• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

JackFrost said:
pyros hi-5 taunt.....yeah shes a chick or ummmm really flamboyant

Got a video?

Greyvvolf said:
I just realized that my Voodoo Juju, Spine-Chilling Skull, and a couple of other items are now tradable. So all store bought items are now tradable?

My crafted Skull is still untradeable and I want the Juju :(

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Couvre Corner #1, The Hot Dogger #1 + #2
Looking for offers on these 3 items.

C/O:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 for either #1
8 Keys for #1 The Hot Dogger

lol

Previous

check out my new Swatch
I got two things in my package, paper hat and that board you can put a custom decal on. wonder how that works.

Forkball

Drkirby said:
Just took all the paper hats from my idle accounts, crafted them together, got a rather festive tree, a Masters Yellow Belt, and a Big Country.

Yep, mistake or not, the Paper Hats are both tradable and can be used in crafting.
Interesting. Thanks for the free junk craft hat.

Also I hope the custom texture items drop and can be crafted. I think you have to buy the tool that actually lets you put a texture on it though (which is BS).

I want the Sniper hair, Medic Stahlhelm, Pyro Conscious, and custom badges. I'll save my refined though until the Halloween update. I'm going to see if anyone will trade me a Pyro Conscious for my spare Sight for Sore Eyes (fat chance but maybe someone has two).

A bit disappointed in the update, and I will always be disappointed until we get RAID MODE.

(._.)

Banned
They added some cool hats I noticed. They also finally added gullywash to the official map rotation. I played that map well over a year ago and it was very popular then.

Some other cool stuff peaks my interest but I have no interest in buying anything for this update.

Forkball said:
Interesting. Thanks for the free junk craft hat.

Also I hope the custom texture items drop and can be crafted. I think you have to buy the tool that actually lets you put a texture on it though (which is BS).

I want the Sniper hair, Medic Stahlhelm, Pyro Conscious, and custom badges. I'll save my refined though until the Halloween update. I'm going to see if anyone will trade me a Pyro Conscious for my spare Sight for Sore Eyes (fat chance but maybe someone has two).

A bit disappointed in the update, and I will always be disappointed until we get RAID MODE.
Sounds like Halloween update.

Acerac

Banned
Ooh, free builder's blueprints in an alt account's crate. Awesome.

Fuck yeah, bonus surgeon's stethoscope on my main! This game knows what classes I enjoy playing.

AcciDante

Sciz said:
The host just rolled out the update a few minutes ago and now the server won't come up at all. Somewhere, someplace, there is critical jank.
If a jank falls in the forest with no one around, does it still break the server?

(._.)

Banned
look at all this shit on my character now :O

952014CE592232734E023A23F26CD30C172C9DD8

XeroSauce

I used:
Mining Light
Industrial Festiviser
Modest Pile
Second Modest Pile
Lucador

Got:
Teddy Roosebelt
Surgeon's #100
Tosslecap
nonnumber Gym Rat

Forkball

(._.) said:
look at all this shit on my character now :O
You are part of the problem.

The item server is all screwed up so I can't do loadouts correctly since my changes won't load. I just want to be Demoknight at the touch of a button!

Forkball

I caved, crafted my three refined for a Hetman's Headpiece. Crafted that with a spare Manniversary hat from my idle account and got a Furious Fukamigasa. Actually I wanted that hat, but still. STILL.

So why are people crafting hats? Is there something special about a new update that means new hats are more likely?

Or did they reduce the cost or something?

MrPing1000 said:
So why are people crafting hats? Is there something special about a new update that means new hats are more likely?

Hoping for a numbered hat. a low numbered hat.

Exuro

MrPing1000 said:

Crafting hats gives you a craft number. If you have a low numbered hat then it's worth a lot.

Forkball

MrPing1000 said:

There's the chance of having a craft number on the name of the hat (if you craft one of the first hundred of a certain hat). Depending on the hat and number, they are extremely valuable. People have traded unusuals for them.

Also because the allure of having a new hat instantly is too strong to deny, so people chew through their metal and end up with a Pyro plunger or something.

Well I had 16 ref not doing anything so I crafted some hats.

Got the new spy hat, L'Inspecteur it's not numbered though, tf2items says it's #147. Oh well.

Anony

Forkball said:
There's the chance of having a craft number on the name of the hat (if you craft one of the first hundred of a certain hat). Depending on the hat and number, they are extremely valuable. People have traded unusuals for them.

Also because the allure of having a new hat instantly is too strong to deny, so people chew through their metal and end up with a Pyro plunger or something.
so, there are only 100 crafted hats w/ numbers per every one of these new hats? (no crafted 101+?)

Forkball

Anony said:
so, there are only 100 crafted hats w/ numbers per every one of these new hats? (no crafted 101+?)
Yes. Well, you can actually see the number in your backpack (at least on tf2b.com), but only numbers 100 and below are in the name i.e. Stupid Ugly Hat #34

mojiimbo

All crafted hats have a number but you can only see them on third party backpack sites like TF2B.com and they actually diminish the value of a hat if it's higher than 100.

Anony

ah, i see
(but i guess it doesnt apply to old hats then)

i guess my courve corner seems less shitty now, maybe i can trade it for something good

MrPing1000 said:

Im newer so my input is basically invalid, but as a new guy Ill say what i see...
people dont care about craft numbers,or levels like they used to, except for the obvious biggies (craft #1- like #10, levels 69 and 100).People put stuff up for sale, vintages great for this, and want absurd prices for "odd" numbers, and youll see in the comments that ppl just dont care.
I dont craft hats, if i want a hat ill buy one for ref. When I do buy hats...i want clean (no craft#,no gifted from) I REALLY want the cremators conscience, cause THEY SO FLUFFY...IM GNNA DIE!!! but i wont pay 1 random weapon more for craft#11 then i will for a clean...id probably pay more for the clean.

so for now im gnna guess they crafting just to get the hot new stuff first (understandable)....i want my cremators :(

Oh, and I had a anniversary gift waiting for me in my backpack. Paper hat of course. Do you loot them as normal drop ? Or everyone gets one for this update ?

UnluckyKate said:
Oh, and I had a anniversary gift waiting for me in my backpack. Paper hat of course. Do you loot them as normal drop ? Or everyone gets one for this update ?
Everyone gets one. You get it right as you start up the game.

NSQuote said:
Big ugly pic

I hate you (read:im jealous)...The birdie even changes color.

Whats this decal crap??? can i put my stunning face on all the decal stuff or is it pre-designs from valve (im guesing former being they advertising the fuk outta "put your clan logo here" )

DarkKyo

UnluckyKate said:
Some people get a hat from the new update as well.

Forkball

UnluckyKate said:
Some people are saying they get the paper hat AND a new item. It's probably random and the chance to get a new item is probably low.

There are two new crates, one strange crate with Mad Milk, Half-Zatoichi, Fists, Degreaser, Gimm Hatte and Mongolian. The other one is a Salvaged Mann Co. Crate, not sure what's inside.

Backpack_Salvaged_Mann._Co_Supply_Crate.png

Could be related to Halloween.

Also the Soldier now only gets 40 HP from small health packs instead of 41.

Got rid of 16 ref and a few crappy hats. Ended up with both new spy hats (neither numbered) a wingstick, a fancy dress uniform, a bonkboy, ze goggles and safe n sound.

Pretty good.

Top Bottom