• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

there is a new patch for tf2, 105mb.

Fixed a problem with the Foster's Facade not correctly hiding the pyro's head.
Fixed a problem where loadouts would get reset under certain conditions if the item server couldn't be reached.
Fixed a common client crash when displaying items.
Items purchased from the store are no longer craftable.
Updated localization files.

Cloudius12 said:

Fixed a problem where loadouts would get reset under certain conditions if the item server couldn't be reached.

thefuk

Cloudius12 said:

What, another one? Those are the same notes from the last one.

XeroSauce

Some actual gameplay changes:

-Persian Persuader no loader gains ammo from Dispensers

-Widowmaker now uses 30 metal per shot, opposed to 60 pre-patch.

-Small Health kits only heal 20% health now, compared to 20.5% pre-patch.

-Pyro can now equip Reserve Shooter

-Shortstop has a 50% reload nerf

-Dead Ringer now beeps when ready to use

-Certain spots (high Gorge and Gravelpit B roof) are now anti-Wrangler jumps; You cannot
build in those areas

-Strange weapon upgrade notifications no longer appear as a toast popup on screen

Yeef

I added the sign to the stat-tracking. It's unique code is "nonnonviolent_protest." Thought that was pretty funny.

I'm disappointed that they don't differentiate between pyro reserve shooter kills and soldier reserve shooter kills. They do for the regular shotgun.

XeroSauce said:
Some actual gameplay changes

-Certain spots (high Gorge and Gravelpit B roof) are now anti-Wrangler jumps; You cannot
build in those areas
Was that in the smaller patch? Because I did play Gravel Pit and made a teleporter on B.

Yeef

They're team-specific no-build brushes. So BLU can still build up there, but RED can't.

[EDIT] The one on Gorge is at least. Don't know about Greavelpit.

-Certain spots (high Gorge and Gravelpit B roof) are now anti-Wrangler jumps; You cannot build in those areas

Completely closed Gpit B roof from buildings? People always just used Dispensers/Teleporters before the Wrangler came.

crash.jpg

CURSESSSSSSSSSSSS

Proven

XeroSauce said:
Some actual gameplay changes:

-Persian Persuader no loader gains ammo from Dispensers

-Widowmaker now uses 30 metal per shot, opposed to 60 pre-patch.

-Small Health kits only heal 20% health now, compared to 20.5% pre-patch.

-Pyro can now equip Reserve Shooter

-Shortstop has a 50% reload nerf

-Dead Ringer now beeps when ready to use

build in those areas

-Strange weapon upgrade notifications no longer appear as a toast popup on screen

Hmm, they added a cvar for all mapmakers to do the team specific build areas themselves, which is nice, and then put it to immediate use.

A bunch of the beta changes got in. Actually surprising to me. I still haven't gotten to try the Widowmaker, but if it's no longer listed as new in the store...

Persian Persuader nerf means I'll only be using it on small maps; generally KotH and PLR maps.

I'm going to be annoyed by them finally fixing the 20.5% health thing. Give me five years to get used to something...

I still don't think the Pyro should get the Reserve Shooter. But now I'll be using the Reserve Shooter. Thanks Speculawyer for the Uber Update gift!

Blizzard

Banned
Why did they nerf the shortstop? I hardly ever knew anyone to use that, right?

Yay fixing gorge sentries and no more strange weapon popups. I wonder if Valve will stop getting so much money from people buying them to spam servers with messages.

well im too drunk to play now....thanks you janky ass jank server. Lemme know of any good jank hat drops, or if anyone opening crates during play got something good.

NBtoaster

Good to see Demoman still drinks from a frying pan.

But I'm very disappointed that spys cannot wear both the party phantom and fez together anymore :(

Proven

For those wondering, you can only free trial one weapon at a time. So those of us that don't get a lot of play/idle time can't abuse it. On the other hand, a lot of stuff is on sale, so for the handful of weapons you may want you can trial them and get an additional 25% off, I think.

The bad news: it only works for weapons. If it doesn't explicitly give you stats, you can't trial it, meaning you can't try out the Polycount set bonuses unless you already own the hat.

Professor Beef said:
I have a new Medic policy, thanks to playing with morons. If a Soldier I'm trying to heal switches to Equalizer, I stop healing him permanently.

that pisses me off to no end on pubs (as thats the only server im good enough to play)...Ill be laying back, styling,profiling building up a uber and here comes captain fucking America screaming "MEDIC" with a god damned equalizer out...

...listen mang, im on a pub,playing medic, i pretty much figured out who im gnna pocket......you not helping your chance at getting healed at all doing that

Forkball

The Steam Workshop has some cool stuff. A lot of it is made up of submissions from Facepunch, but there's some good items I've never seen before. It won't let me direct link the images, however. PIC DUMP

1E49614A8285B1C301A91422E9E1550BC1DCDDC5

4F4B65116290674B439B9BBEABFDD8D053EE9D6B

577AD7839B9A849E7E65268C5CC2AB8BB2A343BF

Acerac

Banned
Yeef said:
Widowmaker is so broken right now!

I was disappointed becaus ea medic didn't take the leap and use his uber on me, a widowmaker engineer. when no one else is around. Unlimited ammo, invincible engineer would tear up the place!

Dear Memento is EXCELLENT!
I'll have to try that in the future. Apologies for not putting it together, but that would be fairly keen.

MrPing1000 said:
anyone know if a sight for sore eyes can be equipped along with whiskered gentleman?

I just tried it in Itemtest and the Whiskered Gentleman was only visible (2nd slot). Then again, the item server froze up so not sure if it was legit.

Thoraxes

I need the Conscientious Objector so I can put my bear avatar on it and hit people.
"It's not like I want to do this, I just have to." Will be the tag.

Yeef

Thoraxes said:
I need the Conscientious Objector so I can put my bear avatar on it and hit people.
"It's not like I want to do this, I just have to." Will be the tag.
The sign itself is $14.99, I think. (Maybe it was $12.99). The decal maker is $4.99. The description tag is $2.49. $22.47 for 1 novelty weapon!

Hopefully they'll make the sign and decal maker drop. There's also decal badges and medals. How long before we get a decal hat?

Thoraxes

Yeef said:
The sign itself is $14.99, I think. (Maybe it was $12.99). The decal maker is $4.99. The description tag is $2.49. $22.47 for 1 novelty weapon!

Hopefully they'll make the sign and decal maker drop. There's also decal badges and medals. How long before we get a decal hat?
Yeah, it's $12.99. I'm just going to wait to see if they end up making it craftable down the line. I'd be fine with ridiculous requirements too.
Also, according to the store, you are given one free decal maker with purchase of the item though.

Darn it, looks like Valve went and broke a bunch of stuff again... my framerate is now much worse and TF2 is crashing more often than immediately previously...

Yeah TF2 has never been more stable for me than since I started playing again. Seriously.

Three crashes in a single night thanks to this update.

Ah well. Hopefully it'll be fixed in a week or so. HAH.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So i crafted my paper hat and prarie heel biters and got an old guadalajara.

With all the crafting going on on, is it worth crafting my 2 mnc hats(superfan/athletic supporter) for another hat?
also are the german gonzilla or the Otolaryngologist's Mirror worth anything? curious since i dont really play medic and id rather get a hat for a class i play.

Top Bottom