• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Acerac

Banned
ArtistDude88 said:
Just got a patch.

- Items purchased from the Mann Co. store during the window where store items were craftable have been made craftable. Items purchased from the Mann Co. store moving forward will continue to be uncraftable.
- Fixed a common client crash
- Updated localization files

Hopefully this fixes the crashes once and for all.
Fucking nice.

Blizzard

Banned
Togglesworlh said:
If I was the sniper dying there, I think that was from a couple nights ago when I was trying to eat pizza with one hand and play with the other. Fortunately I have W bound to middle mouse, so I can run around, but about the only thing I play that way is sniper and maybe pyro. Downside is, lots of standing still with sniper. :D

Blizzard said:
If I was the sniper dying there, I think that was from a couple nights ago when I was trying to eat pizza with one hand and play with the other. Fortunately I have W bound to middle mouse, so I can run around, but about the only thing I play that way is sniper and maybe pyro. Downside is, lots of standing still with sniper. :D
Haha that is kind of amazing.

Damnit now I want pizza. Guess I know what I'm having for dinner tonight!

Tenck

Kuro Madoushi said:
coming from a n00b? puh-leaze.

Meta gives me fits of rage, but I kill him more than he's killed me, and he's good enough I have to keep constantly aware...you give me fits of laughter with the failure at popping dead ringers at the worst times and walking around extremely suspiciously.

learn to play a useful class instead of douching it up all the time, then we'll talk.

I've done better against you than Meta so far, so It's not bothering me if I seem suspicious or not :p

And Spies are pretty useful. I'm sorry it's not as easy to roll a Spy as it is a scout or Heavy, but each class out performs another class in certain situations.

Even though a lot of the times they do seem useless, all you have to do is capitalize on the enemy team's mistakes to turn a whole match around.

Tenck said:
I've done better against you than Meta so far, so It's not bothering me if I seem suspicious or not :p

And Spies are pretty useful. I'm sorry it's not as easy to roll a Spy as it is a scout or Heavy, but each class out performs another class in certain situations.

Even though a lot of the times they do seem useless, all you have to do is capitalize on the enemy team's mistakes to turn a whole match around.
I like you. You are inspiring me to practice spy enough to be good again.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

- Items purchased from the Mann Co. store during the window where store items were craftable have been made craftable. Items purchased from the Mann Co. store moving forward will continue to be uncraftable.

Cuban Legend said:
I'm an 'item farmer' who

Hey.

We were clearly talking about Kuro now.
You had your turn, bro. Wait until everyone else has had a turn before you go again.

My TL;DR is that I don't blame you for the single-handed destruction of all society and the complete collapse of the modern world and the singular gray hair on Saxton's mustache. But I think you are representative of an aspect Valve failed to tackle properly, and instead of improving it, made it worse with the F2P update. My concern with "keeping up with you" (and I didn't say you specifically) isn't that I want to be a king of the economy, I just want to have a fighting chance of being able to trade for newer items I want without involving money, which used to be possible. Now with the rampant inflation it's become virtually impossible unless I, like you, run a host of faux-accounts to accrue items at a rate beating inflation, which is growing ever faster as the "arms race" continues. You seem to primarily blame the unusual business for this. I do not blame you specifically for the problem, but I still see you as a contribution toward it.

Now please, I think Kuro has been very patient.

Tenck

Togglesworlh said:
I like you. You are inspiring me to practice spy enough to be good again.

If I knew your Steam username I would play Spy besides you!!

It's been fun playing with Meta recently. Just playing with another Spy is always fun.

New update (posted?):
Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Hope the crash they fixed was the one I had been experiencing...

Edit: Duh, first post on this page...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Tenck said:
If I knew your Steam username I would play Spy besides you!!

It's been fun playing with Meta recently. Just playing with another Spy is always fun.
Right, I also remember losing cause you two can't do anything else besides douche.

Dunno where you got the idea you're doing better against me than meta. Even with meta, when I turn it on, I usually catch him and make his life miserable. I don't worry about you enough to try.

Tenck

Kuro Madoushi said:
Right, I also remember losing cause you two can't do anything else besides douche.

Dunno where you got the idea you're doing better against me than meta. Even with meta, when I turn it on, I usually catch him and make his life miserable. I don't worry about you enough to try.

Kill stats on the Server homepage. You've killed me 65 times and I've killed you 63. You've killed Meta like 178 times and he's only killed you like 60 something times.

And douching is the right way to play! Unless I'm bored and go IW + Kunai or IW + YER.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Orellio said:
I don't think anyone does. Pretty sure I've never seen a Togglesworlh(ghbrgharghrhgr) on the server before.

>_>

<_<
I saw him on the other night.

Togglesworlh [GAF]

D_D

<_<

^_^

edit: sigh...leave it to tenck to turn this into a k:d thread...come back after some more seasoning when you'll understand k:d means nothing, especially when I'm off-classing.

Acerac

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:

Meta scares me when he is on the opposing team. Teneck still kills me, but I never have that sense of dread when on the opposing team. ;)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Acerac said:
Meta scares me when he is on the opposing team. Teneck still kills me, but I never have that sense of dread when on the opposing team. ;)
:lol I assume that was a typo? Fuck it! He's 'teneck' now.

Tenck

Acerac said:

And you have no reason to fear me :D

I've told Cornburrito that Meta can be the best Spy in the world, and I would still play Spy exclusively without being bothered everyone just laughs a bit at my feeble attempts to be a Spy.
I've also told n0b that I like to play Spy my own way. Be it goofy and obvious, my time with the Spy is much more enjoyable than when I play any other class.

TL;DR: I play to have fun.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Tenck said:
And you have no reason to fear me :D

I've told Cornburrito that Meta can be the best Spy in the world, and I would still play Spy exclusively without being bothered everyone just laughs a bit at my feeble attempts to be a Spy.
I've also told n0b that I like to play Spy my own way. Be it goofy and obvious, my time with the Spy is much more enjoyable than when I play any other class.

TL;DR: I play to have fun.
And thus, the end of the gold farmer vs the brony ended...

<3 veronica mars!

awesome i like how with one big update tf2 went from being the stablest it's ever been for me to the crashiest it's ever been for me

even today's "fix" didn't do shit

edit: crash number four for the night

i'm gonna go for broke and make it ten before i rage out

Tenck

Togglesworlh said:
awesome i like how with one big update tf2 went from being the stablest it's ever been for me to the crashiest it's ever been for me

even today's "fix" didn't do shit

edit: crash number four for the night

i'm gonna go for broke and make it ten before i rage out

I was going through about 10 crashes a day before the update. Scared to see how many I'll have to endure now :/

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Tenck said:
After I'm done with him he'll have no hands!!
D:

I also suggest fiddling with your settings. Multicore? Effects, aliasing, etc.

I only crash when I alt tab (spare me the no border window cmd, it doesn't work)

i gave up at five (to no one's surprise)

The worst part is I don't even get to play before it crashes. I'm in the server for like a minute before crash. Gonna try another server, maybe? I dunno.

Tenck

Kuro Madoushi said:
D:

I only crash when I alt tab (spare me the no border window cmd, it doesn't work)

Will check out my settings as soon as I can get internet to my laptop. TF2 is the only game crqshing on me and I have my settings pretty low. Other games I'm running at high or max settings no problem.

Edit: Forgot about offline mode :eek:

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Kuro Madoushi said:
D:

launch options:

-dxlevel 81 -sw -noborder -novid -useforcedmparms -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd

=p

Forkball

Maybe old, but the Salvaged Mann Co. Crate (#30) is apparently a rare crate drop and has strange versions of the Machina, Gunslinger, Kritzkrieg, Ullapool Caber, and Holy Mackerel. I WANT ALL OF THESE ITEMS.

first round after all these patches, liking the performance so far. 2fort2furious 4 LIFE SON.

idv46f2s.jpg

Oreoleo

Togglesworlh said:
Map changes keep breaking it for me. :D

Client crashes stopped for some reason, though!

Yeah that seems to be the case. Edit: Looks like this one really broke the camel's back.

I'm glad I didn't play last night and was able to avoid the Great Client Crash of 2011. We will look back at this and laugh!

Top Bottom