• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Drkirby said:
Also, it looks like Bomba town is just dead. And I need 3 more Iron Curtain Kills to overtake Inkwell as having the most kills with that weapon.
According to the stats, that's my favorite weapon on the server... where am I in the rankings with it?

Tenck

Sgt.Pepper said:
Janky-Ass=Slideshow
Any other damn server=HD movie.

It only plays slow as hell in the gaf server. What the hell?

Yeah had that problem too. First it was the reddit server, so I turned off my laptop and let it rest. I came back and it was the Gaf server. Thinking that was weird I tried a 24/7 harvest map and it went by smooth. Then I tried other ones and they seemed fine too.

Both Reddit and Gaf servers are janky!

Relax.MX

Sgt.Pepper said:
Janky-Ass=Slideshow

Same here...

1 of 4 runs i play decent...

When the server go to a custom map im out

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Tenck said:
Yeah had that problem too. First it was the reddit server, so I turned off my laptop and let it rest. I came back and it was the Gaf server. Thinking that was weird I tried a 24/7 harvest map and it went by smooth. Then I tried other ones and they seemed fine too.

Both Reddit and Gaf servers are janky!
TF2 can't hold all the skill.

Blizzard

Banned
Sgt.Pepper said:
Janky-Ass=Slideshow

I should try some other servers. I always try to convince myself that it's all the mods or weird maps we install, but I dunno.

Tenck

Relax.MX said:
Spy Controversy:

Tenck vs Meta

I've killed him 18 times and he's killed me 13 time. So far I'm ahead!!

But he's miles ahead of me when it comes down to skill. I'm too stubborn to really try out other classes right now, so I play Spy even when It's a bad idea.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595823533803569188/F787092D037B29300253F96570FE8A04F6145D9A/

I had a really good game today though. Went all Douche Ringer and did better than I expected. I still miss my CnD but now even when I'm caught I'm running away without having to worry too much about people.

XeroSauce

Tenck said:
I've killed him 18 times and he's killed me 13 time. So far I'm ahead!!

But he's miles ahead of me when it comes down to skill. I'm too stubborn to really try out other classes right now, so I play Spy even when It's a bad idea.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595823533803569188/F787092D037B29300253F96570FE8A04F6145D9A/

I had a really good game today though. Went all Douche Ringer and did better than I expected. I still miss my CnD but now even when I'm caught I'm running away without having to worry too much about people.

You are learning well, my son.

Tried Scout for the first time a little while ago. I got so caught up with how fast and agile he is, I forgot that I can't aim for shit. Medic 4ever&ever.

Tenck

Professor Beef said:
Tried Scout for the first time a little while ago. I got so caught up with how fast and agile he is, I forgot that I can't aim for shit. Medic 4ever&ever.

Good then. I wouldn't be able to backstab you so easily if you were a Scout now would I?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Lies about when the vote comes up.

Had it come a bunch of times during a fight.

1. It should happen once
2. It should happen after I die
3. There us no dismiss
4. Jason has already backed me up on those three

I was pissed cause I was trying to get rid of a dom that wagosto had on me and that stupid vote kept coming up.

Blizzard

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:

1. It should happen once
3. There us no dismiss

I was pissed cause I was trying to get rid of a dom that wagosto had on me and that stupid vote kept coming up.
So many broken computers! Or maybe it only comes up when you're dead. Have you considered dying less often?

Hazaro said:
My K:D vs Spies

Meta 1.78
Tenck 2.30
Pangloss? 3.62

I forget other spies. I don't see Artist on the list.
Haha. I don't know why I made this list since I'm horrible at spy. If I am a spy it's usually because of two things: 1) We don't have a spy and 2) I'm taking out infrastructure like teleporters. I'm not killing people.

Relax.MX said:
Same here...

1 of 4 runs i play decent...

When the server go to a custom map im out

If you two are having problems then I guess the answer is clear, GAF server doesn't like native Spanish speaking people.

that'sracist.gif

fix that shit Yeef! proof in the pudding!

JackFrost said:
its UK only? and is the code just printed inside or on somesorta demo disc or something?

This is their first issue without a demo disk, done away with them.

The code is on a thicker cut out page inside the mag.

Picture of it.

Says in the mag that it will be craftable/dropable after the current PCG issue is no longer on sale, so a month or so.

MrPing1000 said:
This is their first issue without a demo disk, done away with them.

The code is on a thicker cut out page inside the mag.

Picture of it.

Says in the mag that it will be craftable/dropable after the current PCG issue is no longer on sale, so a month or so.

cool thx...i got a few UK friends that dont play tf2 so im hitting them up for some code magic

Borgnine said:
They call it Flan.

Also I'm fine with Relax's connection problems, guy is el francotirador experto.

lol yeah, sorry Relax, we don't want you clipping gringo-heads all over the place, so Yeef had to code some extra Jank for you.

Yeef

Kuro Madoushi said:

1. It should happen once
3. There us no dismiss

Jason is a lost little autistic child. I don't trust his word nor yours!

Make a video and prove it!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
If UK gaffers are here and willing to get me a killer exclusive code I'll paypal you. PM me.

edit: don't you have dems, Yeef?

BELIEVE ME, it was MORE than once and definitely while I was alive.

Really? Other Gaffers didn't have it more than once on that crappy map?

Also, Yeef that was uncalled for, his dad is just looking for him.

Yeef

Demos are from the server's perspective. You'd have to record a local demo to get it from your perspective so it'd actually show the panels when played back (I think). Of you could just use fraps or something.

Tenck said:

>=(

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yeef said:
Demos are from the server's perspective. You'd have to record a local demo to get it from your perspective so it'd actually show the panels when played back (I think). Of you could just use fraps or something.
Eh, check the config. Ain't trolling.

I'll see if I can take a ss next time.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Today I learned about a new(old?) spy-checking techique via Reddit.

The most severely underused spy checking strategy
I feel like I am the only one who utilizes the F key to spy check, even though its most likely the best spy checking strategy second to a spamming pyro. WHen I hear people binding their f key to something else, I cringe.
What does the F key do? If the crosshair is aimed at a teammate player, it'll allow you to see and shuffle through all of their non-vanilla items (which includes, non-vanilla weapons, hats, misc, and action items) in their current load out on your HUD. However, if it is aimed at an enemy, it will not show anything.
The key to this strategy is that you will not be able to shuffle through a "teammate's" items if they are an enemy spy. So if you see a teammate with a hat on or a misc item, but you can't shuffle through their items with the F key, they are a spy. No exceptions.
The piece de resistance to this strategy is that this strategy allows you to have RANGED SPYCHECKING. No matter how far someone is, you can always shuffle through their items with the F key as long as they are a teammate.
It takes a little while to get used to spamming the F key, but you'll get used to it, considering how close it is to your movement keys.
The only flaw that this strategy has is when you run into a teammate with an all vanilla load out. But honestly, how often does that happen?
Of course if you play competitive, this won't be of use since most people use vanilla on competitive play. But spy is not used very often in competitive play in the first place.
I've been using this strategy since I started playing, and I can't count how many times spies have called me a hacker for being able to instantly recognize them. And I'm not going to lie, Valve should probably fix this. But until then, happy spy checking.

Tenck said:
You will not bad mouth the CnD and live!

*cloaks*
:: ignores you, since you're either moving across the map invisibly at a glacial pace or running around with no way to recharge your watch faster ::

See this? This is how much I don't like the C&D. I dislike it so much I'm unwilling to wear it even to earn the last Spy achievement.

Yeef said:
Tired of having to WAIT to play TF2? JANK got you down? Or maybe you just (temporarily) hate custom maps. Well, have I got news for you! This week we'll be doing a trial run of a new server: NeoGAF Janky Ass Server 4.0 || Live Free or Jank Hard.

This server is on an all new host and (fingers crossed) should be far less janky. For the time being I've postponed adding any custom maps to the server as well, so you can play Hoodoo 27 times in a row* just like you always wanted!

Best of all, you can join in the festivities RIGHT NOW! Just connect to join.tf2.gafserver.com (or 72.5.195.109:27015) for you purists.

Those of you too slow to get a spot can rest easy. During the trial run the 3.0 server will continue to jank about. Also, SourceTV is also enabled, so you can just watch other people enjoying the new server instead, if that suits your fancy. I suspect the Jank from the last attempt at TV was due to our old host. If it turns out to not be the case, I'll disable it. To watch the game, just hit up join.tf2.gafserver.com:27020 (or 72.5.195.109:27020)

No you can't.

And, in more important news, my week-or-two journey is at an end. I have collected every item set in the game! Including the Austrailian Christmas hats that aren't listed as part of the sets, even though they technically are.

Click here to bask in my glory!
Mr. Yeef, we need to add this to OP.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Pancakes said:
Today I learned about a new(old?) spy-checking techique via Reddit.

The most severely underused spy checking strategy
I have that bound to anther key (I think I did I, since it is inspect and I didn't remember the original key), but I think Valve fixed that a long time ago. Or, it got fixed and then was broken again.

Really, I find it is easier to just use common sense. "Hey, that guy is running away from me, and came out from an odd spot, he is a spy most likely". I rarely see a spy disguised, then am killed by him, usually just don't see them.

Chesskid1

Banned
was the join error fixed?

i wasn't able to get ingame last night because it was messed up and would load (even when full) then error out.

i usually just have it auto-refresh and it would join when it had an empty slot. last night it would join no matter what, then error out, so i could never get in.

broke my heart.

So this happened earlier http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2141666

Schema was updated just now. Here's a diff

http://diffchecker.com/ilouDp9

LOADS of new hats, Hi5 taunt added, will add more.

New items include: Sniper Bandana Hair, Heavy Bandana Hair, Spy Disguised Hat, Heavy Lumberjack Hat, Demo Hendrix Hat, Engineer Hair, Engineer Blueprints, Mighty Pirate, The Bootlegger (boots), The Scotland Shard (bottle), Bloody Bombs (glasses), Solder Sea Captain Hat, Pyro Sailor Hat, Heavy Gym Hair, Scout Hotdog Hat, Pyro Birdcage Hat, Medic Stahlhelm Hat, Scout Backwards Cap, Sniper Necklace (necklace), Flair Buttons (buttons), Medic Pocket Square, Medic Stethoscope, Spy Inspector Hat, Sniper Cork Hat, Pyro Flamenco Hat, Engineer Cranial Claw, Spy Specs, Scout 3D Glasses, Solder Cowboy Hat, Pyro Conscience, Scout Provision Hat.

HiFive Taunt Enabler added, seems to be activated by holding down the taunt button for a few seconds.

The Pummeling Picket has "item_class": "saxxy" and "item_type_name": "TF_Weapon_Sign", and also has customizable textures. Can be used by every class except the Spy and Engineer.

The Bootlegger, Scotland Shard, Bloody Bombs, Mighty Pirate are part of the 'Swashbucklers Swag' set, probably this pack.

The Pocket Medic can now be equipped by the Soldier.

Also added are Photo Badge, ID Badge, Stampable Medal, which have a "can_customize_texture": true, attribute.

Customize Texture Tool is a new tool you can use to create custom textures.

An expiration date attribute was added, use unknown.

Christmas Key 2010 was added, which seems to be a placeholder for a new holiday key.

MNC items were made craftable.

The beta weapons were added, with beta names, which seems to be a mistake.

Update: Valve just rolled back the schema to the previous version. Looks like they pushed it out too early but it's too late, we saw everything.

Looks like an update this week!

well I think it's going to be this Thursday (MannCo anniversary?)

tf2_miscitems-1.jpg

Sianos

So, back to spies.

I consider making a spy DR and taking all the nearby health and ammo a victory, as the time you spend running off to spawn/faraway health and ammo is close to the respawn time. Unless it's something ridiculous like the 20 second steel spawn time, of course. :p

I keep track of my little kill/assist counter so I know when you DR, which also helps out.

The best thing is that FrankenHUD is broken, so my little hit numbers don't show up when a spy DR's from my hit, making it even more obvious.

Usually I either get Meta facestabbed or have justice Enforced upon me. Not often that I actually get snuck up on, although I only play Scout so that might have something to do with it.

Top Bottom