• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

AcciDante

I crafted my metal and a demo token to get a stupid Tippler's, which I then crafted with a duplicate pyro glove to get a pipboy....which I already have. This update jacked muh sniper hat swag, then pooped all over me.

/me uninstalls computer.

Oreoleo

AcciDante said:
I crafted my metal and a demo token to get a stupid Tippler's, which I then crafted with a duplicate pyro glove to get a pipboy....which I already have. This update jacked muh sniper hat swag, then pooped all over me.

/me uninstalls computer.

ZYIjp.gif

Done that in the past myself. I think I'll hold on to my metal this time. Thanks for talking some sense into me ;)

Bah I used my 7 metal to make a Handyman's Handle and a Physician's Procedure Mask. Dammit... why can't TF2 love me? Been several months since a hat drop too...

Anony said:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577810944662047628/76BDEDBA4A328DF5C9DA48D0B270FFB16FE6EB3C/[IMG]
so is this what everybody unboxes?[/QUOTE]
That's what I got. Not a bad looking free hat for a change. Looks nice on Scout I think.

Zomba13

mojiimbo said:
Was the Luchadore always a misc. item?
Nope. That's new.

I was going to craft mine into a different hat but might keep it now.

EDIT: WHAT THE FUCK!
I can't use the villians veil with the Desert Marauder any more!? WHY! It looked cool!

yeoz

Clydefrog said:
I wonder what people like ye0z and Cuban Legend (idlers extroadinaire) are doing at a time like this. Must be crafting like crazy and getting some pretty nice stuff.
I have 81 refined, but, I am stuck working, so I'm unable to craft. Oh well. Maybe the halloween update. :(

Scipius

Anony said:
<paper hat image>
so is this what everybody unboxes?

I got both the Paper Hat and a Buccaneer's Bicorne. Might be that you will either get just the Paper Hat or the Paper Hat plus one of the new hats from this update.

Javaman

Nabs said:
I have a ton of metal. What should I do, what should I do.....

Wait for the new items to become more common than trade for what you want on the cheap. Who gives a crap about item numbers.

yeoz

Javaman said:
Wait for the new items to become more common than trade for what you want on the cheap. Who gives a crap about item numbers.
Well, the idea is that if you get lucky, you can trade a low number hat for a pile of other hats. Not really the greatest idea though, since it relies heavily on luck and timing.

Anony

Scipius said:
I got both the Paper Hat and a Buccaneer's Bicorne. Might be that you will either get just the Paper Hat or the Paper Hat plus one of the new hats from this update.

I AM FUCKING RAGING RIGHT NOW

when is neogaf server going to be up?

Oreoleo

Javaman said:

I think it's the allure of getting a low number and then trading it away for mass amounts of metal/hats. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I would do. Anyway the window has passed to get a decent number on anything so it's mostly a moot point now.

Zomba13

GruntOfAction said:
Opened the anniversary package, gave me nothing. Yay! :D
Dunno if this is the reason or not but I can't connect to the loadout server so maybe you were disconnected from the loadout server when you opened it so you wont get the hat untill it connects again?

didnt open gift yet...Anyone else having BP problems? I manually organize and everytime i drop something it goes right back to same spot.

a lil mad about pyromancer not going misc yet. was all ready for my hoody/sore eyes,pyromancer loadout.....at least i got FLAIR!!! to look forward to and some other cool pyro stuff

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, there is the salvaged crate. Which may also suggest Mann Co. is going to be the Halloween update area place.

Greyvvolf

I just realized that my Voodoo Juju, Spine-Chilling Skull, and a couple of other items are now tradable. So all store bought items are now tradable?

Zomba13

Greyvvolf said:
I just realized that my Voodoo Juju, Spine-Chilling Skull, and a couple of other items are now tradable. So all store bought items are now tradable?
Yeah. I think all store bought items from before the update have been made tradable/craftable and all items bought from the store from now on become tradable/craftable after a few days.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Just took all the paper hats from my idle accounts, crafted them together, got a rather festive tree, a Masters Yellow Belt, and a Big Country.

Yep, mistake or not, the Paper Hats are both tradable and can be used in crafting.

Exuro

Anony said:
i just crafted....

Couvre Corner #56

i dont know if it's shit or not, but it SEEMS shit
FUCK MY LIFE
That's the doctor's hankerchief right? I'd be interested in that. No idea what the price on it would be though.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Zomba13 said:
Yeah. I think all store bought items from before the update have been made tradable/craftable and all items bought from the store from now on become tradable/craftable after a few days.
Time to waste money on digital items!

Top Bottom