• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Damn Fallen, you just got told. You're over the hill son, make way for the new generation!

Also, I don't care if you don't understand why you're making this the Halo thread, just don't do it!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Iadien said:
I have never played Halo. I am always out of the loop with your console references.

Explanation for a new page:
Few weeks ago, I was complimenting a few of the Gaffers on their skillz.

CHINNER/WHINER (Oh, I went there, Chinner! COME AT ME, BRO!) comes and says he doesn't want this thread to turn into 'a halo thread' from which he means it was a huge wankfest. I assume he means the NeoGAF Halo thread, which I've never gone on.

As for you, Iadien, I want to see an Artemis vs. JASON!!! match first!

Freakin Cuntsmen snipers...

Three of the worst classes in the game
DoucheRingerSpy
Cuntsmen
Demoknight

fallout

90px-Backpack_Cheater%27s_lament.png
?

Blizzard

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
CHINNER/WHINER (Oh, I went there, Chinner! COME AT ME, BRO!) comes and says he doesn't want this thread to turn into 'a halo thread' from which he means it was a huge wankfest. I assume he means the NeoGAF Halo thread, which I've never gone on.
But what if Chinner was making it all up, and the NeoGAF Halo thread is actually an excellent place? (I do not go there either)

If he made it all up, does that mean we just got.........duckroll'd?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Blizzard said:
But what if Chinner was making it all up, and the NeoGAF Halo thread is actually an excellent place? (I do not go there either)

If he made it all up, does that mean we just got.........duckroll'd?
Quiet, altard!

n0b

Borgnine said:
Damn Fallen, you just got told. You're over the hill son, make way for the new generation!

Nah. Even over the hill fallen is better than all current soldiers. Combined. With crits. And fancy hats.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
n0b said:
Nah. Even over the hill fallen is better than all current soldiers. Combined. With crits. And fancy hats.
Now I wanna see a Wagosto vs OVERTHEHILLFAILUREGORN grudge match! U:

I keed, Fallengorn <3 ......my headshots! >:)

Nob: "Hey guys the server still has some great people but compared to all the old guys you pretty much are shit on a shit sandwich."

Halo thread indeed.

Also what are the makings of a comp medic?

Javaman

I'm mostly surprised that there are still people in the ol' gaf competition groups, Killary vs Roboma. I'd link thee group photos but I'm at work on. My phone right now.

Spaceboy definitely needs to be the team mascot.

On a side note, the closest I've come to quitting permanently and the main reason I shut down the Javajank was due to that shitastic Halloween item orgy, one of the stupidest and most annoying things I've ever seen in the game.

Borgnine

Javaman said:
I'd link thee group photos but I'm at work on. My phone right now.

Really, we couldn't tell.

Also, Java is so old he still says "thee." Remedy thine warriors with healing poultice!

n0b

Obsessed said:
Nob: "Hey guys the server still has some great people but compared to all the old guys you pretty much are shit on a shit sandwich." ?

YUP, DEAL WITH IT. (I still like you guys better. Old server lacked the constant talky and rage. I just have fond memories of times I didn't have to play PAYLOAD FOR 5 HOURS EVERY DAY AOGUAGIOEUOUOAUFOIAE)

commissar

While we're consoling it up, does anyone know if there is a way to show netgraph with choke, but without the graph claiming a corner of my screen?

Borgnine

Javaman said:
On a side note, the closest I've come to quitting permanently and the main reason I shut down the Javajank was due to that shitastic Halloween item orgy, one of the stupidest and most annoying things I've ever seen in the game.

Wait, are you sure, there was just a few things introduced with the Halloween update. You probably mean the Manconomy update, which came shortly after. I do remember you being upset about that.

Also, just so you know, we've all discussed it via PM and in the server while you're not there: you are not allowed to quit. Ever.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Kuro Madoushi said:
Now I wanna see a Wagosto vs OVERTHEHILLFAILUREGORN grudge match! U:

I keed, Fallengorn <3 ......my headshots! >:)
I freely admit Wagosto will probably murder me.

Kuro, if I can bottle up all my crits, I'd give them all at you.

Javaman said:
Yeah, that was asinine.

I hope they learned their lesson for this year's update. My guess is special items are going to be handled by a special crate (like the summer crate) and introducing the raid mode (which might have a special hat attached to an achievement... like the HHH).

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Obsessed said:
Nob: "Hey guys the server still has some great people but compared to all the old guys you pretty much are shit on a shit sandwich."

Halo thread indeed.

Also what are the makings of a comp medic?

:(
Loaded question...and rar could answer better, but he's rarely on.

1. Constantly building your uber/kritz up and telling your pocket to damage himself to build it faster
2. Knowing when to use the uber rather than lose it (pop don't drop). This is extremely tricky and I spend the most time with more experienced medics and players quizzing them about this.
3. Spreading heals around to give overheal to teammates BEFORE they go fight. This is why I spam medic at full health near a medic. I'm not dying, and there's another person there who isn't at full health, but YOU ALWAYS HEAL THE PERSON FIGHTING/GOING TO A FIGHT.
4. Pocketing a soldier and making sure you communicate with him/her? about the situation
5. Knowing when to escape and when to back out (if you're outnumbered or in an area where you can get flanked). Pub medics CONSTANTLY get in over their heads and forget to retreat. If the person you're ubering doesn't escape with you, well, fuck him.
6. Positioning! You don't worry about spies as much, but you do worry about splash damage, and vectors for escape and harassment from scouts. Another thing I was constantly yelled at was spreading ubers around for the other team members. E.g. I uber my pocket and he rocket jump to the other pocket to cause trouble. I look behind for the other roamer soldier or demo so they can do the same.
7. Keeping tabs on your ubercharge and letting your team know how much longer it will take. Also, keeping tabs on your enemy medic's charge. I never got the knack for this since it got confusing when the other medic died...but experienced players will tell me I have a 5 second advantage so use the uber now or just back off. REALLY experienced players who know they have a 10 second advantage push up cause they know they have to finish off that other medic or you're at a standstill. Saw an amazing match by CompLexity once where Pyourrr ubered in, team couldn't cap, they all backed off alive, and they did this three times!

One reason why I say medic is the best class for beginners and those who want to learn is that you have to be really observant, and that's something I'd take over 'better aim' any day.

Tenck

Kuro Madoushi said:

1. Constantly building your uber/kritz up and telling your pocket to damage himself to build it faster
2. Knowing when to use the uber rather than lose it (pop don't drop). This is extremely tricky and I spend the most time with more experienced medics and players quizzing them about this.
3. Spreading heals around to give overheal to teammates BEFORE they go fight. This is why I spam medic at full health near a medic. I'm not dying, and there's another person there who isn't at full health, but YOU ALWAYS HEAL THE PERSON FIGHTING/GOING TO A FIGHT.
4. Pocketing a soldier and making sure you communicate with him/her? about the situation
5. Knowing when to escape and when to back out (if you're outnumbered or in an area where you can get flanked). Pub medics CONSTANTLY get in over their heads and forget to retreat. If the person you're ubering doesn't escape with you, well, fuck him.
6. Positioning! You don't worry about spies as much, but you do worry about splash damage, and vectors for escape and harassment from scouts. Another thing I was constantly yelled at was spreading ubers around for the other team members. E.g. I uber my pocket and he rocket jump to the other pocket to cause trouble. I look behind for the other roamer soldier or demo so they can do the same.
7. Keeping tabs on your ubercharge and letting your team know how much longer it will take. Also, keeping tabs on your enemy medic's charge. I never got the knack for this since it got confusing when the other medic died...but experienced players will tell me I have a 5 second advantage so use the uber now or just back off. REALLY experienced players who know they have a 10 second advantage push up cause they know they have to finish off that other medic or you're at a standstill. Saw an amazing match by CompLexity once where Pyourrr ubered in, team couldn't cap, they all backed off alive, and they did this three times!

One reason why I say medic is the best class for beginners and those who want to learn is that you have to be really observant, and that's something I'd take over 'better aim' any day.

Lol don't worry about spies. You're their number one target. Just ask Chess and Professor Beef how annoying spies are.

n0b

commissar said:
While we're consoling it up, does anyone know if there is a way to show netgraph with choke, but without the graph claiming a corner of my screen?

It would be nice. Then I would have a nice clear way to consistently see my choke of 50+.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Tenck said:
Lol don't worry about spies. You're their number one target. Just ask Chess and Professor Beef how annoying spies are.

COMP play. Not PUB play.

I also didn't normally worry about spies anyways since I have headphones and can generally hear DoucheRingers...that fucking Saharan Spy set = FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

@fallout
Shaddap, hoser!

Javaman

Borgnine said:
Wait, are you sure, there was just a few things introduced with the Halloween update. You probably mean the Manconomy update, which came shortly after. I do remember you being upset about that.

Also, just so you know, we've all discussed it via PM and in the server while you're not there: you are not allowed to quit. Ever.
Nah, it was the "find the hidden item" search that got me. The one with the halloween bag hats and also the melee the boss achievement.

Blizzard

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
COMP play. Not PUB play.

I also didn't normally worry about spies anyways since I have headphones and can generally hear DoucheRingers...that fucking Saharan Spy set = FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
The problem with that set, which I usually use, is that it makes your decloak time take like, 9000 seconds, right? So by the time I'm guessing "ok I can finally stab", I will click the mouse, and it won't stab, and then I'm dead. So all you need to do is keep looking behind you and waiting for the cloak to start decloaking. Or at least, it FEELS like it's a really long decloak time.

Tenck said:
I don't negotiate with terrorists, so you wont get your thanks!
<Batman> We don't make deals with criminal scum. *sideways glance at Joker* ...usually.

Clydefrog

Javaman said:
Nah, it was the "find the hidden item" search that got me. The one with the halloween bag hats and also the melee the boss achievement.

Why'd you hate it? I thought it was a fun Halloween activity. The only thing that bothered me was servers playing Mann Manor exclusively for like 10 days. Ugh

Blizzard

Banned
Clydefrog said:
Why'd you hate it? I thought it was a fun Halloween activity. The only thing that bothered me was servers playing Mann Manor exclusively for like 10 days. Ugh
You had to beat out 23 other people on the server, NINE times, in order to get the masks. And that's assuming you got a unique one every time, didn't glitch killing the HHH, etc. You could in theory trade if you got OTHER masks. But still, you had to be lucky enough to be close to the present nine different times. I don't think I ever got more than 3-4 masks.

Tenck

Professor Beef said:
YOU backstab ME and I'M the terrorist!?

Spies can't be terrorists as they are the nicest people you could ever meet.

I mean who else willingly stabs you in the back and makes your suffering end? I'd say the Spy is the nicest guy any of you will ever meet.

Tenck said:
Spies can't be terrorists as they are the nicest people you could ever meet.

I mean who else willingly stabs you in the back and makes your suffering end? I'd say the Spy is the nicest guy any of you will ever meet.
You're gonna pay next time we're on a team, mister. I'll heal you...but once you head into the battlefield, I'll start talking shit.

Tenck

Professor Beef said:
You're gonna pay next time we're on a team, mister. I'll heal you...but once you head into the battlefield, I'll start talking shit.

Lol I hardly rely on my team anymore. Some people on Gaf are terrible at helping a spy out. I think I've only once had a Pyro blow out my fire, after 60+ hours on the Gaf server.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Blizzard said:
You had to beat out 23 other people on the server, NINE times, in order to get the masks. And that's assuming you got a unique one every time, didn't glitch killing the HHH, etc. You could in theory trade if you got OTHER masks. But still, you had to be lucky enough to be close to the present nine different times. I don't think I ever got more than 3-4 masks.
Yeah, the thing killed the server for like a month.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Blizzard said:
I think Valve wanted to use the event to promote trading, but it was a crapshoot. That stupid gift box only spawned every 20 minutes or so...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
fallengorn said:
I think Valve wanted to use the event to promote trading, but it was a crapshoot. That stupid gift box only spawned every 15 minutes or so...
It was once every 5 minutes, on a server of more the 12 people.

What would of made it better is if the gift spawned on any map, and there could be a server variable to turn it off. That way you didn't have to play the one map all day, and it would be fun time randomness.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Drkirby said:
It was once every 5 minutes, on a server of more the 12 people.

What would of made it better is if the gift spawned on any map, and there could be a server variable to turn it off. That way you didn't have to play the one map all day, and it would be fun time randomness.
Corporate apologist indeed...

Yeef

Blizzard said:
The problem with that set, which I usually use, is that it makes your decloak time take like, 9000 seconds, right? So by the time I'm guessing "ok I can finally stab", I will click the mouse, and it won't stab, and then I'm dead. So all you need to do is keep looking behind you and waiting for the cloak to start decloaking. Or at least, it FEELS like it's a really long decloak time.
The decloak time isn't any longer. The blink time is longer (when you get hit or bump into anyone). It's the original no downside with dead ringer 'disadvantage.' Then they added the enforcer.

Blizzard said:
I got 3, then Baha had a bunch of extras that I was missing and gave them to me like 6 months later.

I'm hoping this year we get a nice map, an official version of Vs. Saxton Hale and a bunch of the stuff from the living update (which I think that schema leak basically confirms).

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so if I want to start playing with you guys, is the server in the OP still the right spot?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Htown said:
so if I want to start playing with you guys, is the server in the OP still the right spot?
Yeah, that lazy bear finally updated the OP with Jank 4.

Join the GAF steam group too so you can be bombarded with my bad invites.

Tenck said:
Lol I hardly rely on my team anymore. Some people on Gaf are terrible at helping a spy out. I think I've only once had a Pyro blow out my fire, after 60+ hours on the Gaf server.
Maybe they think your hat is stupid. And most pyros are too stupid to airblast their teammates out.

sixghost

Tenck said:
Pyro helping a spy...

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

RocketDarkness said:
Maybe they think your hat is stupid. And most pyros are too stupid to airblast their teammates out.
Either that or they're using the Backburner so they go "ehhhhhhhhhhhhh" before making a decision. And by then, it's too late.

Tenck

Professor Beef said:
Either that or they're using the Backburner so they go "ehhhhhhhhhhhhh" before making a decision. And by then, it's too late.

No, a lot of them are using the damn degreaser and not helping me out. I will continue to help out my team as spy with no confidence in a Pyro helping me out.

@Sixghost: I hope you lose your Pyro hat and feel too depressed to play Pyro! If there's one Pyro I have not been able to deal with it's you!

Tenck said:
No, a lot of them are using the damn degreaser and not helping me out. I will continue to help out my team as spy with no confidence in a Pyro helping me out.

@Sixghost: I hope you lose your Pyro hat and feel too depressed to play Pyro! If there's one Pyro I have not been able to deal with it's you!

When using Enforcer:

Step 1: Shoot
Step 2: Repeat step 1.
Step 3: Dead Pyro.

Kuro Madoushi said:

I think I'm getting decent at most of those things, minus the communication. I normally play while my roommates are watching TV so I can't really talk. Plus I mainly use the Kritz so it changes up some of the strategy.

We need to drill some of those points into peoples head though. Even when I'm playing with good players I rarely see people hurting themselves to build an uber, and I can't count how many times players refuse to pull back so they can be healed. They just wait to see if I latched onto them and immediately run straight into a lineup of enemies before any of their health is back. Last point I really want to make is heal/over heal your fellow medics. An uber can make or break a match so always protect them. I hate it when I'm almost dead and spamming the medic button in front of an ally, only for them to just chill with their over healed heavy.

Tkawsome said:
Last point I really want to make is heal/over heal your fellow medics. An uber can make or break a match so always protect them. I hate it when I'm almost dead and spamming the medic button in front of an ally, only for them to just chill with their over healed heavy.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, THIS.

Top Bottom