• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

I said they're bad at pipes - not necessarily bad demomen.

But they could be BETTER demomen. The best demomen out there can use pipes 90% of the time and still be fine.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Togglesworlh said:
Fair enough. Pipes are best at closer ranges, it's true. Can't do much but spam at long range. But if you can't turn around on a dime and nail a scout in the face with a pipe, then you aren't a real demoman. UU:
I'm pretty decent at that. Problem is then I take 90 damage and the scout kills me. :[[[[[[[[[
Togglesworlh said:

But they could be BETTER demomen. The best demomen out there can use pipes 90% of the time and still be fine.
COME AT ME BRO

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
You're bad if you don't play the way I think you should play. Does that sound about right?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Togglesworlh said:

Doesn't matter, your advice was 'use pipes first'

No, it should be 'use pipes if you have no other options'

Otherwise, they should definitely use stickies if a scout is on them.

and FUCK YOU!

Tenck

Hazaro said:
Eh, I wasn't super worried about them hitting at that range. I only rely on pipes hitting at much closer ranges than that long stretch I was mainly defending. Plus I wasn't really trying since I can turn my brain off and click in the general direction of stuff.
I don't rely on GAF players walking in straight lines either.

I haven't been playing TF2 as much as I have been, just an example from yesterday.

So you're Neroh, the one who doesn't like it when others try to learn a new class.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Tenck said:
The one who doesn't like it when others try to learn a new class.
:'[

I've been playing more soldier and heavy. Just if I die too many times or we can't break
something I go demo. Or something really vertical and good for demo like Upward.

Sniper / Scout if I'm bored. Occasionally medic.
Pyro is worthless. Spy haven't done as much. Lost my touch, used to be pretty good.

Tenck

Hazaro said:
:'[

I've been playing more soldier and heavy. Just if I die too many times or we can't break
something I go demo. Or something really vertical and good for demo like Upward.

Sniper / Scout if I'm bored. Occasionally medic.
Pyro is worthless. Spy haven't done as much. Lost my touch, used to be pretty good.

Yeah trying to learn the Demoman and Soldier myself. I suck with stickies since I can't really tell how far they will go. Pipe bombs are the only thing I'd say I'm 'good' with as demo.

And Soldier is fun to play with, but I feel like sometimes I don't give the opposing team a fighting chance.

Only Spy for me it seems :/

Hazaro said:
I'm pretty decent at that. Problem is then I take 90 damage and the scout kills me. :[[[[[[[[[

COME AT ME BRO
I find that scouts actually die in one hit a lot of the time, even though this damage range would tell you otherwise. http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Grenade_launcher

Sure, sometimes they've already taken a little damage, but... that's not always the case. Like in that video I linked above. Almost assuredly, that scout was at full health. He was coming straight from spawn and we hadn't pushed that far, yet. He still died from only one pipe. I died, too, because he'd already shot me once.

I don't quite understand why it works that way, when it shouldn't. C'est la vie.

Although now that I think about it, Sandman reduces their max health. That DOES make sense.

EDIT: Also, you're going to run into the same problem with the sticky launcher, with the added disadvantage of having to wait longer to do damage, giving the scout more opportunity to damage you.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Tenck, you need to be a less obvious DR. I know that the short circuit did not just kill you at full health.

Also, why is there no short circuit related rewards yet?

Edit: Odd, there are, but none of my kills registered. I thought I did actually kill one guy, maybe they were all DR spies.

Drkirby said:
Tenck, you need to be a less obvious DR. I know that the short circuit did not just kill you at full health.

BUT IT'S SO STRONG AND TENCK IS SO FRAIL

Tenck

Drkirby said:

Lol I know I should take a bit of damage before I activate my DR, but I am probably the most unlucky Spy ever. Put down the watch a bit to take some damage and make it seem convincing, and get gibbed by Fallengorn. He's the guy I have to watch out for the most, and 99% of the time he's on the other team :/

Solly is the bread and butter of this game. In my opinion it is the best class in the game, nice health, power and mobility.

Edit: Er, rectifying a little. Actually, Medic is the best class in the game. I mean Soldier is the best powerclass.

Tenck

Sgt.Pepper said:
Solly is the bread and butter of this game. In my opinion it is the best class in the game, nice health, power and mobility.

Edit: Er, rectifying a little. Actually, Medic is the best class in the game. I mean Soldier is the best powerclass.

I like the Soldier class a lot, though you wont see it on my stats, since Rocket lauchers are one of my favorite weapons (all from Quake).

Some might say I'm crazy if I say I feel Soldier is a bit OP, and they have a right to since I hardly play Soldier, but it's what I feel is true.

*hides because he has disturbed the peace of TF2 Gaf*

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Tenck said:
Lol I know I should take a bit of damage before I activate my DR, but I am probably the most unlucky Spy ever. Put down the watch a bit to take some damage and make it seem convincing, and get gibbed by Fallengorn. He's the guy I have to watch out for the most, and 99% of the time he's on the other team :/
Gotta be careful doing that.

Experienced players know when a DR is used regardless. And you never know when a crit will come out.

This is why I hate it so much. I know a spy has used it, but due to the stupid shield it puts up I can't do shit anyways.

It's not used so much to fool players as it is a cheap means to avoid death. I am usually dead on when I see meta use it (spies don't die so easily from smg fire), but all he's done is douched off somewhere to recharge before joining the fight.

If they hopefully nerf it one way, I'd say don't let it recharge itself. A spy HAS to get metal or ammo.

Tenck

Kuro Madoushi said:
Gotta be careful doing that.

Experienced players know when a DR is used regardless. And you never know when a crit will come out.

This is why I hate it so much. I know a spy has used it, but due to the stupid shield it puts up I can't do shit anyways.

It's not used so much to fool players as it is a cheap means to avoid death. I am usually dead on when I see meta use it (spies don't die so easily from smg fire), but all he's done is douched off somewhere to recharge before joining the fight.

If they hopefully nerf it one way, I'd say don't let it recharge itself. A spy HAS to get metal or ammo.

Yeah now that I am using the DR almost exclusively, I feel like I can't go behind enemy lines as easily as I used to with CnD. With the CnD you didn't notice me until I was trying to backstab you. With the DR, I feign a death and everyone is paranoid.

Togglesworlh said:
Soldiers are easy targets for snipers. Even when they rocket jump a lot.
The average Sniper won't hit a Soldier that rocket jumps, unless it is really predictable or the space is big enough, like Harvest/Badlands. Most maps have many obstacles that make playing Sniper more difficult. No one sane is going to play Sniper on Nightfall with all that crap around.

Tenck said:
Yeah now that I am using the DR almost exclusively, I feel like I can't go behind enemy lines as easily as I used to with CnD. With the CnD you didn't notice me until I was trying to backstab you. With the DR, I feign a death and everyone is paranoid.
that what Gaf servers does to people.

Sgt.Pepper said:
The average Sniper won't hit a Soldier that rocket jumps, unless it is really predictable or the space is big enough, like Harvest/Badlands. Most maps have many obstacles that make playing Sniper more difficult. No one sane is going to play Sniper on Nightfall with all that crap around.
Well, yeah, but we're talking about good players, right? Even I, as a shitty sniper, manage to hit rocket jumpers about half the time. Don't always get a headshot, of course, but what're you gonna do? Rocket jumps are always remarkably predictable, so you just have to get used to the timing of the rise and fall.

I know more than one sniper who would destroy on Nightfall.

Tenck said:
Let's talk about why the Stickies are better than Pipe Bombs in every way.

>:)
Lsat I heard, the popular theory was that Majora's Mask directly followed Ocarina of Time's "happy ending", and Wind Waker followed Ocarina of Time's alternate timeline ending where Ganondorf wins centuries later?

Where does Skyward Sword fall?

Tenck

Sgt.Pepper said:
Or why minisentries are so damn annoying and good.

Meta and I were both playing Gunslinger engies on harvest yesterday. We only did it because Rapstah was a Gunslinger Engy first.

We showed him how annoying minisentries are!

Togglesworlh said:
Lsat I heard, the popular theory was that Majora's Mask directly followed Ocarina of Time's "happy ending", and Wind Waker followed Ocarina of Time's alternate timeline ending where Ganondorf wins centuries later?

Where does Skyward Sword fall?
Zelda sends Link back in time after he KOs Ganon. Then Ganon comes back, gods flood world. Wind Waker happens.

Link, after being sent back in time, squeals to Zelda about Ganondorf. Then Link leaves for Majora's Mask while Ganondorf gets executed. Twilight Princess happens. Skyward Sword is before all of this.

Um...I mean, stop turning this into a Halo thread guys.

Sianos

Drkirby said:

Edit: Odd, there are, but none of my kills registered. I thought I did actually kill one guy, maybe they were all DR spies.

Yeah, if I force Tenck to pop I never think "hey I killed tenck with my twenty damage potshot yayyyyyy" but rather "welp, time to steal all the health and ammo". I'm honestly more surprised when I actually kill a Dead Ringer spy. Over time I've gained a good sense for how spies act [that doesn't stop them (Meta) from stabbing me in the face or (Tenck) two-shotting me with their shortstop[/stike] enforcer. :p]. I rarely get backstabbed, and if I do I'm just not paying attention.

I consider it a minor victory forcing you to pop, and a major one if I track you down multiple times, keeping you from getting kills and possibly eventually maybe finishing you off. :p

Togglesworlh said:
But what about Link's Awakening, the best Zelda game ever? Surely, it's the most important game in the canon of The Legend of Zelda!

2D Zelda > 3D Zelda

It's a proven fact, guys.

(._.) said:
what are some good huds?

I use FrankenHUD: it's simple, elegant, and shows you all the information you need to know.

Tenck

NSQuote said:
Yeah, if I force Tenck to pop I never think "hey I killed tenck with my twenty damage potshot yayyyyyy" but rather "welp, time to steal all the health and ammo". I'm honestly more surprised when I actually kill a Dead Ringer spy. Over time I've gained a good sense for how spies act [that doesn't stop them (Meta) from stabbing me in the face or (Tenck) two-shotting me with their shortstop enforcer. :p]. I rarely get backstabbed, and if I do I'm just not paying attention.

And don't you forget that!!

I learned a while ago that if I can't rely on my Knife as much as I want to, then I'll annoy you guys by using my gun. Good thing the Enforcer is my backup weapon, since I don't think I'd ever fend off anyone (or many people anyways) with the regular revolver. And the Amby is not my choice of weapon since I'd have to rely on headshots most of the time (the few times I wouldn't rely on headshots is if you guys have really low health and I can body shot you).

Edit: Fine day to play Degroot

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
(._.) said:
what are some good huds?
I really liked pv hud, but they've stopped updating it.

I'm using community, but may give franken a spin.

edit: You guys are all wrong. Zelda on CD-i > * lolololololol

Tenck

Kuro Madoushi said:
I really liked pv hud, but they've stopped updating it.

I'm using community, but may give franken a spin.

edit: You guys are all wrong. Zelda on CD-i > * lolololololol

And this is why no one likes you!!!

Proven

wartime1020 said:
I love how everyone thinks demo is op, but I hardly see anyone go a standard GL/SL loadout. The class is OP, so why don't more people play it? I am usually the only demo on my team, and when I'm not, the other person is usually being dumb and using shitty melee weapons.
The same reason I don't play Spy or Sniper. Also, in the past they used to be over played so I concentrated on other classes.

But, the class does appeal to me on a number of levels, one of which being that he's entirely projectile based. So I was happy when the shield came out and gave me a fun reason to play with pipes.

Now I have trouble aiming stickies in any way that isn't a trap after all the years of using Rockets/Flares/Pipes. Heck, in some situations I'll purposely just make my pipes roll in an area to act as a quick sticky. My brain just works weird.

Proven said:
The same reason I don't play Spy or Sniper. Also, in the past they used to be over played so I concentrated on other classes.

But, the class does appeal to me on a number of levels, one of which being that he's entirely projectile based. So I was happy when the shield came out and gave me a fun reason to play with pipes.

Now I have trouble aiming stickies in any way that isn't a trap after all the years of using Rockets/Flares/Pipes. Heck, in some situations I'll purposely just make my pipes roll in an area to act as a quick sticky. My brain just works weird.
*brofistbump*

Forkball

I've gotten some interesting offers for my spare Sight for Sore Eyes, some up to five refined. It's tempting because I want to try to craft as many hats as possible during the next update, but I think it might be easier to just trade the eyes for something new I want. New hat prices are always hilariously inflated at the beginning, so I'm hoping someone will be willing to give up something good for the pyro eyes since by the next big update you should be able to equip two misc objects.

ICropMyImagesBecauseIAmAKindHumanBeing.png

Top Bottom