• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Tenck

RocketDarkness said:
When using Enforcer:

Step 1: Shoot
Step 2: Repeat step 1.
Step 3: Dead Pyro.

You have to backpedal to do that. And once you backpedal Pyro can airblast you and mess up your aim.

Sianos

Tenck said:
Lol I hardly rely on my team anymore. Some people on Gaf are terrible at helping a spy out. I think I've only once had a Pyro blow out my fire, after 60+ hours on the Gaf server.

I make a point to extinguish people with my Milk, but I still need to make a bind to alert people that I'm going to milk-extinugish them and that it would be wise for them to stand still for a second. I always feel happy when I save someone from burning to death, but it's hard to do so when they won't stand still.

sixghost said:
Pyro helping a spy...

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I love how you adapted your playstyle to deal with my milk and triple jump. You just know to airblast me three times now, and I've noticed you've stopped airblasting me into walls and trying to mailbox as well. One day I'd love to have a good hour of 1v1 practice with you.

I fear the day you get the reserve shooter. :p

Forkball

Solid%20Cell%20final.png

nvg.png

246qfmf.jpg

20psj7l.jpg

0ddb9.png

5ee91.png

tf2modding118.png

2jaask0.jpg

Tenck said:
No, a lot of them are using the damn degreaser and not helping me out. I will continue to help out my team as spy with no confidence in a Pyro helping me out.

@Sixghost: I hope you lose your Pyro hat and feel too depressed to play Pyro! If there's one Pyro I have not been able to deal with it's you!

I sometimes don't put people out if I don't see them, or if they decide to run away from me. Fuck it, I'm not chasing after you.

I now need three misc slots so I can wear summer shades, flip flops, douchebag bro shirt above + backwards hat to complete ultimate bro scout. Enemies will run from the very sight of me.

Sgt.Pepper said:
That Scout shirt is, hum, nice looking. However, I don't think it fits with the game. Isn't that like 2000's fashion?
LAY OFF MA STYLIN'S BRAW

EDIT: pyro mohawk is the worst thing I've ever seen... and I've seen the scout bat become a big dildo... the pyro mohawk is worse.

Yeef

Sgt.Pepper said:
You should have given me that Team Spirit instead of wasting it on a Gibus!
It's the beta...

We've released a mandatory update for Team Fortress 2 BETA. The update notes are below.

-Eric

----------------------

- Removed the +10% damage bonus from The Backburner
- Updated the loadout preset system based on feedback
- Updated the flow of the class select screen
Wut!

I wonder if they're taking my suggestions of changing the flamethrowers! :O

If not, then that's bullshit!

Yeef

Sgt.Pepper said:
Reading your suggestions, isn't harder to modify the backburner angle due to the flame hit detection? Hell sometimes I get crited from the front, instead of the back.
No. It should just be a variable somewhere in the source code. Change it from 90 to 135. Simple.

Flames are projectiles, so angle and distance is based on where the attacker is when the actual particle hits. So if I flame at you from teh front, then strafe around you so that I'm behind you when the particle hits you it'll be a crit.

I thought the beta used the same items you had in the normal game? Hats, unlockables, etc.
Nope. Separate backpack and drops.

Forkball

Valve hates all non-stock weapons.

Also this was in the beta update:

"description_string" "#Attrib_AirBlastPushScale"

SUPER AIRBLAST FLAMETHROWER CONFIRMED

Yeef

I don't know what happened during thunder mountain, but I was destroying everything like a man possessed. I am not supposed to do this well! Especially considering I joined on the last stage of the first round! :mad:

82693F305EE81058297E3953D04FF654662D7326

Also, this:

CD5C09CF6F6A877E7726500C0124296B80195079

Proven

Kuro Madoushi said:
:(
Loaded question...and rar could answer better, but he's rarely on.

1. Constantly building your uber/kritz up and telling your pocket to damage himself to build it faster
2. Knowing when to use the uber rather than lose it (pop don't drop). This is extremely tricky and I spend the most time with more experienced medics and players quizzing them about this.
3. Spreading heals around to give overheal to teammates BEFORE they go fight. This is why I spam medic at full health near a medic. I'm not dying, and there's another person there who isn't at full health, but YOU ALWAYS HEAL THE PERSON FIGHTING/GOING TO A FIGHT.
4. Pocketing a soldier and making sure you communicate with him/her? about the situation
5. Knowing when to escape and when to back out (if you're outnumbered or in an area where you can get flanked). Pub medics CONSTANTLY get in over their heads and forget to retreat. If the person you're ubering doesn't escape with you, well, fuck him.
6. Positioning! You don't worry about spies as much, but you do worry about splash damage, and vectors for escape and harassment from scouts. Another thing I was constantly yelled at was spreading ubers around for the other team members. E.g. I uber my pocket and he rocket jump to the other pocket to cause trouble. I look behind for the other roamer soldier or demo so they can do the same.
7. Keeping tabs on your ubercharge and letting your team know how much longer it will take. Also, keeping tabs on your enemy medic's charge. I never got the knack for this since it got confusing when the other medic died...but experienced players will tell me I have a 5 second advantage so use the uber now or just back off. REALLY experienced players who know they have a 10 second advantage push up cause they know they have to finish off that other medic or you're at a standstill. Saw an amazing match by CompLexity once where Pyourrr ubered in, team couldn't cap, they all backed off alive, and they did this three times!

One reason why I say medic is the best class for beginners and those who want to learn is that you have to be really observant, and that's something I'd take over 'better aim' any day.
Pretty much nothing to add to this. I will say that I never recommend new players to play Medic as their very first class anymore, unless they tend to play support in other games. The average player is so unobservant that I'd rather they stay in front of me instead of watching my back.

As for the backburner beta update, they're probably testing changes to the back crit angle, although I now realize why they're so hesitant. If people rage from every facestab, imagine what it would be like the second it accidentally crits beyond the usual angle. Worries of wonky lag compensation is probably why they made the angle so small in the first place, especially since back crits from one effect all in the flame.

They also could just be considering lowering the airblast cost to 40.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yeef said:
I don't know what happened during thunder mountain, but I was destroying everything like a man possessed. I am not supposed to do this well! Especially considering I joined on the last stage of the first round! :mad:

82693F305EE81058297E3953D04FF654662D7326

Also, this:
Horribleimage.jpg
Probably because teams were stacked and no one was playing a good class.

Yeef said:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559795186985659883/82693F305EE81058297E3953D04FF654662D7326/[/IG]
[/QUOTE]
I wasn't playing. That's what happened.

Yeef

Proven said:
As for the backburner beta update, they're probably testing changes to the back crit angle, although I now realize why they're so hesitant. If people rage from every facestab, imagine what it would be like the second it accidentally crits beyond the usual angle. Worries of wonky lag compensation is probably why they made the angle so small in the first place, especially since back crits from one effect all in the flame.

They also could just be considering lowering the airblast cost to 40.
Projectiles, including flames, aren't lag compensated. Basically, if the pyro has bad ping you're more likely to avoid his flames. If YOU have bad ping you're less likely to avoid his flames and be killed through walls by flames.

Forkball

If you thought mini-sentries were annoying...
6191222174_3c603020d9_b.jpg

Also ghost hats.

ghosthat_pyrohelmet.png

ghosthat_soldierviking.png

ghosthat_demohood.png

It would be cool if unusual effects were more like the above instead of just slapping on some random particle effects.

Acerac

Banned
My favorite comment of the night was n0b wondering why I had abandoned him. Apparently I have become too used to playing with bad heavies, it doesn't matter if we're horribly outnumbered at the opposition's spawn point.

Perhaps he should play more so I can see what a skilled heavy can do when he has a medic on him. I always need more heavies to pocket heal, even if they find the GRU so ugly that they typically wouldn't dare using them.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Nice to see they addressed both my issues with the Quick switch. Drkirby complains, valve listens!

Bit disappointed by the backburner changes, but it does make it less of a clear upgrade from the Flame Thrower. Maybe valve will just up the flame thrower damage again, lol. Right now, all 3 do about the same damage, but being honest, the Degreaser likely still does a bit to much damage compared to the utility it gives.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Forkball said:
It would be cool if unusual effects were more like the above instead of just slapping on some random particle effects.
Yes please. Half of them are just plain ugly/too distracting.

Tenck

RocketDarkness said:
Dominating an enemy spy via counterespionage is the best.

Beating the enemy Spy in score is much better :D

@Beef: Just checked my killstats, and I've killed you 20 times now. You've killed me a whopping 0 times hahaha.

Acerac

Banned
Tenck said:
Beating the enemy Spy in score is much better :D

@Beef: Just checked my killstats, and I've killed you 20 times now. You've killed me a whopping 0 times hahaha.
That makes me feel much better about my typical kd ratios against spies.

Tenck

Acerac said:
That makes me feel much better about my typical kd ratios against spies.

The TF2 gods have spared your for a while. My ratio against you is 1.43. It feels like you're almost always on my team though. Going to have to change that :D

Edit: Rofl, you're the only medic that I've have the worst ratio with. Everyone else is above 6.0.

Acerac

Banned
Tenck said:
The TF2 gods have spared your for a while. My ratio against you is 1.43. It feels like you're almost always on my team though. Going to have to change that :D

Edit: Rofl, you're the only medic that I've have the worst ratio with. Everyone else is above 6.0.
Meta has trained me well. He consistently had me at 5/1. Playing with him has had me watching my back more often. -_-

That and I technically have as much time logged with spy as I do as medic, even if it is mostly on joke servers, so I know some of the tricks.

Tenck

Acerac said:
Meta has trained me well. He consistently had me at 5/1. Playing with him has had me watching my back more often. -_-

That and I technically have as much time logged with spy as I do as medic, even if it is mostly on joke servers, so I know some of the tricks.

We're going to have to change that a bit. Hopefully I continue to do well as a Spy because honestly, that's like the only class I feel is worth playing. I can go scout and do well (ask cornburrito >:)] but I like to sneak around behind enemies and stab them.

I've been meaning to take a break from TF2 for a while, but I just can't. I really want to try and get good with scout but I'm just horrible with a mouse and keyboard.

Top Bottom