting good ones are some of the most infuriating encounters of all.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Rickenslacker said:
Yeah, I'm giving this a shot next time around. I need to improve my assy Demoman, he's by far my worst class, while fighting good ones are some of the most infuriating encounters of all.
Get good position. Angle up. ICANONLYPLAYDEMOANDSPAMTIME.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Hazaro said:
Pick Liberty Launcher and laugh all the way to the bank.

Kuro Madoushi said:
DH I've learned you need to be really close or have good aim.

I loved the liberty launcher when it first came out and that made me want to try and get good with the DH. Surprisingly my close range DH is fucking terrible, I'm better at mid to long distances.

However I was only pointing out how a class can feel different with just a weapon switch. The flow of the game, for me anyway, completely changes not for the better or worse, It's just different.

It's awesome that such a simple game with hats has the ability to do that.

Heavy
Purpose implied by name: Getting in the way and soaking up damage for the team

Minigun replacement:
The Retributor
+ Minicrits enemies that have damaged the Heavy
- Does less damage if the Heavy is at full health

Wouldn't this basically give Heavy/Medic pairs near infinite kritzkreig light?

Obsessed said:
Wouldn't this basically give Heavy/Medic pairs near infinite kritzkreig light?
I guess I should have specified "at full health or above" for the drawback (i.e. if you're being overhealed by a medic you wouldn't get the minicrits)

cooljeanius said:
I guess I should have specified "at full health or above" for the drawback (i.e. if you're being overhealed by a medic you wouldn't get the minicrits)

Yeah but a Heavy/Medic pair under fire wouldn't be at full health for the duration of their battle, and the mini-kritz effect would make it easier for a Heavy to win the fight without dying, allowing him and his medic to rinse and repeat.

Javaman

Kuro Madoushi said:
I have a lvl 100 attendent. It's just more 'fun' to play the class and I like being able to chase down spies.

It makes for a fun chaos pyro since you can get in and cause chaos and get out.

The damage nerf from being forced to use the degreaser is more annoying to me than the bullet damage increase. I never use melee pyro unless it's for desapping so the degreaser is my least favorite pyro weapon. I really dig the speed boost though.

Narag

I think they locked it so people from the synchtube could get in. In previous weeks some were left out as outside folk joined in.

Bakphoon

SteveWinwood said:
Woah woah woah woah PonyGaf has a server?!? I joined it by accident only to be greeted by a password needed box. Way to be inclusive guys!

Well its the only possibility to keep parasprites (trolls) out :( And most of us aren't that good at TF2. We just want to enjoy some small private rounds about worrying being good.

Bakphoon said:
Well its the only possibility to keep parasprites (trolls) out :( And most of us aren't that good at TF2. We just want to enjoy some small private rounds about worrying being good.

How do I earn my cutie mark? Is is the number of points earned?

Bakphoon said:
Well way to go on inviting the biggest MLP fan ever!

Firehead

SteveWinwood said:
Woah woah woah woah PonyGaf has a server?!? I joined it by accident only to be greeted by a password needed box. Way to be inclusive guys!
It was cheaper for me to buy a private server.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Narag said:
I think they locked it so people from the synchtube could get in. In previous weeks some were left out as outside folk joined in.

That and the skill divide between the regulars of the Janky server and the casual PonyGAFFers would probably be too big. That wouldn't be fun at all.

Yeef

Javaman said:
The damage nerf from being forced to use the degreaser is more annoying to me than the bullet damage increase. I never use melee pyro unless it's for desapping so the degreaser is my least favorite pyro weapon. I really dig the speed boost though.
"Damage nerf?" Do you normally use the backburner?

If not this doesn't make any sense, because the 25% less afterburn damage is easily negated by the quick switch ability. Getting an extra shotgun blast off early already does more damage than the afterburn would do, and that's assuming that they don't put it out.

[EDIT] According to your stats you use the normal flamethrower the most! What is this madness? Do you not realize the degreaser damage reduction only affects afterburn? Silly Javamans!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Cloudius12 said:
Thanks Kuro, I will have to practice more later on Valve servers.
NP

The reason I say not to jump so much is to focus on your aim. Take your time and make sure you get that shot.

Lots of dummies give you opportunities (double jumping scouts, any other class that is jumping), so if you have a second to reload, take it, get close and shoot them.

When I say don't jump, I don't mean NEVER JUMP! If you see me aiming for that spot you're going to, it's ok to stop and jump (more like lightly hop) in the other direction.

There's no easier shot when I see someone take a REALLY LOOOOOOOOOONG JUMP. Like off a building or a hill onto lower ground, it's really easy to telegraph and get a close shot in. Happened in Harvest with this one medic.

We'll practice again! :)

Anilusion

cooljeanius said:

I don't get the spy knife. The spy looks like he is facing the opposite direction? What about when you move, will you be running backwards? That wouldn't be suspicious at all. And what's the point? It's seems like a really really terrible downgrade to the normal knife (no instant kills and a really confusing "feature")

Firehead said:
It was cheaper for me to buy a private server.
I was so goddamn confused. I was all like why did he give me two different answers...
Narag said:
Guess that explains this.

There's a Ponygaf steam group one can join that has the server/pw information if one was really so inclined. Skill level between tf2 gaf and ponygaf is quite the divide though.
Totally thought that link was going to be to a totally different post in one of the thousand of MLP debate threads in OT. Your link is better.

Anilusion said:
I don't get the spy knife. The spy looks like he is facing the opposite direction? What about when you move, will you be running backwards? That wouldn't be suspicious at all. And what's the point? It's seems like a really really terrible downgrade to the normal knife (no instant kills and a really confusing "feature")

Yeah. The way I read it is basically you can do the "walk backwards so it looks like you are retreating" trick while looking forward.

The downside to the knife is really fucking ridiculous though. You basically get to witness people still thinking you are a spy and spy checking you. On decent servers the knife is basically a nerf. On terrible servers it is still a nerf because you don't even need the "walk backwards" trick to prevent people from spychecking.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Fine, I'll stop using the Quick-Fix exclusively. The regular uber was pretty useful tonight >_>.

Tenck

Gaf is fucking crazy sometimes.

Oh and Crushed, maybe if you played more you'd see that 75% of these supposed face stabs are all in your head.

Tenck

Couldn't play like I normally do. The huge FPS drops are unbearable. My KDR even dropper by 0.02 percent.

Also if you're reading this Dyg, I love you too! <3

Sianos

Before tiredness:

9C10C72018408898F1970849E71A2BB4589DAC01

After tiredness:

BB1DC3F30CBE4B28256C93D1B263FEF074756F74

I am a sleepy Scout.

I will learn to aim one day, and then I will do good as scout.

I did well on that one map at least... Barnblitz?

Scout is fun when Spy isn't working and when I don't feel like being a Medic.

Top Bottom