• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

vehn said:
what do "sweets" mean?

In trading, "sweets" are random stuff that you toss into a trade to make it more appealing. This is how people like to get rid of dueling games, crap stranges, low-tier paints and hats, etc.

thefil

Anybody else have problems with the replay editor? I took a shot, part in first person and part in free camera. Playing it back in-engine was fine, but when I rendered it to video it came out with a random third perspective between first person and my intended perspective that totally ruined the shot.

Am I doing it wrong?

Clydefrog

Got a hat drop tonight :O

Probably the ugliest hat in the game. A Janissary Ketche.

tumblr_lgocr8iwlx1qh4nyxo1_400.jpg

also did this tonight! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c--iF8k2xPU&feature=youtube_gdata

Clydefrog said:
Got a hat drop tonight :O

Probably the ugliest hat in the game. A Janissary Ketche.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgocr8iwlx1qh4nyxo1_400.jpg[/ig]

also did this tonight! [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c--iF8k2xPU&feature=youtube_gdata[/url][/QUOTE]
Ketche looks great in white. Pharaoh swag.

Acerac

Banned
Professor Beef said:
Tell Boney to stop making fun of my point count, I am a lowly Medic. :(
Boney is making fun of your point count? Ouch.

Medics may be lowly, but they're plenty good at scoring points. I am horrible at this game yet I manage to be competitive in points because I just latch on to any player I know is decent. =o

*Edit*

Fuck yes I have meta down to below 1:4 K:D ratio! That's what you get for being out of practice! Feel the wrath of my solemn vow! I am also no longer providing him his best k:d ratio! *Donces*

SteveWinwood said:
Pangloss why you hatin on mizzou?
Don't really hate. Just pulling your leg. Mizzou is a fine school. I just think the Big 12 has always been a joke. Only conferences I really like are the PAC-10 and the SEC.

Sianos

Didn't play that well last night, as represented by my Psyduck award that will go quite nicely with my Slowpoke avatar. Sorry for you guys having to listen to me be tired, probably should have taken a nice long nap during Thunder Mountain. Oh wellll, better luck/skill/awake-ness (?) tonight.

Wish the Euro server was more active, as I could really go for some procrastination midday jank about now.

Sgt.Pepper said:
Quote be hatin' on my nice Heavy run on Steel. =D

It was so nice everyone got jealous of it and also went Heavy. :p

Every time I'd kill one, two would take his place! When we finally did cap C, we still lost because of the lack of overtime.

Congra- YOU'VE FAILED BOOOOOO

Is there anything more pleasurable than puffing Heavies off of cliffs and watching those big dumb Russians die knowing that there's nothing they can do to stop it?

divisionbyzorro said:
Is there anything more pleasurable than puffing Heavies off of cliffs and watching those big dumb Russians die knowing that there's nothing they can do to stop it?

I don't think any class can do shit about getting airblasted off cliffs. Expect maybe scout.

But yeah, it is satisfying.

Forkball

Drkirby said:
Yeah, both of the M&B hats are pretty bad.
Worst promo ever. The game wasn't as good as Warband, and the hats were also terrible. Luckily I traded them for the Dread Knot, Fez, and Lime paint.

Anyways, the Halloween update will probably be on the 27th, so three weeks from this Thursday. At least Portal 2 DLC will hold us over (for the two hours it takes to complete it).

JackEtc

So I haven't played since school started (I do miss playing with you all), and totally forgot about idling. I just started text idling again, and got the RIFT Fire Axe (Sharpened Volcano Fragment). Those drop now?

Valve really needs to start giving some of the strange weapons new stats. Like the Direct Hit should have kills along with airborne enemy kills. Jarate needs assists. And the GRU needs distance traveled.

Grimm Fandango said:
Valve really needs to start giving some of the strange weapons new stats. Like the Direct Hit should have kills along with airborne enemy kills. Jarate needs assists. And the GRU needs distance traveled.

Even more, medi gun needs assists or points healed. It's pretty ridiculous that it only counts Ubers.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Grimm Fandango said:
You could have the GRU track both the distance traveled and HP lost.

Acerac

Banned
Tkawsome said:
That's what I mean.
In that case you're preaching to the choir. The medigun is probably the most difficult primary weapon to level; counting assists over ubers would put it much more in line with all the others.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Acerac said:
In that case you're preaching to the choir. The medigun is probably the most difficult primary weapon to level; counting assists over ubers would put it much more in line with all the others.
Heard they did both though?

And it should be two assists...and there should be a strange kritz...

Here's a question, how often do they roll out new strange weapons? I'm really hoping to get my hands on a strange Kritz at some point but I have no clue how often they issue new stranges.

Kuro Madoushi said:
and there should be a strange kritz...

You read my mind.

Tkawsome said:
Here's a question, how often do they roll out new strange weapons? I'm really hoping to get my hands on a strange Kritz at some point but I have no clue how often they issue new stranges.

They roll them out with updates (although #29 wasn't really a part of one). Next one is likely going to be the Halloween update. Strange Kritz might make it, who knows for sure.

Acerac

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
Heard they did both though?

And it should be two assists...and there should be a strange kritz...
Acerac said:
It does count assists. They just don't level up the gun.
:D

Even 2:1 would be easier to level than it is currently. That being said, counting ubers does force me to play a bit more intelligently to not lose that charge.

The Kritz drives me crazy. If I could always count on having an intelligent teammate I'd love it, but too often do I have my teammate just die while I sit there wishing I could have made them invincible instead.

Acerac said:
The Kritz drives me crazy. If I could always count on having an intelligent teammate I'd love it, but too often do I have my teammate just die while I sit there wishing I could have made them invincible instead.

I build the Kritz so fast I don't care if I waste it from time to time. It just lets me know to avoid that person when I get my next charge. Medi gun is the one that drives me crazy since it takes longer to build and I find people are just as likely to waste it. I can't count how many times people just sit there ubered or go after the scout that's bouncing around instead of charging the sentry. I play fast and loose though so Kritz is more my style when I'm on defense or notice there's not many engineers on the enemies team.

Blizzard

Banned
Before they add stats to any guns, they need to add an option to disable strange weapon popups without disabling trade popups. And/or they need to make strange weapon popups vanish after 2-3 seconds, instead of me having to hunt for the 'k' button or whatever while part of my screen is obscured (even worse if 2-3 popups happen to appear at the same time).

Acerac

Banned
Tkawsome said:
I build the Kritz so fast I don't care if I waste it from time to time. It just lets me know to avoid that person when I get my next charge. Medi gun is the one that drives me crazy since it takes longer to build and I find people are just as likely to waste it. I can't count how many times people just sit there ubered or go after the scout that's bouncing around instead of charging the sentry. I play fast and loose though so Kritz is more my style when I'm on defense or notice there's not many engineers on the enemies team.
I can see that. Love when I go from person to person with 100% charge and nobody will reload their weapons or start to move in.

I keep telling myself I'm going to get decent with the kritz, but I just get frustrated after 2 or 3 deaths. I seem to have more luck with the quick fix. The uber sucks, but I have fun with it the rest of the time.

All Strange should just count 1 point for each score point you earn with them. This still doesn't help Strange GRU, but it helps everything else. Even the Strange Pain Train would level up pretty quickly with captures.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Acerac said:
I can see that. Love when I go from person to person with 100% charge and nobody will reload their weapons or start to move in.

I keep telling myself I'm going to get decent with the kritz, but I just get frustrated after 2 or 3 deaths. I seem to have more luck with the quick fix. The uber sucks, but I have fun with it the rest of the time.
The quick fix is so fucking bad I can't believe people actually use it.
If you want to use that medigun just play heavy. You'll help your team more.

Acerac

Banned
Hazaro said:
The quick fix is so fucking bad I can't believe people actually use it.
If you want to use that medigun just play heavy. You'll help your team more.
The quick fix is bad, but at least I can keep the entire team up when they're all calling for heals. Triage is fun, but when 3 people are all whining for heals at 10% health apiece there's only so much I can do. The kritz doesn't even bring that to the table.

That's why you'll see me with the classic medigun pretty much constantly. When my choices are a bad medigun, a good medigun, or a medigun whose uber annoys me more often than not the choice is pretty easy.

Top Bottom