• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Acerac said:
The quick fix is bad, but at least I can keep the entire team up when they're all calling for heals. Triage is fun, but when 3 people are all whining for heals at 10% health apiece there's only so much I can do. The kritz doesn't even bring that to the table.

That's why you'll see me with the classic medigun pretty much constantly. When my choices are a bad medigun, a good medigun, or a medigun whose uber annoys me more often than not the choice is pretty easy.
And fewer will come back to your for heals because they DIED WITHOUT THE HEALTH BUFF.
Prevention not treatment imo.

Not raggin on you, I just don't understand the Quick-Fix. The medic is the cornerstone because of the health buff letting you win a much larger percentage of fights and staying alive and controlling that space.

*I played Kritz medic for 2 rounds on a pub server because our team was sucking so bad and then we rolled super hard on attack and defense. I think out of 8 kritz I got like 5 assist kills, and no one would turn around or attack enemies attacking me. It was pretty bad.
We had 3 heavies though so we won. Hard to take down almost 1500 health of damage dispensing death easy.

Hazaro said:
The quick fix is so fucking bad I can't believe people actually use it.
If you want to use that medigun just play heavy. You'll help your team more.

You just haven't played with someone who uses it right. When I'm with decent players, that gun alone can make my whole team borderline unstoppable. Especially if they stick together. While it does have the the least effective of the three ubers, it can still fully heal the team if you switch charges, and save my ass in a tough situation. When I play with the Quick Fix I die far less which means I'm more likely to be out in the field healing you fools.

It's clearly intended for specific situations but when those arise, it's a pretty great gun.

Acerac

Banned
Don't come to me if you want a defense for the Quick Fix. Saying that I prefer it to the Kritz is not a huge compliment, I almost never use either. Since I've picked up the strange ubergun it's sitting somewhere between 6-700 ubers, I doubt I've had 10 ubers between the two other guns in that time.

I should point out however that if I were to use the Quick Fix it'd be on koth exclusively. Due to the small size of those maps I rarely have time to give players overheals and find that I need to keep multiple people up from low health more frequently. Beyond that, scouts tend to be a bit more popular on that map type and the QF helps me keep up with them. That said, you'll still almost exclusively using the medigun (or a different class!) even in this format.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Tkawsome said:
You just haven't played with someone who uses it right. When I'm with decent players, that gun alone can make my whole team borderline unstoppable. Especially if they stick together. While it does have the worst of the least effective of the three ubers, it can still fully heal the team if you switch charges, and save my ass in a tough situation. When I play with the Quick Fix I die far less which means I'm more likely to be out in the field healing you fools.
You're playing med wrong.

Tkawsome said:
You just haven't played with someone who uses it right. When I'm with decent players, that gun alone can make my whole team borderline unstoppable. Especially if they stick together. While it does have the the least effective of the three ubers, it can still fully heal the team if you switch charges, and save my ass in a tough situation. When I play with the Quick Fix I die far less which means I'm more likely to be out in the field healing you fools.

It's clearly intended for specific situations but when those arise, it's a pretty great gun.
Yeah, I always get more ubers off and do more healing with the Quick Fix. Sure, the ubers aren't as good, but a bad uber is still better than not even getting a single one off because you die first, which is often what happens when I use the regular medigun.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Tkawsome said:

I don't know, just seems like asking to die to 3 stickies to me.

Hazaro said:
I don't know, just seems like asking to die to 3 stickies to me.

No doubt. The thing is, you don't stick the uber on any one person. You wait until multiple teammates are wounded and you bounce the uber to all of them, fully healing your team in a couple of seconds. Problem is too many medics pocket, which would make this gun terrible. It's not intended to "charge" the enemies as much as reenforce the defense or front line.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Kuro Madoushi said:
You're playing med wrong.

It's good as long as the person being healed doesn't suck.

Great for keeping several players at max health while pushing.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Tkawsome said:
I rarely use the Quick Fix, I'm just saying it's great in specific situations.
Still quick shits to me.

I can't see any upside. Maybe if they focused on the speed aspect more...?
Uber = defense
Kritz = offense
Shits = speed

Otherwise, buffed player >> quickly healed character.

If you're having trouble triaging, follow my rule/

Going to/in a fight (someone close but not fighting and near death? Fuck them) = heal.

Burning to death? = quick heal

Other medics over good players.
good players over avg players.
Avg players over people who get you killed.

I joined a game with Sgt. Pepper and Pepper was telling this guy not to use Quick Fix because it doesn't have invincibility.

The guy seems adamant about using the Quick Fix saying, " You are free to switch to Medic and use the medigun, but I use Quick Fix because it builds Ubercharge 3 times as fast.

lol So fucking what?

Kuro Madoushi said:
I can't see any upside. Maybe if they focused on the speed aspect more...?

Think about it this way. You have four people defending a point and they're all getting wounded. You're healing one of them but the others are still getting hurt, so they'll either die and wait to respawn or retreat to find a medpack. Once they leave your front line is much weaker, even if they were an average player and you're still pocketing the star. With this gun you can heal them all in the time it takes to heal one with the other guns, so there's minimal breaks in attack/defense. Its charge builds very quickly and acts as an instant heal for the medic and most of your team too. The idea is it keeps everyone alive instead of one person, which is why it's best suited for specific situations.

Cloudius12 said:
I joined a game with Sgt. Pepper and Pepper was telling this guy not to use Quick Fix because it doesn't have invincibility.

The guy seems adamant about using the Quick Fix saying, " You are free to switch to Medic and use the medigun, but I use Quick Fix because it builds Ubercharge 3 times as fast.

lol So fucking what?
SMFH

Acerac

Banned
Tkawsome said:
Think about it this way. You have four people defending a point and they're all getting wounded. You're healing one of them but the others are still getting hurt, so they'll either die and wait to respawn or retreat to find a medpack. Once they leave your front line is much weaker, even if they were an average player and you're still pocketing the star. With this gun you can heal them all in the time it takes to heal one with the other guns, so there's minimal breaks in attack/defense. Its charge builds very quickly and acts as an instant heal for the medic and most of your team too. The idea is it keeps everyone alive instead of one person, which is why it's best suited for specific situations.
That's essentially my viewpoint. The only problem is knowing ahead of time when these situations will occur. When playing payload and PLR the cart keeps this from happening frequently, and with capture points overheals tend to be far more useful. With arena the ubers are too valuable to give up. This leaves KOTH as the one map type I'd even consider using the QF on.

Forkball

Quick Fix needs a faster heal rate. 40% really isn't enough and is barely noticeable, especially against enemies that just got injured. Ideally the Quick Fix would heal as fast as the other mediguns after a certain amount of time has passed. With no overheal, I just feel useless sometimes if everyone is at full health or if we're trying to get a push ready.

Going back to update speculation, I kinda hope Valve doesn't hold everything until Halloween. Typically the Halloween updates have been kinda small. Just a new map and some cosmetic stuff. I hope they do what they did with the Uber Update: a big update with all the main stuff, and then a week later we got the summer crate stuff with extra cosmetic items. Ideally they would give us the loadout update before the 27th, and then have the Halloween event later in the month.

Also there are certainly going to be Halloween crates this year. Valve would have to hate money for those not to happen.

Sianos

Once the strange quick-fix is released, it'll be the most popular medigun, as the increased uber charge rate means you can level it up three times as fast!

In all seriousness, for the most part default medigun is the best, with kritz sometimes being important (not as much on random crit servers) and quick-fix almost never being as good. Invincibility is very useful for taking out sentry nests and survivng large amounts of damage, Kritz is good for taking out large groups of players with a Soldier or Demoman, and Quick Fix is only good if you already have another medic handling the heavy duty jobs while you keep the rest of the push sustained. Quick Fix definitely has the smallest niche, while I'd say default medigun has the largest.

XeroSauce

Forkball said:
Quick Fix needs a faster heal rate. 40% really isn't enough and is barely noticeable, especially against enemies that just got injured. Ideally the Quick Fix would heal as fast as the other mediguns after a certain amount of time has passed. With no overheal, I just feel useless sometimes if everyone is at full health or if we're trying to get a push ready.

Going back to update speculation, I kinda hope Valve doesn't hold everything until Halloween. Typically the Halloween updates have been kinda small. Just a new map and some cosmetic stuff. I hope they do what they did with the Uber Update: a big update with all the main stuff, and then a week later we got the summer crate stuff with extra cosmetic items. Ideally they would give us the loadout update before the 27th, and then have the Halloween event later in the month.

Also there are certainly going to be Halloween crates this year. Valve would have to hate money for those not to happen.

I thought the Quick-Fix got nerfed?

It got it's Ubercharge rate butt down from +40% to +25%, and it's heal-rate from 50% to 40%.

i think if people got faster Ubercharges with it, it would be the Medigun you use as a quick counter to an incoming force.

I'm thinking that the Halloween update this year will be a big one, a week long affair with balloons and pumpkins.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Tkawsome said:
They wouldn't be wounded if you just had overhealed them in the first place. They would have killed everything and came back with 70% HP.
That's my main point. Also the Quickfix uber doesn't protect you like a kritz/uber does so you can be easily picked off as well too.

I just feel it doesn't support the team anywhere near as much.

*I didn't realize the Ubercharge rate is as fast as it is (since you are healing a player to full and not overheal.
That I can see it being decent if your team is capable of sticking together and pushing up over and over.

Yeef

XeroSauce said:
I thought the Quick-Fix got nerfed?

It got it's Ubercharge rate butt down from +40% to +25%, and it's heal-rate from 50% to 40%.
Yes and no. When it first came out in the beta is was 50/50 but the medic didn't get healed by his own megaheal. it got tons of little tweaks until it made it to its current state, then it was released into the real game.

I think the quick-fix is decent, but it could stand to have the megaheal negate crits (like the backup) and also not lose extra uber for megahealing multiple targets.

How did this get here
58498ABA6F4AC2563D871FE045F7B54660AC128E

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
balladofwindfishes said:
How did this get here
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/560921086975294763/58498ABA6F4AC2563D871FE045F7B54660AC128E/[IMG][/QUOTE]
Does it have that *glint* too? Jealous.
Pretty sure you deserve it though.

My TF2 janking maybe some1 can help.

if I alt tab out i cant get back in (doesnt crash crash, just black screen)...I believe the window command can fix this???(dont remember the command so yeah ill need that)

on class select screen right before a map starts, or a class change, where the presently selected class guy stands (on the left from rest of your team ) its just a white block. And on any loadout/craft screen the icons/boxes are really small (like 1/4 of usual size)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
JackFrost said:

if I alt tab out i cant get back in (doesnt crash crash, just black screen)...I believe the window command can fix this???(dont remember the command so yeah ill need that)

on class select screen right before a map starts, or a class change, where the presently selected class guy stands (on the left from rest of your team ) its just a white block. And on any loadout/craft screen the icons/boxes are really small (like 1/4 of usual size)
Play in Fullscreen Windowed
add -noborder to the launch settings

Then verify your game data/cache I guess

JackFrost said:

you can do what Hazaro say, you do lose some fps though.

Blizzard

Banned
The server was almost unplayably janky on gravelpit for me. At least twice, one of which got me killed, I tried to turn around and instead the mouse escaped the window. I was getting like 30-40 fps in places, spiking up and down.

Javaman

Quickfix beats out kritz and uber for making that last push to the end for payload or cp. You can cap while ubered unlike the others. As long as you do a little bit of dodging for the heavy stuff like demo charges and rockets you can pretty much live through anything, even a sentry at range.

Yeef

Blizzard said:
The server was almost unplayably janky on gravelpit for me. At least twice, one of which got me killed, I tried to turn around and instead the mouse escaped the window. I was getting like 30-40 fps in places, spiking up and down.
Sounds like a personal problem, not a server problem. The server has nothing to do with your mouse cursor, that's all client-side!

Blizzard

Banned
Yeef said:
Sounds like a personal problem, not a server problem. The server has nothing to do with your mouse cursor, that's all client-side!
That's what you'd have me BELIEVE! I'm sure it was all due to your lag spikes and your netgraphs. *waves cane*

Yeef

I think Pacman is fine like once or twice a week. It seems like you guys play it every night at this point. Sometimes multiple times.

Acerac

Banned
Yeef said:
I think Pacman is fine like once or twice a week. It seems like you guys play it every night at this point. Sometimes multiple times.
It is the only map I'll vote for Hightower to avoid.

Sciz

Probably best to just pull Pacman from the vote/nominate list entirely every so often to keep it from being overplayed. It's lots of fun, but wears out its welcome easily.

Blizzard

Banned
Sciz said:
Probably best to just pull Pacman from the vote/nominate list entirely every so often to keep it from being overplayed. It's lots of fun, but wears out its welcome easily.
The real problem is, you're not there to play low-gravity Pacman Fever music.

The second problem is, the walls need to let you jump over them with rocket-jumping and low-gravity. Can someone edit the map to allow that?

Blizzard said:
The real problem is, you're not there to play low-gravity Pacman Fever music.

The second problem is, the walls need to let you jump over them with rocket-jumping and low-gravity. Can someone edit the map to allow that?
What about Scouts just running in and out of spawn hitting Sandman balls at each other the whole time? I mean, I did that to get achievements, but it seems kinda cheap...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
what did you contribute, ballad???? TELL USSSSSSSS!

Edit: TKAwesome, the fact of the matter is no overheal makes it useless. It's not hard to keep four people alive on a point if you're spreading heals around. If you have an uber, EVEN BETTER! I'll uber one and pay attention to the others and only switch if they're about to die to save them.

Forkball

Why is Pacman only one round? It should be two at least. AT LEAST.

I went unopposed as a sniper this one round on Harvest. No one killed me at all. Imagine if I actually hit most of my shots.

40C5AB208988D70C39C0B20F56CDE355D01A8D90

Also,

20FBDDBA5E199B4EB9B2E0A299CF5515F3BE5B26

719330C63BC8B06939A83091CB1F30893491431E

Double also,

engiepromo.png

67DQi.jpg

7sigs.png

mVAg0.jpg

Top Bottom