• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Tenck

Obsessed said:
I will learn to aim one day, and then I will do good as scout.

I did well on that one map at least... Barnblitz?

Scout is fun when Spy isn't working and when I don't feel like being a Medic.

Decrease your sensitivity so you're not doing multiple 180s before you run out of mouse pad space. I've had my sensitivity pretty high because adjusting from TF2 to Quake is annoying. Will give up Quake for a bit and play more TF2 and I should be a competent scout.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
GGs tonight everyone.

For once, High Tower wasn't actually terrible :O.

Sciz

ArtistDude88 said:
I HATE the Skullcutter. +20% dmg weapon that shouldn't be able to do random crits, IMO.
The +damage is nice, but the +range is the more valuable attribute. None of the swords offer the sheer satisfaction of being able to occasionally instagib someone with an overhead swing through the cranium at 10 feet.

Yeef

They eyelander and cladheieirmeimorhhh have the same range as the Skullcutter. The other swords don't.

I've been using the persuader instead of the pan for the last few days (as a normal demo) and it's ridiculously powerful provided you have a dispenser (or cart) to keep you in ammo. Not having to retreat to heal makes exploding people all the more easy. The only problem is I'll sometimes see random gibs and think they're dropped weapons so I'll charge into battle expecting them to heal me to full, only to be killed.

Upload the demos from tonight now: http://tf2.gafserver.com/demos/

Highlight of the night, for me, was Kuro and Kirby arguing during Granary. Watch and be amused: http://tf2.gafserver.com/demos/auto-20110924-223103-cp_granary.dem

Sciz

I just hate losing random crits on a melee weapon. They make the difference too often, if the people bitching at me in chat are any indication. And I don't have stickies to fall back on/spam incessantly since I run around with a shield, so the Persuader's ammo shenanigans are especially crippling.

Plenty of viable ways to mix and match the demo loadout though, which is more than I can say for some classes (read: our legion of degreaser puff 'n sting pyros).

Bluth54

I got a hat drop tonight before getting on the GAF server, the Towering Pillar of Hats. I think it's my fourth hat drop so far (getting close to 380 hours played).

I didn't actually get any hat drops until the double drop rate week right before the uber update, I got 2 during that time, then one other between the uber update and this last hat drop.

Edit: Also I saw we had custom maps on the 4.0 server now, does that mean we're keeping it?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Sciz said:
I just hate losing random crits on a melee weapon. They make the difference too often, if the people bitching at me in chat are any indication. And I don't have stickies to fall back on/spam incessantly since I run around with a shield, so the Persuader's ammo shenanigans are especially crippling.

Plenty of viable ways to mix and match the demo loadout though, which is more than I can say for some classes (read: our legion of degreaser puff 'n sting pyros).
As a demo most times you are in a melee scenario it is because you killed the entire team except 1 scout and you have 0 loaded stickies and pipes.
Then you have a 100% crit chance because that is how the bottle/ubersaw/wrench works.

just to let you know I added a bunch of GAF TF2 regulars to my friends list, except Kuro of course, he is too popular and he maxed out his friends list (with 250 alt accounts)

Ultratech

I was kinda off and on last night. Did good in some maps, horrible in others.

Pac-Man map is some crazy shit though for a custom map. lol

And I was wondering what you all were arguing about last night. haha
Wasn't really paying attention.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The Omega Man said:
just to let you know I added a bunch of GAF TF2 regulars to my friends list, except Kuro of course, he is too popular and he maxed out his friends list (with 250 alt accounts)
Yup

altman
altdude88
alttime
altnine
altbrio
altson
altsalino
altaro
altmy
altef
altculaywer
altoz
altgorn
altiz
alt0b
altwig

Sianos

Does anyone have any tips about picking people off when enemies who are grouped together as Scout? I'm getting better at fighting 1v1, but when everyone is crowded around the cart or bunched up in a chokepoint I can't do much other than throw the milk on them.

I should probably learn proper Demoman, as it seems it would be effective in areas Scout is weak at (groups and sentries).

Yeef

Yeef said:
Highlight of the night, for me, was Kuro and Kirby arguing during Granary. Watch and be amused: http://tf2.gafserver.com/demos/auto-20110924-223103-cp_granary.dem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VAz6lgJuhE

NSQuote said:
Does anyone have any tips about picking people off when enemies who are grouped together as Scout? I'm getting better at fighting 1v1, but when everyone is crowded around the cart or bunched up in a chokepoint I can't do much other than throw the milk on them.

I should probably learn proper Demoman, as it seems it would be effective in areas Scout is weak at (groups and sentries).
The milk is only going to alert them to your presence. If they don't know you're there, you can try to pick of a single straggler with two meatshots (preferably the medic). After two shots, regardless of if you got a kill or not, get out of Dodge. As a Scout you want to force 1v1 matchups wherever possible (or 2-or-more vs 1 in your favor). Rather than attacking people on the cart, try to scout ahead and kill people en route to the cart after they've respawned.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
NSQuote said:

a scout's job is to KS every other offensive class.

Valygar

NSQuote said:

Wait until they are shooting at somebody else and come up from behind to kill one of them (i.e, the medic). Most of the time you won't be able to do this, it depends largely on the map and the position of the enemies. Aaand I would say most of the times you will do better defending as a pyro, trying to do this if an opportunity arises.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
NSQuote said:

Don't listen to them.

Depends on the situation. If you're cornered and they don't notice you, run up and get in as many meatshots as possible.

If they notice you, peck from a relatively safe distance.

If your team is also attacking them, you MUST get on the other side and force the cart pushing team to pick a scout or the your team.

If they notice you and you can't get to a safe distance, try to get the medic at least.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMahhDUZ3iA&feature=related

Proven

Yeef said:
"Damage nerf?" Do you normally use the backburner?

If not this doesn't make any sense, because the 25% less afterburn damage is easily negated by the quick switch ability. Getting an extra shotgun blast off early already does more damage than the afterburn would do, and that's assuming that they don't put it out.

[EDIT] According to your stats you use the normal flamethrower the most! What is this madness? Do you not realize the degreaser damage reduction only affects afterburn? Silly Javamans!
When the Degreaser came out, I was the same as Java. I though the negative damage effected both the flame damage and afterburn. It just made more sense to me that way, e,se it would be a near straight upgrade, and Valve is never so kind to the Pyro. After learning the truth is what caused me to rock the Attendant set almost exclusively, and be secretly angry at Valve that the Degreaser was out like this.

Yeef said:
They eyelander and cladheieirmeimorhhh have the same range as the Skullcutter. The other swords don't.

I've been using the persuader instead of the pan for the last few days (as a normal demo) and it's ridiculously powerful provided you have a dispenser (or cart) to keep you in ammo. Not having to retreat to heal makes exploding people all the more easy. The only problem is I'll sometimes see random gibs and think they're dropped weapons so I'll charge into battle expecting them to heal me to full, only to be killed.

Upload the demos from tonight now: http://tf2.gafserver.com/demos/

Grenade Launcher + Shield + Persuain Persuader has been my near exclusive Demoknight load out since the Uber update for that reason. But 90% of the time I use it on other servers. I was surprised last night on Hightower when I switched to it randomly and then more than tripled my points before the round ended. I was playing horribly overall by then though. I feel like GAF is on to just about all my Hightower tricks, and now I'm just dead weight on the map.

NSQuote said:
Hit a Sandman ball at them.

Proven

Kuro Madoushi said:
Demoknights are always deadweight
No, no Kuro. I was saying I was deadweight until I switched to Demoknight. Then I defended the cart and blew you up a couple times.

My true love will always be projectiles, it seems.

Yeef

Proven said:
Grenade Launcher + Shield + Persuain Persuader has been my near exclusive Demoknight load out since the Uber update for that reason.
Lots of people use this build. i'm talking about Sticky launcher + Grenade Launcher + Persuader. Basically Vanilla demoman, but you give up random melee crits for super healing. It's awesome. It can be annoying when you have no dispenser though.

Proven

Yeef said:
Lots of people use this build. i'm talking about Sticky launcher + Grenade Launcher + Persuader. Basically Vanilla demoman, but you give up random melee crits for super healing. It's awesome. It can be annoying when you have no dispenser though.
Bah, I've been slowly practicing with Stickies here and there, but my placement is bad if I try to use them like rockets because of the prime time. And I'm horrible at sticky jumping so having the charge so I can run back to spawn for ammo helps. What I'd probably do if I was better with Stickies rather than Grenades is Booties + Stickies + Persuader.

Yeah yeah, a Demo that can't use his Sticky Launcher, I know, laugh at me. Once my pill aim reaches a certain threshold (it's getting close...) I'm gonna pick up a LochnLoad.

Sciz

Hazaro said:
As a demo most times you are in a melee scenario it is because you killed the entire team except 1 scout and you have 0 loaded stickies and pipes.
If you want to be boring, sure. Stickies suck all the fun out of playing as or against demos.

Kade

Tenck said:
Couldn't play like I normally do. The huge FPS drops are unbearable. My KDR even dropper by 0.02 percent.

Also if you're reading this Dyg, I love you too! <3

I HATE YOUR FUCKIN' GUTS!

EDIT:
divisionbyzorro said:
You just say that because they're too fast to facestab.

Fixed for Tenck.

EDIT2: Fuck Tenck.

Tenck

dygiT said:
I HATE YOUR FUCKIN' GUTS!

EDIT:

Fixed for Tenck.

EDIT2: Fuck Tenck.

Lol facestabs. I've gotten like around 3 since I started playing on the NeoGaf server.

I'm slowly learning Douche Ringer, so that should make you a bit more happy.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Proven said:
No, no Kuro. I was saying I was deadweight until I switched to Demoknight. Then I defended the cart and blew you up a couple times.

My true love will always be projectiles, it seems.
Demoknights, proven, and tenck are deadweight

Tenck

Boney said:
fuck tenck

Someone sounds mad!

Edit: I may be a little late on this, but is Spy the most hated class on the Gaf server? I almost always hear Metaphorically, Solid Snake, and I being talked about when we're on the server.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Tenck said:
Someone sounds mad!

Edit: I may be a little late on this, but is Spy the most hated class on the Gaf server? I almost always hear Metaphorically, Solid Snake, and I being talked about when we're on the server.
Good spies and good snipers (esp ones that wear a mask) I hate.

Boy... Quit TF2 to take a break and try to work on some backlog games... Maaaan... Some nights I really want to join in on the jank. Must resist for the greater good! And Kuro, why haven't you taken my rank yet, jeeze!

Top Bottom