• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Kulock said:
2aHEX.gif

Edit: I don't even care to keep this going, so I'll withdraw my comment; I wasn't completely happy with the way it read anyway. You're still a gold farmer even if you help out GAF from time to time.
All of a sudden i have to make the way i type things sound happy? oh lol :slowclap:

Your thinking that 1. i'm the TF2 equivalent of a 'WoW gold farmer' and 2. that my particular cash-out dealings devalues your 'previous items' is a bit flawed bro.

Learn some more about how the Mannconomy works and how idlers of different types and levels even factor into that algorithm. More-so, learn more on how the Mannconomy is shifted and by which kinds of idlers exactly before you assume broadly bro.

Please understand sir, I'll never sleep at night until you can forgive my particular "gold-farming" ways...

tumblr_lqouxbktra1qaj5dxcd.gif

Cuban Legend said:
All of a sudden i have to make the way i type things sound happy? oh lol :slowclap:
...You have no idea what I actually wrote, do you? Go read it again.

Cuban Legend said:
your thinking that 1. i'm the TF2 equivalent of a 'WoW gold farmer' and 2. that my particular cash-out dealings devalues your 'previous items' is a bit flawed bro.

Learn some more about how the Mannconomy works and how idlers of different types bla bla metagame excuses bullshit
Think I said something about "don't even care to keep this going", but we've established above you didn't actually read that part the first time.

Kulock said:

Think I said something about "don't even care to keep this going", but we've established above you didn't actually read that part the first time.
if you aren't happy with the way i type things or the way you type things...

then why put yourself out there, when you aren't in complete understanding of the Mannconomy system's underlying gears and who has the power to shift them in a way to harm your TF2 stock personally?

you said my mass dealings devalue your stock, i ask you to look into it a bit and think about it differently and you might find you are mistaken. sounds easy to me bro.

Chavelo

Kulock said:

Why are you still replying, then? Just move along or sonething.

Tenck

Kulock said:

You did call him out for no reason. I think it that's enough of a good reason for him.to defend himself.

Yes I don't really like idlers myself, since that seems like cheating the system a bit (You're not working at all for your drops) but I do respect idlers who can make it a profitable hobby to sell items on TF2.

More importantly, why is it such a bad thing to have idlers? How does it make someone a gold farmer when it takes 30 seconds to turn on when they go to bed?

I thought gold farmers were those guys who spam to sell gold in servers or get paid horrible wages to farm currency all day lol...wait a minute, gold doesn't even EXIST in this game.

Somethings not right here.

Chavelo said:
Why are you still replying, then? Just move along or sonething.
I intend to, but he's clearly confused, and I was simply offering clarification.

Cuban Legend said:
if you aren't happy with the way i type things or the way you type things...
I didn't feel my previously-listed statement accurately characterized my feelings on the matter, so I retracted it after a few minutes. You saw that, and responded with nonsense.

Cuban Legend said:
then why put yourself out there, when you aren't in complete understanding of the Mannconomy system's underlying gears and who has the power to shift them in a way to harm your TF2 stock personally?

you said my mass dealings devalue your stock, i ask you to look into it a bit and think about it differently and you might find you are mistaken. sounds easy to me bro.
It wasn't my intention to blame you for all of society's ills, which is why I retracted my statement when I felt it didn't accurately reflect my position. Yet you continue to respond to it, even after you clearly saw the edit. You keep responding to a point I'm not making, Mr. Gold-Farmer-with-a-fetish-for-saying-"bro."

Kulock said:
I intend to, but he's clearly confused, and I was simply offering clarification.

I didn't feel my previously-listed statement accurately characterized my feelings on the matter, so I retracted it after a few minutes. You saw that, and responded with nonsense.

It wasn't my intention to blame you for all of society's ills, which is why I retracted my statement when I felt it didn't accurately reflect my position. Yet you continue to respond to it, even after you clearly saw the edit. You keep responding to a point I'm not making, Mr. Gold-Farmer-with-a-fetish-for-saying-"bro."
dear bromango,

listen, if you didn't mean to say that originally then fine, you edit it out. then why continue on your stand against what "i do" as a lowly bottom-feeding economy-breaking jobs-taking "gold-farmer" without trying to properly explain your stand so i may understand, as i have been trying to do so this entire time?

just saying.

sincerely, bromastiff

Cuban Legend said:
dear bromango,

listen, if you didn't mean to say that originally then fine, you edit it out. then continue on your stand against what i do without trying to properly explain your stand so i may understand, as i have been trying to do so this entire time?

just saying, sincerely, bromastiff

Oh now you're just being silly.
nXAls.jpg

It wasn't about you to begin with. I cited your post merely as a "is this the type of thing I have to keep up with as a TF2 addict?" exasperated statement. I did not start out by saying "Cuban Legend is a very bad person." You in turn made it about yourself, bragging about your profits from your ~24 accounts.

I think there are plenty out there with far more expansive operations than you. I don't even really hate or dislike you for it. That doesn't change the fact that you are, by definition, just as much a gold farmer as any gold farmer in an MMO. You just have to do less work to do it, and Valve isn't as strict and experienced at managing the trade economy, so it's become mostly worthless to the average and even many dedicated players as it currently exists.

If you brag about your success as a gold farmer, I'm going to think of you as a gold farmer. If you seek to redefine the widely-perceived definition of a gold farmer, that is your choice, but not one I choose to agree with. That's all, brosef.

Acerac

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:
Item servers are still down? :(
*Gets back from work, notices no new items in my alt's backpack*

Seems like. -_-

*Edit*

What the fuck is with Spongebob all of a sudden?

Tenck

Acerac said:

Seems like. -_-

*Edit*

It's better than MLP that's for sure.

Sianos

Acerac said:

Seems like. -_-

*Edit*

remember when spongebob was popular

those were the dayyyyys

Acerac

Banned
Tenck said:
It's better than MLP that's for sure.
If the new series of ponies were nearly as vapid as Spongebob has become I wouldn't be using this avatar. ;)

Granted, the first season of Spongebob was pretty good. After that though...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Cuban Legend said:
dear bromango,

listen, if you didn't mean to say that originally then fine, you edit it out. then why continue on your stand against what "i do" as a lowly bottom-feeding economy-breaking jobs-taking "gold-farmer" without trying to properly explain your stand so i may understand, as i have been trying to do so this entire time?

just saying.

sincerely, bromastiff
I cast a friendship spell on both of you! (props to anyone who gets the reference)

Also, all you ppl trying to redirect need some lessons.

Sooooo...how about that pony show? Bunch of middle aged men loving a girls show and sexualizing cartoon ponies. CREEPY!

THAT's how you do it. Fuckin scrubs!

Oh Kuro, you so angry.

And now someone says something about the server being jank, right? Or is it time to insult the Quick-Fix? So hard to remember the order...

Tenck

Kuro Madoushi said:
I cast a friendship spell on both of you! (props to anyone who gets the reference)

Also, all you ppl trying to redirect need some lessons.

Sooooo...how about that pony show? Bunch of middle aged men loving a girls show and sexualizing cartoon ponies. CREEPY!

THAT's how you do it. Fuckin scrubs!

Cuban Legend likes to idle and he makes good money.

You are terrible at this Kuro. I'll give it a shot.

Anyone remember when Kuro used to be cool and good at TF2? Yeah neither do I.

Orellio said:
It helps if you've been playing on the server for more than 5 months. OH SNAP.
Hmmm, how about since beta?

Clydefrog said:
You've uploaded nearly 50 TF2 videos within the week. Are any really worth watching? Has your ISP sent you a letter asking you why you are uploading so much data?

I noticed this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8a1N-5PXEY&feature=channel_video_title

I assume the "Clyde" refers to me, but I have no idea what I did in this one. I don't even see me in it.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE
Honestly, I mostly post them for the people who are actually in the videos. And... since 99% of the videos are from the GAF server, I just toss them up here for funsies.

And yeah Clyde is the ghost, DUMMY.

The big rush of videos last week was a ton I uploaded at once because I finally got around to rendering the replays. Worth watching? Eh, depends on who you are.

I think the biggest problem is that without the HUD and voice, the rendered replays lose a lot of context. Thankfully, it seems as if they've finally added the option to render with voice. Dunno if or how it works yet, though.

Tenck

Orellio said:
It helps if you've been playing on the server for more than 5 months. OH SNAP.

And thus my plan to change the conversation in this thread has been a success :D

I just like giving Kuro a hard time :)

Edit: n0b is easily the coolest guy on the server. I joined.the Gaf server just in time when he made his return :D

Yeef

Togglesworlh said:
Hmmm, how about since beta?

Honestly, I mostly post them for the people who are actually in the videos. And... since 99% of the videos are from the GAF server, I just toss them up here for funsies.

And yeah Clyde is the ghost, DUMMY.

The big rush of videos last week was a ton I uploaded at once because I finally got around to rendering the replays. Worth watching? Eh, depends on who you are.

I think the biggest problem is that without the HUD and voice, the rendered replays lose a lot of context. Thankfully, it seems as if they've finally added the option to render with voice. Dunno if or how it works yet, though.
It's a server option. I enabled it this morning, so it should apply to replays from tonight and onward.

commissar

I really really hope we don't see another "boss" character this Halloween.

This constant crashing is more enjoyable than that.

Togglesworlh said:
kuro doesn't do late night i think you're confusing him with me

which hurts

deeply
doesn't doesn't mean didn't you buts!

Kulock said:
Oh now you're just being silly.
nXAls.jpg

It wasn't about you to begin with. I cited your post merely as a "is this the type of thing I have to keep up with as a TF2 addict?" exasperated statement. I did not start out by saying "Cuban Legend is a very bad person." You in turn made it about yourself, bragging about your profits from your ~24 accounts.

I think there are plenty out there with far more expansive operations than you. I don't even really hate or dislike you for it. That doesn't change the fact that you are, by definition, just as much a gold farmer as any gold farmer in an MMO. You just have to do less work to do it, and Valve isn't as strict and experienced at managing the trade economy, so it's become mostly worthless to the average and even many dedicated players as it currently exists.

If you brag about your success as a gold farmer, I'm going to think of you as a gold farmer. If you seek to redefine the widely-perceived definition of a gold farmer, that is your choice, but not one I choose to agree with. That's all, brosef.
Ok I think I understand. The problem is why you think you have to 'keep up with' me at all... even if you did you wouldn't put a single scratch where it counts, on the Mannconomy's core.

by braggingexplaining to you how my 'operation' goes down i was hoping you would see I'm far from an 'economy busting WoW Gold farmer'. But at this point it seems your definition of a Gold Farmer is different at it's core with my definition of what I do regarding the TF2 Mannconomy in the great scheme of it all. So there seems to be no point in arguing definitions when they can be so objective now is there?

Wrong. Definitions are everything. I'm an 'item farmer' who smelts for metal which i either cash out directly of trade to legit grassroot sellers as I work to complete my never-ending TF2 item collection. I can't put a scratch on the core of this Mannconomy even if I saved metal for a year before making a big trade with it. You've got bigger fishfarmers to worry about the devaluing of your items and or the devaluing of promos which are part of the meat that drives this virtual economy.

Here's the deal bropal, you are right about there being bigger operations than mine, in fact my operation is quite miniscule in comparison to the big money movers of the TF2 Manconnomy. In part you could say they are the 1% while the rest of us, including lowly idlers are chugging along as the lowly 99% trading at a metal/items level. They control prices with how they 'hold' or 'move' vastly large numbers of items worth up to and beyond the "thousand of dollars" mark. Know who I'm talking about yet?

I'm talking about unusuals, the priciest of TF2 items, whose sale prices are fueled almost exclusively by the subjective pricing schemes of those who hoardown the meat of the 'shares' in the unusual market. How can this be... considering their numbers are totaling less than 1% of the items found in the TF2 economy, if you will. In particular, unusual hat farmers is who I'm talking about, they drive the priciest items en mass, controlling items which even though you may never own one, their dealings will in turn trickle down to the TF2's moderately or poor classes by order of promo equivalents and eventually metal equivalents trading.Middle classes consisting of everything fro promo hoarders to metal hoarders, the lower the items base value the least amount of 'push' you can have in the market. Idlers aren't the problem, idlers that mainly only cash-out of TF2 are even less of a problem to the Mannconomy
It's the cash-money investing unusual/promo hoarders that move the markets. It would take an idler like me months upon months to afford even one 'legit level' unusual with my spoils. And even then that wouldn't even touch the market in any significant way.

TL;DR : Low-level Idlers that consistently cash-out of TF2 contribute miniscule amounts to the Mannconomy in comparison to unusual/promo hoarders who hold massive thousand dollar+ shares in the TF2 economy and can shift it by creating item floods or item droughts. While i try to help the new GAF players who are usually the targets who get preyed upon by scum price-gougers and scammers.

I know it ain't a cool story, bromango but I think it clears up who you should be wanting to picket or 'be mad at' for your troubles.
My personal beef with this argument said:
True, there are low-level idlers out there who sell at top prices unlike I do, fact is they have a small are-of-effect just like me. I just happen to be more positive and kind with my are-of-effect and have a thing for giving shit to GAF at prices not used by the mainstream price-gouging low-level hoarders who prey on the desperate new players, which I've been directly attempt at helping with my efforts.
So, even If you can't agree with that which I think shines sufficient clarity on the 'bigger' issue at hand here, my personal argument regarding any positive effect I have at a personal level ...

... then lets all agree to disagree. And settle our differences with a good romp on the GAF server someday as part of this disfunctionally joyous GAF family.
4805820-20a_goofy_movi1xzt.png

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Tenck said:
Cuban Legend likes to idle and he makes good money.

You are terrible at this Kuro. I'll give it a shot.

Anyone remember when Kuro used to be cool and good at TF2? Yeah neither do I.
coming from a n00b? puh-leaze.

Meta gives me fits of rage, but I kill him more than he's killed me, and he's good enough I have to keep constantly aware...you give me fits of laughter with the failure at popping dead ringers at the worst times and walking around extremely suspiciously.

learn to play a useful class instead of douching it up all the time, then we'll talk.

JackFrost said:
I havent even booted up steam after poking around new store last night....Is it playable yet?
shit probably wont be playable fully for a few hours maybe a day or two. this update is fucking huge and i'd image until everyone is done downloading it and updating servers to it... the item server probably wont have a moment to breath.

Just got a patch.

- Items purchased from the Mann Co. store during the window where store items were craftable have been made craftable. Items purchased from the Mann Co. store moving forward will continue to be uncraftable.
- Fixed a common client crash
- Updated localization files

Hopefully this fixes the crashes once and for all.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
ArtistDude88 said:
Just got a patch.

- Items purchased from the Mann Co. store during the window where store items were craftable have been made craftable. Items purchased from the Mann Co. store moving forward will continue to be uncraftable.
- Fixed a common client crash
- Updated localization files

Hopefully this fixes the crashes once and for all.
yeah i got a patch too.

eh...will still prolly crash.

New patch?

• Items purchased from the Mann Co. store during the window where store items were craftable have been made craftable. Items purchased from the Mann Co. store moving forward will continue to be uncraftable.
  • Fixed a common client crash
  • Updated localization files

EDIT: Damn you NotIdleDude88!

Top Bottom