• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

n0b

fallengorn said:
It was the Icy server.

Manwut.

The farthest back the janky name goes is java and thats still like 3-5 server eras for TF2GAF away from Icy.

Borgnine said:
Who the hell is Icy.

So it was Icy, then Java 1.9, then 2.0 by someone, then Remy's Feedbag 3.0, then 4.0 Yeef the packet thief.

Something like this: Icy, Evilore, Cheeto, Java, (maybe another person here), GAF server drops out of existence: everybody goes to cXg and eventually f7, then java 2, remy, yeef

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Icy set up a server and asked for donations but there was zero transparency as to how much he needed and how much was donated.

I think we also found out he pulled something similar with (on some other forum) Yu-Gi-Oh cards or some such.

n0b said:
Manwut.

The farthest back the janky name goes is java and thats still like 3-5 server eras for TF2GAF away from Icy.

Right, Java brought the Jank, but what other servers were there between him and Icy? I now remember there was someone who stepped in before Java, but that's it.

Wasn't the Love Me Sexy server Icy server 3.0?

But Icy was the first gaf tf2 server right? That's what I remember. Then he got banned and got pissed or something and the server went down. Or I could be completely remembering this wrong.

EDIT: Or that above me. Yeah I don't remember anything anymore. I'll just stop making shit up in my mind.

n0b

Fallengorn we should stop editing in our posts.

Again, I think it was something like this: Icy, Evilore, Cheeto, Java, (Love Me Sexy), GAF server drops out of existence: everybody goes to cXg and eventually f7, then java 2, (maybe another person), remy, yeef

fallengorn

n0b said:
Something like this: Icy, Evilore, Cheeto, Java, (maybe another person here), GAF server drops out of existence: everybody goes to cXg and eventually f7, then java 2, remy, yeef
Oh yeah, the official servers... that never got filled. That list sounds right.

Clydefrog

SteveWinwood said:
But Icy was the first gaf tf2 server right? That's what I remember. Then he got banned and got pissed or something and the server went down. Or I could be completely remembering this wrong.

EDIT: Or that above me. Yeah I don't remember anything anymore. I'll just stop making shit up in my mind.

iV7fxFcp30S.gif

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
n0b said:
Again, I think it was something like this: Icy, Evilore, Cheeto, Java, (Love Me Sexy), GAF server drops out of existence: everybody goes to cXg and eventually f7, then java 2, (maybe another person), remy, yeef

I went back and browsed through the SO.WORTH.IT thread and this seems about right. I'm pretty sure I came in during the F7 diaspora, then everything seemed to come together when Java lead his people out of the desert in early 2010. Also, it was weird seeing how long a lot of you have been playing together.

Sciz

Borgnine said:
Also, it was weird seeing how long a lot of you have been playing together.
None are as fun to kill as the people you know best.

Except the ones who complain really loudly about it like Kuro, they're fun too.

Javaman

fallengorn said:
Icy set up a server and asked for donations but there was zero transparency as to how much he needed and how much was donated.

I think we also found out he pulled something similar with (on some other forum) Yu-Gi-Oh cards or some such.

Right, Java brought the Jank, but what other servers were there between him and Icy? I now remember there was someone who stepped in before Java, but that's it.

Wasn't the Love Me Sexy server Icy server 3.0?
There was Cheeto and the guy with the burger king king avatar (something Blood?) before me. I only had the one server, the second one everyone is thinking of. I was just an admin on the earlier ones.

n0b

I still miss the old days. ):

The server might be a bit more talkative now (which is definitely a good thing) but I never feel as challenged as I did back in the day. So few of the terrifying players are still around. There are new players that filled their positions at the top of the classes, but few are on the same level.

Javaman

n0b said:

The server might be a bit more talkative now (which is definitely a good thing) but I never feel as challenged as I did back in the day. So few of the terrifying players are still around. There are new players that filled their positions at the top of the classes, but few are on the same level.
Cough*KaK*Cough.

I remember when you were all honks Mr. N0b. Thems were the days. Haaha. Now we just need to get Lemilleir to talk more consistantly but I think he's a lost cause.

n0b

Javaman said:
Cough*KaK*Cough.

And Won, Xizk, Pillow, Crooked, Cheeto, ULCajun, etc etc.

People used to think I was a good heavy in the old days too, I don't know what they were thinking.

Milabrega

Cheeto server was the best I had a single digit ping always. I hadn't seen Semi Pro at the time so I thought the song playing on Love Me Sexy was an official TF2 song for a while.

Yeef

Won still plays, just not on the GAF server. I see him on all the time though on my list, unless that's a different Won.

fallengorn

I think it's a time zone/ping thing with Won.

After L4D2, I haven't played with a lot of the old timers in awhile. Zero started popping in from time to time though.

n0b

Yeef said:
Won still plays, just not on the GAF server. I see him on all the time though on my list, unless that's a different Won.

Yeah, same for Xizk last time I checked. Some of those guys hang out in the gaf mumble but don't play tf2 anymore.

I just realized that I forgot Puyo! How could I forget everybody's favorite medic!

(Thinking of the old server and medics makes n0b suddenly miss medic nights. A single tear forms in his eye.)

Blizzard

Banned
n0b said:

How about this. If you bring back the honks, we'll start playing well so you actually have a challenge and can quit yer whinin'!

1up

n0b said:
And Won, Xizk, Pillow, Crooked, Cheeto, ULCajun, etc etc.

People used to think I was a good heavy in the old days too, I don't know what they were thinking.

I still have a lot of those guys on my friends list.
Doytch, Kak the infected, and Cheeto.

n0b

Blizzard said:
How about this. If you bring back the honks, we'll start playing well so you actually have a challenge and can quit yer whinin'!

How about this. If you give me a working version of HLSS and find all of my old honk sounds, I will bring back the honks.

Blizzard

Banned
n0b said:
How about this. If you give me a working version of HLSS and find all of my old honk sounds, I will bring back the honks.
It would seem we're at an impasse. Guess we have to do an ambassador duel for honor and glory!

n0b

Blizzard said:
It would seem we're at an impasse. Guess we have to do an ambassador duel for honor and glory!
I would use a wrangler, or eat a sandvich, or use an airblast, or even use a blutslauger of all things before I would ever touch something as horrible as an ambassador. Also the honk sounds really aren't that hard to find, its just remembering exactly which ones I had.

fallengorn

n0b said:
I would use a wrangler, or eat a sandvich, or use an airblast, or even use a blutslauger of all things before I would ever touch something as horrible as an ambassador. Also the honk sounds really aren't that hard to find, its just remembering exactly which ones I had.
Just buy one of these and keep it near your computer.

MBbuV.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Kind of weird how Lemmy migrated over...

I thought he was a part of f7, but he never joined. Then Java opened up his server, and then GG, and then Yeef, and he's been on all of them and as far as I know has never gone back to f7.

I'm not sure how he discovered these servers; he just knows...bastardly French-Canadians! :mad:

I told my wife in a bad French accent once about one of his rages and she cracked up, "the teams are NOT fackin stacked! we don need 4 fackin snaipers and spaies!" That one had the whole server going when he raged.

As for these 'gud' players, I haven't seen them, so until then, I say the new generation > old generation. I 'think' I've seen Won play...though he was pyro...?????

n0b spends more time screwing around than actually playing nowadays too. I remember I raged when he killed me and I'd yell at him and all I'd get was *honk*.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Kuro Madoushi said:
Kind of weird how Lemmy migrated over...

I thought he was a part of f7, but he never joined. Then Java opened up his server, and then GG, and then Yeef, and he's been on all of them and as far as I know has never gone back to f7.

I'm not sure how he discovered these servers; he just knows...bastardly French-Canadians! :mad:

I told my wife in a bad French accent once about one of his rages and she cracked up, "the teams are NOT fackin stacked! we don need 4 fackin snaipers and spaies!" That one had the whole server going when he raged.

As for these 'gud' players, I haven't seen them, so until then, I say the new generation > old generation. I 'think' I've seen Won play...though he was pyro...?????

n0b spends more time screwing around than actually playing nowadays too. I remember I raged when he killed me and I'd yell at him and all I'd get was *honk*.

Won (spy), Pillowknight (demo), and crooked rain (sniper) are good. Don't remember the others much.

Iadien

fallengorn said:
Don't remember Pillow as demo much. I remember him as soldier. Kak and Techno/Tre were the (bastard) demos.

I could be wrong, I know it was one of the demo players that use to rage at me when I was demo.

n0b

Iadien said:
Won (spy), Pillowknight (demo), and crooked rain (sniper) are good. Don't remember the others much.

WAT

Won: Best Spy (Twig, Sno were close)
Kak: Best Demo, (Confidence Man and Tre were close)
Puyo: Best Medic
Pillow, Crooked, Xizk, ULCajun, (Fallengorn, but he's still here): Gods of Soldier
Xizk: Best sniper (Drake was close)
Cheeto, Doytch: Scariest scouts
Sciz and I used to butt heads as the top heavies (still here)
Java used to be the go-to engineer (still here)
Pyro is the only one I've never had a sure pick on who the best of the class was. (I think I remember Crushed being pretty high up there?)

Iadien

n0b said:
WAT

Pillow, Crooked, Xizk, ULCajun, (Fallengorn, but he's still here): Gods of Soldier
Pyro is the only one I've never had a sure pick on who the best of the class was. (I think I remember Crushed being pretty high up there?)

Crooked Rain was sniper a lot, when I played with him... and I just checked his steam page and it's his most played class. lol

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
n0b said:
WAT

HALO THREAD CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!

As much as I like Twiggy, I'm not worried about him being spy
Tre I had on my friend's list, but he was never on and I never saw him play
Puyo I never saw, and I'd say rar is the best medic
Crooked I remember seeing around, but don't remember him playing. Fallengorn = failuregorn ;) .
Chheto and Doytch, never saw.
Sciz/n0b I've seen enough to say they know what they're doing.
Java engie, I think he's moved beyond that. Plus camping engie is so boring to play. Lemmy tries to mix it up with some unique placements using the Wrangler.

Not to say these guys aren't good, but I played with a lot of comp players so my perspective is different.

For standouts whom I think could hold their own in comp setting (scout/solly/medic/demo)

Artistdude = scout
boonoo = scout (doesn't really count since he is comp...but oh well)
Wagosto = multiclass <- probably the only one who multiclasses at that level.
Ner-Oh/wartime/JASON?! = demo
rar = medic (again...not sure if this counts since he is comp)

HALO THREAD CONFIRMED OMGWTFBBQ!

Sciz

Some of those are EuroGAF players who finally got tired of their terrible ping on US servers, and some of them got all prissy and ragequit forever over new weapons and hats.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sciz said:
Some of those are EuroGAF players who finally got tired of their terrible ping on US servers, and some of them got all prissy and ragequit forever over new weapons and hats.
Some of those are US players though, and of that old crew, mostly you, Java, and n0b (and n0b rarely) are around.

Hey, I'd *like* to see them come out of retirement, but the game has changed a lot.

Iadien

Kuro Madoushi said:
HALO THREAD CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!

As much as I like Twiggy, I'm not worried about him being spy
Tre I had on my friend's list, but he was never on and I never saw him play
Puyo I never saw, and I'd say rar is the best medic
Crooked I remember seeing around, but don't remember him playing. Fallengorn = failuregorn ;) .
Chheto and Doytch, never saw.
Sciz/n0b I've seen enough to say they know what they're doing.
Java engie, I think he's moved beyond that. Plus camping engie is so boring to play. Lemmy tries to mix it up with some unique placements using the Wrangler.

Not to say these guys aren't good, but I played with a lot of comp players so my perspective is different.

For standouts whom I think could hold their own in comp setting (scout/solly/medic/demo)

Artistdude = scout
boonoo = scout (doesn't really count since he is comp...but oh well)
Wagosto = multiclass <- probably the only one who multiclasses at that level.
Ner-Oh/wartime = demo
rar = medic (again...not sure if this counts since he is comp)
JASON?! = Huntsman

HALO THREAD CONFIRMED OMGWTFBBQ!

that's better. Demo gets too much whining from people.

Blizzard

Banned
n0b said:
WAT

Guys, we come back to this subject every 5-10 pages, and I already explained, I'm the best (at some number of classes that ranges from 0-9 inclusive).

Aside from me, however: Pyro is clearly a nerfed class that only crazy people would use. However, Crushed is usually pretty good, and Toxic Yams is like the only pyro that I ever see on top of the scoreboard. I honestly don't really know how that works since pyro is supposed to be a nerfed defensive class that doesn't get points, but she manages it somehow.

Silencer was a good sniper and doesn't play much, or at least not on our server. Lemmy and Java were good engineers but both might be prone to ragequitting if their teammates let all their buildings get destroyed.

I agree that Tre used to be a great demo, but I'm not even sure if he's around the forums anymore. He was always quiet and mysterious.

Borgnine

I've seen some Halo-ass threads in my day, including but not limited to Halo official threads 1-6, but hollleeeeeee shit this thread takes the cake. And I'm talking bundt cake here, in the shape of a halo.

Sianos

I guess that makes me part of Jank: The Next Generation.

One day I hope to teach future Janklings the proper etiquette of spy-raging.

Borgnine

NSQuote said:
I guess that makes me part of Jank: The Next Generation.

One day I hope to teach future Janklings the proper etiquette of spy-raging.

I'm part of Jank: Deep Space Borgnine.

fallengorn

Surprised it took this long for the Halo references.

Blizzard said:
I agree that Tre used to be a great demo, but I'm not even sure if he's around the forums anymore. He was always quiet and mysterious.
He's still around. Probably playing Trackmania now.

n0b

So kuro basically what you are saying is you've never played with anybody but twig and fallen from what I said. (after their prime too) And yeah java mostly moved on from engie, but he was the only person that I tolerated as a camping engie. And unfortunately until mini sentries I was the only non-camping engie.

I dunno what you mean by halo thread yo.

Iadien

I have never played Halo. I am always out of the loop with your console references.

Top Bottom