• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Yeef said:
I vaguely recall reading that some facepunch/polycount people that got letter from Valve saying that there would be a big update before the Scream Fortress update. Usually the Halloween updates are relatively small (new map and new hats).
they might go for something different this year, a bigger update that runs for 2 weeks, with all the items they have been withholding plus a new game mode hopefully.

EvilMario said:
New class, or bust.
I still remember that time they said "We even have ideas for a tenth class."

At this point, I have NO IDEA how they'd add one. Before the ridiculous amount of weapons added for all the other classes, I could see it happening at almost any time, but these days it'd be so difficult to balance. I don't know.

I'd love to see it happen, anyway.

What about that new game mode, though?

AcciDante

Togglesworlh said:
I still remember that time they said "We even have ideas for a tenth class."

At this point, I have NO IDEA how they'd add one. Before the ridiculous amount of weapons added for all the other classes, I could see it happening at almost any time, but these days it'd be so difficult to balance. I don't know.

I'd love to see it happen, anyway.

What about that new game mode, though?
They'd probably balance it by not balancing it and just adding it anyways.

Chesskid1

Banned
is there anyway to find servers with better players? or does anyone have any recommendations?

i like to play during the day sometimes, and gaf is empty during that time mostly.

i can't go back to valve servers.

Tenck

Chesskid1 said:
is there anyway to find servers with better players? or does anyone have any recommendations?

i like to play during the day sometimes, and gaf is empty during that time mostly.

I usually go to this 24/7 Harvest map. Yeah yeah Harvest can get boring sometimes, but the majority of the time there's some people on there that make me rage.

Proven

Valygar said:
I also got +10K heal while defending in a pub game. I almost died 2-3 times, but I was very careful since 6-7 minutes alive, overhealing from the back and not putting myself in danger. Luckily, all my teammates treated me like a live dispenser and tried to come back if they were less than 50% health.
See? Semi-competent at the least.

Bad news on that wario ware thing:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TF2Ware/announcements/detail/1371567368131532689 said:
TF2Ware is broken, probably no future fix
posted by Mecha the Slag - out drinking @ 07:01PM on September 09, 2011
Valve recently released an update that messes up the timescaling that TF2Ware uses

I've tried contacting Robin but have yet to get a response. Which means that there is, currently, no sight of a future fix.

If there ever is an update I will make sure to post it here, and on the Slag Gaming group.

Stay tuned.

SteveWinwood said:
Bad news on that wario ware thing:
gOyQE.gif

Proven said:
See? Semi-competent at the least.

My match was public, but some of the players there were really good with the Kritz combo. Just looked up the score and it was 9,800.

So damn close.

I'm curious though, is there anyway to see the stats for that specific round? Or some sort of counter to show how much healing I'm currently at? The main scoreboard continues past the match, so I really have no clue what my points are really at.

commissar

Tkawsome said:
My match was public, but some of the players there were really good with the Kritz combo. Just looked up the score and it was 9,800.

So damn close.

I'm curious though, is there anyway to see the stats for that specific round? Or some sort of counter to show how much healing I'm currently at? The main scoreboard continues past the match, so I really have no clue what my points are really at.
Points healed are at the bottom of the tab scoreboard.
Just pay attention as to where you were each life and do some quick maths.

I got my 10k as red on the final point of badwater. As long as you watch for spies :)

commissar said:
I got my 10k as red on the final point of badwater. As long as you watch for spies :)

Yup this is the best map to get the achievement. The final capture point allows the Medic to hang back and just heal teammates. Just watch your back for Spies. Pick a 32 member server also.

Tenck

Grimm Fandango said:
Yup this is the best map to get the achievement. The final capture point allows the Medic to hang back and just heal teammates. Just watch your back for Spies. Pick a 32 member server also.

All the warnings in the world wont help you, Spies are always after you!

Chesskid1 said:

Gibbed is usually full, and they have good players.
Speaking of the GAF server being empty, does anyone want to get on it now?

Forkball

Yeef said:
I vaguely recall reading that some facepunch/polycount people that got letter from Valve saying that there would be a big update before the Scream Fortress update. Usually the Halloween updates are relatively small (new map and new hats).
Did it really say this, or did it just say that their items were getting in the game? I know about two weeks ago during the schema leak some people got e-mails, but I don't recall if Valve said there would be another update beyond the Halloween one.

I don't think we're going to get two big updates this month since it's getting late in the month, my only real hope is that they decided to push the Halloween update earlier instead of having it on the last Thursday of the month. I don't know why the Halloween event even goes into November, after Halloween happens everyone is already candy corned out. They should have it during the middle of the month, with it ending on Halloween.

And watch us still not get Raid Mode.

Okay when I'm playing huntsman sniper every once and a while when I let go of m1 it doesn't fire the fucking arrow. It's kind of annoying :/

Yeef

I love the noisemakers so much. Whether you're doing awesome or terrible the punctuate your actions so nicely.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
I love when a team loses and they complain they had too many Snipers

And all the Snipers they had changed to that class because they kept getting headshotted

And I'm the one that was doing the headshotting

:3

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Charron said:
I love when a team loses and they complain they had too many Snipers

And all the Snipers they had changed to that class because they kept getting headshotted

And I'm the one that was doing the headshotting

:3
What's your steam alias? Windz?

Goldrush was a travesty. Might as well have replaced half the fucking team with pylons for all the good they did. I COULD'VE PICKED PYRO AND STUCK THE TAPE ON W+M1 AND I'M SURE IT WOULD'VE HAD MORE POINTS THAN YOU USELESS PEONS!

Javaman

Tkawsome said:
I broke 9 thousand today. It was an attack/defend map and I was steamrolling them with a soldier/kritz the whole match. Even let them capture the first point to give us more time and still made it just shy of the 10 g's. Guess cheating is the only real way, huh?
I got the 10k defending the 2nd point on dustbowl. Just play it safe and hope your guys can hold the point. (Or better yet farm that silly thing!)

Yeef

Allegedly, in the beta when you equip the persuader you no longer get ammo from dispensers. Resupply locker is the only way to restock. ;(

Tenck

2 spies on our team and I didn't see them capitalize on anything. Even I as gunslinger engy did more than them.

Yeef said:
Allegedly, in the beta when you equip the persuader you no longer get ammo from dispensers. Resupply locker is the only way to restock. ;(
I wish they'd switch around the bonuses so I could get the charge rate without the health-from-ammo bonus.

I love pipes and hate not being able to have them once I run out. ):

Blizzard

Banned
Togglesworlh said:
I wish they'd switch around the bonuses so I could get the charge rate without the health-from-ammo bonus.

I love pipes and hate not being able to have them once I run out. ):
It's called game balance! You people complain about heavies, and yet you want your crazy demoknights buffed. MADNESS, I TELL YOU WHAT.

Blizzard said:
It's called game balance! You people complain about heavies, and yet you want your crazy demoknights buffed. MADNESS, I TELL YOU WHAT.
The whole reason the ammo-to-health thing exists is to make ammo not worthless when you're full-on demoknight. It also barely gives any health at all, so it's actually usually hurting your team more than it helps you. If you want to call "game balance!" then you have to show some evidence to support your claim.

I'm also not saying that I want it free of any other penalties. I'm just saying what I'd like to see happen.

Similarly, I've never complained about heavies. Except that Natascha is worthless and Tomislav is goddamn annoying.

Yeef

Togglesworlh said:
The whole reason the ammo-to-health thing exists is to make ammo not worthless when you're full-on demoknight. It also barely gives any health at all, so it's actually usually hurting your team more than it helps you.
Yes and no. Normal ammo pick ups give you like nothing. Dropped weapons give you 120 health which is usually a full heal or very close to it.

Basically, it lets you stay in the fight a lot longer as long as you can pick up the weapons of the people you kill. That's how I've been using it with vanilla demo loadout. With the beta change it makes it not worth it, because running back to spawn when i run out of ammo wastes a huge amount of time.

Tenck

I played fine with Windz on a Double Cross server. Go back to Gaf server and my game keeps crashing. Not blaming the Gaf server, but this enrages me :/

Top Bottom