• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Kulock said:
What the fuck has this game turned into.
-I get to supply GAF with super cheap items and keys in masse/at a discount
-the initial free-> premium purchase pays for itself and turns into profit in a matter of a few weeks
-i get 24 times the chances to get hats as drops per week.*
-same for per-account gift items like the recent manconomy gift box
-if i only count smelting average # of dropped duplicate weps its ~ 1 bills hat per week ($10USD)
-*leverage for funding my item collecting habit for TF2

-my current setup requires 1 batch file to boot 12 at a time to idle, set it and forget it
-with steam trade i can get all my items sent to my main idler to prepare for selling/smelting in no time

-if anything else i can paypal all my spoils per week into a paypal account made for buying new games i fancy on steam(or for saving up for the steam sales) without ever touching my RL work/earned money reserves throughout the year
-i do it for the lulz

Ken

I keep having TF2 randomly crash on me and give me something about hl2.exe not working. Is there any fix for this?

Ken said:
I keep having TF2 randomly crash on me and give me something about hl2.exe not working. Is there any fix for this?

6a0120a85dcdae970b0128777073eb970c-pi

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Ken said:

There are far too many things that could cause that. Probably has to do with the recent update though.

I have a feeling that the crashes were due to the items. I played for about an hour, and no crashes. The game is vanilla at the moment.

Ken

Iadien said:
There are far too many things that could cause that. Probably has to do with the recent update though.

Oh, well I just started playing TF2 so I had no idea how common/difficult of a problem it is.

Blizzard

Banned
I feel like only considering normal Bill's hat prices isn't where the true money is to be found, considering I knew someone who I thought would like sell stuff for $50-80. I guess unusuals or finding crazy people on trade servers is key.

Iadien

Ken said:
Oh, well I just started playing TF2 so I had no idea how common/difficult of a problem it is.

Hardware issues can cause that. Bad ram, video card, etc. But if you don't receive the errors in other games or the error just started appearing since last night, then it's probably the update.

Chinner

Banned
i tried to play tf2 but the item server was down and i didnt have any of my hats or weapons.

boycotting valve until its up!

DarkKyo

So how the heck to do you initiate an item trial? I can't see it in the store...
edit: nm, I did not know you could only trial old weapons.. I guess that's a feature for f2p people then

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
ZombieSupaStar said:
unstable pieces of shit.
Borgnine's playstyle.

edit: also, you're all idiots. There are PC bangs (rooms) in Korea where it's extremely cheap to log in and play any game that's installed on there INDOORS. I don't recall if you pay for time or usage...but I do recall it being easy for you to stay there all night long since it was cheap and they sold instant noodles there too. They make it so easy for Koreans to go on binges and kill themselves.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Yeef your stupid stats website for jerks is broken, it didn't register any of my Fallenhorns from yesterday. I demand restitution.

Yeef

A big part of the stats plugin is a SourceMod plugin called superlogs and I had to disable SourceMod last night. Without superlogs all that's recorded are kills and the weapon used for the kill. Superlogs gets info on actions like banners and ubersrazorbacks and the like. It's why there are so many of the awards were empty for yesterday.

Same reason demos weren't recorded (a plugin auto-records when people play).

Apparently not playing in a long time wipes all your global awards... I am no longer the master of the Big Kill, Shovel, Detonator, and Frying Pan D':

Edit: Must've typed this as Yeef was posting above, d'oh.

Yeef

ArtistDude88 said:
Apparently not playing in a long time wipes all your global awards... I am no longer the master of the Big Kill, Shovel, Detonator, and Frying Pan D':

Edit: Must've typed this as Yeef was posting above, d'oh.
Global awards are for the last 30 days. Otherwise, it'd be almost impossible for them to change hands...

Kulock said:
I wasn't asking if it was profitable for you, gold farmer.
tumblr_lsut4sl7nm1qafrx8o7.gif

I was answering your question, its turned TF2s micromanaging game into a micromanaging game of its own...

...for both my benefit and the benefit of the GAFers who've gotten items from me at a discount or for free, you want some bro? Let me know when you aint mad thinking TF2 is WoW and I'd be glad to share.

Iadien

Professor Beef said:
I tried out Soldier for the first time yesterday. What in the world have I been missing out on...

free points.

After long breaks I play soldier to get back into the game, even though I rarely play as a soldier.

the tf2 orange box code has to be such a steaming pile of shit now, so much crap has been bolted on, this fucking shit is more unstable than a bethesda engine now.

EDIT: and why the fuck can't i wear fosters facada and sore eyes anymore, shit has worked, and looked fine for months. jesus fucking christ valve...

Cuban Legend said:

2aHEX.gif

Edit: I don't even care to keep this going, so I'll withdraw my comment; I wasn't completely happy with the way it read anyway. You're still a gold farmer even if you help out GAF from time to time.

Clydefrog

Togglesworlh said:

You've uploaded nearly 50 TF2 videos within the week. Are any really worth watching? Has your ISP sent you a letter asking you why you are uploading so much data?

I noticed this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8a1N-5PXEY&feature=channel_video_title

I assume the "Clyde" refers to me, but I have no idea what I did in this one. I don't even see me in it.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Clydefrog said:
I assume the "Clyde" refers to me, but I have no idea what I did in this one. I don't even see me in it.

I think that video title has universal appeal and really could be the title of any video, even if you're not in it.

Clydefrog said:
You've uploaded nearly 50 TF2 videos within the week. Are any really worth watching? Has your ISP sent you a letter asking you why you are uploading so much data?

I noticed this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8a1N-5PXEY&feature=channel_video_title

WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE

The Pacman ghost's name is Clyde.

Clydefrog

Sooorrrrryyyy, I didn't know the Pacman ghosts had names. I was FIVE when I played that game. I was probably too busy eating greasy pizza and spilling coke on the machine before memorizing the fucking ghosts' names!

Top Bottom