• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

AtomHeart

Neo Member
Just crafted together a class token and slot token and got the direct hit, looks like I'm just gonna have to pray to the drop God that I get it some time soon. That really irritates me that there isn't a specific recipe though.

EmCeeGramr said:
...Yes, that statement is unironically correct. Situations in which an attacking team has to build up an uber to push forward aren't exploits.

Also it's not exactly a situation that FORCES an ubered Demo to exist. A regular Demo can take it down.

No I don't think you understand the situation I was talking about. They had the level 3 sentry right outside the spawn. A demoman would be blown up the second they left the spawn.

Boonoo said:
Wait, are you saying you guys let them build up there after you had taken the point? If you let someone build a lvl 3 right outside your spawn door it's your own fault. It probably takes 2 minutes for an engie to actually get all the way set up there with a lvl 3 dispenser and sentry.

Yes that is what happened. And it wasn't me who let them build. I was a spy and was hanging out near their spawn. My team was mostly incompetent, but I don't feel that such a situation should happen in the first place. There are no alternate routes out of the spawn so there is no way to avoid the sentry, nor any way to get out of its range and shoot it from afar.

Yeef

I'd rather just wait for one to drop than try to craft one since there's no unique recipe. One of these days I'm going to craft a maul just to have it. I'd rather use tokens on that.

[EDIT]
Obsessed said:
No I don't think you understand the situation I was talking about. They had the level 3 sentry right outside the spawn. A demoman would be blown up the second they left the spawn.

Yes that is what happened. And it wasn't me who let them build. I was a spy and was hanging out near their spawn.
Well, first off, your team letting them build on the roof when you're spawning there is just insane. i can't even fathom how an engineer could manage that unless everyone on BLU were struggling to even move.

More to the point, a heavy will outdamage even a level 3 at that range. Moreso with the brass beast. it'd also be trivial for a spy to disguise, sap everything then the rest of people in the spawn to rush out.A demo could also just lay stickies right up alongside the spawn door, wait for another teammate to walk out and explode them to destroy everything, provided the sentry isn't off to the side. but, if it is, it'd make it even EASIER to deal with since you could edge it with no repercussions.

desh

Yeef said:
I'd rather just wait for one to drop than try to craft one since there's no unique recipe. One of these days I'm going to craft a maul just to have it. I'd rather use tokens on that.

Do you have the three-rune blade already?

Yeef

desh said:
Do you have the witch blade already?
You mean the Witcher sword? Yes. Genuine, of course.

The only weapons I'm missing are the maul, the fishcake and the original. Since I don't plan on buying SpaceChem I've given up on the fishcake.

Yeef said:
[EDIT]Well, first off, your team letting them build on the roof when you're spawning there is just insane. i can't even fathom how an engineer could manage that unless everyone on BLU were struggling to even move.

More to the point, a heavy will outdamage even a level 3 at that range. Moreso with the brass beast. it'd also be trivial for a spy to disguise, sap everything then the rest of people in the spawn to rush out.A demo could also just lay stickies right up alongside the spawn door, wait for another teammate to walk out and explode them to destroy everything, provided the sentry isn't off to the side. but, if it is, it'd make it even EASIER to deal with since you could edge it with no repercussions.

Yeah it really was ridiculous.

Also a Spy couldn't do shit. The other team really knew what they were doing. Two Pyros were also on the ledge with the Engineer.

I'm not sure if the sentry was far enough to avoid sticky bomb damage. I'm guessing it was.

Anyway points taken. I'll concede it isn't really cheap considering the amount of time it would take the Engineer to do it.

Yeef

EmCeeGramr said:
if we're going to go down pro map variants it's only a matter of time until we get warmfront
We already had turbine pro on the server and I had already looked at warmfront long ago. it doesn't seem different enough to warrant putting it on the server. If it weren't for that tunnel I wouldn't have ever bothered with Viaduct pro, but that makes a HUGE difference, since that's where engineers generally build.

Javaman

Darkflight said:

Yeah, that was fun. It's too bad they decided to turtle with sentries on the last cp though. It's hard to bust through 3 or 4 level 3s without a bunch of coordination.

Baha said:
Just traded #18 for a Bill's Hat.
a1Gfw.gif

Forkball

Baha said:
I crafted twice and got lucky twice. Just traded #18 for a Bill's Hat. Keeping #26 for myself.
What the...

Valve is crafting for making them available before the drop count resets. Many will cave and buy them so they can have 'em today.

Smithy C

Just had a very annoying round as a medic on Dustbowl. Three different people run away from the sentries on the fourth point when I uber them. Rage quit and rage ate a bag of Doritos. Now I feel awful.

Yeef

Looks like they still haven't added new crates. If they're not adding logic to the game for strange mediguns then they really need to hurry up and release them.

JackEtc said:
Oh sweet, lol. Doesn't pop up in game.
Only the first 100 will show up in-game. That's why crafting stuff immediately after a patch is vital. You can get lucky like Baha and make out like a bandit.

JackEtc

Yeef said:
Looks like they still haven't added new crates. If they're not adding logic to the game for strange mediguns then they really need to hurry up and release them.

Only the first 100 will show up in-game. That's why crafting stuff immediately after a patch is vital. You can get lucky like Baha and make out like a bandit.
Ugh, I want a strange YER too. :(

Call me when Strange Sniper Rifle/Huntsman/Buschwaka and also Degreaser/Axetinguisher. are out. The only one that interest me out so far is the Knife.

Yeef

JackEtc said:
Ugh, I want a strange YER too. :(
You'll probably be waiting a long time for that. Any new crates will almost definitely be for medic, engineer and sniper strange weapons since they haven't gotten their crates yet.

Yeef said:
You'll probably be waiting a long time for that. Any new crates will almost definitely be for medic, engineer and sniper strange weapons since they haven't gotten their crates yet.
Strange Wrangler/Wrench?

Mafro

Ha, I was just saying the other day that Valve should just do their own version of tf2tp.com and low and behold they've (sort of) done it in the latest beta client update.

Forkball

So Steam has a new feature called Steam Trading. It's currently in beta.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6748-ETSG-5417

What items can be traded?

Team Fortress 2 items and Steam Gifts can currently be traded in the Steam Trading Beta.
Will there be other games that support trading?

We’re working now with other game developers to incorporate both Trading and Inventories. Portal 2 should be reasonably soon and we hope to have several third-party games in the next few months.
What do you mean by trading Steam Gifts?

Any game you’ve purchased from the store as a gift, or received as an Extra Copy, can be traded to other users. They can be used to trade for other Gifts, or for items in Team Fortress 2. We’ve added a new checkout option to the Store when purchasing a gift so you can save it for trading or sending later, to support users who want to save games for trade fodder.

So basically a new way to trade TF2 items. I guess it's a safer and more legit way of trading games for TF2 items.

Yeef

I love those Steam guys. I wonder if they have names.

ZEVdu.png

[EDIT] Beta also adds grouping friends into categories.

- Added bucketing of friends in the friends list – right-click on a friend as select ‘Tag as…’ to organize them into categories.

Tagging friends uses the same interface as game categories, but you can use multiple tags per person. They haven't updated the game categories with the same functionality, but it must be right around the corner.

KarmaCow said:
The ordering of items in the backpack is odd, I think it's based on when you received the item.

Yep, and I hate it. I spent a fair bit of time organizing my backpack; I don't appreciate having it all mucked with in this trade beta.

Can you trade from outside of the Steam Client using this beta?

(._.)

Banned
Wonder how the new trading features they are adding will affect trades in general. hope they introduce more traders.

Yeef

divisionbyzorro said:
Yep, and I hate it. I spent a fair bit of time organizing my backpack; I don't appreciate having it all mucked with in this trade beta.
There's a search box right at the bottom that updates as you type. Much easier than navigating manually even if they did keep the proper order.

Top Bottom